The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Courtier

Arrow

From La Razon

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/8695/portadado9.jpg

Old 02-11-2007, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

its really nice to see how the spanish royal family have been very supportive and have been present at all times, thats so nice of them all.
Thank you all for the pictures, worth a thousand words, very sad

Old 02-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

The photo of La Razon is terrible, very sad. Let's hope that now already they stop to the family a bit calm
Old 02-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlikeanygirl
JWhere there no other royals there?
I mean, not for representation of country but friendship. I would have liked to see Prince Fredrick there as he is a good friend of Prince Felipe and it is his wife's sister who died. Same with Prince Haakon maybe. Not in any royal capacity but just friendship.
The funeral is a private family event, only relatives and friends of Ortiz-Rocasolano family or friends of Erika were invited. Fredrick or Haakon is Felipe's friend, not a friend of Letizia, they probably knew nothing about Erika.
I'm surprised not seeing Betran and Laura.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily
I cried when the Prince took Letizia's Grandfather's hand to help him as they were walking to the car.
i agree emily, it was so emotive. i thought it was a really nice gesture of the prince considering the age of francisco. moreover, in the video they mention that he fainted during the funeral. i have the impression he must be an adorable man, i doubt he would be helped so much by the prince and elena if he weren't.

although some people thought that paloma was the most affected one in both ceremonies, i think letizia was. it is also understandable, not only because her sister died, but because of all the pressure of the press during
this days (and during her life as well) because of her being married to the prince.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Gentry

Especially considering that when they entered that rude guy from the organization didn't allow Felipe to take grandma Enriqueta's arm and he had to enter the church alone. Apparently at the exit the organization had learnt the lesson.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:15 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by catango
Jaime Peñafiel is hateful with Princess Letizia, He is makin money because of her, He is trying to be congenial with the republican people, but it went wrong, Republican, hate him, so He is emetic, hateful, stupid, cold, and a lier.

said well!

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 02-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you for the pictures. I just hope that the press will leave them alone for a while, so the family has time to mourn Erika's death. Queen SOfia is amazing. What an incredibly sweet, supportive women. SHe's just great.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:57 AM
Commoner

Everytime I have looked at the photos, I can't help but tear up. The pain in Letizia's eyes is overwhelming.

DianeE
Old 02-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Courtier

my heart and prayers are with the princess and her family. It is never easy losing a love one, especially when it's so sudden.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness

Four hours with Erika Ortiz:
Cuatro horas con Erika Ortiz | elmundo.es

The Language

Old 02-11-2007, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

The video showing the Queen leaving and embracing Letizia touched me so much. There is clear affection between everyone in this family and Letizia has touched so many with her emotion.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Penafiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanprincipesasturi
said well!
I do not understand Spanish, but from what I read traslated from Penafiel, I do not had the opinion taht he does not like especially Letizia.
Penafiel carrys the older mentality that a future King SHOULD marry a a royal born woman, or at least an high aristocrat. King Juan Carlos married a King's daughter, King Kostantin also, etc etc. This opinion is still shared by thousand of people, and Penafiel just expresses it. He does not dislike Letizia, I've read even in a French Magazine that recognizes Letizia behavioring very well ti her role, JUST HE DOES NOT ACCEPT her family origins for a future Queen, but this kind of debate will never close, we have all our different opinions.
NOW for Erica, what did Penafiel say so horrible? Can someone translate?
Thanks
Old 02-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

There are forms and ways of expressing opinions, and Peñfiel is a merciless man, without heart and without dignity.

He does not like Letiza, perfectly. But it does not justify the harassment, the lie, the insult, the manipulation, the absolute lack of respect to a person. It does not justify the assault permanently to a family, only for being a normal family, which has had a normal life, which has gained itself the life of a worthy form.

For my Peñafiel already he was totally unworthy, from that day in which he was criticizing Letizia for visiting his grandparents in Asturias; when a journalist warned him of that the grandfather of the Princess had dead, admitted that he knew that the man was sick with cancer. All that in television in less than 5 minutes. Outrageous.

I believed that it Peñafiel was not going to overcome it, but it seems that he has overcome it. I have not wanted to read it, but if I have read on what the press has commented on the topic.

Summarizing. Letizia is the culprit of the death of her sister because she must never have married the Prince, and her family is not to the height ploughs to assimilate it.

How if in the history of theBorbones, for very Royal Family that they are, had not died tragic and strange.
Another day a journalist was writing, that Peñafiel has covered his limit of barbarities, that when he dies the people go to say that he poisoned himself on having bitten his tongue.

Opossitely, to what Peñafiel says, for many people in this occasion the Ortiz Rocasolano has showed great dignity and education, from the Princess of Asturias, capable of going to the press, up to a 6-year-old Carla whom her father was encouraging to walk with the high head.
The digndad does not remove in the blue blood, goes in the person.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Serene Highness

Foro Real

The Language

Old 02-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
There are forms and ways of expressing opinions, and Peñfiel is a merciless man, without heart and without dignity.

He does not like Letiza, perfectly. But it does not justify the harassment, the lie, the insult, the manipulation, the absolute lack of respect to a person. It does not justify the assault permanently to a family, only for being a normal family, which has had a normal life, which has gained itself the life of a worthy form.

For my Peñafiel already he was totally unworthy, from that day in which he was criticizing Letizia for visiting his grandparents in Asturias; when a journalist warned him of that the grandfather of the Princess had dead, admitted that he knew that the man was sick with cancer. All that in television in less than 5 minutes. Outrageous.

I believed that it Peñafiel was not going to overcome it, but it seems that he has overcome it. I have not wanted to read it, but if I have read on what the press has commented on the topic.

Summarizing. Letizia is the culprit of the death of her sister because she must never have married the Prince, and her family is not to the height ploughs to assimilate it.

How if in the history of theBorbones, for very Royal Family that they are, had not died tragic and strange.
Another day a journalist was writing, that Peñafiel has covered his limit of barbarities, that when he dies the people go to say that he poisoned himself on having bitten his tongue.

Opossitely, to what Peñafiel says, for many people in this occasion the Ortiz Rocasolano has showed great dignity and education, from the Princess of Asturias, capable of going to the press, up to a 6-year-old Carla whom her father was encouraging to walk with the high head.
The digndad does not remove in the blue blood, goes in the person.
Thanks a lot. Translated Penafiel is never soo hard....
I understand what do you mean. According to him Letizia should never had exist..........
Ha Ha Ha, awful joke, but imagine Felipe having married Mette-Maritt. Penafiel would have died from a heart attack....
Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Thanks a lot. Translated Penafiel is never soo hard....
I understand what do you mean. According to him Letizia should never had exist..........
Ha Ha Ha, awful joke, but imagine Felipe having married Mette-Maritt. Penafiel would have died from a heart attack....
He will die poisoned by himself.

Poor he must have a shok after seeing Letizia's attitude, and the response that has had this attitude for a big part of the press. In one of the worst moments of her life, but the worst, has been Letizia, but also she has been the Princess of Asturias.
Old 02-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

After seing these new pics and videos, I still feel that Letizia is by far the most touched by this tragedy.
She looks desperate
Old 02-11-2007, 10:50 AM
Serene Highness

this is mr.jaime peñafiel ¿señor?

jaime peñafiel it attacks Mariángel journalist not to follow its line ideological. In the discussion is discovered that Jaime Peñafiel considered very interesting to go to the huntings organized by Franco, to which denominates 'Jefe del estado'.

The Language

Old 02-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

The King wasn't at the funeral?
Probably because he already attended the service on thursday ..