Felipe, Letizia & Family on Magazine Covers

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think these two are going to be compare for the rest of their lifes! They are almoust the same age, they come from a Royal family, their moms are Crown Princess, they are both pretty famous, they are both very beautiful babys!

Why do Spanish people say "guapos" when they see the princes? What is that supposed to mean? They scream "beautiful"?

Roxsteve said:
Why do Spanish people say "guapos" when they see the princes? What is that supposed to mean? They scream "beautiful"?
I think it's just a normal saying in Spain. For example when there's an attractive girl walking down the street and the guys are looking at her and just shouting "guapa!" (it can work on the other site as well;)) so it's not a think connected only with the Princes ;)

Redferns said:

Thanks Redferns

Bunte: Princess Letizia - why did her sister have to die?

Neue Woche: The coronation of a big love

Especially the german mags always manipulate the jewels - put kind of a fake spark on it (see Neue Woche). That looks so silly :lol:

I think it's just a normal saying in Spain. For example when there's an attractive girl walking down the street and the guys are looking at her and just shouting "guapa!" (it can work on the other site as well;)) so it's not a think connected only with the Princes ;)

when a person does something very very well says "torero" (bullfigther)
(example:raúl gonzález fútbol player,pau gasol basketball player )
if a person has fame,she is a well-known person (example: antonio banderas,penélope cruz...),then we say "guapa/o"
it is a way to speak

Thank you, Redferns.:thistle:
It is always a pleasure to see photos of the princess.:wub:

Thank you for the photos. A very good recopilation of photos about the princes.

They are a lot of wonderful pics of the Princess of Asturias, I don't understand where this kind of magazine can find a so uggly shot ????:eek:

Could be a german magazine ;) What a horrific airbrush! What was the editor thinking? This picture doesn't help selling his magazine, that's for sure.

A nice picture, for the Prince is widely smiling...almost laughing! And thank you for posting it, for I didn't know that "Hola" magazine (or "Hello" in English) has a French version! :eek: Every day we are learning things...

Vanesa.

When travelling to Germany I saw that the press now starts relating to the ZDF docu "Koenigskinder" http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/docu-koenigskinder-zdf-13249.html (45 min features on F&L, H&MM, WA&M, M&F, Victoria & Prince William). The author is very respected but it seems that the feature on F&L will base a lot on her changed personality (as much discussed in this forum), from successful TV presenter to the "sad" princess. I was very surprised by that because ZDF is usually not very critical of Royal Houses.

I saw some rubbish written such as a possible divorce because Letizia is not the woman anymore who Felipe fell in love with, she is depressive etc. It was mentioned that Queen Sofia once made the statement to Paloma P. that if her son wanted to marry a non suitable person she'll help them to make the marriage work. The result is that Queen Sofia transformed Letizia into this suitable person but the price is that she lost everything that was special about her before. Further, there are statements of Jose Infante, a former colleague, who said that Letizia is raping her own character that's why she's so stressed all the time and that the image she's showing off now (her role as CP) is very much different to her true personality.

I haven't seen it yet, will be on TV on 7th August, but does anyone know if there is such a statement from Queen Sofia? I can't recall she has ever given an interview, and this is a very sensible topic to speak about.

Sincerely, I have the impression of which the german press, it is in general a yellow press, for many seriousness that they try to have with the monarchy ... and it is, because only it is based on appearances and gossips that do not have any base. Most of the news that come to them is lies that they invent or that invent others ... and in Spain there are boring people who has invited many barbarities.

I do not believe that the Princess Letizia has changed ... in the fund she has not changed ... she has changed in the appearance, or rather they have forced her to change, because they have ill-treated her so much and have done her so much damage for bilges, which probably there has not had another remedy that to adapt. She has passed to occupy a background, discreetly and quietly ... but this it is the front. Because they are few those that really they share time with Letizia, because they are few ones those who have sat down with her in a table to speaking, because they are few ones those who go to her house ... and this few ones do not speak. And when they speak they say everything opposite ... there are very serious journalists in Spain that they dedicate to the political information (and not to the gossip), that have sat down to the table with the real Letizia, and the vision that they give is different enough.

She has had that adapt to a life totally different from the one that had before, and it has a process. It is impossible that Letizia Princess is equal to Letizia journalist ... because her life has changed very much .... and this it is a process for which every person pass in the life ... though in her case it has been very radical.

The Prince also has changed, of serious and tense Prince ... he has passed to be the happy, nice and sociable Prince .... and it is said by journalists who follow him 30 years ago .... it does not seem that he goes so badly with Letizia.

On the topic of the Queen, the Queen gave interview only to the journalist Pilar Urbano who wrote her biography. The biography has enough years, and in it she was saying that always support to the woman that her son should choose.

Last edited:
Sincerely, I have the impression of which the german press, it is in general a yellow press, for many seriousness that they try to have with the monarchy ... and it is, because only it is based on appearances and gossips that do not have any base. Most of the news that come to them is lies that they invent or that invent others ... and in Spain there are boring people who has invited many barbarities.

I do not believe that the Princess Letizia has changed ... in the fund she has not changed ... she has changed in the appearance, or rather they have forced her to change, because they have ill-treated her so much and have done her so much damage for bilges, which probably there has not had another remedy that to adapt. She has passed to occupy a background, discreetly and quietly ... but this it is the front. Because they are few those that really they share time with Letizia, because they are few ones those who have sat down with her in a table to speaking, because they are few ones those who go to her house ... and this few ones do not speak. And when they speak they say everything opposite ... there are very serious journalists in Spain that they dedicate to the political information (and not to the gossip), that have sat down to the table with the real Letizia, and the vision that they give is different enough.

She has had that adapt to a life totally different from the one that had before, and it has a process. It is impossible that Letizia Princess is equal to Letizia journalist ... because her life has changed very much .... and this it is a process for which every person pass in the life ... though in her case it has been very radical.

The Prince also has changed, of serious and tense Prince ... he has passed to be the happy, nice and sociable Prince .... and it is said by journalists who follow him 30 years ago .... it does not seem that he goes so badly with Letizia.

On the topic of the Queen, the Queen gave interview only to the journalist Pilar Urbano who wrote her biography. The biography has enough years, and in it she was saying that always support to the woman that her son should choose.

Thanks lula.

It is correct that the german mags write a lot of rubbish but I was surprised that the docu about F&L will obviously have the same content because it is done by a serious and well known journalist, Guido Knopp. He is not from the Yellow Press and ZDF is a "serious" public channel, besides, he did the well received docu about the parent generation (Majestaet) including Sofia & JC.

Maybe Queen Sofia's statement was misused or taken out of context. ZDF started advertising this weekend for the docu because Victoria's story will be shown tomorrow and published parts of the content but the press only jumped on the F&L story, although it will only be shown on August 7th. I don't know what view will be taken on the other CPs but probably they are all presented as a story with a happy ending, finally getting rid of all problems and living happily ever after.

Although I do think she has changed (and not for the better but I have given my opinion on this in the What's your opinion thread so no need to repeat myself) I dislike most stories of the Yellow Press because they are simply too absurd and discrediting, and consequently I don't like that there is now a kind of serious "official" docu based on this "sad princess" image simply because people will believe every word.

Back
Top Bottom