Discussion on Princess Letizia's Separate Agenda

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree. Zarzuela had wanted to find a balance that the heir would not be overshadowed by his wife, at the same time the Kings wouldn't be overshadowed by the Princes (this had been mentioned at Queen Sofia's recent book too).
I think the other main reason they had so many joint events is because they were very comfortable working together and obviously Felipe prefered this way (working together).
Most importantly, aside from Zarzuela's scheduling decisions, Felipe and Letizia seem to enjoy working together.

I have to say, it seems to make sense ensuring that that King is not outdone by the Prince and that the Prince is not outdone by the Princess. That indicates a hierarchy that is firmly in place. It may seem silly to some, but I think it really does seem to make sense.

When I look at Letizia I think of magic. I think she's a good mother as well. Letizia seems like a no nonsense kind of woman and in this day and age she is perfect for a Queen. She has to stand up as to lead amongst her many obligations as a force to be reckoned. She doesn't seem like she will be submissive but yet her natural beauty carries her and shows her feminine. She to me is a wonder at our threshold. She is intelligent and that will always enable her to respond to situations in a canny and charming way. She was an anchor woman before she met the Crown Prince and has a wealth of experience that will make her maybe one of the greatest persons to fill the role of the monarchy of Spain. We are in different times to our predecessors with all our technology and personally I find her to fit the shoe. I don't worry if she will be a good mother. I think she'll do just fine maternally. I just wish we could all have a chance to see her at one point. Maybe she will read about us through here, and that carries me. So I keep coming back to read and muse.

Penny Royalty I agree with you completely!! When my sister and I first saw her as a future wife of Prince Felipe we thought that they are a perfect couple. When you think about Princess Letizia you think about good education, perfect manners and experience. With every year she is more and more beautiful and there is something uniqe in her that make her so special. You can observe that even throuh pictures!

I think the same about her. For many people here in Spain, she is a cold and unpleasant person, but IMO she is a smart and proffesional woman. When I think in Letizia, I think in a word that define her to me: dignity.
Perhaps she isn´t the funniest princess, or the kindest, but I think she´ll be a great QUEEN in the meaning of that word.

A couple of journalists (ex. Jaime P) or some websites have been compaigning against her. In fact, they had been complaining just about anyone whose name linked to Felipe. Letizia had been very successful at the cut-throat media business, assertive and driven to success, so they couldn't call her 'dummy' like they did to 2nd or 3rd rated models, actresses or pijas never with a (stable) job, so she must be 'cold' or 'unpleasant' LOL :lol:.

Crown Princess Letizia is a usual woman trying to live her "a fish in a bowl" life. Nothing more, nothing else. She is not any better or worse than the current crop of Crown Princesses. I tend to think that her separate agenda would be of little or no significance to the image of the Spanish royal family. Crown Princess Letizia does what she is supposed to do, thereby earning her keep. Given specific distinctive features of each European monarchy, it would be wrong to compare agendas of Crown Princesses and determine the most hard-working/laziest Princess.

Given specific distinctive features of each European monarchy, it would be wrong to compare agendas of Crown Princesses and determine the most hard-working/lazy Princess.

I totally concur Al-bina. Trying to do so is only a unnecessary and complete waste of time.

Letizia's duties

Is it my imagination that Letizia seems to have a very heavy work load compared to the other Crown Princess's.
Perhaps Spain has more State engagements than the other countries, and she and Felipe attend them all.

Back
Top Bottom