False Alarm: Princess Letizia Admitted & Released from Rúber Hospital: Oct. 17, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

isabella_

Nobility
Country
Spain
Last edited by a moderator:
ohh la la ...!!! hope she's doing well :)

Good wishes and thoughts go out to Letizia and hopefully all is well with both her and the baby.

The baby would be a bit early wouldn't it? Hopefully everything is okay. If she has a girl, I can just imagine the matchmaking the press will do between her and Felipe's baby & Fred and Mary's baby. Good Luck Letizia!

Has it been said if the baby is due in late November or early November?

They said mid November, but it could be a premature baby if today is the time.

if the baby does come, it shouldnt be a problem. at this late date, the baby's lungs should be mature enought to breath(with some help).imo, im sure everything is fine esp with the medical treatments available today.

Could it be that she's having premonitory contractions like Mary had in September?

I sincerely hope all is well with Her Royal Highness and the unborn bub. She is in the best place so we can take some solace in knowing this.

Indeed Gattica,

I thought the same thing ;)

"MII"

According to a post on GREMB, Letizia is due on November 5, which would make her about 37 weeks. Considering how big her bump is, there may just be no more room!

Hopefully the princess and the prince or princess to be are OK.

After 35 weeks gestation, neonatologists and paediatricians don't get too excited at this stage. If there is any doubt about lung development, Letizia will be given steroids intravenously pre- delivery and a medication called surfactant will be delivered (painlessly) directly down the baby's trachea after delivery . 21 st century neonatal medicine is a marvel.

All will be well, my friends.

Caroline Mathilda

She may be experiencing the same kinds of contractions as Mary was a few weeks ago. If the baby is due November 5, then Letizia could deliver safely at this time. The fifth of November isn't that far away. Without a calendar I would give a rough estimate of around three weeks...? We all know that the families usually add on a few days anyway to keep the public guessing, so Letizia's due date could possibly be earlier than we have been told.

Here is a picture from El Mundo.es of them leaving the hospital

Attachments

• 1129590652_g_0.jpg
    1129590652_g_0.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 557
Glad to see everything is ok. (Or looks to be)

Last edited:
Do you think she's still gonna go to Oviedo this Friday?

planetcher said:
Do you think she's still gonna go to Oviedo this Friday?

what's happening in Oviedo this friday if i may ask :)?!

Thank goodness everything is fine.

Amira said:
The 25th anniversary of the Prince of Asturias awards. :)

Amira said:

the prince of asturia's award on this friday....she's supposed to accompany her husband to deliver the award:D

Ohh thanks for the information Planetcher and bigheadshrimp ...that was quick :D

I am glad to know everything is fine. I saw the picture of the couple leaving the hospital and Letizia seemed in excellent health. And as someone already pointed out, she most probably had premonitory pains like Mary did earlier, sorta of a signal that her due date is nearby. If I remember correctly, Mary had hers in mid September, and she had the baby mid October. If we go by that, Letizia should have the baby in and around 18-20 November give or take a few days.

Personally, I feel she should take complete bed rest at this point of time and not accompany her husband this friday.

Last edited:
I agree she should be on bed rest. In the lastest photos of her, from the journalist awards or banquet??? She didn't look very happy to be there. You couldn't help but notice how miserable she looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom