Felipe, Letizia & Family on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Letizia deslumbra entre a realeza europeia - Caras.pt

Caras Magazine, Portugal. Comments are not very flattering at all.

I do not think flattering is the word. It is more of un-filtered HATE diatribes from the anti-Letizia crowd. We have seen similar and worse sentiments expressed on various boards (especially one really filthy spanish board) no matter what Letizia did, wear, speak etc. For reasons such as Anti-Monrachy, Letizia being a commoner, divorced etc, these folks have chosen to hate her day one. These same comments are repeated on every outing of hers - public, private, a joyous occasion, a funeral, a state occasion etc. It does not matter. Her family is not spared either and horrendous, callous remarks are made with relish. This has gone on for 6 years now.

I can bet 100 bucks that as soon as the article came out, it was posted on "THAT" board and the members there then descended to spread their filth there. Their comments would have merit if there was some perspective, some balance.

I feel sorry for these folks

I do not think flattering is the word. It is more of un-filtered HATE diatribes from the anti-Letizia crowd. We have seen similar and worse sentiments expressed on various boards (especially one really filthy spanish board) no matter what Letizia did, wear, speak etc. For reasons such as Anti-Monrachy, Letizia being a commoner, divorced etc, these folks have chosen to hate her day one. These same comments are repeated on every outing of hers - public, private, a joyous occasion, a funeral, a state occasion etc. It does not matter. Her family is not spared either and horrendous, callous remarks are made with relish. This has gone on for 6 years now.

I can bet 100 bucks that as soon as the article came out, it was posted on "THAT" board and the members there then descended to spread their filth there. Their comments would have merit if there was some perspective, some balance.
I feel sorry for these folks

So,you are implying what? that the Portugues People are responsible for some critics of Letizia in some forums in another country Spain? Eh...dont you think that is ridiculous, Caras is a Portugues publication, and those are comments by Portuguese people!! for Christ sake!. What is the relation of the Portuguese readers with people in forums that don't like Leticia, what is the connection? And...if this article was posted in other forums what the crime? is people prohibited to post articles of magazines of other countries? o so what's the problem? I really don't understand. People copy articles from Hola Magazine, is that prohibited too or that is allowed? I dont' get it!

So,you are implying what? that the Portugues People are responsible for some critics of Letizia in some forums in another country Spain? Eh...dont you think that is ridiculous, Caras is a Portugues publication, and those are comments by Portuguese people!! for Christ sake!. What is the relation of the Portuguese readers with people in forums that don't like Leticia, what is the connection? And...if this article was posted in other forums what the crime? is people prohibited to post articles of magazines of other countries? o so what's the problem? I really don't understand. People copy articles from Hola Magazine, is that prohibited too or that is allowed? I dont' get it!

Please do read my comment carefully. I was commenting on the fact that the some of the comments were very similar in their unfiltered hatred in the comments seen on a particular forum. Nothing about posting or not posting articles on forums, commenting or not commenting, which nationalities comment where etc.

And the only reason I even mentioned that forum was because of the similarity in level of hatred in the comments and the kind of language used. When was was reading that forum some time ago, I did become aware of their modus operandi of spreading their hate whenever an internet article/blog post on Letizia invited comments from the general public.

Maybe I am wrong. As you say it is just lay Portuguese people commenting. Some of them must really hate Letizia. Wonder what she did to these people or their country that a positive, harmless article merited such vile response. You must know better than I

jjkg, I have the same impression as you, I know exactly which forum you were talking about. Now all royal forums or even newspaper forums are international forums with people all over the world with different native languages. I don't know what's so surprised about a Portuguese speaker hanging out at an English or Spanish forum or a non native Portuguese writing at a Portuguese forum. If the Portuguese readers (not necessarily from Portugual) hadn't participated at other forums, I doubt this article would have been everywhere :cool:.
I have been following the SRF for years, I think there were always a group of people writing the hatre comments at the woman when she was with Felipe. When she had/has the most handsome and the best prince in Europe, who cares what other people said/say about her, I know I wouldn't if I were the woman.

Besides , one has the right of not liking Letizia, being Spanish or not. Beisdes, I know Spanish people who likes her and others that just doesn't...What's the point of this discussion? :ermm:

Vanesa.

Besides , one has the right of not liking Letizia, being Spanish or not. Beisdes, I know Spanish people who likes her and others that just doesn't...What's the point of this discussion? :ermm:

Vanesa.
The point is this: you can dislike a person but it does not mean you should say or write hateful or cruel things about that person.

jjkg, I have the same impression as you, I know exactly which forum you were talking about. Now all royal forums or even newspaper forums are international forums with people all over the world with different native languages. I don't know what's so surprised about a Portuguese speaker hanging out at an English or Spanish forum or a non native Portuguese writing at a Portuguese forum. If the Portuguese readers (not necessarily from Portugual) hadn't participated at other forums, I doubt this article would have been everywhere :cool:.
I have been following the SRF for years, I think there were always a group of people writing the hatre comments at the woman when she was with Felipe. When she had/has the most handsome and the best prince in Europe, who cares what other people said/say about her, I know I wouldn't if I were the woman.
I've read some of those comments on that portuguese magazine as well as the comments made on *that* forum and I agree there are common opinions. And, as portuguese (and my only comment is about the language, not hate or other feelings, because I really don't want to get into the discussion about the people who make those comments), most comments seem to be done by portuguese speakers without any online translator, there are expressions and words that usually aren't translated to other languages.

It is not first time when I hear bad things about Letizia in Portugues publication. I'm curious: what is with Portugues people ? They are very interested in Spanish royalty (Letizia especially not in a good way).:confused:
What did she do for this image in Portuguese media?
They have their own royal (whatever ...)family. I know that this familly is not such charismatic like the Spanish one but still... Media is interested in them?
Or if Portuguese media is interested in other royal familly than Spanish?
Can someone tell me also if Spanish media is interested in this family too?
:cat:I'm curious like a cat -I hope my curiosity will not kill me:flowers:

It is not first time when I hear bad things about Letizia in Portugues publication. I'm curious: what is with Portugues people ? They are very interested in Spanish royalty (Letizia especially not in a good way).:confused:
What did she do for this image in Portuguese media?
They have their own royal (whatever ...)family. I know that this familly is not such charismatic like the Spanish one but still... Media is interested in them?
Or if Portuguese media is interested in other royal familly than Spanish?
Can someone tell me also if Spanish media is interested in this family too?
:cat:I'm curious like a cat -I hope my curiosity will not kill me:flowers:
The Spanish and the British Royal Families are the most popular in Portugal, specially the spanish since Felipe married Letizia.
"Our" royal family doesn't appear very much on the news, besides it's a non-reigning house so it doesn't get a lot of attention.
About the media, it's not the media that makes bad comments about Letizia, it's the people. There are some people who say that the protuguese magazine Caras pays a lot of attention to the Spanish Royal Family because the owner is an old friend of King Juan Carlos, but I believe this is speculation...
The curious thing is that the Spanish Royals, specially Letizia, sells in Portugal, is not only the media who are interested but also the people.
About the opinions, I know a lot of people who like Letizia and a lot who don't and people who liked her in the begining and don't like her so much right now and vice-versa. I believe that the only thing where everyone agrees is that she is too thin and that's not very flattering.
From what I know about the spanish media, I doubt they know who belong to the Portuguese Royal Family. In fact, I doubt that they appear in any other press, but the portuguese :)

I concur with Juanita. Portugues Magazines as well as other European Publications print articles about all the royals. The fact that this is a thread regarding the Spanish royals is the only reason people post articles referent to the Borbon's in this particular thread. The Asturias are not exclusive in Portugal. Maybe in the same magazine they will have articles about Mette Marit, but will not be posted here because this is not the thread re: Norway. Another fact is that the Asturias visit Portugal frequently, and the Portugues see them in their country and publish it.

To say that Letizia is not particularly elegant or to skinny it not a hateful thing, it's someone's opinion only. Of course they are paid posters all over the internet trying to intimidate others no to posts comments that they do not like. Sorry but a forum is to express people's opinions whether we like it or not. I dont' get paid to said good things, I express what I thing, whether you agree or not. I am not obligated to like Letizia Ortiz, also I don't have a reason to hate her. If she does something nice, or wear something worth to mention I will say so. I feel the same way about the other royals.

Thank you Juanita and Principezza.:flowers:
I think it's about the latin spirit and passion that people put on everything. Even talking about Letizia.
I can understand that . My people has the same way to see things (with passion even if it is not for their good).:heart1:
Principezza, I saw in your last link about the wedding of Victoria that people always come back to Letizia. You can't deny that people have more interest on Letizia . It was Victoria's day and people fight for Letizia.:bang: It most be something more here than simple curiosity.
I hope you will keep us up-to-date.
In my country, people aren't interested in royalty and they know the British Royals and Spanish Royals. Not very much about others. But Letizia was popular when she married Felipe and after a visit here they are in love with her (90% of people who know who she is).
It is very interesting how people react so differently to the same person.:lol:

.....To say that Letizia is not particularly elegant or to skinny it not a hateful thing, it's someone's opinion only. Of course they are paid posters all over the internet trying to intimidate others no to posts comments that they do not like. Sorry but a forum is to express people's opinions whether we like it or not. I dont' get paid to said good things, I express what I thing, whether you agree or not. I am not obligated to like Letizia Ortiz, also I don't have a reason to hate her. If she does something nice, or wear something worth to mention I will say so. I feel the same way about the other royals.

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden’s Wedding Weekend « Red Carpet Fashion Awards
What is this a wordwide conspiracy? even the americans or brittons are allies of certain spanish forum and they leave "hateful comments too" I thought is only the mean Portuguese OMG!

I respect your opinion. Could you please, pretty please do the courtesy to read carefully, comprehend and respect opinion of others too. Nobody talked about paid posters, intimidation etc. Nobody asked you not to express your dislike for Letizia. These are red herrings distractions from the main point of this discussion. :flowers::flowers:

I am very glad you posted this article because the contrast between the comments on this article and the Portugese just proved my point.

As others have also commented, the language used in the comments of that particular Portugese article was very similar to the irrational hate we see in that forum. It is one thing to talk about her extreme thinness and quite another to phrase it in words that are just vile and totally irrational. It was the cruel language that was used that threw the red flag up.

The comments on this particular article are what you see normally , people expressing dislike of Letizia's thinness, but in a calm rational manner. There are also comments from people who liked her. It is just like comments posted on blogs like Huffington Post and others whenever there is an article on Letizia. Like her on not, there is respect and rationality to opinions expressed.

It´s so ludicrous, that there are people, who really hate her. I mean what did she do, that there is so much hate? Facepalm!

Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden’s Wedding Weekend « Red Carpet Fashion Awards

What is this a wordwide conspiracy? even the americans or brittons are allies of certain spanish forum and they leave "hateful comments too" I thought is only the mean Portuguese OMG!

I don't see any 'hateful comments' following the link above in English. Some people didn't like her thinness, even joked about buying her mile shakes, cheeseburgers with french fries, but I don't see any bitter and hateful tones like a couple of comments in the Portuguese forum (it could be from the same poster though).

We didn't "hate her". We just plainly doesn't LIKE her and we are free to do so, I think. Not liking Letizia it's not a sin, as it is not a sin to like her either...

Vanesa.

We didn't "hate her". We just plainly doesn't LIKE her and we are free to do so, I think. Not liking Letizia it's not a sin, as it is not a sin to like her either...

Vanesa.

Ofcourse!!! Like or dislike is not the issue here.

It is the irrationally intense VITRIOL used by a certain section of the internet forums that is being discussed. And it is not limited to Letizia. None of her family members are spared and horrendously nasty things are said about them and their personal lives. This is the aspect that is causing this "head scratching"!

An extremely TAME example regarding the red dress she wore at the swedish pre-wedding gala : Someone can say "She doesn't look good all. Her arms are too skinny...her dress is too red....her hair looks untidy etc". It is quite another to say "She is disgustingly ugly sl*t, she makes me vomit.". And this is the tamest of tame examples. Things that are routinely said about her and her family's sexuality are unfathomable.

One has a perfect right to dislike her and her family. But one does not have a right to take away her humanity / human dignity.

It is the irrationally intense VITRIOLIt is quite another to say "She is disgustingly ugly sl*t, she makes me vomit.".

It is puzzling why these people would even read articles about her if they dislike her so much that she makes vomit. Why would they want to go through agony. They should avoid articles about her like the plague.

It is the irrationally intense VITRIOL used by a certain section of the internet forums that is being discussed. And it is not limited to Letizia. None of her family members are spared and horrendously nasty things are said about them and their personal lives. This is the aspect that is causing this "head scratching"!

An extremely TAME example regarding the red dress she wore at the swedish pre-wedding gala : Someone can say "She doesn't look good all. Her arms are too skinny...her dress is too red....her hair looks untidy etc". It is quite another to say "She is disgustingly ugly sl*t, she makes me vomit.". And this is the tamest of tame examples. Things that are routinely said about her and her family's sexuality are unfathomable.

One has a perfect right to dislike her and her family. But one does not have a right to take away her humanity / human dignity.

Comments like those are horrible, but they aren't tolerated on this forum. They are removed. What is the problem:flowers:

Comments like those are horrible, but they aren't tolerated on this forum. They are removed. What is the problem:flowers:

You are right the type of comments haven't been allowed on this forum. However if someone posted a link of another forum, deliberatly wanted to mention the type comments after the article, other posters here wouldn't even be allowed to say something ?

The people who wrote such things must look at themselves in the mirror with shame .

Its either jealousy or self loathe that causes people to be so nasty,I feel sorry for them,perhaps they should go & see a doctor.

Who is Luis Medina?

I love these 2 pictures of Letizia esp. the 2nd one. She's radiant...
He is the son of a well known spanish former model, Nati Abascal. His brother is the Duke of Feria and his grandmother is the 18th Duchess of Medinaceli.

Back
Top Bottom