The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
This video is unbearable!

I can't accept that the distress of people - in this case the Ortiz Rocasolano family and in paticular the Princess of Asturias- served on basis for a very bad synopsis eye catching.

The dolor has to be respected!, the so sound distress of the Princess has to be respected! , this tragedy has tobe respected!... We are not at Hollywood!

I have some difficulties to understand this so penible thread, I have the feeling that the colective unconsciousis very injured by this tragedy and that every body needs to speak about his own experience.

I have too some trubbles to read general discussions about Catholic Church.
It's an horrible tragedy, we can do one thing: GIVE CONDOLENCE to respect the so deep ditress that we have just to see. I'm totally sick!
The photographers jumping all over Telma's car was a parallel of Prrincess Diana's death moments. Absolutely no privacy given.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Heir Apparent

[quote=adelaide]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/3793/thumbli8.jpg
[/quote ]

Tragic pic, Crisiñaki and many thanks to shar this photo with us.

Please have you others pics from Face to Face, generally speaking thy are quite good as those of Getty.
I wish I didn't have to do this, but here they are

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3659/thumbee3.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/2433/thumbja2.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/1066/thumblb7.jpg
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7001/thumbmb5.jpg
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3658/thumbdb5.jpg

Old 02-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Gentry

my heart goes out them..
Old 02-13-2007, 06:17 AM
Aristocracy

Independent Online Edition > Europe

I am sorry for Princess and her family
Old 02-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

[quote=crisiñaki]
Many thinks for this so terrific pics! I have a lot of diffictulties to watch at the so terrible pain of the families Ortiz-Rocasolano, the Princess of Asturias make me sick by her so deep distress. I know I repeat me so much but I ddon't beleive that in this kind of event it's necessary to be original!

Thanks again, dear Crisiñaki.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I cannot understand why Erika Ortiz has a timid person that hated the constant attention her elder sister's position brought her, submit her to an interview/talk with jounalist that she migth know that could be publish!!! That will only call the attentions more to her!
Old 02-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK
I also saw Princess Cristina BTS and her hubby, Simoneta and her hubby at the funeral too. Anyone saw Betran and Laura ?
I didn't see any pics of Beltran, but his presence was mentioned in one of the articles.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy

I can not understand as you question like was and what she did when she is dead. The best thing than you would have to do is to respect.

It seems incredible to me as they matter to them plus a “interview” that she did and question if she did it good or bad; when most important is than her family is destroyed.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Nobility

I feel terrible for Letizia and her family and of course Felipe at this time. But to think the press was set up by the palace to me is rediculous. This was a funeral of a private citizen. If the press wanted to find it they would no matter what. To me the press did not have to go as far as they did to get pictures of the family. The reason they did is because people like on this forum and others will read it and this will sell their papers unfortunately gossip sells as does tragedy. The prss feeds the monster which unfortunately is the publics need to know.

I think maybe we should question why this site is filled with pictures that are upsetting to us all. Was it really necessary to post every picture of this family in their grief? When do we as the public draw the line and go this is wrong.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Sorry to you all , but I do not understand why we are "fighting".

Nobody doubts about the genuiness of their feelings, their pain and their tears. Letizia, her family, but ALSO the SRF are human beings, so they fully feel joy, hapiness but also sadness.

On the other side, the SRF (as most of the RF) knows and has accepted that their life is public, their hapiness but also their pain. Letizia, when she entered to this family, she accepted also this, otherwise she should have refused.

Do you think that if they really wanted to make the mass private they were unable to do it? No. They could have establish a security perimeter around the church, arrive into special cars with black windows. and be protected by a wall when entering and leaving the church. But they did'nt.
They knew that press would be here and they did nothing to stop them, they accepted people's presence, of course in a certain distance.

I think WE are more shocked than them, of the press presence, they are used to, since a long long time ago. And is an hypocricy to say that we are shocked, while we are all members of this Forum. If someone is really shocked, he has to switch off the browser for this site and NEVER go in again. We are all expecting news, pictures, we are discussing and commenting. Since people than us exist, it will always be photographs who spent their time to take pics. They are SELLING them because they exist direct or indirect buyers.

When seing pictures of the family mourning, I feel miserable, sorry and sad for them, I have empathy for them, but I do not feel guilty of anything, they are public persons and they were outside. I would not agree if some reporters had gone into Letizia's bedroom when she was crying for Erica, this is a violation, but entering a Church, sorry, it is not a violation, and most of the RF they do not feel as a violation.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Commoner

I think we don´t have to feel guilty. We´ve all seen, or most of us, other Royals grieving: when Princess Grace of Monaco passed away, Lady Di and so on. We are happy when we see they´ve had a baby or they get married and we enjoy the pics. And we are very sad when we see them hurting and do not enjoy the pics but they are out there anywhere. I am not saying whether the press should or shouldn´t do this but this is the way it is.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I would like also to say that I found the attitude of the SRF very very human.
The image of infanta Elena helping Letizia's granfather to walk, is precious. They are Kings, they could have asked to someone of their staff to help Letizia's family, but NO. Sofia was holding Paloma, and Elena the grandfather.
They are really the BEST royal family.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
The image of infanta Elena helping Letizia's granfather to walk, is precious. They are Kings, they could have asked to someone of their staff to help Letizia's family, but NO. Sofia was holding Paloma, and Elena the grandfather.
I agree. Absolutely.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

from Aqui hay tomate (Telecinco)

VIDEO:
Old 02-13-2007, 01:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Totally agree also. And again I say that my opinion only grows better of Elena over time. I think that she was definately inherited great qualities from her parents, you can really see he depth of compassion during the ceremonies for Erika. What a wonderful sister-in-law to have at a time like this. And again I say that my prayers are with Erika's family and friends in this time of dispair.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm
from Aqui hay tomate (Telecinco)

VIDEO:

This video, once more time, is the proof of the inadecuate work of the press. Please, can you expalin me why they have pics about the meeting of Erika Ortiz and a man, how did they catched this view whithout to stay behind her all ays long. It's totally indecent!!!!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Aristocracy

That is a tragic news. My sincere condolences to Her Royal Highness and to her family.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Point de Vue, the French magazine about royalty, gives its cover to Letizia with plenty of pix mainly close-ups of her at the funeral
Old 02-14-2007, 12:43 PM
Commoner

This is very tragic for the Princess and her family and especially for little Carla. I've lost my mother when I was 30, who was my best friend, and one part of me will be always missing. I can not even imagine how that little girl feels, especially with all these paparazzis chasing her around.

My deepest condolonces to Carla, Princess Letizia and rest of the family!
Old 02-14-2007, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent

This thread is closed.

Now that all possible information about this tragic event have been posted, there is no further need for it.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread