False Alarm: Princess Letizia Admitted & Released from Rúber Hospital: Oct. 17, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The princess of Asturias leaves the clinic after entering with contractions

Princess de Asturias left tonight the Ruber clinic the International of Madrid in where she was put under, during three hours, to a medical checkup after feeling contractions.

Accompanied by Don Felipe, Doña Letizia, who is in the last month of her pregnancy , left the 03.20 hours the clinic walking and acceded to an automobile that was lead by the own Prince, who went smiling to the journalists located before the clinic to say: "everything is perfect ".

The Princess, who was smiling like her husband, occupied the seat of the companion in the car next to her husband and both went to their residence in Zarzuela.

She was put under a monitorización.

"we already said that it could have unforeseen expenses", said Don Felipe to the journalists, with humor, before leaving the enclosure of the clinic.

Both went to the sanitary center at 00.30 hours of tonight and, by advice of the gynecologist who takes care of her pregnancy, Luis Recasens, Doña Letizia were put under a monitorización to observe the contractions that presented/displayed.

Those contractions, according to informed a spokesman into Zarzuela, have disappeared and, consequently, the doctor determined that the Princess, that she is "perfectly", could return Home.

The same spokesman, asked if Doña Letizia attends the next Friday the delivery of the Prizes Prince of Asturias, indicated that that displacement will depend on the evolution of the pregnancy.

Prince de Asturias affirmed, the past Tuesday in the Real Palace, during the reception offered in the occasion of the National Celebration, that the childbirth, which he wants to attend, is predicted for half-full of November.
http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/asturias_princesa_abandona_clinica_ingresar_547584.htm

Image Capture from Telecinco

180838438sn.png

I am glad everything is fine. If you looked at photos at the National Day with the whole family and photos of their last engagement (or the christening) you can see that the baby has dropped. One of the other members (Katrianna) who worked as a nurse in the maternity field also agreed.

Perhaps someone can attach photos to compare.

I am not a mother so I wouldn't really know. Perhaps those with experience can comment.

Hummmm, I am glad everything turn out OK.
They surely looked relieved in their way out of the clinic.
My guess is that she will be in Oviedo. :) She will rest until then, she will avoy those mass demonstrations of afection but she will be there.
When is the Queen returning from El Salvador? Maybe Queen Sofia could be with Letizia at the awards.
Thanks you for all-night work.
Regards,
mtbcm

From ELMUNDO.es
The Prince accompanied his wife every moment during the night. After thanking for the presence to the journalists, he presented/displayed his excuses to them by "the (late) hour". (so sweet from him)

Attachments

• zp2.jpg
    zp2.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:
glad everything is fine. from a moment i had the sensation we would have the news of another royal heir!

she seems quite happy in those photos, so i guess it was just a minor problem as it happened to mary a month ago.

Just another photo, leaving the hospital. From Hola:

I'm glad it was a false alarm! Although, I believe that the baby would be fine if it was born now since the modern medicine is able to rescue even babies that weight about 500 grams!

I myself was a premature baby, born on the 29th pregnancy week and weighing only 1,170 kg. :eek: Yet, I survived and with considerably little damage even though back in 1978 the medicine wasn't as developed as it is today. So, issues relating premature babies are very close to my heart! :eek:

From newscom:

Attachments

• sipaphotos311979.jpg
    sipaphotos311979.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 241
  • sipaphotos311981.jpg
    sipaphotos311981.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 253
  • sipaphotos311982.jpg
    sipaphotos311982.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 309
  • sipaphotos311988.jpg
    sipaphotos311988.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 333
  • sipaphotos312012.jpg
    sipaphotos312012.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 234
Glad to see that everything is okay and under control.:)

Now, like it happened with Mary, it's time to start counting the days until the little infante or infanta makes its debut.;)

Mary's bundle of joy made into the world three or four weeks after her false alarm...

wil this thread be closed soon?
It is a bit misleading now that everything is all right

Anna_R said:
Glad to see that everything is okay and under control.:)

Now, like it happened with Mary, it's time to start counting the days until the little infante or infanta makes its debut.;)

Mary's bundle of joy made into the world three or four weeks after her false alarm...

susan alicia said:
wil this thread be closed soon?
It is a bit misleading now that everything is all right

I don't see why this thread should be closed -- if anyone took the time to read the thread they would understand what it is about.

And for some people like me, who have just gotten up and online within the last few hours, and are not on European time, it is news to us and we should have the opportunity to reply and comment, too.

am completely reassured with the false alarm addition to the title :)

Alexandria said:
I don't see why this thread should be closed -- if anyone took the time to read the thread they would understand what it is about.

And for some people like me, who have just gotten up and online within the last few hours, and are not on European time, it is news to us and we should have the opportunity to reply and comment, too.

Labor actually starts three to four weeks before the actual birth of the baby. This could be the body preparing for the actual birth, which would be my guess. My mom said she experienced contractions a little less then a month before myseld and my siblings were born, although she wasn't admitted, she called her dr. who told her since the contractions weren't coming in regular intervals they were just pre-term (Braxton-hicks) contractions.

I'm sure this is what Letizia experienced, but because she's in such a high profile place, and she's caring the future king/queen of a nation extra precautions needed to be taken.

I'm glad to see everything is going better, and Letizia looks simply radiant and content1

Uuuuuuuufffff... I have just seen "TRF" home page and first I was really scared... Glad that everything is all right now.

By contrast

Attachments

• 6569646.jpg
    6569646.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 230
  • 6569647.jpg
    6569647.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 199
  • 6569649.jpg
    6569649.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 6569650.jpg
    6569650.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 233
  • 6569651.jpg
    6569651.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 6569652.jpg
    6569652.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 6569860.jpg
    6569860.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 214
This happened to Mary before, 4 weeks before having the baby. The TVE has said that the baby will born at the last 15 days of November.

rchainho said:
This happened to Mary before, 4 weeks before having the baby. The TVE has said that the baby will born at the last 15 days of November.

It has not been the same thing.

If I do not remember badly it of Mary it was a threat of premature baby divides, she was several days deposited and left her official activities.

Letizia had a few contractions, which can be normal in the pregnancy, they moved her to the hospital to be calmer and to check her. Letizia went out at 3 hours of the clinical and today already she was in her office doing things.

It sounds like she and the baby are doing fine; I know a lot of people have early contractions, and nothing untoward occurrs. Whenever the baby is born, he/she will be very attractive, and very welcome.

Is the Ruber Clinic located near the Zarzuela? Also, assuming both Felipe and Letizia go to Oviedo, does anyone know how they will travel? How long is the trip by car?

Emily said:
Is the Ruber Clinic located near the Zarzuela? Also, assuming both Felipe and Letizia go to Oviedo, does anyone know how they will travel? How long is the trip by car?

Not which is the distance that separates The Zarzuela of the Ruber, but it is not necessary to to be great.
Between Madrid and Oviedo is 4 hours of trip in car, but it is strange that the Princes travel to Asturias in car, they are in the habit of doing it in commercial plane, though maybe in this occasion they do it in one privately. Already we will see if finally Letizia travels or not, it will be necessary to wait to tomorrow and to what the doctor says.

Oh of course she's fine, she's wearing tons of make-up, she's smiling, I wonder how come she dosn't have a personal doctor. She like to be the center, specially yesterday when she got the worse critics from the spanish press something must be done, Felipe's face is a poem, with the queen out of the country she's La Jefa.

Scherezada said:
Oh of course she's fine, she's wearing tons of make-up, she's smiling, I wonder how come she dosn't have a personal doctor. She like to be the center, specially yesterday when she got the worse critics from the spanish press something must be done, Felipe's face is a poem, with the queen out of the country she's La Jefa.
So are you insinuating that she faked her contractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom