The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
What does Letizia say in the YouTube video?
she's talking about abusing pills and a campaign made by the Health Minister
you'd never know in life, you just never know

Old 02-12-2007, 06:28 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
I talked about the photos of the little Carla .… where can I see them?
The only pics of Carla I´ve seen (prior to her mom´s death) are at this week issue of HOLA and LECTURAS. Haven´t bought the other magazines.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon
in face to face you can see the photos of carla with her grandmother and her dad
What is face to face?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
What is face to face?
A photos agency exactly as Getty or Corbis
Old 02-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Nobility

I think the other royals stayed away out of respect, because I think if they came it would be even more of a media circus than it is. How hard it must be for Letizia´s family not to be able to grieve in private, and I fear that it is a real wake-up call for Letizia on how different her life really is now and how it affects those around her. She looks so exhausted, like others have said just empty. It´s great that Telma is there now, as she is the only other person who understands what Letizia is going through. I imagine Felipe is very concerned to see his wife so distressed. It is very heart-warming to see the love and tenderness by the SRF at this time, and I´m sure it´s very much appreciated by Erika´s family. RIP Erika.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Rest in Peace.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:05 AM
Majesty

why would there be other royals at the funeral then these of the spanish royal family.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
why would there be other royals at the funeral then these of the spanish royal family.
Your are totally right. It's a tragedy for the family of the Princess and the Royal Family is only touched inderectly.

As the Princess ask, no authorities neither orther people than the family and the friends. It's an intimate and private ceremony....so, so sad!
Old 02-12-2007, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
Do you have PROVE of that¿
I'm not Naut2bGrimaldi, but I guess I can answer the question too... You can check it, by reading the Canonic Code of 1973. Although the old Code used to prohibit people who commited suicide to receive a religious funeral (CDC 1241, 1,3), that rule has disappeared in te new Canonic Code.
Generally, suicide is considered by the Catholic Church as a deranged act that is justified by a loss of conscience and by physical or mental illness. Morally, it's still considered a sin (against the sanctity of life and the Fifth Commandment), but
the Church prefers now a "social prophylaxis", to liberate the person, the families and the society from the circumstances that had lead him/her to suicide.
Also the 1997 Catecism states that, being suicide a not fully conscious act, it may not be morally culpable: "Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide".

Old 02-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
I've tried not to cry by seeing Letizia's photos and the one with sister Telma was too sad. Broke in tears.
Alos would like to say to Elsa M. (it's not a personnal critic) that four years ago, my uncle (I live in France) committed suicide because her wife left him and took away his little boy. The pastor refused a simple mess and even a little prayer was refused. So don't make me laugh with the misery and the compassion of the catholic church. Maybe that pastor was rude or stupid, bu we were also a suffering family.
I´m with you, Lisa. My father left (abandoned us) when I was a kid so he asked for divorce and my mom didn´t want it but as years passed by he got it by Law. The whole neighborhood knew about it and the first time she went to church the pastor didn´t allow her to take Christ´s body (I don´t the English word for that thing they put in your mouth). It has horrible. She felt so so very bad, like a black sheep. I think the catholic church is a bunch of hipocrites. My two cents from my experince.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Alos would like to say to Elsa M. (it's not a personnal critic) that four years ago, my uncle (I live in France) committed suicide because her wife left him and took away his little boy. The pastor refused a simple mess and even a little prayer was refused. So don't make me laugh with the misery and the compassion of the catholic church. Maybe that pastor was rude or stupid, bu we were also a suffering family.
Well, you are reading beyond my lines!

Actually, I never said anything about the Catholic Church's misery or compasion!... Actually, I'm very critical about it!

If you took the care of reading my posts, ypu would see that I simply presented what the documents say about the official position of the Catholic Church. If there's anything I may be proud of is of trying to be intellectually honest. Many senseless things were said here about cremation, burial and suicide and I simply made two informative posts, providing a historic background about cremation, burial and suicide, within the Spanish Christian culture and laic laws.

If I state one thing, I try to back up my statements with the official sources for it. It doesn't mean I'm defending the Catholic Church, nor that I agree with its actions and attitudes... not even that what the priests do is what the cupula writtes on its folios...

So please, do not attack me, because I'm only a person who likes to read, before open its mouth!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Arrow

some tv captures
http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/4...icture2sq8.png
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6...icture1cr0.png
http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/4...icture6hg0.png
Old 02-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.

So please, do not attack me, because I'm only a person who likes to read, before open its mouth!
I was not attacking you at all. I was telling what happened to my mom. I apreciate your knowledge about it, I was only giving my opinion.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

From Aqui hay tomate (Telecinco)

VIDEO:
Old 02-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Aristocracy

That's true Catholic church is mors comprehensive that she was. I think it depends of the pastor. Some of them are more closer with people than others.
In each country pator's reactions are differents and rituels are different to.
Whathever happens I think the role of the church an for her the pastor is to support the family.
I hope Letizia's family will find peace and support in the prayers if they are looking for.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Letizia's grandmother seams really bad!!!Now life must go on for them!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Can someone please post a link to the pictures of Carla on face to face I wasn't able to find them
Old 02-12-2007, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm
From Aqui hay tomate (Telecinco)

VIDEO:
This video is unbearable!

I can't accept that the distress of people - in this case the Ortiz Rocasolano family and in paticular the Princess of Asturias- served on basis for a very bad synopsis eye catching.

The dolor has to be respected!, the so sound distress of the Princess has to be respected! , this tragedy has tobe respected!... We are not at Hollywood!

I have some difficulties to understand this so penible thread, I have the feeling that the colective unconsciousis very injured by this tragedy and that every body needs to speak about his own experience.

I have too some trubbles to read general discussions about Catholic Church.
It's an horrible tragedy, we can do one thing: GIVE CONDOLENCE to respect the so deep ditress that we have just to see. I'm totally sick!
Old 02-12-2007, 01:30 PM

That video shows 2 things. 1) That we live in a sick world where the suffering of others makes good news coverage and 2) That Queen Sofia is astounding in her compassion for others. I mean, what kind of a world is this where a woman who has just lost her sister has to be photographed 3,000 times? For all the respect the press showed Letizia, they might as well have danced on Erika's grave. It's just sickening. And all this arguing about the Catholic Church - does it matter? Letizia has lost her sister and bereavement comes without denomination.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
As some other people wrote some of the royals are also good friends of Felipe - some people were wondering why they weren´t there, to give support to a friend. But in reality it really isn´t important which royals were there and which not and their reasons for coming or not...

Closed Thread