The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
It's an interview she gave on june 9th 2004, she talks about herself, her family, her job, her daughter.. that lasted 4 hours.. that's why it's "cuatro horas con Erika Ortiz"

An interesting fact about that interview that I didn't know is that she spoke 4 languages, spanish, italian, english and german ..
It is not an interview, in rather a meeting deprived with a journalist. In the own article, it is said, that Erika agrees to speak with her, but under the condition of that her words were not published as an interview.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

In my opinion if she is not a known public person why she gave an interviwe to a journalist? Let me explain better, everyone told that this shlould be a private funeral because she was not a public person, a member of the oryal family so why expose herserlf? Her sister didn't do that?

Old 02-11-2007, 04:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bravo to the royal family for their support of Letizia and her family at this time! Especially Elena, taking Letizia's grandfather's hand - what a wonderful gesture. Also, many people have asked about Christiana, but doesn't she live in Barcelona? Not to mention, she has 4 children to care for. I can totally understand why she's not there.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
It is not an interview, in rather a meeting deprived with a journalist. In the own article, it is said, that Erika agrees to speak with her, but under the condition of that her words were not published as an interview.
That's what it says.. no quotations, not bolds nor italics.. but actually there's a lot of quotations on the meeting.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
Bravo to the royal family for their support of Letizia and her family at this time! Especially Elena, taking Letizia's grandfather's hand - what a wonderful gesture. Also, many people have asked about Christiana, but doesn't she live in Barcelona? Not to mention, she has 4 children to care for. I can totally understand why she's not there.
Yes, Cristina and family live in Barcelona. I find it very, very nice that she and Iñaki managed to be with Leti and her family on Thursday; the notice of the death was surely the shock for them, they had to leave their work and the kids with nannies.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari_*
That's what it says.. no quotations, not bolds nor italics.. but actually there's a lot of quotations on the meeting.
Yes, but it was a private conversation, not an interview ... another thing is that deceased Erika the journalist has decided to break what promised.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Commoner

I have not seen a picture of Letizia with her grandmother Menchú Alvarez at the funeral......Though they are very close.....
Old 02-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

[quote=lis]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unlikeanygirl

Kubrat and Constantin of Bulgaria were there, they are very close to the princes
I wonder if it was such a short notice only royals living nearby could travel to attend. The Bulgarian Royals (like the Greek Royals) have strong ties with Spain so it's kind of their adopted home away from home. If they have residences in Spain it would make it easier to travel than a 'seated' Royal family that has to go to all kinds of protocol and security for their visits.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Galerías de imágenes=

It was posted before but I think that it doesn't need words...

R.I.P. Erika Ortiz Rocasolano.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Royal Highness

Magnik, Letizia looks exhausted! What a nightmare for someone who, like Caroline of Monaco, lives with cameras zooming on her every emotion. She looks straight at the lense as if there was not a tear left for her to give. Penafiel might not have approved of her as a Royal Consort, but Letizia has proven under this crisis she was born for the job. Princess Leonor and Erika's daugther have a great role model in her to find strenght in times of crisis.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude
It is quite logical that they could not be yesterday in Madrid because they live in Barcelona
Old 02-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buggs
I have not seen a picture of Letizia with her grandmother Menchú Alvarez at the funeral......Though they are very close.....
Menchu was with Jesus (it seems that Jesus always was coming first to receive the people), and his wife Ana, also there were Henar and her daughter Claudia. It is normal that Letizia was dealing more of the mother family, her mother is alone, and her grandparents are delicate of health, and they have problems to walk (her grandmother is almost always in house, and her grandfather had problems of hip this summer).
Old 02-11-2007, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Menchu was with Jesus (it seems that Jesus always was coming first to receive the people), and his wife Ana, also there were Henar and her daughter Claudia. It is normal that Letizia was dealing more of the mother family, her mother is alone, and her grandparents are delicate of health, and they have problems to walk (her grandmother is almost always in house, and her grandfather had problems of hip this summer).
I think her granmother has view problems. I do not think she sees well.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I think her granmother has view problems. I do not think she sees well.
Yes, she has a problem of vision, always she takes sunglasses, and walks with many problems, always they help her.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Yes, she has a problem of vision, always she takes sunglasses, and walks with many problems, always they help her.
Thanks

it should be so dramatical. Old, sick, and your 30 years grandaughter dies
Old 02-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Courtier

From Hola!

Galerías de imágenes
Old 02-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Royal Highness

So the funeral is today, i think that is in the other day. So let me see if i am correct, In the other day the famel assist the cremation of erika and today they go to the funeral. Correct???
Well, Letizia look a litle beter in this photos, but is still being hard for all the famely.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...l-erika-7a.jpg

I think this picture says it all (picture courtesy of Hola)
Old 02-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Letizia's look is lost .. it's a very heart breaking picture ..
Old 02-11-2007, 08:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...l-erika-7a.jpg

I think this picture says it all (picture courtesy of Hola)
it's the picture that just breaks your heart. personally, i don't think that Letizia is looking at the camera at all. looking more closely, you can see that her eyes don't really looking at anything at all; it's totally empty and absent from any focus what's so ever. it's like her mind is in a completely different planet while her sorry lifeless body stay behind........

i've been holding my tongue on this particular difficult/controversial? subjuct till now. if Erika envisioned how her families, especial her little daughter, would'd've been affected by her action, would it have had made her think twice before taking the action?

in the end, it's always those who are left behind suffer the most, and longest..........

Closed Thread