Felipe, Letizia & Family on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This weeks Hello magazine as a special about Letizia's fashion to mark the wedding anniversary

Princess Letizia is on this week's Caras magazine (from Portugal):
CARAS Edição 725 - Caras.pt

The title is: The new face of Letizia
According to the magazine's publicity, the content is about the worry of the princess about her image and because of it she became "obsessed" (expression used by the magazine) with plastic surgery

Princess Letizia is on this week's Caras magazine (from Portugal):
CARAS Edição 725 - Caras.pt

The title is: The new face of Letizia
According to the magazine's publicity, the content is about the worry of the princess about her image and because of it she became "obsessed" (expression used by the magazine) with plastic surgery

Sure, if only she has the time :rolleyes:. Some seem to think the plastic surgery is like eating dinner, have it done, then go to work the next day looking absolutely normal LOL :lol::lol:.

Can someone please translate these?, Thanks a lot in advance! :)

I hate the german press, they write only lying. I don't understand why people read it. These covers say, that Letizia has again her eatproblem, and they will divorce, and her sister-in-law don't like her and make plotting against her.
But we should only see the summerfotos from Mallorca and we know this things aren't true.

fortimo said:
I hate the german press, they write only lying. I don't understand why people read it. These covers say, that Letizia has again her eatproblem, and they will divorce, and her sister-in-law don't like her and make plotting against her.
But we should only see the summerfotos from Mallorca and we know this things aren't true.

Thanks fortimo!. I was sure it was something like that, I really don't know who buys these magazines and actually believes all that nonsense.

This covers say also lying: Letizia brings her kids in danger (lifedanger?) and her kids ask that they must to die? (And it is Letizias fault).
The last says that the queen is suddenly her enemy.
I think the german press don't like her. Or it is so more interesting? But this stories are such stupid things!!

Casa Real should go to court against these German trash magazines, as the Royal House of Sweden did because of the lies of princess Madeleine.

The Swedish Court has a long history of lawsuits against the yellow press, similar to Princess Caroline Hanover.

The SRF will complain but they will never sue. It has to do with freedom of press / censorship, a sensitive topic in Spain thanks to the recent history of dictatorship and total control of the media by Franco's regime.

Even the lawsuit against El Jueves (the infamous satirical image of F&L) wasn't initiated by the SRF but by public prosecution.

The Spanish Embassy in Germany did file a complain when Bunte ran a story on Letizia's 'eating disorders'. Everyone knows most of the German yellow magazines are for 'laugh' only, no need to file a lawsuit.

The Spanish Embassy in Germany did file a complain when Bunte ran a story on Letizia's 'eating disorders'. Everyone knows most of the German yellow magazines are for 'laugh' only, no need to file a lawsuit.

Well the Swedish and others didn't see it that way and many of the Letizia stories would be worth a lawsuit. It got really out of hand, maybe due to the fact that the German media knows that the Spanish might complain but will not sue. The usual stories are highly offensive and undignified, repeated week in week out in up to 15 yellow press mags. Letizia perfectly fits into the "sad" role, something between depressed and ill with her in-laws giving her a hard time. It's partly down to Letizia's obvious change of appearance, arguably not for the better, and various personal setbacks such as the suicide of her sister, and to Sofia's nightmare image as the most strict of all mothers in law, the grim custodian of protocol.

If they decided to sue it would be a similar outcome as for the Swedish court, a fine and an apology, would it stop the stories, no, certainly not. The yellow press is very fond of counterstatements, they will be used to make up new headlines.

Back
Top Bottom