Engagement of Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: November 1, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How very romantic to say that you met your husband at an oil spill! :)

Thanks for the article!!! Has been a pleasure to read it.
She is an incredible woman and he is a very lucky man.:wub:

thanks Duncan, that was such good information, now I know Letizia a lot better too. thanks again because i am sure you had to translate.

it was the first time i saw Letizia in her fantastic white suit
and her sublime hair cut and face , her way to be , to express, to move , to look at people, family, journalist, .....her fiancé
it was on november2003
I found her just so sublime beautiful , this rarely mixt of sophistication and simplicity
so classy
so natural....As i wonder that a lot of people (me included) have forgotten to look at Felipe!!!!!

this woman is really sublime , stunning and this so many times before beeing a Princess

Last edited:
Letizia (asked about her future professional plans and if she's going to accompany Felipe on his voyages):
What I wish, what we intend to do is that I'll slowly leave TVE, not immediately.

Felipe wants to interfere.

Letizia:
... Let me finish...!

Felipe:
She will have enough work to do and will have very busy days.

I still enjoy the pics of their engagement presentation, one of Letizia's best and most natural appearances, she simply looked beautiful and full of energy.

However, reading her statement shows that she clearly did not know yet what she was getting into, contrary to Felipe, who tried to interfere to control the damage. As I recall she only went back to TVE once, to say goodbye. I wish she had not been critizised so much afterwards and maintained her fresh personality instead.

This may be a stupid question but, is the Almudena Cathedral used for average citizen's weddings?

well im happy for both of them and the inapproporiate cartoon i saw of them really got on my nerve okay i have this to ask does nt the spanish bourbon had a law that was written by carlos iii in 1776 [pragmatic sanction of 1776] that forbade the marriage of a spanish prince and a commoner and therefore if such marriage were to take place he or she must forfeit his or her right to the spanish line of succesion.well i accept the fact that letizia is a commoner but shes a DIVORCEE and you all know that spain is a 97% catholic country but it all went well hope they have a happy life

The pragmatic sanction, it is not a Law in effect ... it is not current.
Only they need the approval of the King and of the General Spanish Parliament ... without their permission, there might not have married the prince Philip. But the King and the Spanish Parliament said Yes.
Dor the wedding of a prince inheritor, this circumstance, is the only valid one
On the other hand, the princess is not a divorced woman, is a married lady, let's not forget it.

The catholic Church does not recognize the civil wedding, therefore, Letizia was a single woman when she married the prince....
Thousands of Spanish are divorced a year ... and the majority can that they are catholic which isthe problem? The Catholics we are not "extremist" in our expositions(approaches) it brings over of the religion...
No problem in the marriage(couple) of the princes of Asturias...
Everything is legal from the point of view of the Constitution and of the Church.

The pragmatic sanction, it is not a Law in effect ... it is not current.
Only they need the approval of the King and of the General Spanish Parliament ... without their permission, there might not have married the prince Philip. But the King and the Spanish Parliament said Yes.
Dor the wedding of a prince inheritor, this circumstance, is the only valid one
On the other hand, the princess is not a divorced woman, is a married lady, let's not forget it.

The catholic Church does not recognize the civil wedding, therefore, Letizia was a single woman when she married the prince....
Thousands of Spanish are divorced a year ... and the majority can that they are catholic which isthe problem? The Catholics we are not "extremist" in our expositions(approaches) it brings over of the religion...
No problem in the marriage(couple) of the princes of Asturias...
Everything is legal from the point of view of the Constitution and of the Church.
Thank you for clearing that up -- not being a Catholic and not keeping up with their laws, I appreciate as everyone seemed to have a different opinion.

well thank you for giving me a better understanding of the marriage like i've said before i hope they'll have a happy married life and be a good king and queen of espana .one of the reason i have brouht this subject was because in answers .com felipe and letizia was massion on a morganatic list of marriages and also in it was that king alfonso refuse to acknowledge his grandsons[sons of infante jaime duke of segovia]in line to the thone because their mother was not a princess.

Alfonso XIII, grandfather of our current king, married the granddaughter of the queen Victoria, but her treatment was of " The Most serene Highness " and was occupying the last positions(places) in the established by protocol army register between(among) all, I believe that 40 grandsons, of the queen Victoria.. It was not a morganatic marriage , that of Alfonso and Victoria Eugenia, but in the Spanish society one saw as a marriage " not between(among) be equal ", for what the king Alfonso had to ask to nominate "Ena" a royal princess, though resigning her death duties the British Wreath.Regardless it, the Spanish society always thought that this marriage was not adapted for a Spanish king, but it was perfectly valid.
The children of the kings Alfonso and Ena who had morganatic marriage were Alfonso and Jaime, for what they remained excluded from the succession to the Spanish Wreath, and hereby, there was designated successor, Don Juan de Borbón and Battenberg, father of our king...
( The deafness of the infante Jaime, also it influenced in order that his father was pressing him towards the resignation)

Then, prince Juan Carlos married a princess, for what D, Juan, Count of Barcelona, and infante of Spain, did not have problems in admitting the marriage as(like) very suitably... Let's not forget that the princess Sofía has royal blood from many generations behind.
If the brothers of D juan, had resigned for their morganatic marriages(c, the father of our king, it could not allowed that his only(unique) son male, was marrying anybody who was not a princess ... but all that changed with the Constitution of 1978.

In the article 57, point 4:
"
Those persons with a right of succession to the Throne who marry against the express prohibition of the King and the Cortes Generales, shall be excluded from succession to the Crown, as shall their descendants. "

The Royal Household of His Majesty the King_ Welcome

Last edited:
:previous:
Thanks Paty. It's a shame that these pics only come to light 5 years after the marriage. Apart from the amateurish engagement / wedding website that was full of bad agency photos, Zarzuela never bothered to publish an official engagement photo of the couple on casareal.es in HQ.

Thank you very much for these amazing photos!:flowers::flowers::flowers:
They´re so beautiful!!

These are new photos never seen before Hola published today.They show the privacy of a royal family.It is nice to see them so happy:flowers:

It's lovely to see how close Letizia and Sofia were back then. It's nice to see all of them very happy. I am glad they are allowed to show never before seen new pictures that is published in Hola magazine.:)

Letizia Was so fantastic this day, always smiling....When was the press-conference before or after this dinner (or lunch) ?

I think it was before the presentation because during the presentation they talked about the presents they presented to each other etc.

Two articles about how these private pictures could make their way into the tabloids - assumably with the help of an "insider".

Funny enough that Telma Ortiz' privacy rights are now being breached by the Royal House itself - but I doubt she will sue the King in this matter ;)

Noticias de famosos y últimas tendencias en Vanitatis.com

Duke, I know that you like Vanitatis a lot, and once their news are terrible. Again they have written several lies, say that Hola has not published photos of the grandparents and the aunt Henar, when they that day were not in Madrid. In the photos of Hola there appear the same persons who were in the Pardo Palace. Every day there are more incompetent journalists, that they look like more interested in inventing lies that in give information:nonono:

Duke, I know that you like Vanitatis a lot, and once their news are terrible. Again they have written several lies, say that Hola has not published photos of the grandparents and the aunt Henar, when they that day were not in Madrid. In the photos of Hola there appear the same persons who were in the Pardo Palace. Every day there are more incompetent journalists, that they look like more interested in inventing lies that in give information:nonono:

;)

The fact remains that these private pictures were published 5 years later under strange circumstances. Once again it makes casa real look awkward and amateurish when handling their PR issues.

So where are the people now who said that Letizia and Telma are maleducated for resting their elbows on the table? :rolleyes:

Two articles about how these private pictures could make their way into the tabloids - assumably with the help of an "insider".

Funny enough that Telma Ortiz' privacy rights are now being breached by the Royal House itself - but I doubt she will sue the King in this matter ;)

I bet the press thinks the "insider" is Letizia or any member of her family, huh? They blame her all the time anyway.

Telma Ortiz' privacy rights does not apply when she's in the capacity of being a family member of Princess Letizia in royal events or celebrations like weddings, christenings, etc. I believe that's what it says on her legal papers that she filed.

I bet the press thinks the "insider" is Letizia or any member of her family, huh? They blame her all the time anyway.

Telma Ortiz' privacy rights does not apply when she's in the capacity of being a family member of Princess Letizia in royal events or celebrations like weddings, christenings, etc. I believe that's what it says on her legal papers that she filed.

Only from Paloma B. What else can be expected from her ? So boring and predictable. Perhaps fans of Paloma should send this picture to her to see where Henar or the grandparents were. :cool::rolleyes:
http://www.diariodenavarra.es/especiales/bodareal/fotos/todos.jpg

;)

The fact remains that these private pictures were published 5 years later under strange circumstances. Once again it makes casa real look awkward and amateurish when handling their PR issues.

It's known that JC's communication department is too old and incompetent, nothing new here. Nice pictures though. What a waste if they have never been published.

Yes, Paloma has a strong obsession with the Princess. Curiously, the rest of journalists reject to the family of the Princess and believe that it has been someone of the Family of the King.

The journalists of the gossip are very boring, lately they have few topics to speak and the important and interesting prominent figures flee of them. So to speak about the Princess is a good option, it is cheap and gives a lot of money.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom