Engagement of Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: November 1, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Fireweaver@Nov 1st, 2003 - 2:06 pm

Anyone want to bet Nikolaos of Greece announces his engagement any day now?
:shock: bit your tongue! Nik is mine not that 22yo brat's. ;)

is letizia really divorced?This is unbelievable because the spanish house is very catholic.And I don´t think the pope will agree.

Originally posted by liv@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 9:09 am
is letizia really divorced?This is unbelievable because the spanish house is very catholic.And I don´t think the pope will agree.
Yes, she is realy divorced in a civil wedding. And the spanish church has already pronounced about this. The Cardinal that will marry them said that he very happy and proud of marry Felipe. Cardinal Rouco Varela is probably the most respect figure from spanish catholic church and this said it all. They approved the wedding.

The article with the words of Cadinal Rouco Varela

http://es.news.yahoo.com/031101/4/31pwd.html

"
Rouco expresó al Rey su satisfacción por oficiar la boda del Príncipe con Letizia Ortiz
MADRID, 1 (EUROPA PRESS)

El cardenal arzobispo de Madrid, monseñor Rouco Varela, expresó su satisfacción al Rey Don Juan Carlos por oficiar la próxima boda del Principe Felipe con Letizia Ortiz, según informaron fuentes de la Casa Real a Europa Press.

Rouco manifestó al Rey su alegría por el matrimonio del Príncipe y dijo estar encantado de oficiar la ceremonia que se celebrará en el verano de 2004 en la catedral de La Almudena de Madrid.

El hecho de que monseñor Rouco oficie la ceremonia supone el espaldarazo de la Iglesia y la Conferencia Episcopal al enlace entre el Príncipe heredero de la Corona y la periodista Letizia Ortiz, casada en primeras nupcias por lo civil.
"

OH MY GOD, I am shocked :eek: :eek: , how and when is all I wonder. A few months ago there were rumours about Felipe and Christine and now this???????????????

I find all of this a little mystifying, :wacko: but I have to say stranger things HAVE happened.As long as they TRULY love one another, then thats all that matters :flower:

However I have to say, I am more than surprised that queen Sofia has actually approved of this match. The lady is question IS a divorcee after all - civil marriage or not. Being a staunch roman catholic myself I do know that divorces are considered distasteful so in that respect I AM surprised that even the cardinal has given this match a green flag. I personally think that everyone is giving this a green flag keeping Felipe's age in mind. Had the prince been younger Letizia would've been scrutinized a lot, lot harder - just like the rest of them.

If Felipe is marrying for love then its okay, but I hope and pray that he isn't doing this out of pressure - what with nearly all the other royals getting married.

The only aspect that marriage must be based on is love - out of which comes trust, respect and mutual understanding. If people get married for any other reasons other that the above then they are fooling themselves and unfortunately it becomes a blunder they stand to regret later. So if this is for love - then goodluck and god bless always, but if its for anything else then God help them realise it before its too late.

Wow, such a surprise to wake up to. Indeed, she is gorgeous, however, I'm wondering how Queen Sophia really feels about this union. At one time, I heard that she said that the history of marriages in Spain have been linked ONLY to other royal houses and that she wasn't going to see her son marry a commoner such as Eva Sannum. In my opinion, I believe Eva was beautiful but being a longerie model must have "sunk" her future. Here's to Felipe of Spain and his Leticia! May they survive the paps! :heart:

Sunshine1303  Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 9:48 am

OH MY GOD, I am shocked , how and when is all I wonder. A few months ago there were rumours about Felipe and Christine and now this???????????????

I find all of this a little mystifying
If I understand you correctly, you mean to say that Prince Felipe was "pressured" into the announcement of an engagement ?

I mean there is a certain sense of truth in that, Felipe being the last royal of eligible age .... and I wonder if a bet was made between Crown Princes in Sydney in 2000 ?

However I have to say, I am more than surprised that queen Sofia has actually approved of this match. The lady is question IS a divorcee after all - civil marriage or not. Being a staunch roman catholic myself I do know that divorces are considered distasteful so in that respect I AM surprised that even the cardinal has given this match a green flag.
even when they are annulled by the church ?

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. Tooooooooooooooooooooo bad he is marrying before he meets the perfect girl. She's 24, noble, low profile, squeaky clean past, beautiful on the inside and outside, grounded,an avid social worker and a virgin.............. Never had a bf in her life ( says will marry whoever her parents choose for her ), almost too good to be true. We studied in college together.

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 374
imagen2.jpg

EN CASA DE TODOS
La futura esposa del Príncipe Felipe no tiene vínculos con la aristocracia, pero es un rostro sobradamente conocido para todos los españoles. Cada noche, a la hora de la cena, Letizia Ortiz entra en infinidad de hogares de la mano de TVE para dar cuenta de las noticias del día.
imagen5.jpg

En la imagen la vemos en una mezquita de Basora.
imagen6.jpg

:flower:

So she will one day be Queen Letizia of Spain

no M as the other crown princesses :p

some pictures

Attachments

• Letizia1Ortiz01.jpg
    Letizia1Ortiz01.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 372
Last edited by a moderator:
next........

Attachments