Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Sofia suspends the trip to Cambodia, she will be in Spain tomorrow.

The Princes of Asturias are in their home.

source: rtve

The parents of Erika are in the house of her. The judge is preparing all the things to move the corpse.

source: aquihaytomate.telecinco

The van that will transfer the body of Erika Ortiz arrives

http://www.cerestvnoticias.com/fotos_noticias/FOTOS_GRANDES/20070207164834.jpg

Last edited:
The judge of instruction of Madrid left 15:30 afternoon hours of the residence in which the deceased Erika Ortiz lived, the same house that Princess Letizia occupied until she was transferred to the Palace of the Zarzuela. In spite of the insistence of the journalists concentrated in the door of this residential zone, the magistrada one avoided to make no type of commentary around the death of the sister of Doña Letizia Ortiz. After 45 minutes in the mentioned house - located in the Lateral street of the Almonds tree, in the Madrilenian district of Valdebernardo (Vicálvaro) -, the judge left the zone accompanied by two cars of the national body of police.
La juez abandona la residencia en la que vivía Erika Ortiz - Yahoo! Noticias

I am really sorry.
I am in shock. So sad, she was so young.....
Arme Leatizia...

This is so sad. How on earth did she die? My prayers are with her family.

I'm shocked. This is so terrible. The cause of death isn't known yet is it? This is so terrible for the family, especially little Carla. Poor Letizia, I hope they will find the strength to suport each other through these terrible tragedy.

this is very sad news. she was young, this must be a shock to everyone. my condolence to the whole family. this few days wil be very difficult. does anyone know the cause of the death yet ?

I just read this as well.Is there any news in the spanish papaers?

does anyone know what she died from?!was she sick?

I am so sorry to hear about this. How sad!

One of the articles said that she had a normal working day the other day. I'm guessing she hasn't been sick. Maybe it was a heart attack or something? I don't know. Does anyone know how old her little girl is? Does Carla's father have her now?

Last edited:
The last I read on a news site was that she had asked for a couple of days off.She had apparently been getting ready to start another project.They also sais that she had been quite depressed in the last few months,perhaps about the divorce.

Elsa M. said:
ELPAIS.com - El PP transmite el pésame a la Familia Real y a los Príncipes de Asturias - España

Antonio Vigo (the former companion of Erika Ortiz and father of her daughter) is "very affected" by the news. According to the family, he is at home, in Madrid.

One of the sisters of Antonio has confirmed that little Carla (the daughter of Erika and Antonio) is with her father and other members of the family, and that she still doesn't know of her mother's death .

At six years old, it is very difficult for a child to understand what death does mean.
Last year, when a friend of my parents died in a car crash, his two-and-half-years-old son said always "when mummy wasn't dead". For him, it meant nothing except that mummy didn't live anymore with them.

How utterly devastating.....
Thoughts and prayers for the family

The cause of death is not known. I also doubt it will be made public as it is a private matter. El Mundo and EFE are hinting that it was a suicide as she was reportedly depressed for some time and she had asked for some time offwork.

The reality of it is that we don't know she could've had a heart attack, a brain aneurysm, or any silent killer. Whatever took her life it was an unexpected tragedy.

Terrible, what an horrible piece of news

Alisa said:
The cause of death is not known. I also doubt it will be made public as it is a private matter. El Mundo and EFE are hinting that it was a suicide as she was reportedly depressed for some time and she had asked for some time offwork.

The reality of it is that we don't know she could've had a heart attack, a brain aneurysm, or any silent killer. Whatever took her life it was an unexpected tragedy.

Of course a suicide version is the "ideal" story for scandal hunters, especially when the victim is young and apparently in good health.
I just had a thought, imagine that she suffered alone in her home without help, oh my God.
Whichever was the reason, I hope she did not suffer. Now the important is God should help her little daughter, it is so cruel at this age, and also for Letizia being pregnant, it is very difficult.

The family at this point may not know the cause of death either. They may have to wait for an autopsy if they choose too

Were Antonio and Erika ever married? People talk about their divorce, but I thought someone said that they had just been living together.

This is a very sad news for Letizia and the SRF.:sad:

samitude said:
Were Antonio and Erika ever married? People talk about their divorce, but I thought someone said that they had just been living together.

I think tht they were married

ERIKA ORTIZ HA SIDO ENCONTRADA MUERTA EN SU CASA DE VALDEBERNARDO

The Princes of Asturias have received the news in the Palace and they have cancelled all their acts. The Royal House has not released any official note, since it is a private matter and they simply request "respect and prudence" towards the family Ortiz Rocasolano. The Queen, who is in Indonesia, and the King (visiting Germany), were shocked by the news. Doña Sofía was brought into tears, after recieving the news, and has decided she cannot continue her official visit, reason why she's returning to Madrid. The King is also coming back tonight, as planned.

Photo of the journalists, in front of the appartment:
http://www.hola.com/famosos/2007/02/07/erikaortiz2/imgs/erika-valdebernardo1a.jpg

DOÑA SOFÍA NO QUISO CONTINUAR CON SU VIAJE ESTANDO ERIKA ORTIZ DE CUERPO PRESENTE

Although the airports were practically closed, the assistants of Queen Sofia obtained almost immediately all the permissions to fly back to Spain. Doña Sofía, who was not able, nor has wanted to continue with the trip, decided to return home, as soon as she received the tragic news. Although the Princes asked her to move on with her official visit, Her Majesty told the King and the people of Kambodja (who were waiting for her) of her intention to return to Madrid. The Queen, who loves the Princess of Asturias as much as a daughter, wanted to be at her side in one of the worse moments of Doña Letizia's life.

The Princess, who is six months pregnant, was apparently in the Palace of La Zarzuela, when she recieved the news on the death of her youngest sister.

Last edited:
samitude said:
No, they had lived together for 6 years, but they weren't legally married.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom