Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia's Visit to Portugal: October 15, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Los Príncipes, el presidente de Portugal y Fenández Vara presidirán la entrega del premio 'Puente de Alcántara' :: Extremadura al día :: Periódico diario digital de Extremadura con la actualidad regional y local :: Noticias e información de Badajoz,

The Princes, the president of Portugal and Fenández Vara will preside at the delivery of the prize ' Alcántara's Bridge '

The Princes of Spain will preside next week at the act of delivery of the International Prize Alcántara's Bridge, in an act in which also there will intervene the president of Portugal, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, and the president of the Meeting of Estremadura, Guillermo Fernandez Vara.

Los Príncipes de Asturias viajan a Beja, en el interior del sur de Portugal

The Princes of Asturias travel to Beja, inside the south of Portugal

The Princes of Asturias will receive tomorrow, on Monday, the keys of Beja's Portuguese city, will have lunch with the president of this country, Aníbal Cavaco Silva and will deliver them the International Prize Alcántara's Bridge, in Alqueva's prey.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia will come to this interior locality of the Portuguese south, in the low Alentejo, soon after the midday and, before being got by Cavaco and his wife, Maria, will visit the church of Our Lady of the Pleasures.

They will know the Episcopal Museum, and later they will go to the Town hall, before having lunch with the Chief of the Portuguese State, in one of the most representative enclaves of the city, a former Franciscan convent, turned in posada.

In the evening, and accompanied by Cavaco and his wife, they will bring over up to Alqueva's Prey, where they will deliver the Prize, that grants the Foundation San Benito of Alcántara.

(...)

I beleive that this part of Portugal is absolutly estupendous. As it's a true Indian summer, it will be a dream to this trip, but what a pity too short!

Los Príncipes de Asturias reciben las llaves de la ciudad portuguesa de Beja

The Princes of Asturias receive the keys of Beja's Portuguese city

The Princes of Asturias will know this evening the prey of Alqueva, the biggest of Europe, accompanied by the Portuguese president, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, who in the early afternoon has given them the welcome to their country in Beja, where they have delivered them the keys of the city.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia have been received in the locality of the Low Alentejo, in the south interior of Portugal, for the Chief of State and his wife, Maria, who have accompanied them to visiting one of the jewels of the city, the church of Our Lady of the Pleasures.

Photos

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071015/72172bcdbf08eg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071015/72172bcdc19fcg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071015/72172bcdc6e00g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071015/72172bcdd0663g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071015/72172bce3be66g.jpg

Last edited:

The Princes of Asturias receive the keys of Beja's Portuguese city

The Princes of Asturias will know this evening the prey of Alqueva, the biggest of Europe, accompanied by the Portuguese president, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, who in the early afternoon has given them the welcome to their country in Beja, where they have delivered them the keys of the city.

Don Felipe and Dona Letizia have been received in the locality of the Low Alentejo, in the south interior of Portugal, for the Chief of State and his wife, Maria, who have accompanied them to visiting one of the jewels of the city, the church of Our Lady of the Pleasures.

Photos

http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071015/72172bcdbf08eg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071015/72172bcdc19fcg.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071015/72172bcdc6e00g.jpg
http://actualidad.terra.es/addon/img/feed/actualidad/20071015/72172bcdd0663g.jpg

Thanks Lula!
I love that outfit,i don´t know the jacket but the skirt is Hugo Boss.:wub:

Thanks Lula!for the pics:flowers:!
I like Letizia's outfit! She looks nice!
I can't see her bag...

I like what Letizia is wearing today, she always looks beautiful in red :wub: It's a recycled outfit but I haven't seen many photos before, hope we'll have more photos this time. It seems that Fall/Winter seasons are "thick black stockings" seasons for Letizia, just like last year ;) Oh is that the golden christmasy necklace she's wearing again? As I've said before, I don't like that necklace, not worth the price at all, but I guess it looks so much better now with this red/black outfit than the last couple of times she wore it. I have to see what bag/purse she brought along to complete the sophisticated look she has now.

Last edited:
A short video by RTP:
YouTube - Felipe & Letizia in Portugal - Portuguese TV

Letizia is wearing the same Hugo Boss skirt she used last year at the receptionof the Prince of Asturias Awards. This is the 3rd time that the town hall of Beja gives the Keys of the City to someone: in 1843 they were given to Queen D.ª Maria II, and in 1987 to the President of the Republic Mário Soares.

Don Felipe thanked the honour given to him by the mayor of this little town and assured, in Portuguese, that he will keep the keys as a memory of this special day. He also expressed his wish to come back, to pay the brotherly retribution from the Spaniards. In addition, he has praised the beauty of the 17th century Church of Nossa Senhora dos Prazeres.

Beja/PrÃ*ncipes: Portugueses e espanhóis aplaudem PrÃ*ncipes das Astúrias que agradecem com "obrigado" - Lusa - SAPO Notícias
Hundreds of people applauded today the Prince and Princess of Asturias, as they arrived in Beja, and Felipe de Borbón thanked them with an "Obrigado!".
Today, after the delivery of the award, the Princes of Asturias and the President of the Republic shall inaugurate, at 5:00 PM, a Memorial of Alqueva and pay homage to all the men that have worked in the greatest barrage in Europe.

Last edited:
beja certainly looks like an adorable place! letizia looked great and i adored the fact she recycled the hugo boss skirt, i fell in love with it the first time i saw it.

A short video by RTP (see around minute 4:30 and 6:00):
mms://195.245.176.20/rtpfiles/videos/auto/jornaltarde/jtarde_2_15102007.wmv

Letizia is wearing the black and red Hugo Boss skirt she used last year at the Prince of Asturias reception. They already received the keys of the city and are now having lunch with the presidential couple.
This is the 3rd time that the town hall of Beja gives the Keys of the City to someone: in 1843 they were given to Queen D.ª Maria II, and in 1987 to the President of the Republic Mário Soares.
Wow! That's quite an honour for them.

Beautiful building

Wow, so many people there cheering for them and waving and clapping their hands. ITs great! I love Letizia's outfit, this is one of my favourite skirts. It's just lovely

It looks like she is copying Mary's style in Hugo Boss!
http://mirjamvanginkel.nl/mary/mary648.jpg
I prefer a dress rather tha the skirt with that red coat.
Beja is a very lovely country has all our Alentejo is! Is quite warm now here in Portugal so those black socks were not the best choice to me!!

Last edited:

Many thanks for the pics lula
I recall Letizia has worn this outfit twice already, once at the PoAA and once again shortly afterwards. Being always on top of her looks at the PoAA I already loved it back then and I also find it perfect for today's occasion. Everything matches well, handbag, stockings etc. Must be a great day for them, they have a close connection to Portugal and what a reception :)

ÚLTIMA HORA - PÚBLICO.PT

The Prince of Asturias, Felipe de Borbón, stressed today the secular cultural interchanges between Portugal and Spain, during a visit to Beja, where he received the Keys of the Town. The municipal distinction was given to the Princes, after a visit to the Church of Our Lady of the Pleasures, considered one of the most beautiful baroque temples in the South of Portugal.

During the cerimony in the Town Hall, the mayor offered the Keys of the Town to Felipe and Letizia de Borbón, who are the first foreign personalities to receive that municipal reward. After a private lunch in the Convent of São Francisco, the President of the Republic, Cavaco Silva, Felipe de Borbón and Letizia Ortiz are heading to the Alqueva, where they shall preside over to the award-giving cerimony of the international Prize "Puente de Alcántara", which was given this year to this hydroelectric-enterprise. The Prize rewards the best Spanish, Portuguese or Latin American public enterprise and this year Alqueva was chosen by the jury presided by Infante D. Carlos de Borbón, for being "harmonically integrated in the landscape".

After the delivery of the Prize, the President of the Republic and the Princes of the Asturias will inaugurate, at 5:00PM, a Memorial of Alqueva and pay homage to all the workers involved in the construction of the greatest European barage.

Portuguese people are very attached to what is called in Spanish "Revistas del Corazon", Gossip Magazines (Hola! Caras, VIP, Nova Gente, Flash! Lecturas...) almoust everyone buys them so it is quite normal for Portuguese people to receive Royals like this! They like them and they follow their lifes has their own lifes!They are quite celebrities here!

Portuguese people are very attached to what is called in Spanish "Revistas del Corazon", Gossip Magazines (Hola! Caras, VIP, Nova Gente, Flash! Lecturas...) almoust everyone buys them so it is quite normal for Portuguese people to receive Royals like this! They like them and they follow their lifes has their own lifes!They are quite celebrities here!
Not every royals, may I add, if you don't mind. If it was the Danish or Sweedish Princes, nobody would pay much attention.

They are received like this, because the Spanish royal family has such a close relationship with Portugal: King Juan Carlos passed his youth here and he is fluent in Portuguese... plus they are our neighbours, with very deep historical bounds uniting both countries, so they're seen like the royal family we don't have anymore.

Not every royals, may I add, if you don't mind. If it was the Danish or Sweedish Princes, nobody would pay much attention.

They are received like this, because the Spanish royal family has such a close relationship with Portugal: King Juan Carlos passed his youth here and he is fluent in Portuguese... plus they are our neighbours, with very deep historical bounds uniting both countries, so they're seen like the royal family we don't have anymore.
If it was only the Queen and the King I think they didn't have this reception, because is Letizia and Filipe, the young Royal couple so mucht see lately in our Gossip Magazine, the reception was like this!

It looks like she is copying Mary's style in Hugo Boss!
http://mirjamvanginkel.nl/mary/mary648.jpg
I prefer a dress rather tha the skirt with that red coat.
Beja is a very lovely country has all our Alentejo is! Is quite warm now here in Portugal so those black socks were not the best choice to me!!

You are wrong Bioquinhas:rolleyes:, Princess Letizia first used this skirt before Mary (I checked this). Perhaps Mary copied to Letizia,In any case I doubt that they copied each other because they have own styles.

Last edited:
Well I supose one day in not enough to say that both Letizia or Mary are copying themselves! Prince of Asturias Awards was at 26 October and 50th anniversary of liberation of Hungary was 27 October 2007!!!!!!!! Maybe Hugo Buss made a very good publicity amoung royals that time!

I must say, the prince & princess have alot to do in one day. This is a nice short visit, might be busy agends but its nice to see them on the balcony, pictures show beautiful architectural work.

Beautiful pictures ladies, thanks...

I also think that the below information of the Couple visiting the workers is also a very nice thing of them to do:cool:

ÚLTIMA HORA - PÚBLICO.PT

After the delivery of the Prize, the President of the Republic and the Princes of the Asturias will inaugurate, at 5:00PM, a Memorial of Alqueva and pay homage to all the workers involved in the construction of the greatest European barage.

Thanks for the pics lula, i like letizia's outfit, what a warm reception, it seems everyone wants to have a glimpse of the princes.

Well I supose one day in not enough to say that both Letizia or Mary are copying themselves! Prince of Asturias Awards was at 26 October and 50th anniversary of liberation of Hungary was 27 October 2007!!!!!!!! Maybe Hugo Buss made a very good publicity amoung royals that time!

Last year's PoA Awards was Oct 20th (you got the wrong date again). By the way, you were starting the copying talk here. When Mary wore her dress, nobody had said she was copying Letizia.

Last year's PoA Awards was Oct 20th (you got the wrong date again). By the way, you were starting the copying talk here. When Mary wore her dress, nobody had said she was copying Letizia.

Totally agree Donnak,I do not know exactly what is really the purpose of this "wrong" :)rolleyes::lol:)comparison.

Gorgeous outfit !
The're a handsome couple .. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom