Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I paid attention in Spanish class so I could understand what Pilar Rahola is saying. Hopefully this will cause a backlash against Jaime P. and he will just disappear in the background.

Pollyemma, from things people have written here, I think he's assumed that Erika Ortiz committed suicide and as good as blamed Princess Letizia for it because of her high profile and the stress it's caused her family.

Elspeth said:
Pollyemma, from things people have written here, I think he's assumed that Erika Ortiz committed suicide and as good as blamed Princess Letizia for it because of her high profile and the stress it's caused her family.

ouch...that is pretty dreadful...I'm shocked...what a hateful person

pollyemma said:
ouch...that is pretty dreadful...I'm shocked...what a hateful person

my thoughts exactly

First of all I want to express my gratitude (in the name of the Moderators) that all of you remained so respectful and civil, while discussing this terrible event and providing information about it.
Thank you very much for that.

And I would also like to remind you not to discuss the cause of the death of Erika Ortiz, until we have some official information about it.

Thank you very much for co-operation

I just want to say that I am really sorry for all the family, I feel really sad for them.

Zonk said:
I wish I paid attention in Spanish class so I could understand what Pilar Rahola is saying. Hopefully this will cause a backlash against Jaime P. and he will just disappear in the background.

I can not tell you exactly what he said because I don't have a really good English, but basically what she said is that Peñafiel (a journalist) wrote "bad" words about the Erika's death, he wrote something like "the most sad thing about this death is that it happened in a dark place where her sister lived before she became a bourgeois princess" and what Pilar was saying is that this is not the most sad thing, the most sad thing is that it happened.

Peñafiel has said too, that princess Letizia has left away her sister and that she doesn't take care of her.:bang:

He said, in other words that princess Letizia took care more about being a royal member than the pressure that her little sister was feeling.:mad:

I think villians were in flims, but this guy is just HORRIBLE.:furious:

FOR GOD SAKE :shock: PRINCESS LETIZIA IS ABOUT TO FAINT BECAUSE OF HER SISTER DEATH, and He remains being so HATEFUL.:angry: :censored: :furious:

I have to agree, those were very nasty, tactless and insensitive things to tell. :ohmy:
He's hurting not only Letizia's feelings (whose desperation was obvious) but also Erika's whole family. :sad:

Letizia is not one of my favourite royals, but seeing the pictures of her so destrought broke my heart :cry: The poor woman looked as if she were going to collapse on the spot, and her mother looked totally devestated :cry:

I offer my deepest sympathies and condolences to Letizia, the Ortiz Rocasolano family and Erika's little girl

It was suicide :cry: :cry: :cry:

ELPAIS.com - Una muerte por ingestión de pastillas - España

Mourning in the real family: a death by ingestion of pills

The autopsy practiced to the corpse of Érika Ortiz Rocasolano, of 31 years, the youngest sister of Princess de Asturias has revealed that her death came after ingesting pills, possibly tranquilizers, according to sources of the investigation. The advance of the autopsy was sent to the holder of the court of Instruction number 12, that one is in charge of the case. The definitive report will not be compiled by the forense until within a month, when it receives all the complementary tests.

El Pais is a pretty reliable source, but this is sooo sad :cry:

Last edited:
Oh goodness...That's so tragic. May God have mercy on her soul and may she find peace.

Avalon said:
I have to agree, those were very nasty, tactless and insensitive things to tell. :ohmy:
He's hurting not only Letizia's feelings (whose desperation was obvious) but also Erika's whole family. :sad:

What a horrible & hateful man!

My heart goes out to Letizia and her family. I think it disgraceful the way the press is able to capture her and her family like this.

Leave them alone...let them grieve for this tragedy in their family, crown princess or no crown princess.

I konw that Jamie has been very critical of the SRF in the past but this is really terrible!

Penafiel is such a jerk. Letizia isn't god, she couldn't do her magic to have her little sister happily married to Antonio :sad:. Right after Erika giving birth to her daughter, neither she or Antonio had a job. Letizia had provided Erika financial help with her own salary as a journalist. After the royal engagement, Erika and her family moved into Letizia's flat and lived there until her last day. Erika was not happy at her old company, Felipe found her a job in Globemedia whose owner Emilio Aragon has been a good friend of the Prince. Finally Erika had obtained stability financially and professionally. Letizia had always taken care of Erika before or after she became a princess, she had done what an older sister could have done to help her little sister, but it's really out of her power to have Erika and Antonio happily together, what could Letizia do ???? She is not god.

An article about Erika's sad life.
Erika Ortiz, la hermana pequeña y frágil | elmundo.es

Last edited:
crisiñaki said:
It was suicide :cry: :cry: :cry:

ELPAIS.com - Una muerte por ingestión de pastillas - España

Mourning in the real family: a death by ingestion of pills

In this country no type of press is saved:bang: , not El Pais that one supposes a serious newspaper, can wait and support a caution.

The family will decide that to do, but they have right to take the time that they want to say if to speak or not. For the present time, there is nothing official, and is not known if it will be or not.

The family already has sufficiently with the pain, sufficiently in spite of worrying for a girl that is orphan, and for other one that is for being born, sufficient in spite of thinking about a few grandparents with advanced lodger dy delicate health, and a parents who have lived through something through that a parents should never live.

That allow them time, to leave them to cry and to be able to breathe, and that the press not pressing them.

Last edited:
Lula you seem to make a big deal about everything; not discourtesy intended, Lula, the fact that Erika commited suicide is knowing by now, you just have to read all what have being in the press till now, every single article appointed to that, some more subtle some more openly, for the ones who knows how to read and interpret a news; it is better if stated for once, that will help to stop sooner the gossips and not to have a month of speculations.

The suicide of a relative is nothing to be ashamed of, El Pais have gave the notice with absolute respect, besides the death of Erika have become in a national matter for being who she was, the Royal Family and Erika's family hasn't hide or anything, the only thing people need it was a confirmation because by now everyone knew already that Erika did commited suicide, was a "public secret", to unfortunate but is the truth, is going to be worse if they don't say nothing and everything stay in a kind of a limbo. If the cause of death would of being a natural one nobody will care if is published but there's a tabu with the suicide, as hard as it is that was her unfortunated choice and mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of, again, I can't underestand completely what make her to do this but she won't be less respected for her ultimate choice, it is better to stop the public morbo for once.

Last edited:
Sincerely Raniarocks was not expecting for another thing from you.

1. There is no official news, and while this one does not exist, everything what is published or is said, limits itself to indications, speculations and gossips.

2. The family Ortiz-Rocasolano, with the exception of one member, is a private and anonymous family, which it has right to the intimacy and does not have any obligation, to give explanations to nobody. And the law protects them, if they decide that it should be deprived it will be private. And all this type of information or supposed filtrations can be a crime. They will take the decision, and will take the decision that they create good when they create good. And not to satisfy the zeal of gossip of the people, but for that one that they consider to be better for the family.

Last edited:
Elspeth said:

This is completely disgusting for Letizia. She has her pain, and now these rubbish words.
If Erica committed suicide, it is her own decision, and nobody else is responsible

lula said:
Sincerely Raniarocks was not expecting for another thing from you.

1. There is no official news, and while this one does not exist, everything what is published or is said, limits itself to indications, speculations and gossips.

2. The family Ortiz-Rocasolano, with the exception of one member, is a private and anonymous family, which it has right to the intimacy and does not have any obligation, to give explanations to nobody. And the law protects them, if they decide that it should be deprived it will be private. And all this type of information or supposed filtrations can be a crime.

Well Lula to me El Pais is a well respected newspaper and this death and funeral has being everything but private, I gave my condolences with sincerity some pages ago and everone knows that I'm not a fan of Letizia but I have being really touched for such a tragic loss and it just broke my heart to see the grievance of the family and Letizia's pain specially but as usually is pointless to make a point and believe that you may even dare to consider it.

Never mind.

Last edited:
BTW - does this mean that the spanish royal family will not go to Oslo for the celebration of King Harald's birthday?

:rolleyes:

I think the whole buniness is very sad, and to write such horriable things about the princess, is awfull , well to write about any one that way , at a time of family sadness is terriable !! .

I am really very sad for Letizia...but my respect goes to Paloma. Yesterday she was like away, not in this world, I can't think and can't imagine how much pain she has losing a daughter.
I didn't see this pain in his father or Menchu...maybe they demonstrate different, but for me yesterday, was horrible to see Paloma and Letizia.
All my respects for them. And also for Antonio Vigo, he was very very sad

What a tragedy ... I hope the girl that comes will survive all this pain that Letizia and her family has now.

lula said:
2. The family Ortiz-Rocasolano, with the exception of one member, is a private and anonymous family, which it has right to the intimacy and does not have any obligation, to give explanations to nobody. And the law protects them, if they decide that it should be deprived it will be private. And all this type of information or supposed filtrations can be a crime. They will take the decision, and will take the decision that they create good when they create good. And not to satisfy the zeal of gossip of the people, but for that one that they consider to be better for the family.

The family Ortiz-Rocasolano are not a private and anonymous family, they are the family of the Princess of Asturias so they are in the public eye! Everyone has the right to intimacy even Royal family, not only anonymous familys!!!! Of course this issue will be private because is not correct for a Royal family say that the sister of princess of Asturias has commited suicide, so they will keep it a secret of course!

Last edited by a moderator:
so many people commit suicide and leave the ones behind so helpless and full of guilt - as a cause of death, it should not be a big deal. How is suicide different from a death of cancer or so on? I personally think that everyone has the right to decise themselves, and there is no bad stigma about a suicide - of cause it is sad. NO doubt about it. what I am trying to say is that it is not throwing a dark shadow onto the rest of the family - at least not for me.

Hello

I'm greek othodox. According the the Greek orthodox religion, suicide is not accepted by the religion, I mean It is considered that if you killed yourself, you committed a murder. Consequently, if someone dies from suicide he is not allowed to receive a religious funeral.
IS THE SAME VALID FOR CATHOLICS? (Can someone reply?)
In this case it may provoque a problem because of the relation of Erica with the SRF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom