Felipe & Letizia at the 2006 FIFA World Cup

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, we're fast! just a day later and already a lot of news. :)

anyways, i watched a couple of moves of the Spanish team during the game and judging from what i've seen, they were really superb over the Ukranians. The Ukrainians missed a lot of good opportunities to score, and the Spanish team made use of these to their advantage. ;)

glad to see the Princes cheering their team too! they all must be on a high with that win. :D

congrats to the Spanish team! Viva la Seleccion Española!

irishchick said:
The last picture Letizia doesn't look very happy
Gosh I hope it was beer she was drinking! if you calculate in the fact that the camera typically adds a pound or five, then in real life, Letitia must be worse than skeletally, scarily thin! Letizia: please please drink some beer, enjoy a german schnitzel or two, some bratwurst, please!

What happens ? Cataplum of cataplum , a woman who is becoming " royal" in 2004 didn't forget her plebeyan origin and drink a beer! - beurk!- Happylly the appearences are salving because it's her husband who gave it !

I'm totaly deasapointed to know that the Princes of Asturia can drink a so popular breuvage than beer; I don't understand why they didn't drink Champaign ? Or may be they are doing a publicity for trademark : "it's look like beer, it has the same color but it's not beer !" or " it's look like ginger ale, it has the same color of ginger ale but it's not ginger ale ! "........So ridiculous....

I'm totaly sure that all the admirators of the Princess of Asturias can have in his pic's collection a shot of the Princess with a Champaign 's glass on her hand to bring a toast in officiel gala dinner ! What does mean ? The Kings or Princes can't drink only champaign ( more higher in alchool!! !) I repeat What a ridiculous discussion !

Last edited:
how this master key you it here this discution is ridiculous letizia drinks a beer and then or is the evil!!! it is right a beer and as much of woman letizia does not drink
any!!!

Yesterday night, I wasn't at home and I read just now all this thread. I have to said that I can't understand this kind of stupid discussion.

Spain have crown heire princess who like football, it's fantastic ( for me I don't like it and I don't know how I could be react if I had to attend for all a match of football.... No comment! )

With her husband she had shared and been stirred for all the major moments of the match, with her husband she had shared a glass of beer ! What is the trubble ?

Can you imagine the criticism if Letizia didn't like football and if she had stay in her seat whithout looking at the match ?

I'm quite sure, as I can read above that if it was Maxima who did it, nobody say nothing....

Really, the criticism will never stop.....

Last edited:
Pictures from seegerpress:

Attachments

• leipzig.jpg
    leipzig.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 223
  • leipzig2.jpg
    leipzig2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 267
  • leipzig3.jpg
    leipzig3.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 258
  • leipzig4.jpg
    leipzig4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 166
  • leipzig5.jpg
    leipzig5.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 214
Cissan said:
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc270&image=13417_06061408.jpg

Ewww, scary arm!

I think it's good that she drinks beer, there are lots of calories in beer and she really needs them.

I which people would stop critisising Letizia's figure. yes she's thin so what! It's not like she doesn't eat. Her family on many occasions have said that the princess eats a lot but simply doesn't but on any weight. She just simply has a fast metabolism. I happen to know from own experiences that it's quite annoying for people to think you don't eat just because you're skinny. Just leave it alone!

adelaide said:
Yesterday night, I wasn't at home and I read just now all this thread. I have to said that I can't understand this kind of stupid discussion.

Spain have crown heire princess who like football, it's fantastic ( for me I don't like it and I don't know how I could be react if I had to attend for all a match of football.... No comment! )

With her husband she had shared and been stirred for all the major moments of the match, with her husband she had shared a glass of beer ! What is the trubble ?

Can you imagine the criticism if Letizia didn't like football and if she had stay in her seat whithout looking at the match ?

I'm quite sure, as I can read above that if it was Maxima who did it, nobody say nothing....

Really, the criticism will never stop.....

I am entirely of your opinion in any way no matter what it does it will find of what to attack it criticism is easy

By the way, as I was reading this thread and watching at the pics and the videos, I have noticed an awful and unprotocolar detail... I'm afraid to speak about that because it's a very big fault according the "etiquette"... Felipe, the Prince of Asturias, the Crown Prince himself.... had put away his jacket and was staying in shirtsleeves in front of everybody during all the match!! Oh my God !...

All the rules of protocol, decorum, good manners have disappeared..... :p:p ...We can understand that a footballer as Beckenbauer can do it.....:D but not a crown prince!!..........

I'm quiet sure it's the Letizia's influence......:D

i will as well stand by those saying royals shouldn't drink beer in public. some reasons to support it were "oh well, she is drinking beer but... everyone does it". there's a difference though, if we are talking about a prince or a princess or any other royal. protocol should always be there, even in this kind of relaxed events, for any royal. moreover, the more you do it, the more normal it is... i bet that even when the royal family is eating together, they respect if not all, most of the rules they respect when eating in a formal dinner with guests. it's something that becomes internalized.

however, i must say it's not probable she is drinking beer. firstly, because that may have been one of the most important lessons she received when she got engaged (did we ever see queen sofia having a beer in public? no, since she knows that would definitely be critisized), when covering manners in the table and all that: do not drink alcohol or smoke in public. and secondly, not to be sexist, but ladies in spain don't usually drink beer. unlike in other countries i think in spain beer is quite restricted to men and more like a man's drink. although considering they were in germany...:D

coming back to topic, i think it was a nice detail that they supported the selection in their first game. letizia looked lovely and very happy...

Last edited:
All joking aside, I do agree with Carlota that there is a certain protocol and it should be observed. When you think of it, how many times have we seen a picture of a royal person eating or drinking anything at all? And we see a lot of pictures. I have noticed that even when the royal person attends a reception and is offered champagne or appetizers, they may be photographed holding the glass or the plate, but you will never see a picture of the food or drink going into the mouth. But this is different, I think. A sporting match where everyone is excited and it's hot, well, I do think it is okay here.

royaltywatcher said:
I have noticed that even when the royal person attends a reception and is offered champagne or appetizers, they may be photographed holding the glass or the plate, but you will never see a picture of the food or drink going into the mouth.
And nevertheless, we've just seen Queen Sofia drinking milk from a bottle, just a few months ago... now that I would call a violation of protocol, if there is something in protocol saying that royals can not be seen eating or drinking...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=243750&d=1147806727
(from reuters via yahoo)

Quite frankly, everybody here evokes protocol at one's will, but nobody actually knows the various protocols... :rolleyes: and to top everything, let's stop talking about "the" protocol, as if there was just one kind of protocol to apply tp all and every situation... the attendence of a football match certaily requires the observance of different behaviour from that of a gala dinner, so let's all be reasonable, please.

Did they order beer or the host(germans)offered them?

carlota said:
however, i must say it's not probable she is drinking beer. firstly, because that may have been one of the most important lessons she received when she got engaged (did we ever see queen sofia having a beer in public? no, since she knows that would definitely be critisized), when covering manners in the table and all that: do not drink alcohol or smoke in public. and secondly, not to be sexist, but ladies in spain don't usually drink beer. unlike in other countries i think in spain beer is quite restricted to men and more like a man's drink. although considering they were in germany...:D

coming back to topic, i think it was a nice detail that they supported the selection in their first game. letizia looked lovely and very happy...

What women do not in Spain drink beer? :confused: It is clear that they drink it, like the men, like they drink wine or any other drink.

CERTAINLY, THE PRINCE ALSO WAS DRINKING AND NOBODY COMMENTS ON IT... ONLOOKER:rolleyes:

LaChicaMadrilena said:
VIDEO of the Princes talking to journalists after the match
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20060615/NOTICIA222329975.html

The Prince revealed that Franz Beckenbauer (president of the Organizing Committee of the World Championship) "has commented to me that, so far, this was the best match in the Championship and that, coming from a connoisseur like him, is very good". Don Felipe thinks that we need to follow step after step: "the end? It is necessary to be prudent".
Doña Letizia said: "I have enjoyed it very much, let's keep like this"!

I like very much the match, the princes was relaxed,spontaneous and happy with the goals of the spanish selection. Was funny how Letizia lives the match.

Elsa M. said:
And nevertheless, we've just seen Queen Sofia drinking milk from a bottle, just a few months ago... now that I would call a violation of protocol, if there is something in protocol saying that royals can not be seen eating or drinking...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=243750&d=1147806727
(from reuters via yahoo)

Can you imagine if it was Letizia who drank milk straight from the bottle in front of everyone? I've always been taught that it's very rude to drink from the bottle. We will never hear the end of it here and in whole Spain. The truth is Letizia will never do anything right from the eyes of many people.

I was looking the game of Spain and Ukraine and in the game presents the prince and princess of Asturias

agm said:
captures from cuatro
Beautiful photos; especially the one on the top right--the Spanish princess with her fan!

Last edited by a moderator:
planetcher said:
Can you imagine if it was Letizia who drank milk straight from the bottle in front of everyone? I've always been taught that it's very rude to drink from the bottle. We will never hear the end of it here and in whole Spain. The truth is Letizia will never do anything right from the eyes of many people.

I don't think it is a big deal...we are making it a big issue. I think it is fun to discuss and see what other people all over the world think. I don't think it is the end of the world for Letizia or the Spanish Monarchy--it just happened and cheers!!! Salud!!!

I do not see what is wrong with drinking beer while watching football in a stadium.It is hot and the atmosphere is informal just give them a break!Anyway congrats to the Spain team for their fantastic win!

Roxsteve said:
I don't think it is a big deal...we are making it a big issue. I think it is fun to discuss and see what other people all over the world think. I don't think it is the end of the world for Letizia or the Spanish Monarchy--it just happened and cheers!!! Salud!!!
But you have to admit that the Queen could do the worst of things, but people won't even care or bother, but for Letizia it would be a really big deal to everyone.

:mad: Stop arguing about this pleeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee

They are having fun watching the match so what...?????????

lula said:
What women do not in Spain drink beer? :confused: It is clear that they drink it, like the men, like they drink wine or any other drink.

CERTAINLY, THE PRINCE ALSO WAS DRINKING AND NOBODY COMMENTS ON IT... ONLOOKER:rolleyes:

elsa, it wasn't my intention to offend you. i certainly don't know as much as the royals about protocol, but i like reading about the subject and i'm eager to know more and morw about it. the problem is that books and webpages are far too basic, and most of the people who live in nowaday's society would learn those at home. i only wish they would extend their repertoire.

the queen really surprised me lately. i was so impressed to see her majesty the queen with the milk and closing the envelope of her vote for the referendum...:confused:

lula, i didn't say that they didn't drink it, but perhaps it's more common to have wine, for example. perhaps it comes from personal experience, but ii think it's not very usual to see a group of women at the bar having a pint, let's say. that would look far more man-like than lady-like to me.

moreover, from the photos we just see letizia. i bet if they were both drinking the comments would be directed to both of them.

but saying it again, i didn't mean to offend. that's just my opinion and i stick to it and if she (they) did something wrong it is not the end of the world, to me anyway.

Who drinks wine for a soccergame:p and not lady like to have a glass of beer? there cant be many Ladies in the UK and Germany then:D Congrats to Spain.
Cheers Letizia and Felipe:D Hope it tasted good in the heat.

AP.

Attachments

• 91275186000043.jpg
    91275186000043.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 91275186000040.jpg
    91275186000040.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back