Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia's Visit to Portugal: October 15, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Lots of photos from today:
Gallery from Polfoto
Letizia looks lovely, I have always liked this outfit. Nice to see the princes at a visit in Portugal.

You are wrong Bioquinhas:rolleyes:, Princess Letizia first used this skirt before Mary (I checked this). Perhaps Mary copied to Letizia,In any case I doubt that they copied each other because they have own styles.

26-October
vineta_naranja.gif
The 2007 Prince of Asturias Awards grand presentation ceremony.
Oviedo´s Campoamor Theatre. 6.30 p.m.

Last edited:
Last year's PoA Awards was Oct 20th (you got the wrong date again). By the way, you were starting the copying talk here. When Mary wore her dress, nobody had said she was copying Letizia.

Of course I know either Letizia or Mary are copying themselves, they have their own style and we know about that!But they use the same pattern skirt or dress from Hugo Boss almoust the same time and as far has I know Mary uses a lot of Hugo Boss clothes but not letizia! And you are right I was wrong again 26 of october is this year not the last year awards ceremony!My mistake!

Last edited:
Of course I know either Letizia or Mary are copying themselves, they have their own style and we know about that!

Of course you know??...You literally have said that Letizia has copied Mary.
Well....I suppose that it was just an erran writing:rolleyes:...........

The princes of Asturias were marvelous today:flowers:

Last edited:
See another video from RTP, around minute 14:00:
mms://195.245.176.20/rtpfiles/videos/auto/telejornal/telej_1_15102007.wmv

Video from SIC:
Prémio espanhol para Alqueva - Sapo Vídeos

Elsa M, thanks for this link. Ist it difficult for a spanish man to understand the portuguese - and the opposite- ? Because when, for instance french people is hearring the two languages, they seem very far away?:flowers:

Elsa M, thanks for this link. Ist it difficult for a spanish man to understand the portuguese - and the opposite- ? Because when, for instance french people is hearring the two languages, they seem very far away?:flowers:
Well, I don't know about the difficulty Spaniards may have with understanding Portuguese, but for us it's pretty easy... I believe it also contributes the fact that the Portuguese phonologic system is broader than the Spanish (that's why we are able to speak other languages with less accent than most Spaniards)... but that's just my personal perception) ;)

Of course I know either Letizia or Mary are copying themselves, they have their own style and we know about that!But they use the same pattern skirt or dress from Hugo Boss almoust the same time and as far has I know Mary uses a lot of Hugo Boss clothes but not letizia! And you are right I was wrong again 26 of october is this year not the last year awards ceremony!My mistake!

and what if she only has one hugo boss piece of clothing? :rolleyes: she may like just THAT one and now just go to hugo boss because of the fact it is hugo boss, which i find admiring. lots of important personalities get carried away but brands, and i love the fact letizia isn't and sticks to what she likes rather than to that which is from a brand. besides, she seems quite keen to stick to spanish designers and to her very personal miguel palacio and felipe varela.

i'm sure neither letizia or mary copied one or the other. if they had known someone else used that skirt, they wouldn't have wore it: they must be sick and tired of comparison.

I see al in TV.. i love, finally i can see a full report about them:

i'm sure neither letizia or mary copied one or the other. if they had known someone else used that skirt, they wouldn't have wore it: they must be sick and tired of comparison.

Totally right, what a strang way of thaught to think when two young beautifull woman have a quiet level of "celebrity" - quoted by me- they have to be rival and to succeed have to copy the one upon the other. Something is telling me that it's not the Letizia's trubble, and even if I don't know Mary very well, I think it's the same thing for her, isen't it? :flowers:

Enough with the copying subject. Any further posts about it will be deleted.

Anna_R
Spanish Forums Moderator

Right, go back to the topic.

Except the Polfoto pics which are good quality, the other numerus, yes and original too, aren't very clear. It's too bad because it seems that this day wsa absolutly exceptional. The princes of Asturias have been feted exactly as if they were true heroes.

The people's jubilation looks tactible and some women are succeed to touch part of tthe face or the body of the Princess! is quiet incredible.

Today, both were absolutly happy of the nature of their trip. I don't very well the si=ymbolic of the fact to give the keys of the town to an important personnage. I think it's a Middle Age recollection, but it's look today as a great sign of confidence and honor.

Ok. Regardless, it looks very old fashioned on both Mary and Letizia.

Right, go back to the topic.

Except the Polfoto pics which are good quality, the other numerus, yes and original too, aren't very clear. It's too bad because it seems that this day wsa absolutly exceptional. The princes of Asturias have been feted exactly as if they were true heroes.

I simply can't believe how terrible the photographers from EFE are. It looked like they had dirty lens all the time. I can take better pictures with my dummy camera.

Wow! Felipe and Letizia sure had a huge crowd receive them!!!! :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers: That must have been wonderful for them to see their neighbors to the west taking them in so kindly and warmly:wub::wub::wub:

Here's a more "pinkish" article:

DN Online: Capital comunista rendida ao 'charme' da realeza espanhola

When Cavaco and the Princes of Asturias arrived in Beja, for one day, the city dived in a fairy-tale story and the multitude of feminine faces could experience a live show that is usually only accessible through the yellow press. The town of Beja, which was founded some centuries before the Christian age, is necessarily accustomed to these visits. With the security of those who have seen the Romans and Arabs pass and lived the wars of the Christian reconquest, the population enjoyed the Spanish Princes with a mixture of proximity and admiration.

Wearing a flowered skirt and a red coat, D.ª Letizia had all the eyes on her, when the retenue walked a few meters between the church and the Town Hall. And when the Princes and the Cavacos arrived at the Hall, for the traditional greeting on the balcony, it was the highest moment for the many people that waited a whole morning.

Last edited:
Wow! Felipe and Letizia sure had a huge crowd receive them!!!! :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers: That must have been wonderful for them to see their neighbors to the west taking them in so kindly and warmly:wub::wub::wub:

I believe so, Drottning! Letizia has many fans in Portugal, (almost) everyone follow her steps and when Leonor and Sofia were born, portuguese magazine were full of articles about it. :)
I saw the Princes on tv. I thought Letizia was too skinny, taller than I thought and her eyes are very sweet!

Last edited:
thanks for these pics!!

letizia looks fabulous and so happy with this trip in portugal!!! they received such a good welcome!!!!!

great photos thanks, it looks like a lovely warm welcome, it looks like they are enjoying visiting their neighbors and vice versa. i really like her outfit, but i'll never understand the use of fabric- putting a big flower on the "sit down" area is never flattering from behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom