The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Nobility

me pasame a letizia y toda su familia
i can't believe it !!

Old 02-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can anyone translate the article?

Old 02-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Courtier

This is absolutely horrible. May sher rest in peace. My condolences to the whole family, especially Carla and Letizia.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
the article said that the erika's death can be a suicide
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Nobility

Rest in pace, what a sad news
Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Let's keep in mind that the official cause of death is still unknown and that we need to respect the memory of this young woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
The article basically says that Erika was depressed about the end of her relationship with Antonio Vigo and stressed about being in the public eye. It says that the death probably happened at around 11 am since Antonio picked up Carla to take her to school at 9. It also says that although the official cause of death is unknown, people are saying that it was probably suicide.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
Serene Highness

heart breaking for everyone, especially her little girl. so sad and tragic, she was a beautiful young woman and now to be gone so suddenly. everyone must be crushed and in shock. horrible just so sad
Old 02-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

after to know the terrbiles news, some new photos of cristina with irene.

London Features International Ltd
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Aristocracy

It is very sad that she had passed away at such a young age, I guess we will not know what the cause of death was until the family feels comfortable telling the public. Erika's daughter will grow up without her, but she will have the love of both sides of her family to help her get through this unexpected death may Erika rest in peace and my condolences to her family.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Courtier

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who noticed this is yet another strange coincidence between the Danish and Spanish RFs.

The same day that Princess Alexandra announces her engagement is the same day that the SRF announces the death of the Princess of Asturias. Of course, it was most definately not planned this way, but with all of the other coincidences between these two royal houses occuring within weeks (weddings of the heirs, announcement of first pregnancies, births of the heir's heirs, announcement of second pregnancy) this one just adds to the list.

Has the king returned from Germany yet? I think it's very touching that Queen Sofia cried upon hearing the news. I don't know if it's very common for a mother-in-law to cry when she hears that her daughter-in-law's sister has died. To be sad, of course, but perhaps not crying. I've always admired Queen Sofia. I hope Letizia and her family are doing well. It's never a pleasant thing to lose your little sister :(
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 02-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

In any case, death is a sad and traumatic event, even when expected. When unexpected, even more compassion should be shown. Unfortunately for this family, Princess Letizia is in role that she is in, which will just bring more attention to this sad event. There is nothing in death that should reflect upon family members, and to speculate as to the cause or reason of death, will only bring more grief to the family. The members of the media are doing quite enough of that, and I would hope that the members of this forum are compassionate enough, no matter what their personal opinion of Princess Letizia, to offer their condolences, prayers, heartfelt wishes and thoughts to another human being at the sad time.

Just because other people (the media) wish to turn this into a circus does not mean that we as royal watchers need to join in. This is in the first instance, a very sad time for a family, much like ours, who are through birth or marriage thrust into a spot light that is very bright, and which we could scarcely understand. So lets be humane enough to be compassionate, not speculate and not add to the measlstrom going on.

The media only reacts to these stories because people crave them, and I would know since I work in public relations. I know that this is a subject of interest, but maybe tempering our interest with the same thoughts that we would were this a "normal" family, might help this family through this difficult time.

And in any case, lets not report on rumours, but on fact. And hopefully for this family that might remain private, as it should.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
She still loved very much the father of her daughter”
He didn't deserve her, whoever he was.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Courtier

shocking really
I don't understand why was she watched, and included in magazines she's not royalty or celebrity, because of her sister, so sad!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amina1
shocking really
I don't understand why was she watched, and included in magazines she's not royalty or celebrity, because of her sister, so sad!!!!
Unfortunately, some of the blame can be put on us "royal watchers."

In our desire to know EVERYTHING about a certain person, in this case, Letizia...it causes the press (the good and the bad) to dissect everything in that person (again Letizia's) life. Letizia married into the royal family...her family did not. We (again using the word loosely) don't need to know everything about Letizia, Mary's, Maxima's, etc. family. Who she dated, why the relationship didn't work, etc.

I hope that everyone honors Ericka's privacy in death as it was not honored in her life. I don't believe that the official cause of her death needs to be reported. Its no one's business but her family and I would hate for her little girl to read about the cause of her mothers death 10 to 20 years from now.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Heir Apparent

If the cause of her death is released, and reported in the media, it is likely that this little girls classmates parents will see it, discuss it in front of their children, etc, and the children can and will pick up on that. Thus making an untenable situation for this very young girl even worse. Children can be quite cruel, knowingly or not. And whether they would know it or not, repeating everything that their parents said in the hearing of Carla could only make this situation worse for the little girl. I agree, no need for this to be reported.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:03 PM
Nobility

My condolences to the family, I'm really shocked and nobody deserves to die so young, I believe Antonio Vigo is a nice guy, just give him some time, the relationship didn't worked out and that's it but even though they are strongs rumors about suicide the reallity is that is nobody's fault (if true) and he's such a good father.

I just can imagine how is this family feeling right now and is really really a sad situation for Paloma as a mother, for Jesus as a father, for everyone and specially for the little Carla. Rest in Peace.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Courtier

Alot of news sources are saying that Erika and Antonio were married, but some others say they weren't. Were they?
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Commoner

My thoughts and prayers are with the Ortiz family during this sad and tragic time. May Erika rest in peace.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
If the cause of her death is released, and reported in the media, it is likely that this little girls classmates parents will see it, discuss it in front of their children, etc, and the children can and will pick up on that. Thus making an untenable situation for this very young girl even worse. Children can be quite cruel, knowingly or not. And whether they would know it or not, repeating everything that their parents said in the hearing of Carla could only make this situation worse for the little girl. I agree, no need for this to be reported.
Well hopefully the little girl's family will tell her how her mommy died before its released to the press whether the cause is natural or unnatural. Even if its suicide which we don't know, I know of one case where young children have been told that their parents have committed suicide and its tough but they survive.

Given the tendency for the press to report every little detail true or untrue, I sincerely hope the family doesn't think they're doing the little girl a favor by shielding her from knowing. I think whatever the cause of death, with the vociferousness of the press, she will find out anyway and this is not the type of stuff you want little girls to first find out from a newspaper or overhearing an adult's conversation.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Aristocracy

oh my...such a tragic event, my condolences

Closed Thread