Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 56: October 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really great that the Little Infantas atended this ceremony !!! Only hope that next time the three ladies wear in a more appropiated way.
What were they supposed to wear? Long black dresses? The Infatitas are wearing lovely age-appropriate dresses.

I am rather impressed how good these girls behave. They even salute the flag appropriately. F&L are doing a great job.:flowers:

Letizia and the girls looked so proud watching Prince Felipe during the military review.

What were they supposed to wear? Long black dresses? The Infatitas are wearing lovely age-appropriate dresses.

I am rather impressed how good these girls behave. They even salute the flag appropriately. F&L are doing a great job.:flowers:

Letizia should wear a lovely Spring formal dress (not trousers) and the little Infantas, who are very, very beautiful and very polite , should wear lovely girl's dresses (not cotton dresses good for daily life). There are lot of Spanish fashion brands for kids that make very beautiful clothes for special events.

Letizia should wear a lovely Spring formal dress (not trousers) and the little Infantas, who are very, very beautiful and very polite , should wear lovely girl's dresses (not cotton dresses good for daily life). There are lot of Spanish fashion brands for kids that make very beautiful clothes for special events.

I thought the girls looked fine in their dresses. It was wonderful to see them attend! Letizia could have stepped it up, but that's nothing new.:flowers:

Loved seeing the infantas with Felipe and Letizia. Everyone looked good and those girls are way too cute for words. Simply delightful to see them. And I liked the way Letizia was telling them what was going on when Felipe was with the soldiers. Great outing for all.

I thought the girls looked fine in their dresses. It was wonderful to see them attend! Letizia could have stepped it up, but that's nothing new.:flowers:
I agree, I can understand the complains about Letizia´s clothes, but what´s wrong with the Infantas´?

It´s a daytime outside event, and not such a formal occasion to wear let´s say something like this http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/...ti-layer-bow-princess-dress-formal-font-b.jpg

I think they would be totally out of place, honestly.

I think its great that Felipe and Letizia took the two infantes to this event. well done

just a little note, no big deal...nobody else seems to be wearing sunglasses, i think letizia should have taken them off during the event, (and this is coming from someone who wears sunglasses all the time : D )
http://www.laverdad.es/laverdad/murcia/multimedia/201405/02/media/leti (13).jpg

lovely picture (at least she took them off for her kiss lol)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/be88c6204e980014b80a6830be2baee0/tumblr_n4y9rtdRUM1qg0umko1_1280.jpg

The girls' wear is fine for me. They look appropriate, I don't see anything wrong with that, Sofia wore a simple but pretty dress, Leonor wore a skirt. Dress or Skirt is appropriate for this kind of events.

And the event itself was not way over the top, and the girls had to be sometimes at sunlight, standing up and they watched the planes. They needed some confortable clothes for such an outdoor event like this.

Leonor looks like a Queen already :D
It was great F&L took the girls, that way many bad comments about they protect the girls way to much, they don't do like the other royal houses, etc. will keep quiet for awhile.

It is great that the Little Infantas atended this ceremony !!

Beautiful Family

Such a perfectly beautiful family! The photographs lift the spirit.

You must remember that Military ceremonies are ALWAYS formal events.

Yes, but as kathia_sophia has said, the Infantas had to do a lot of standing up and sitting back down again, and therefore would probably feel a little uncomfortable doing that in a formal party dress. I personally don't see a problem with the Infantas' outfits. They were appropriate for the occasion, IMO. It's not as if they were wearing outfits they might wear to their local playgroup.

This is also the sort of outfits children often wear to parties and more formal events nowadays. At the parties/formal events I've been to, the children are often wearing dresses similar to Sofia's, or clothes that they feel comfortable in such as leggins and a top like Leonor's.

To force the two young girls into something more akin to a junior ball gown etc would have probably made them very uncomfortable and thus harder to handle since it was probably a long day for them, instead their parents took the sensible approach and dressed them in comfortable and appropriate clothing for their ages.

Yes military ceremonies are very formal but only if you are taking an active part in it, if you are there as part of the crowd supporting a loved one anything goes.

Thank you for the photos and video links. Glad to see that Felipe and Letizia are introducing the Infantas to engagements like this one in preparation for their future roles.

You must remember that Military ceremonies are ALWAYS formal events.
They are, but I really think a kind of dress like the one I posted is way over the top :ermm:

People only dress up their children like that for weddings, and even then only if the kid is a pageboy or something similar...

I respect all your points of view although I don't agree at all.

It is not necessary they wear ceremonies dresses to attend a wedding, of course not, but nowadays there a lot of choices in order to wear little girls in a appropiated way, some dresses similar to Netherland's princesses dresses wearing on King's Day would be perfect (the three girls participated in all kind of games and activities on the streets, and they were not uncomfortable at all).

I remember that Leonor and Sofía wore much better time ago than nowadays. Of course, it is not their fault.

@HereditaryPrincess: I am sure you go to events or ceremonies where kids are wearing in a very comfortable and casual way, but that means nothing. I also have the same experience, even I saw kids and adult people wearing jeans to attend a Christening ceremonie.....wich is really disgusting and very impolite. When people go to a special event, never minds if it is a wedding, a Christening, a dinner party, a military event, etc, etc, they must wear in the best and appropiated way, not only because it is polite to do it, but because that shows the respect you feel for people who organise the event and invite you. Of course, kids are not responsable for wearing in a casual or not appropiated way, the responsability belongs to parents....and the obligation of parents is teaching them in the right way. If you don't bring kids up since the beginning, you will find troubles when they become teenagers.

Last edited:
Photos of Leonor

I thought Leonor looked very pale and "washed out" as if she wasn't very well. At one point her mother seemed to feel her forehead, maybe to check her temperature. But Leonor behaved beautifully - as always.

The Prince and Princess of Asturias and Viana will attend this Wednesday, June 4, at the Monastery of San Salvador de Leyre, the awards ceremony of the Prince of Viana Prize of Culture 2014, awarded by the Government of Navarre, and in this edition it went to the historian Tarcisio Azcona, his civil name is Jesus Morrás Santamaria.

Los Príncipes de Asturias presiden este miércoles en Leyre la entrega del Premio Príncipe de Viana de la Cultura 2014 ? Premios ? Noticias, última hora, vídeos y fotos de Premios en lainformacion.com

https://translate.google.es/transla...14_K36pGrRs18dy4hLZCC6924/&edit-text=&act=url

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom