Engagement of Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: November 1, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lia

Nobility
City
Athens
Country
Greece
Is this trrue :( ????? I have seen this topic in many message boards and a Spanish reporter mentions that the palace plans to make an official announcement of the engagement :cry: Also the wedding would be spring 2004. The girl is 27, spanish, not royal but known family. Ofcource the reporter that said the news has also mentioned another affair of the Prince that it was not true. What do you all say about this?Is it real?Or just a wish of the spanish people to see their Prince married soon? :heart:

f066mh02.jpg

Well according to the rumor this is the woman Letizia Ortiz, a Spanish newscasterfor TVE. But according to the article in El Periodico - the Palace is denying all rumors and Ms. Ortiz herself is saying yes, they are friends, but not romantically involved.

Article in Spanish:
LA ZARZUELA NIEGA LA EXISTENCIA DE PLANES DE MATRIMONIO PARA EL PRÍNCIPE
La amistad de Felipe con Letizia Ortiz desata las especulaciones

MARIÁNGEL ALCÁZAR
BARCELONA

Las prisas por casar al Príncipe volvieron a hacer saltar ayer las alarmas sobre un inminente anuncio de boda. Las especulaciones que desde hace semanas venían haciéndose en círculos sociales de Madrid acerca de la naturaleza de la amistad que Felipe de Borbón mantiene con la periodista Letizia Ortiz adquirieron categoría de posible romance. Ayer por la mañana, el programa Hoy por hoy, que dirige Iñaki Gabilondo, se hizo eco de un rumor que daba por hecho el inminente anuncio oficial de la boda del Príncipe con una joven a la que se calificó de "muy conocida". Sin embargo, la Zarzuela negó durante todo el día la posibilidad de un compromiso.
Las especulaciones en torno a la vida sentimental de Felipe de Borbón no son ninguna novedad, pero el hecho de que algunas personas aseguraran haber visto en público al heredero en compañía de Ortiz, actual presentadora del Telediario 2, hicieron circular la especie más rápidamente.
La propia periodista alimentó los rumores al admitir en su entorno laboral haber mantenido algunos encuentros con el Príncipe. Ante la avalancha de conjeturas, Letizia confirmó ayer a varias personas su pertenencia al círculo de amistades del heredero, pero negó cualquier vínculo amoroso.
Fuentes próximas al Príncipe admitieron ayer que éste sostiene desde hace algunos meses una amistad especial con una joven, aunque rechazaron que se tratara de la citada periodista. La respuesta oficial de la Zarzuela fue la de negar la existencia de planes para anunciar una posible boda, tal como había insinuado por la mañana el periodista Rafael Manzano, colaborador de Hoy por hoy, con el apodo de El Búho, que se encarga de un espacio de comentarios confidenciales.
Ajeno a toda esta ola de comentarios, el Príncipe se encontraba ayer en Barcelona asistiendo a un seminario sobre globalización, desarrollo y gobernabilidad, organizado por la Fundació La Caixa.

Hmm....she's denying it, the Palace is denying it. From what I've observed, there's usually no basis on these type of reporting especially when the girl talks. I would think that the Palace would want someone who did not comment on anything until the official engagement is announced. But it could be a trick since she's "in the limelight" given her profession. Still, I do not think there's any truth to this.

Well, most of the time the palaces of the different royal families deny everything until they want to announce something.

I'll say this much for her. I've only seen a couple of photos of her, but from the ones I have seen she seems to fit the bill. She knows how to dress properly and will know how to handle the press because she works in a type of media. I'm sure her public speaking skills will help her as well. I wonder how tall she is.

I read somewhere that she dates with another guy from TVE, a director or something. I belive that pics from them appearded in the press few weeks ago. The one that said her name is an morron and had a very sad idea :p

http://www.elmundo.es/

"EL HEREDERO DE LA CORONA SE CASARÁ EL PRÓXIMO VERANO
La Casa Real anuncia el enlace del Príncipe con la periodista Letizia Ortiz

ELMUNDO.ES | EFE

MADRID.- El Príncipe Felipe contraerá matrimonio a principios del próximo verano con la periodista Letizia Ortiz. Don Felipe de Borbón, heredero de la Corona, tiene 35 años y su prometida 31. Letizia Ortiz, Licenciada en Ciencias de la Información, ejerce en la actualidad su profesión como presentadora de la Segunda Edición del Telediario de TVE.

La boda entre Don Felipe y Letizia Ortiz se celebrará en la catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Almudena y la petición de mano tendrá lugar el próximo jueves, informaron fuentes de la Casa del Rey.

La Casa Real ha hecho público el compromiso a través del siguiente comunicado:

"Sus Majestades los Reyes tienen la gran satisfacción de anunciar el compromiso matrimonial de Su hijo, Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Asturias Don Felipe, con Doña Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano.

La petición de mano tendrá lugar en el Palacio de la Zarzuela el próximo jueves, día 6 de noviembre.

La boda se celebrará a principios del verano de 2004 en la Catedral de Santa María la Real de la Almudena de Madrid.

Palacio de la Zarzuela, 1 de noviembre de 2003"."

:eek: :eek: :eek: Has the palace really confirmed this?!
Now I´ve the feeling that I´ve just woken up from coma and several years went by! I´ve still believed that he has an (secret) affair with Eva Sannum.
I´ve never heard before about Letizia. And I´ve looked even on this board, we never had a thread on her, am I right (if I compare it with the stuff, which we wrote about Mary on this board before her engagement)?!
I´ve just two explainations for this: Felipe fooled us all and is together with her since a long time, or his parents forced/convinced him to marry, and this becomes a second Diana-Charles-Camilla-drama..but I hope not and I wish them all luck...but it would be nice to know more about her.

Yes, this was an official anouncement from Zarzuela Palace :flower: She's a very popular reporter in Spain (she's the host from the evening news in TVE), divorced previouly (a civil wedding) and she's from Asturias.

"Sus Majestades los Reyes tienen la gran satisfacción de anunciar el compromiso matrimonial de Su hijo, Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Asturias Don Felipe, con Doña Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano.

La petición de mano tendrá lugar en el Palacio de la Zarzuela el próximo jueves, día 6 de noviembre.

La boda se celebrará a principios del verano de 2004 en la Catedral de Santa María la Real de la Almudena de Madrid.

She got divorced (that would exclude that his parents forced him to marry her) :eek: :eek: I´m perplexed. Is there a day (like 1. April in other countries) in Spain, where you can fool everybody and is this day on the first of November?!

And in which media-genre does she work? reliable news (like CNN)? Could it be that we didn´t knew from this relationship because this woman has such good connections to the media?!

Congrats to Felipe and his new fiancee. Talk about a shock.
Anyone want to bet Nikolaos of Greece announces his engagement any day now?

what does the media say

Its already in the Swedish media, but what does the Spanish media say do they like her

I'm happy for them. : :heart: But did anyone else not want to believe it. I thought it was a hollow eve's joke, because i thought the engagement date would be said. I swear my heart just stop :doh: ,it seemed like he never was going to get married. Everyone is married or getting married, now fawing over them wont be the same. :cry:

The spanish media is very happy with his choice :flower:

Well, it's official...all the crown princes are taken! :(

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Nov 1st, 2003 - 3:26 pm
The spanish media is very happy with his choice :flower:
hehe, what else should they say...she´s their co-worker...and every (little) journalist can dream to become a princess /prince now.

Originally posted by xicamaluca@Nov 1st, 2003 - 8:46 pm
http://www.elmundo.es/

"EL HEREDERO DE LA CORONA SE CASARÁ EL PRÓXIMO VERANO
La Casa Real anuncia el enlace del Príncipe con la periodista Letizia Ortiz

ELMUNDO.ES | EFE

MADRID.- El Príncipe Felipe contraerá matrimonio a principios del próximo verano con la periodista Letizia Ortiz. Don Felipe de Borbón, heredero de la Corona, tiene 35 años y su prometida 31. Letizia Ortiz, Licenciada en Ciencias de la Información, ejerce en la actualidad su profesión como presentadora de la Segunda Edición del Telediario de TVE.

La boda entre Don Felipe y Letizia Ortiz se celebrará en la catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Almudena y la petición de mano tendrá lugar el próximo jueves, informaron fuentes de la Casa del Rey.

La Casa Real ha hecho público el compromiso a través del siguiente comunicado:

Please, can somebody translate this. In English or German. I´d like to know, what is that all. Please.

It's a bit of suprise for me. I hope it is true love and that they will be happy :)

But it's so...unexpected....

www.casareal.es

Sus Majestades los Reyes tienen la gran satisfacción de anunciar el compromiso matrimonial de Su hijo, Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Asturias Don Felipe, con Doña Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano.

Palacio de la Zarzuela, 1 de noviembre de 2003

www.casareal.es

Datos biográficos de Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano

Nació el 15 de septiembre de 1972 en Oviedo.

Es licenciada en Ciencias de la Información, rama Periodismo, por la Universidad Complutense de Madrid, y cuenta con un Master de Periodismo Audiovisual por el Instituto de Estudios de Periodismo Audiovisual. Empezó sus estudios de Doctorado en México, donde trabajó en el periódico Siglo 21.

Ha trabajado desde muy joven en varios medios de comunicación, entre ellos el diario asturiano La Nueva España, el periódico ABC y la Agencia EFE, donde realizó su labor en edición de internacional durante el último año de carrera.

En televisión ha trabajado en la cadena estadounidense Bloomberg TV, un canal privado especializado en economía, finanzas y mercados, con sede en España bajo la supervisión de la Agencia EFE Televisión. Ha sido también presentadora, redactora y reportera en CNN plus, el canal privado formado por la estadounidense CNN y CANAL plus.

Letizia Ortiz se incorporó el año 2000 a Televisión Española, donde trabajó con el equipo de edición de Telediario Segunda Edición y se hizo cargo de la presentación de Informe Semanal. Posteriormente, presentó Telediario Matinal, los especiales sobre el Euro que se ofrecieron en los Telediarios de TVE y ha sido enviada especial a diferentes puntos de todo el mundo para cubrir acontecimientos de actualidad.

Attachments

• cp011103b.jpg
    cp011103b.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 10,955
Originally posted by Lena@Nov 1st, 2003 - 2:48 pm
Is there a day (like 1. April in other countries) in Spain, where you can fool everybody and is this day on the first of November?!
No kidding! :lol: I think this news caught about 99.9% of us by complete surprise! Mary and Frederik we could see coming, it was just a matter of when. But we didn't even know about Letizia! The name hadn't even crossed our lips until about yesterday evening!

Talk about keeping a good secret!

Two Crown Prince weddings in 2004, not to mention two future heirs being born next year!

Then she will be at Frederik's and Mary's wedding

I think its good that she is used with the media,

Back
Top Bottom