The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2006, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Is there a protocol that says you cannot drink beer? Just curious.
I didn't said that the protocol says it! I just talk about it because i don't think that is that normal in royals! Can you understand?
The protocol says that Royals must have a "good" behavior, and i don't think this behavior was that good! As i said (and lots of people said) they're an example!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

One forgot the kings are perfect, they never make nothing bad, the princes are the bad ones.

It seems to me absurd that they criticize this. There is some rule of the protocol for this?

Old 06-14-2006, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

I think it is not correct. If they want to drink something they can dring whatever one alcohol. They are not like "thousands of spaniards". They are royals and they have to know where is their place.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIS
One forgot the kings are perfect, they never make nothing bad, the princes are the bad ones.
Don't be ironic!
We know they're humans like us! The Kings just have more experience! We cannot compare someone who have been always a Royal, with someone who became Royal in 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRIS
It seems to me absurd that they criticize this. There is some rule of the protocol for this?
Let's see the reality!
They, and i mean ALL the Royals, are critized for everything what they do!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
It's totaly different!
You can see the Kings driking champagne but they have to!
And i know it's normal! But they are not "normal people" like you and me! They are critized for little things and what can be normal for us, could not be normal for royals!
If a person is thirsty drinks, this way of simply.

It was 4 o'clock of the evening and it was hot, they were thirsty and they gave to them a beer. Totally normal. I believe that here some persons that meaningfully and only with intention of criticizing they confuse the things.
A thing they are the fans who get drunk to go to the football matches, and then create controversies and fights.
Another thing, it is the people who drinks a beer in summer because it has be. In Spain it is the most normal of the world, and does not have because to there be no problem.
If they were drinking water would nothing happen? And if it were beer without alcohol? And if it were a tea refreshment?

Probably the difference is cultural. There are people who only drinks alcohol to get drunk. There are people who drinks a beer or a glass of wine, slightly normal, and enclosed how recover and recommended by doctors.

Let's leave the demagoguery.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

As far I have seen it in TV it wasn't beer, it looked like soda water with juice. And it was in quite small plastic glasses, beer is served in bigger ones.
Anyway, pics from this match will appear in casareal web site, so I don't think tey would drink beer in front of photogrphers.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Aristocracy

They are the princes, and they know than we more what is correct or no; many people saw the party and nobody has said that badly the princes drinking
Old 06-14-2006, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...JuAnItA...
It's totaly different!
You can see the Kings driking champagne but they have to!
And i know it's normal! But they are not "normal people" like you and me! They are critized for little things and what can be normal for us, could not be normal for royals!
So, they ceased to be human now? They're different... How different? People just need to get some more reliable arguments to criticise them.

There's something called free will, and that's what makes people deciding to drink or not to drink (and how much drinking), and Letizia's image drinking a beer (well, supposing that it was actually beer, I wasn't there, I didn't taste it) won't do any harm.

If they were smoking or doing drugs it would be a whole another subject. But just because she's drinking a glass of beer that makes her an alchoholic that is raising a flag saying that drinking is good and people should do more of it?

It would be interesting to see if you would react so highly against it if it was Queen Sofia drinking and not Letizia.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Courtier

It was beer!..what else the people are drinking now in the World Cup??..if u see sometimes the cameras caption people in the steps, and they are drinking beer...the national german drink
Old 06-14-2006, 11:55 AM

Hallo, I am from Germany, and I think it is apple juice- in my land we trink a lot of apple juice, and it looks much like beer- excuice me for my bad english- for this reazon this is my first post- greetings
Old 06-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the pictures this "beer" looks more orange, but in TV it was more red, it really looked like tea or juice. We shouldn't judge on bad quality captures.
Besides, it was Felipe who drink most, Letizia only took a sip from what I have seen.

Anyway, SPANISH TEAM HAS WON!!! Do we really have to discuss the problem "Royals and alkohol" instead of just having fun and celebrating victory?

Old 06-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adry
It was beer!..what else the people are drinking now in the World Cup??..if u see sometimes the cameras caption people in the steps, and they are drinking beer...the national german drink
It is the normal thing. It is as whom he travels to Spain and does not drink a good wine of Rioja. Or the one who travels to Asturias, land of the Princess, and it does not drink "sidra" (drink that certainly, the Kings took in their visit to a touristic fair of Madrid). It forms a part of the culture.

Like in Spain popular culture forms a part that the people take a glass of beer, especially in summer, because it is hot, and not only of water the man lives.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Nobility

What a great game! Not because Spain is one of my favorite countries but I really think they have a good chance to reach a great position in the World Cup. They have better qualitities than the German team... so far I've watched the match today. Anyway, just my opinion
I was wondering as well wheter they drank beer or apple juice. Well, it may not be correct but they enjoyed the game, it was hot... and in fact they are just 2 normal persons.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue-
What a great game! Not because Spain is one of my favorite countries but I really think they have a good chance to reach a great position in the World Cup. They have better qualitities than the German team... so far I've watched the match today. Anyway, just my opinion
I was wondering as well wheter they drank beer or apple juice. Well, it may not be correct but they enjoyed the game, it was hot... and in fact they are just 2 normal persons.
It has been marvellous!!!!!!

I believe that nobody was trusting in such a good result, let's hope that the things are still like that.

The Princes enjoyed much the game. The commentators of the television always remain surprised with the form in which especially the Princess lives through the games.:p

FROM AP VIA YAHOO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	r3.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	249272   Click image for larger version

Name:	r4.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	249273  
Old 06-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Courtier

Oh! For goodness gracious sakes! Who cares what they drank! Whether is "was" beer or fruit juice, it really does not make a difference.
It's not as if she guzzled the beer down and asked for another while taking her top off and dancing on a table! Gee whiz! Lighten up! Give them a break!
They were at a sports function, not a political convention or the opening of a children's hospital!!!! Beer and sports go hand in hand. And when in a different country, and offered something to drink, I'm sure they would be polite to accept whatever was handed to them, especially if it was hot outside! As for them setting an example, I think, if it was beer, that they did set a good example by drinking it and not going overboard with it, which a lot of people do, unintentionally, because of the enviroment that they are in. People get caught up in the game and drink beer after beer and then realize that they have had too much to drink.
Too much of an issue being made over something so small! Sheesh!
Old 06-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Commoner

I agree, leave them alone the are under enough scrutiny as it it is without adding what they can and cannot drink.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

http://www.elconfidencial.com/notici...4/06/2006&pass=

The Princes of Asturias supported Spain in Leipzig

The Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and Dona Letizia, rested to the Spanish selection on their début on the World one of Germany 2006, on the first game)of the group H of the principal intercontinental tilt, which faced Ukraine in the Zentralstadion of Leipzig.

The Princes attended the meeting in the theater box of the stadium of Leipzig in company of the German Franz Beckenbauer, president of the Organizing Committee of the World one and ex-champion of the world as player (1974) and as seleccionador (1990).

Near between others, also they were finding them the secretary of State for the Sport, Jaime Lissavetzky, and the president of the Royal Spanish Federation of Football (RFEF), Angel Maria Villar. The princes vibrated with the game of the selection and 'suffered' with the best occasion that had Ukraine, of Andrey Voronin's strong shot that went out rubbing the set square. Don Felipe waved the hand after this action, as a sign of relief.

The Princes of Asturias were not foreign to the heat that it did today in Leipzig and shared a beer with which they refreshed themselves during the second half. Dona Letizia - who enjoyed the sharm of the Spanish interest, for which enclosed she asked that the princess "was bouncing" when Spain was winning for 3-0-had always a fan in her hands, to reduce the effect of the high temperatures.

After receiving the congratulations of many of the presents in the box of Leipzig, the Princes were dismissed by the 'mythical' Beckenbauer.

From reuters via yahoo
Old 06-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Change the subject! She is a human and adult and she can drink what she want.
More important that they have a good fun - thanks to Spanish team.

E Viva Espańa:)
Old 06-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Nobility

Just it is a beer! to drink beer in Spain while you see a soccer match or with friends is something completely normal that it comprises of our culture… although you are princess of Spain.It seems perfect to me if Letizia wants to to drink a beer in publish, this is completely healthy and natural. You do not exaggerate please! What an absurd debate!!
Old 06-14-2006, 12:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa
Oh! For goodness gracious sakes! Who cares what they drank! Whether is "was" beer or fruit juice, it really does not make a difference.
It's not as if she guzzled the beer down and asked for another while taking her top off and dancing on a table! Gee whiz! Lighten up! Give them a break!
They were at a sports function, not a political convention or the opening of a children's hospital!!!! Beer and sports go hand in hand. And when in a different country, and offered something to drink, I'm sure they would be polite to accept whatever was handed to them, especially if it was hot outside! As for them setting an example, I think, if it was beer, that they did set a good example by drinking it and not going overboard with it, which a lot of people do, unintentionally, because of the enviroment that they are in. People get caught up in the game and drink beer after beer and then realize that they have had too much to drink.
Too much of an issue being made over something so small! Sheesh!
alleluja!! Amen!! One think i know for shure, If it was Maxima drinking beer, here in Holland Nobody will care.We will aplaude her for being NORMAL! So Give Letizia a break!