Felipe & Letizia at the 2006 FIFA World Cup

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photos from ANP

Attachments

• 3187609.jpg
    3187609.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 3187621.jpg
    3187621.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 257
Last edited by a moderator:
Beer in Germany is what wine is in France. Enjoy!

I for one don't think it matters if they have beer (if that's what it was) at a sporting event. The thing that I notice most about the pictures is the wonderful enthusiasm that both Felipe and Letizia display during the game. Whenever they go to a sporting match they always really seem to get into it!

From terra:

Attachments

• 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 466
Well I watched the game and it was awsome! I did see that the princes of asturia were there and enjoyed every minute of the game. What a way to support their team!

What a great Victory for Spain... Reaaly wonderfull the way that Letizia and Felipe supported the team..

Thanks for the videos agm!!! The third one is hilarious, Letizia was so sweet and funny:)

I think she was drinking a glass of guaraná. If you don´t know, guaraná is made in Brasil. And the color is like beer´s color.

That boredom with this topic!:confused:

Spain won, the Princes enjoyed and the whole country with them.

The rest is absurd and does not have importance and I do not deal why there is given it. It was hot and they did what was normal, the players of football, the trainers, the journalists and even the umpire they were throwing water bottles on the heat that it was doing. The whole world was drinking something, the Princes a glass of beer that they shared in the second part of the game ... :eek: :p

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/mundial/espana/es/desarrollo/659425.html

The Princes of Asturias enjoyed of the pretty thing with Spain

The Princes of Asturias, who travelled to be present in Leipzig at the premiere of the Spanish selection in the World one of Germany before Ukraine in the Zentralstadion, recognized at the conclusion of the game to have " enjoyed very much " and they trust " that does not decline " this spirit of "team" that one saw on the lawn.

" They have played very well, one notices that there is team and it is the most important thing ", expressed Prince Felipe in declarations to ' La Sexta '.

Don Felipe could talk during the game with Franz Beckenbauer, president of the Organizing Committee, who equally praised the performance of those of Luis Aragonés. " He has said to me that he was very impressed by the team and that it was the best game of all those that he had seen at this hour and coming from a connoisseur and an expert as him, it is very good. That it does not decline ", he wished.

For her part, Dona Letizia recognized credit " enjoyed very much " and wished " to be still like that ", though both asked for "prudence" for the games that reduce ahead in the group, to which they could not confirm still if they will be able to represent.

Last edited:
I've just seen the videos posted by agm (Thank you :)) and it is amaizing how Princess Letizia suffers, jumps and ethused like anyone of us. Prince Felipe found a woman to share everything that's for sure.

Could we skip the subjec what-is-in-that-glass... whatever it was certainly tasted great under that warm and stress.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

http://www.noticias.info/asp/aspComunicados.asp?nid=188483&src=0#

The Princes of Asturias, in the box

The Princes of Asturias, don Felipe and dona Leticia, represented, such and as it was announced, to the meeting disputed in the Zentralstadion of Leipzig. Also it was done By Ángel Maria Villar, president of the RFEF; Juan Padrón, vice-president and members of territorial and of committees of the Royal Spanish Federation of Football.

The Secretary of State did not lose the game for the Sport, Jaime Lissavetzky and there were, in addition, present Eduardo Zaplana, speaker of the PP in the Congress; Bonifacio of Santiago, mayor of Las Rozas, and presidents of clubs: Enrique Cerezo (Athletic of Madrid); Fernando Roig (Villarreal). In the box they occupied seat also Joseph S. Blatter, president of the FIFA, Joao Havelange, ex-president, and Franz Beckenbauer, president of the Organizing Committee of the World one.

Attachments

• 00100_0000005104_WR010390-Noticia.jpg
    00100_0000005104_WR010390-Noticia.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 281
I am sorry if you don't understand my opinion. I was very happy that they were in the game supporting our team. It was really amazing to see them there, but I know that the protocoll of the Spanish Royal House is very stricted usually with this subject. The members of the SRH can not be photographed or filmed while they are drinking alcohol drinks, only if they are making "cheers" in oficial acts. This is not something that I have invented, this is in the protocoll, because they are models for the people in Spain to follow and it is not "beautiful". Of course I don't care if they drink beer in their private lives or not, but in public they must be more careful.
Only this, I hope my opinion didn't cause any pain or damage for any of you.

That says in the protocol? that regulates is that? :confused: Alcohol? also there is beer without alcohol.:rolleyes:

nayralorenzo said:
I am sorry if you don't understand my opinion. I was very happy that they were in the game supporting our team. It was really amazing to see them there, but I know that the protocoll of the Spanish Royal House is very stricted usually with this subject. The members of the SRH can not be photographed or filmed while they are drinking alcohol drinks, only if they are making "cheers" in oficial acts. This is not something that I have invented, this is in the protocoll, because they are models for the people in Spain to follow and it is not "beautiful". Of course I don't care if they drink beer in their private lives or not, but in public they must be more careful.
Well, more or less we know that but paparazzi don't or they doesn't want...

This all I'm saying. How can you go to Germany and not drink beer? I find nothing wrong with Letizia drinking. She's like any other regular person.

nayralorenzo said:

It is not a protocol, it is only an image, which they do not like that they photograph them drinking or smoking it is a question of image, not of protocol.

In many occasions, images of them appear drinking with a glass in the hand, or when they come to some place and offer them a drink they prove it. Really it is a bit absurd, because it is possible to see them in an oficial food and not drinking a glass in any act.

Everything depends on the circumstances, on the type of act and on the situation.
Today they were in a football match, in one very warm day, at a terrible hour and in Germany. They went out in the rest and they would offer them drink, which then they took to themselves to the box.

If someone reads the notes on the visits of the Princes, when there is a cocktail always is commented that the Prince is in the habit of drinking a beer, while Letizia is in the habit of drinking a refreshment (coca cola ) or in any occasion a glass of wine.

nayralorenzo said:

I saw a picture long time ago of King Juan Carlos drinking wine from a huge wine container at a regata celebration (a very cool picture), thus I don't think it's a protocol that the royals can't drink alcohols in public.

http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/52376.asp?tt=

Germany surrendered to Letizia's fan and to the "Spanish fury"

All the German newspapers emphasize the presence of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia at the honour tribune, the heat they had to fight against, in the warmest day of the year in Germany, and the commentaries exchanged between the Prince of Asturias and the kaiser Franz Beckenbauer. Besides, they also comment on the happiness face of Doña Letizia, her "peculiarly Spanish" way of fanning and the spontaneity how the princes jumped of their seats, whenever Spain got to score.

http://www.informativos.telecinco.es/seleccion/mundial/ucrania/dn_26956.htm

The game was attended in the Leipzig stadium, by the Princes of Asturias, who travelled this morning to Germany, to attend the debut of Spain in the World Championship.

Don Juan Carlos could only see the second half of the game, after arriving in Madrid, coming from Murcia, where he visited this morning Culvert. The King, who watched the game on television in La Zarzuela, "is enchanted with the Spanish victory, and has enjoyed the game very much", said a spokesman of Casa Real. The same spokesman has also informed that Doña Sofía watched the game in Bangkok, and that she has also lived the victory "with great joy".

http://actualidad.tiscali.es/articulo.jsp?pos=1&sub=1&content=488148

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia (who took a t-shirt in the colour of the Spanish equipment underneath her jacket and a fan to face the enormous heat that was felt in Leipzig) vibrated with the game and, for several moments, they were frightened by the Ukrainian attacks, although in the end they were cheerful with the triumph of the Spanish team, being congratulated for that matter.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/noticias/noticia.asp?id=14476&edicion=14/06/2006&pass=

The princes vibrated with the game and suffered with the best attack of Ukraine, which almost ended in goal. Don Felipe shook the hand after that, in sign of relief.
The Princes of Asturias were not immune to the heat that was felt today in Leipzig and shared one beer, during the second half of the game. Doña Letizia (who enjoyed the affection of the Spanish applauders, who even requested the princess to "hurl”, when Spain scored 3-0) had always had a fan in her hands, to fight against the high temperatures.

Last edited:
Lauritas138 said:
Just it is a beer! to drink beer in Spain while you see a soccer match or with friends is something completely normal that it comprises of our culture… although you are princess of Spain.It seems perfect to me if Letizia wants to to drink a beer in publish, this is completely healthy and natural. You do not exaggerate please! What an absurd debate!!
Absurd is exactly right. Do we live in Victorian England or something?

They looked to have had a great time and Spain played some beautiful soccer.

nayralorenzo said:

Ever since queen Sofía drank milk of the bottle directly, I don't believe that the princes did deserves commentaries. You confuse a custom of the SRF, initiated by the queen,:cool: because it seemed to him few elegant to appear in the photos eating and drinking, with the protocol, that nothing says on which the princes in a soccer match must drink or eat.

I think that you have given too much importance him, they don't get drunk.:D :rolleyes: :)

Elsa M. said:
http://www.elsemanaldigital.com/arts/52376.asp?tt=

Germany surrendered to Letizia's fan and to the "Spanish fury"

All the German newspapers emphasize the presence of Don Felipe and Doña Letizia at the honour tribune, the heat they had to fight against, in the warmest day of the year in Germany, and the commentaries exchanged between the Prince of Asturias and the kaiser Franz Beckenbauer. Besides, they also comment on the happiness face of Doña Letizia, her "peculiarly Spanish" way of fanning herself and the spontaneity how the princes jumped of their seats, whenever Spain got to score.

It has had to of being terrible the heat. More than 30 degrees and an hour where the sun does not have piety. There is no the one who understands how football matches can be played at this hour in June.:cool:

In television they did a video only speaking about it. The Prince without jacket, the football players drinking it waters down non-stop, the umpire having a shower with a bottle of water, a cameraman throwing water to his face...The graceful thing is that they had said to the journalists that it could rain ... and of it waters down at all, the splendid sun. The Spanish still are a bit accustomed (really not because in summer the games are played later to avoid the heat), but the Ukrainian ones must have passed it fatally.:confused:

I have read a lot of ridiculous things about Letizia here at this forum and in the tabloids, but this has got to win the award for the most ridiculous discussion.

Now the woman can't drink beer??? It's one thing to critique what she wears orhow she wears her hair but now it's within the public domain to critique what she drinks???

The Spanish people may financially support the royal family through their tax dollars but I don't think they are able to decide what the Princess drinks. Will you next say when she can go to the bathroom?

...JuAnItA... said:
They must not forget they're royals! They shouldn't do that kind of things in public!

Many people drink in public, including royals. Prince Charles has attended several pubs in England as part of his official engagements and he is properly photographed having a pint. Prince Amedeo of Belgium was just photographed in a formal session with a group of friends in London having a pint.

They are royals but they are human beings first. It's not as if Letizia was doing some illegal act like taking drugs or mooning the audience.

...JuAnItA... said:
They're public figures and the example for young people not just in Spain but in the whole world, so they can't do this kind of things!

I don't think young people are as naive. Many have seen their parents or family friends having a beer. Having an occasional drink does not make you a bad example. In more than two years this is the first time we have seen Letizia have a beer. No one would think she has an alcohol problem because she was at a soccer game having one beer. If anyone thinks she has an alcohol problem it is more likely from all the champagne she is seen toasting with at state banquets. How many times have we seen her with a glass of champagne?

...JuAnItA... said:
I didn't said that the protocol says it! I just talk about it because i don't think that is that normal in royals! Can you understand?

Why is having a drink not normal? I bet that there were more people in that stadium drinking beer than not. If Letizia didn't drink beer then she'd be the unnormal one ... So no, I don't understand. :confused:

...JuAnItA... said:
The protocol says that Royals must have a "good" behavior, and i don't think this behavior was that good! As i said (and lots of people said) they're an example!

Where can I find this protocol exactly? I'm very curious to see where it says that royals are not allowed to drink beer. This forum asks for factual statements to back up comments, please show me the Spanish or general royal rules book where it says "Do not drink beer. You will be a terrible example to the world if you drink beer."

Again I ask, why is the behaviour not "good" behaviour? How is she no longer an example because she had one cup of beer at a soccer match? So all the past two and a half years of hard work and daily activities goes out the window because she had one beer?

And P.S.: How do you know it was beer for sure? Did you smell her cup? Did you take a sip of it? Or does your computer screen have smell- or taste-o-vision that my computer screen does not so you know for 100% that it's beer? What if it was iced tea? What if it was gingerale? What if it was a special German drink? :confused:

nayralorenzo said:
I think it is not correct. If they want to drink something they can dring whatever one alcohol. They are not like "thousands of spaniards". They are royals and they have to know where is their place.

I just don't get this line of discussion. :confused: Or why certain people are so insistent that having a drink is so wrong.

How have they defied their place by going to a soccer game watched the world over to support their home team, and are enjoying themselves by having a beer?

Plus consider if it would be better if they just went home each night and drank lots of beers behind closed doors? Would that be better? Because then nobody would know that they dared to defy the royal protocol by having a beer.

What's so bad about beer anyways? It's alcohol the same as champagne and wine, and we have seen many pictures of royals from all countries drink those. So why pick on the Letizia for having one beer? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
How cute! I am watching a retransmission of the game on Univision and they just showed Felipe and Letizia. She's leaning against him and fanning them both and they are all smiles and having a good time. Very cute.

How funny! I'm reading an american blog on the soccer games today and the guy writes "By the way: who knew Spain had such a hot princess?"

I saw them last night ( I live in Indonesia...time difference:p)...They were great and Spanish Team was Superb....Congrats!:)

whether Letizia was drinking beer or fruit juice isn't important as far as I know attending this match isn't an official act.
BTW,don't you think that it would be better if the princes ''esp. Felipe" dressed in more casual form?

sesa said:
It's not as if she guzzled the beer down and asked for another while taking her top off and dancing on a table!

I think this is the single best line in all this silly discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom