The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Aristocracy

This is shocking news. My heart goes to the whole family.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

A funeral car arrived at 16:10 hours from afternoon to the building where Erika Ortiz resided, deceased this morning in the same house that inhabited Princess Letizia until she was transferred to the Palace of the Zarzuela. Numerous peculiar and professional of mass media waited the arrival of this car, that will be in charge to transfer the rest of the little sister of Doña Letizia Ortiz, foreseeably, to the Anatomical Forensic Institute of Madrid. Neighbors of this building left their houses to wait in the street the exit of the instruction judge and, later, the arrival of the funeral car. Before the journalists, they admitted the "surprise and sadness" that had caused to them to know the news the death of Erika, to which they defined as "a likeable and pleasant" person.

Un coche funenario llega al edificio donde residía Erika Ortiz - Yahoo! Noticias

The Prime Minister has extended his condolances to the royal family on the loss of the sister of the Princess of Asturias. He also asked that the journalists give the Ortiz-Rocasolano family the "maximum respect" as they are going through this difficult time.
Zapatero transmite su pésame a la Familia Real por la muerte de Erika Ortiz - Yahoo! Noticias

Old 02-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Erika Ortiz, youngest sister of Spain's Princess Letizia, dies at 31

MADRID, Spain: The youngest sister of Spain's Princess Letizia has died in Madrid at 31, the Royal Palace said on... source and full article

Update: Sister Of Spain's Princess Letizia Dies Mysteriously

Erika Ortiz Rocasolano, a younger sister of Spain's future queen Letizia, died Wednesday in Madrid at age 31, the royal palace announced. The Ortiz family asked for "respect and prudence." The cause of death was not given. source and full article

Mystery death of Princess Letizia's sister shocks Royals (intresting)

MADRID — Erika Ortiz, sister of Princess Letizia, died on Wednesday, a spokesman for the Spanish Royal Family said.
The 31-year-old was found dead in the Madrid house which she shared with her sister Letizia before she married.source and article
Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

The rise of the corpse of Erika Ortiz was carried out by the guard judge number 12 of Madrid, that arrived at the address from the deceased to 14:40 hours and it left fifty minutes later.
At 16:10 hours of afternoon, a funeral car and a van of the funeral services of Madrid arrived at the address, in Valdebernardo, he himself floor in which Letizia Ortiz lived until it contracted marriage with Prince de Asturias.

Fallece en su domicilio Erika Ortiz, hermana menor de la Princesa de Asturias
Old 02-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

I feel really shocked...
All my thoughts go to CP Letizia's family...
Old 02-07-2007, 11:24 AM
Aristocracy

Mi mas sentido pesame Alteza
Old 02-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Courtier

VIDEO- Aqui hay tomate (Telecinco)

Old 02-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Commoner

What a terrible loss, I can't stop crying for the loss of such a young life
Old 02-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Serene Highness

What tragic news! My condolences to all the families that have been affected by this tragedy.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Courtier

What tragic news .. This is so unfair, she was so young .. My condolences to the family. Poor Letizia and her family, and most of all poor Carla :( This is terrible !

Rest In Peace.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Royal Highness

Such sad news. My condolence to the family.
I'm very sad. Rest in peace.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Commoner

just so sad.
no words to describe how the family must feel.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Serene Highness

OH MY GOSH!!!! How very sad for the entire family. My thoughts and prayers go out to them, especally little Carla. I lost a brother by accident and know the shock that a family experiences, may God be with them at all times.
I feel really bad for the Princess and her entire family. What a shock for someone who was so young. Rest in Peace Erika.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent

My condolences to her family, particularly her little girl, Carla. I cannot imagine what her family must be going through.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm so incredibly shocked, it's so unfair... Poor woman was so young! And her Carla is so small, she doesn't know anything at the moment...

My deepest sympathy for Erika's parents and the whole family. Poor Letizia, she is pregnant and now she has to overcome the worst moments in her life... It's just can't be put into words, I still can't believe...

Old 02-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Heir Apparent

The mortal rest of Erika Ortiz, transferred to the Anatomical Institute Forense of Madrid

The mortal rest of Erika Ortiz, smaller sister of Princess de Asturias, have been transferred from their residence in the Madrilenian district of Vicálvaro to the Anatomical Institute Forense of Madrid, where a autopsy will be made to him.
After a judge of instruction, accompanied by two members of the national body of Police, personara in the house where Erika lived Ortiz --the same one that inhabited its sister until it was transferred to the Palace of the Zarzuela-- in order to come to the rise of the corpse, she arrived until same a funeral car.
That car was in charge to transfer the corpse of Erika Ortiz until the Anatomical Institute Forense, where it arrived behind schedule around the 17 hours from this.

http://www.fuerteventuradigital.com/...07&hora=173312
Old 02-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Courtier

I understand she had been suffering from depression for some time. What exactly did she die of ?
Old 02-07-2007, 12:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

well if she was depressed because of her divorce is quite normal that she perphaps have suicide herself! Although I think that if she has a daugther is a bit strange that she could do such a thing!We cannot know for sure!
Courtier

I feel for the family and Princess. my heart goes out to them for their loss.
I hope that the rumors are not true and she was not suffering from depression and committed suicide.
whatever the cause, I hope she is at peace now. And I'm glad that the Princess has a strong bond with her husband and his family. She and the new baby will need all thier strength to deal with her sorrow.
My brother was 30 when he passed away from Aids, and to have a life taken away at such a young age hurts deep.
Royal Highness

My condolences to her family