The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #521  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
merce76's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Marbella, Spain
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
When will this take place. Is it different to that which we saw on thursday?
Yes, it´s a different place. How horrible for them to go through that with all the press in there again. I send them all my love and strength in this difficult time.
I hope it´s not going to be aired on TV, I mean live
__________________

  #522  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 PM
merce76's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Marbella, Spain
Posts: 44
Thanks for the tip about the address. It is very much apreciated.
__________________

  #523  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Costa, Spain
Posts: 90
The royal house press service can be really amazing. So, on a Friday around midnight, its workers were watching a silly program ridiculously named "Where Are You, My Heart?", they didn't like what they heard and they decided to send a fax. I wonder if this is the kind of information policy followed by royal houses everywhere.

I forgot to say that, according to the Antena 3 journalist, yesterday's surprise communiqué ended with these mysterious words:

"The Princess has been a princess and a sister at all times"
  #524  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:35 PM
merce76's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Marbella, Spain
Posts: 44
Duncan, I do agree with you. But tonight there´s another silly program on TV similar to the one you mention... guess what they´ll be talking about
  #525  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
I'm, however, some how chocked by the fact that she was incinerated, is not our custom at all although it has become somehow "popular" on the last years.
It's becoming more and more usual.
In Europe, burial became the most usual rite after the arriving of Christianity, mostly because that was the rite applied to Jesus Christ and also because it's more according to our believe in the final resurrection. For some time, cremation was associated with antireligion (mostly because it was reintruduced by the French Revolution), and the Catholic Church even prohibited it through the Canonic Code of 1917, but once the antireligious conotation passed, the Church has fully accepted cremation for catholics (even if still showing some preference for burial). The RCE establishes that, in case of cremation, the rites (which are usually done inside the chapel or near the grave) can happen inside the crematory room, as well.

As for suicide, the Catholic Church used not to allow those who commit suicide to recieve religious rites. During the middle ages (when the graves were placed inside the church) those who deliberately had committed suicide had to be taken outside holly soil. But it doesn't happen abymore. I read someone saying here that suicides cannot be buried in the catholic cemitery... so I would like to remember that cemiteries are not religious, but municipal places, opened to everybody... there's no such thing as Catholic cemiteries...
Anyway, that old canonic rule had disappeared in the new CDC of 1973, although a certain irregularity persists (vd. CDC 1041,5; 1044, 1).
  #526  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by merce76
Yes, it´s a different place. How horrible for them to go through that with all the press in there again. I send them all my love and strength in this difficult time.
I hope it´s not going to be aired on TV, I mean live
Thanks for that I agree I hope the press will leave them alone
  #527  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Costa, Spain
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by merce76
Duncan, I do agree with you. But tonight there´s another silly program on TV similar to the one you mention... guess what they´ll be talking about
Well, let's see if the royal house also watches "Saturday Sweet Life" until 2 a.m. and sends another shocking communiqué... They should give the same privileges to all channels!

As for Antonio Vigo walking with the girl, yes it was shown on TV, of course, twice, on the program "We Have Some Tomato Here". He seemed relaxed and smiling and he said to the reporters "Let us go through, you skinny guys". The girl's face wasn't shown (it's forbidden by the law). No communiqué was sent by the royal house press service at this time.
  #528  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:52 PM
MoonlightRhapsody's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Garden Grove, United States
Posts: 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
I read someone saying here that suicides cannot be buried in the catholic cemitery... so I would like to remember that cemiteries are not religious, but municipal places, opened to everybody... there's no such thing as Catholic cemiteries...
Actually, at least in the Philippines, that's not true. In my father's province there is one street separating the Protestant cemetery from the Catholic cemetery. Though my mother and myself are Catholics, my father's family is not and they are buried in the Protestant cemetery. It just probably just depends on the country.
__________________
*~* In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. *~*
*~* Judge not those who try and fail. Judge those who fail to try. *~*
Sweden's Picture of the Month Represenative
  #529  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:55 PM
merce76's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Marbella, Spain
Posts: 44
Yes, let´s see what happens tonight. But I´m almost sure that they will show ALL the images they have of Érika, the mourning, the little girl being chased and all that. Is it only in Spain people are so interested in things as horrible as this? I mean, to have the information is our right but not to go that far.

I guess if the Royal House didn´t send a estatement ot comuniqué this time because it was Carla and her dad- and they´re not royals
  #530  
Old 02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightRhapsody
It just probably just depends on the country.
Yes, probably. Cemiteries are a recent reality (just dating from the 19th century). The first cemetaries were considered as sacred places (as a whole), but since they become laic places, the blessing started to be given to each grave, during the funeral.
I don't know about your country, but here (and in Spain) that's it.
  #531  
Old 02-10-2007, 02:04 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,246
Gosh poor Carla being chased but its good to see that her dad is supporting her. I seriously hope that the press stop acting this way. I realise that they have a job but i do not believe it is in the job description to harass a young child who has just lost her mother!
Also, to blame Letizia is completley unfair on all parties and will put extra unnecessary stress on her in her pregnancy. I realise not all press are acting this way however those who have been acting in the ways described in this forum should hang their heads as I sincerely doubt they would accept this treatment if they were in the same situation!
  #532  
Old 02-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Costa, Spain
Posts: 90
The communiqué also pointed out that the Queen couldn't come in time for Thursday ceremony because the plane in which she was flying was very old and had to stop for fuel.

Great job for a press service, now citizens have to worry over the fact that the Queen flies in very old planes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
I seriously hope that the press stop acting this way.
Sometimes one hopes that the press stop acting at all.

We heard the press saying so many silly things these days, you can't imagine! In my opinion, the treatment given to Erika and Letizia has been shameful. They are turning two ordinary women into monsters.
  #533  
Old 02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,246
I completely agree Duncan as you can see from my above comments. One has to wonder if the feelings of the people they are writing about are considered at all. All they seem to think about is their story and making money
  #534  
Old 02-10-2007, 02:40 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
The communiqué also pointed out that the Queen couldn't come in time for Thursday ceremony because the plane in which she was flying was very old and had to stop for fuel.

Great job for a press service, now citizens have to worry over the fact that the Queen flies in very old planes!



Sometimes one hopes that the press stop acting at all.

We heard the press saying so many silly things these days, you can't imagine! In my opinion, the treatment given to Erika and Letizia has been shameful. They are turning two ordinary women into monsters.

Very instructive, your news about the "communiqué"(s) of press service of Royal House ( I suppose!)

Where did you find them? Particulary for the first one?
  #535  
Old 02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 74
Perhaps they are realizing that it is better to counter the rumors and innuendos that are based on pure speculation before they get out of hand and become part of the news cycle.

As ridiculous and irresponsible as these programs and tabloids are, they have the ability to shift perceptions with their half-truths and interpretations of what they want to argue is the truth. Even headlines as ridiculous as "Liz Taylor abducted by aliens and has twins" sometimes has consumers.
  #536  
Old 02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
RaniaRocks's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greece, United States
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
It's becoming more and more usual.
In Europe, burial became the most usual rite after the arriving of Christianity, mostly because that was the rite applied to Jesus Christ and also because it's more according to our believe in the final resurrection. For some time, cremation was associated with antireligion (mostly because it was reintruduced by the French Revolution), and the Catholic Church even prohibited it through the Canonic Code of 1917, but once the antireligious conotation passed, the Church has fully accepted cremation for catholics (even if still showing some preference for burial). The RCE establishes that, in case of cremation, the rites (which are usually done inside the chapel or near the grave) can happen inside the crematory room, as well.

As for suicide, the Catholic Church used not to allow those who commit suicide to recieve religious rites. During the middle ages (when the graves were placed inside the church) those who deliberately had committed suicide had to be taken outside holly soil. But it doesn't happen abymore. I read someone saying here that suicides cannot be buried in the catholic cemitery... so I would like to remember that cemiteries are not religious, but municipal places, opened to everybody... there's no such thing as Catholic cemiteries...
Anyway, that old canonic rule had disappeared in the new CDC of 1973, although a certain irregularity persists (vd. CDC 1041,5; 1044, 1).
Yes, as I said it has become more popular but still is not our custom, only a really small percent choose that method, we ussualy buried our relatives on a normal cementery grave, my English is limited so I hope you can underestand my point.
  #537  
Old 02-10-2007, 03:07 PM
fanprincipesasturi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Posts: 1,070
__________________

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

  #538  
Old 02-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Yes, as I said it has become more popular but still is not our custom, we ussualy burried our relatives on a normal grave, my English is limited so I hope you can underestand my point.
Yes, I perfectly understand what you're saying... it's not the most usual but it's not rare at all. Al I did was providing a background explanation, in case anyone is interested to know why cremation still sounds akward to some us...
  #539  
Old 02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Costa, Spain
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Where did you find them? Particulary for the first one?
All the statements I mentioned were included in a communiqué sent by the royal house press service (according to Mariñas, the bewildered journalist that read it) to the program "Where Are You, My Heart?" on Friday night.

The funeral service is about to begin.
  #540  
Old 02-10-2007, 03:39 PM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
All the statements I mentioned were included in a communiqué sent by the royal house press service (according to Mariñas, the bewildered journalist that read it) to the program "Where Are You, My Heart?" on Friday night.

The funeral service is about to begin.

Thanks fo your answer. If i understand have read this informations on (???) of a "bewildered" journalist, i'm sorry but it's me who is bewildered about this news!
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Felipe, Prince of Asturias & Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano: 22 May 2004 monos26 Royal Weddings 789 08-31-2016 04:23 PM
Letizia Ortiz and Alonso Guerrero's Marriage Julia King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family 47 10-09-2015 10:47 AM
Prince Felipe and Letizia Ortiz: Events During Their Engagement Period salma King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family 207 10-21-2013 03:20 PM
Death of Princess Galyani Vadhana (sister of the King) 2 January 2008 iparity Royal Family of Thailand 19 04-23-2010 12:38 AM
Letizia Ortiz, News and Picture Thread Part 1: November 2003 - August 2004 George Current Events Archive 268 08-21-2004 06:01 PM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit brunei catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary evening dresses crown princess mary fashion current events duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll fox news greece history kate middleton king abdullah ii king willem-alexander member introduction mohammed reza monarchy new zealand norway norwegian royals november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week president nieto; state visit prince charles prince constantijn princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess mette-marit's dresses princess mette-marit and women deliver conference princess victorias daytime fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde's daytime fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion revolution september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats valentino


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises