Felipe & Letizia at the 2006 FIFA World Cup

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the discussion...is it very bad that some people think it is not good that they drink beer in public?
I respect the people who think that they can make this...so please, respect my opinion. I didn't like it, for me was embarrasing like spanish, so please, respect me!
And the thing of Sofia for me is diferent. She was visiting a milk enterprise. If Letizia and Felipe are visiting a beer enterprise they can test it of course, but not in a game like simple people. They are not simple people if they like or not, if they represent us and we pay them to make this, they have to respect some rules.
And please, if you think in other way, I respect, so respect my opinion.

I surprise the moral doble, or the double values...

It is worse to drink beer of a glass in a day of scorching heat in a football match .... that to drink directly milk of a bottle, without glass and without anything...It is worse to do in sports informal act where the cameras are to dozens of meters ... that in an official act where the cameras are to 3 meters and surrounded with politicians and businessmen (up to the bishop was) ...Or only it is worse because she is Letizia:confused:

Evidently the Princes did not buy it, but the representatives of the FIFA offered it to them in the box VIP during the rest ... according to the theories that is the well-read one, it had been a mistake of education not to accept the invitation

Last edited:
First I would like to say that the everypeple respects the opinions of the others. But we have all right to discussing this opinion, for taht reason this forum exists.

Secondly I wanted to say that I do not believe that The Princes do anything that they know that they cannot do.
The Protocol does not mark that they could not drink a beer publicly, obviously, they cannot get drunk, behave in a grotesque way, but they know that they can take a beer publicly, in the same way as they take wine or champagne in a dinner official.

Only it is my Opinion

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Who drinks wine for a soccergame:p and not lady like to have a glass of bear? there cant be many Ladies in the UK and Germany then:D

You made me laugh Larzen! :D I would add myself to the list of non-ladies then as I have enjoyed a beer now and then when watching a game. (And the shocker of all un-lady-like acts, I've been to a bar and drank a pint or two!) It would've been funny to see Letizia with a champagne flute at the soccer game!

Paty said:
Secondly I wanted to say that I do not believe that The Princes do anything that they know that they cannot do.
The Protocol does not mark that they could not drink a beer publicly, obviously, they cannot get drunk, behave in a grotesque way, but they know that they can take a beer publicly, in the same way as they take wine or champagne in a dinner official.

Very eloquently said Paty, and I agree. I think that anybody who follows Felipe and Letizia knows that they are a very serious and dedicated couple. They show up at their acts very prepared for the individuals whom they are about to meet and take care with everything they do to include Spain and their roles as the Prince and Princess of Asturias, such as Letizia having Asturias-region symbols in her wedding dress. I highly doubt that a couple who is this conscientious would knowingly violate a protocol of drinking beer at a sports game -- a protocol that has never actually proven to exist.

With due respect to everyone's opinion, I think we've made a huge discussion of nothing.
So what if they drunk a bear? I would to, if I had to sit under that heat and fancy my team. They mught just ask for some drink and were given a bear (it's Germany, after all). And even if they did ask for the bear themselves, so? I would understand the point of the discussion, if the got drunk or did something inappropirate, but to critisize for just drinking a bear?:confused:
When I was watching the match, I saw them drinking the bear, but honestly, I only though how great it is that Spain's future Kings are there to cheer their team up, how wonderful was it to see them so happy together, how great they were there and were supporting Spain like any other Spanish fan.
I didn't even expect anyone would critisize them for drinking a bear in that heat.:( :confused:

Great for the Princes of Asturia to support their soccer team. It must have meant a lot to the the team to know they were there watching. Congratulations on the win.

she is really thin! She needs to have more weigth quikly! She looks sick

nayralorenzo said:
And the thing of Sofia for me is diferent. She was visiting a milk enterprise. If Letizia and Felipe are visiting a beer enterprise they can test it of course, but not in a game like simple people.

I agree that you can't compare the Queen Sofia drinking the milk episode, in the course of her duties, to this situation.

carlota said:
i will as well stand by those saying royals shouldn't drink beer in public. some reasons to support it were "oh well, she is drinking beer but... everyone does it". there's a difference though, if we are talking about a prince or a princess or any other royal. protocol should always be there, even in this kind of relaxed events, for any royal. moreover, the more you do it, the more normal it is... i bet that even when the royal family is eating together, they respect if not all, most of the rules they respect when eating in a formal dinner with guests. it's something that becomes internalized.

however, i must say it's not probable she is drinking beer. firstly, because that may have been one of the most important lessons she received when she got engaged (did we ever see queen sofia having a beer in public? no, since she knows that would definitely be critisized), when covering manners in the table and all that: do not drink alcohol or smoke in public. and secondly, not to be sexist, but ladies in spain don't usually drink beer. unlike in other countries i think in spain beer is quite restricted to men and more like a man's drink. although considering they were in germany...:D

coming back to topic, i think it was a nice detail that they supported the selection in their first game. letizia looked lovely and very happy...

:) Completely agree with you, Carlota!:)

We can let speak on the weight of Letizia? it already is very always tired with the same. it is so difficult to understand that she is skinny? is her constitution and already is. She is perfectly but could not support all the work.:)

I never remember a time Letizia wasn't thin.

I think she looks great. She doesn't look any thinner than she always has. I am so jealous she looks that great after a baby.

I wish I had her metabolism, I just look at a beer and I gain 5 pounds.

royaltywatcher said:
I agree that you can't compare the Queen Sofia drinking the milk episode, in the course of her duties, to this situation.

The problem is not that she was drinking milk, is that she drank it directly of a bottle .. if you apply the explanation of which it was an official act and had to do it (that had asked for a glass, she drank because it was hot and was thirsty, the King was in the same act and he did not do it ) it also you can apply it to the Princes, because it is supposed that they were a guests, and that their hosts who were the FIFA and the organizer of the World one of Germany, Beckenbauer offered them something to drink. The Princes were not how a few spectators more to seeing the game, but guests for the FIFA and the Spanish Federation of football, in the box of honor ... therefore according to this theory if they are invtated to the typical drink of the country the polite thing is to accept it. :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.casareal.es/esp/cronicas/Acto.jsp?acto=3369

Their Highnesses the Princes of Asturias were present at the game

At their arrival to the Airport of Leipzig, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia they were got by the ambassador of Spain in Germany, Gabriel Busquets, and the Minister President of l Land of Saxony, Georg Milbradt.

The Princes moved later to the Central Stadium, where they were got by the Minister of the Presidency, Thomas de Maziere; the Mayor of Leipzig, Burkhard Jung; the Delegate of the Executive Committee of the FIFA, Ahongalu Fusimalohi; the president of the Organizing German Committee, Franz Beckenbauer; the president of the Top Council of Sports, Jaime Lissavetzky; and the president of the Royal Spanish Federation of Football and vice-president of the FIFA, Ángel Maria Villar.

After the interpretation of the National Anthems of Spain and Ukraine, beginning gave the meeting, which itconcluded with the result of favorable 4-0 to Spain, in the first game of the first phase of the Cup of the World of Football of Germany 2006.

To the ending, Their Royal Highnesses were dismissed by the same authorities that they received at their arrival.

Last edited:
It's too bad that this thread is artificially focus on a very insignificant detail while the football game is so important for spain people. It would be more interesting to know if the fact that the Princes have participated so intensiously at the match was lived by the spagniards as a great the Princes's symbol of solidarity for the spanish team.

This discussion, may be a little be hard that a glass of beer, could be more interesting even if nobody is able to reach at good conclusions, but it's a true debate, isen't it ?

So many things i found out about the Princes, last thing i knew was when they presented little Leonor to the Virgin of Atocha!
My computer didn't work plus i was sick my grandma died ='( my last couple of weeks had been the worst so far!

I think there's nothing wrong about the Princes drinking beer is not like they were drunk (haha i pictured it) and about them taking their coats off i guess it was really hottt plus Felipe looked so handsome! hehe ;)

Hannover, GERMANY: Spain's Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia are pictured prior to the World Cup 2006 round of 16 football game Spain vs. France, 27 June 2006 at Hanover stadium

from getty

Attachments

• 71307929.jpg
    71307929.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 228
  • 71307978.jpg
    71307978.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 71307989.jpg
    71307989.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 71309232.jpg
    71309232.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 71309244.jpg
    71309244.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 71309338.jpg
    71309338.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 192
  • 71309437.jpg
    71309437.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 71309449.jpg
    71309449.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 150
  • 71309335.jpg
    71309335.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Princess Letizia is wearing a very interesting necklace, it looks very good on her.

Princess letizia look really stylish, im watching Spain and france and i saw the princes on tv for the first time ever:D

GOAL!!
a por ellos!! =)

GO SPAIN!

Images from anp and yahoo/reuters ap

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 227
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 233
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
IMO, letizia's style begins to boring me.same dresses in a short time.

France 1 - Spain 1
damn

rchainho said:
IMO, letizia's style begins to boring me.same dresses in a short time.

She has an engagement almost every weekday, off course she is going to recycle her clothes a lot. She dressed properly for a soccer game.

I like very much the style of Letizia, she always is faithful to her simple and elegant style and I admire it of her.Other princess has a less natural style.

Spain1-France1

VAMOS ESPAÑA VAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMOSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Mari_* said:
France 1 - Spain 1
damn

It's going to be a difficult game for Spain. France usually found a way to beat Spain, hopefully Spain has some luck this time :).
Go Spain !

It begins to you to bore? then you would have to watch the budget and the numerous acts that she has in single one week. And later you say to me if it bores to you or not her style. In addition it is her style; and she is not going it to change because anybody it does not like.:rolleyes:

Sometimes is preferable to repeat and to go correct and simultaneously elegant; that to wear several clothes that feel to you bad.:eek:

We are not speaking of models to take to a suit every day.:p

donnaK said:
She has an engagement almost every weekday, off course she is going to recycle her clothes a lot. She dressed properly for a soccer game.

I totally agree with you donnak.Letizia works MUCH… is normal that she must repeat her suits and we will see her many but times with repeated clothes.
It is normal that other princess does not repeat their clothes as much they do not work as much as letizia works and they are dedicated to see parades fashionable :rolleyes: .

I am proud to have a princess so worker ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom