Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is shocking news. My heart goes to the whole family.

A funeral car arrived at 16:10 hours from afternoon to the building where Erika Ortiz resided, deceased this morning in the same house that inhabited Princess Letizia until she was transferred to the Palace of the Zarzuela. Numerous peculiar and professional of mass media waited the arrival of this car, that will be in charge to transfer the rest of the little sister of Doña Letizia Ortiz, foreseeably, to the Anatomical Forensic Institute of Madrid. Neighbors of this building left their houses to wait in the street the exit of the instruction judge and, later, the arrival of the funeral car. Before the journalists, they admitted the "surprise and sadness" that had caused to them to know the news the death of Erika, to which they defined as "a likeable and pleasant" person.

Un coche funenario llega al edificio donde residía Erika Ortiz - Yahoo! Noticias

The Prime Minister has extended his condolances to the royal family on the loss of the sister of the Princess of Asturias. He also asked that the journalists give the Ortiz-Rocasolano family the "maximum respect" as they are going through this difficult time.
Zapatero transmite su pésame a la Familia Real por la muerte de Erika Ortiz - Yahoo! Noticias

Erika Ortiz, youngest sister of Spain's Princess Letizia, dies at 31

MADRID, Spain: The youngest sister of Spain's Princess Letizia has died in Madrid at 31, the Royal Palace said on... source and full article

Update: Sister Of Spain's Princess Letizia Dies Mysteriously

Erika Ortiz Rocasolano, a younger sister of Spain's future queen Letizia, died Wednesday in Madrid at age 31, the royal palace announced. The Ortiz family asked for "respect and prudence." The cause of death was not given. source and full article

Mystery death of Princess Letizia's sister shocks Royals (intresting)

MADRID — Erika Ortiz, sister of Princess Letizia, died on Wednesday, a spokesman for the Spanish Royal Family said.
The 31-year-old was found dead in the Madrid house which she shared with her sister Letizia before she married.source and article

The rise of the corpse of Erika Ortiz was carried out by the guard judge number 12 of Madrid, that arrived at the address from the deceased to 14:40 hours and it left fifty minutes later.
At 16:10 hours of afternoon, a funeral car and a van of the funeral services of Madrid arrived at the address, in Valdebernardo, he himself floor in which Letizia Ortiz lived until it contracted marriage with Prince de Asturias.

Fallece en su domicilio Erika Ortiz, hermana menor de la Princesa de Asturias

Mi mas sentido pesame Alteza

What a terrible loss, I can't stop crying for the loss of such a young life

What tragic news! My condolences to all the families that have been affected by this tragedy.

What tragic news .. This is so unfair, she was so young .. My condolences to the family. Poor Letizia and her family, and most of all poor Carla :( This is terrible !

Rest In Peace.

Last edited:
Such sad news. My condolence to the family.
I'm very sad. Rest in peace.

OH MY GOSH!!!! How very sad for the entire family. My thoughts and prayers go out to them, especally little Carla. I lost a brother by accident and know the shock that a family experiences, may God be with them at all times.
I feel really bad for the Princess and her entire family. What a shock for someone who was so young. Rest in Peace Erika.

My condolences to her family, particularly her little girl, Carla. I cannot imagine what her family must be going through.

I'm so incredibly shocked, it's so unfair... Poor woman was so young! And her Carla is so small, she doesn't know anything at the moment...

My deepest sympathy for Erika's parents and the whole family. Poor Letizia, she is pregnant and now she has to overcome the worst moments in her life... It's just can't be put into words, I still can't believe...

The mortal rest of Erika Ortiz, transferred to the Anatomical Institute Forense of Madrid

The mortal rest of Erika Ortiz, smaller sister of Princess de Asturias, have been transferred from their residence in the Madrilenian district of Vicálvaro to the Anatomical Institute Forense of Madrid, where a autopsy will be made to him.
After a judge of instruction, accompanied by two members of the national body of Police, personara in the house where Erika lived Ortiz --the same one that inhabited its sister until it was transferred to the Palace of the Zarzuela-- in order to come to the rise of the corpse, she arrived until same a funeral car.
That car was in charge to transfer the corpse of Erika Ortiz until the Anatomical Institute Forense, where it arrived behind schedule around the 17 hours from this.

http://www.fuerteventuradigital.com/portal/noticias/noticia.asp?canal=sociedad&fecha=20070207&hora=173312

I understand she had been suffering from depression for some time. What exactly did she die of ?

well if she was depressed because of her divorce is quite normal that she perphaps have suicide herself! Although I think that if she has a daugther is a bit strange that she could do such a thing!We cannot know for sure!

I feel for the family and Princess. my heart goes out to them for their loss.
I hope that the rumors are not true and she was not suffering from depression and committed suicide.
whatever the cause, I hope she is at peace now. And I'm glad that the Princess has a strong bond with her husband and his family. She and the new baby will need all thier strength to deal with her sorrow.
My brother was 30 when he passed away from Aids, and to have a life taken away at such a young age hurts deep.

My condolences to her family :sad: :cry:

My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Erika Ortiz. May she rest in peace and may God give her family, especially little Carla, strength during these very difficult moments.

How very sad for the entire family. Thoughts and prayers to all of them.

i'm shocked. not only because she was so young and everything was so unexpected, but because of what may have happened. she didn't suffer from any physical disease and although they said she was depressed, she seemed fine in the last photos that were taken.

i wonder if the royal house will have anything to say on the cause of her death.

it's so sad news!
poor carla (the 6-years old daughter) and poor letizia...

Rest in peace Erika. I am deeply saddened to hear this news. Especially for poor little Carla. She reall yneeds her family around her now.

I´m worried about princess Letizia… this is a very tragic news. Erika was a charming woman. My condolences for all the family:sad:

My condolences to all the family, specially little Carla:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am shocked. This is so sad, a young woman with a little daughter.
Even more so if Erica really was in such a deep depression that she committed suicide.
She looks very fragile and sensitive in the video.
I deeply feel for her and her family.

How awful. Letizia has been through so much all of which she has gone through it in the public eye. To show your face and have to show a brave one at that is just a huge feat on the human body and mind. Also, given her pregnancy, I do hope she is under medical watch. This could put tremendous strain on her and the baby. I am a therapist and although I hate to speculate, the signs appear to point to a suicide, depression, isolation, etc. However, ALL possibilities must be ruled out. My condolences are with the familia Real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom