The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
When will this take place. Is it different to that which we saw on thursday?
Yes, it´s a different place. How horrible for them to go through that with all the press in there again. I send them all my love and strength in this difficult time.
I hope it´s not going to be aired on TV, I mean live

Old 02-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Commoner

Thanks for the tip about the address. It is very much apreciated.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Gentry

The royal house press service can be really amazing. So, on a Friday around midnight, its workers were watching a silly program ridiculously named "Where Are You, My Heart?", they didn't like what they heard and they decided to send a fax. I wonder if this is the kind of information policy followed by royal houses everywhere.

I forgot to say that, according to the Antena 3 journalist, yesterday's surprise communiqué ended with these mysterious words:

"The Princess has been a princess and a sister at all times"
Old 02-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Commoner

Duncan, I do agree with you. But tonight there´s another silly program on TV similar to the one you mention... guess what they´ll be talking about
Old 02-10-2007, 01:41 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
I'm, however, some how chocked by the fact that she was incinerated, is not our custom at all although it has become somehow "popular" on the last years.
It's becoming more and more usual.
In Europe, burial became the most usual rite after the arriving of Christianity, mostly because that was the rite applied to Jesus Christ and also because it's more according to our believe in the final resurrection. For some time, cremation was associated with antireligion (mostly because it was reintruduced by the French Revolution), and the Catholic Church even prohibited it through the Canonic Code of 1917, but once the antireligious conotation passed, the Church has fully accepted cremation for catholics (even if still showing some preference for burial). The RCE establishes that, in case of cremation, the rites (which are usually done inside the chapel or near the grave) can happen inside the crematory room, as well.

As for suicide, the Catholic Church used not to allow those who commit suicide to recieve religious rites. During the middle ages (when the graves were placed inside the church) those who deliberately had committed suicide had to be taken outside holly soil. But it doesn't happen abymore. I read someone saying here that suicides cannot be buried in the catholic cemitery... so I would like to remember that cemiteries are not religious, but municipal places, opened to everybody... there's no such thing as Catholic cemiteries...
Anyway, that old canonic rule had disappeared in the new CDC of 1973, although a certain irregularity persists (vd. CDC 1041,5; 1044, 1).
Old 02-10-2007, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by merce76
Yes, it´s a different place. How horrible for them to go through that with all the press in there again. I send them all my love and strength in this difficult time.
I hope it´s not going to be aired on TV, I mean live
Thanks for that I agree I hope the press will leave them alone
Old 02-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by merce76
Duncan, I do agree with you. But tonight there´s another silly program on TV similar to the one you mention... guess what they´ll be talking about
Well, let's see if the royal house also watches "Saturday Sweet Life" until 2 a.m. and sends another shocking communiqué... They should give the same privileges to all channels!

As for Antonio Vigo walking with the girl, yes it was shown on TV, of course, twice, on the program "We Have Some Tomato Here". He seemed relaxed and smiling and he said to the reporters "Let us go through, you skinny guys". The girl's face wasn't shown (it's forbidden by the law). No communiqué was sent by the royal house press service at this time.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
I read someone saying here that suicides cannot be buried in the catholic cemitery... so I would like to remember that cemiteries are not religious, but municipal places, opened to everybody... there's no such thing as Catholic cemiteries...
Actually, at least in the Philippines, that's not true. In my father's province there is one street separating the Protestant cemetery from the Catholic cemetery. Though my mother and myself are Catholics, my father's family is not and they are buried in the Protestant cemetery. It just probably just depends on the country.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Commoner

Yes, let´s see what happens tonight. But I´m almost sure that they will show ALL the images they have of Érika, the mourning, the little girl being chased and all that. Is it only in Spain people are so interested in things as horrible as this? I mean, to have the information is our right but not to go that far.

I guess if the Royal House didn´t send a estatement ot comuniqué this time because it was Carla and her dad- and they´re not royals
Old 02-10-2007, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightRhapsody
It just probably just depends on the country.
Yes, probably. Cemiteries are a recent reality (just dating from the 19th century). The first cemetaries were considered as sacred places (as a whole), but since they become laic places, the blessing started to be given to each grave, during the funeral.
I don't know about your country, but here (and in Spain) that's it.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Gosh poor Carla being chased but its good to see that her dad is supporting her. I seriously hope that the press stop acting this way. I realise that they have a job but i do not believe it is in the job description to harass a young child who has just lost her mother!
Also, to blame Letizia is completley unfair on all parties and will put extra unnecessary stress on her in her pregnancy. I realise not all press are acting this way however those who have been acting in the ways described in this forum should hang their heads as I sincerely doubt they would accept this treatment if they were in the same situation!
Old 02-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Gentry

The communiqué also pointed out that the Queen couldn't come in time for Thursday ceremony because the plane in which she was flying was very old and had to stop for fuel.

Great job for a press service, now citizens have to worry over the fact that the Queen flies in very old planes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317
I seriously hope that the press stop acting this way.
Sometimes one hopes that the press stop acting at all.

We heard the press saying so many silly things these days, you can't imagine! In my opinion, the treatment given to Erika and Letizia has been shameful. They are turning two ordinary women into monsters.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

I completely agree Duncan as you can see from my above comments. One has to wonder if the feelings of the people they are writing about are considered at all. All they seem to think about is their story and making money
Old 02-10-2007, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
The communiqué also pointed out that the Queen couldn't come in time for Thursday ceremony because the plane in which she was flying was very old and had to stop for fuel.

Great job for a press service, now citizens have to worry over the fact that the Queen flies in very old planes!

Sometimes one hopes that the press stop acting at all.

We heard the press saying so many silly things these days, you can't imagine! In my opinion, the treatment given to Erika and Letizia has been shameful. They are turning two ordinary women into monsters.

Very instructive, your news about the "communiqué"(s) of press service of Royal House ( I suppose!)

Where did you find them? Particulary for the first one?
Old 02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Gentry

Perhaps they are realizing that it is better to counter the rumors and innuendos that are based on pure speculation before they get out of hand and become part of the news cycle.

As ridiculous and irresponsible as these programs and tabloids are, they have the ability to shift perceptions with their half-truths and interpretations of what they want to argue is the truth. Even headlines as ridiculous as "Liz Taylor abducted by aliens and has twins" sometimes has consumers.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M.
It's becoming more and more usual.
In Europe, burial became the most usual rite after the arriving of Christianity, mostly because that was the rite applied to Jesus Christ and also because it's more according to our believe in the final resurrection. For some time, cremation was associated with antireligion (mostly because it was reintruduced by the French Revolution), and the Catholic Church even prohibited it through the Canonic Code of 1917, but once the antireligious conotation passed, the Church has fully accepted cremation for catholics (even if still showing some preference for burial). The RCE establishes that, in case of cremation, the rites (which are usually done inside the chapel or near the grave) can happen inside the crematory room, as well.

As for suicide, the Catholic Church used not to allow those who commit suicide to recieve religious rites. During the middle ages (when the graves were placed inside the church) those who deliberately had committed suicide had to be taken outside holly soil. But it doesn't happen abymore. I read someone saying here that suicides cannot be buried in the catholic cemitery... so I would like to remember that cemiteries are not religious, but municipal places, opened to everybody... there's no such thing as Catholic cemiteries...
Anyway, that old canonic rule had disappeared in the new CDC of 1973, although a certain irregularity persists (vd. CDC 1041,5; 1044, 1).
Yes, as I said it has become more popular but still is not our custom, only a really small percent choose that method, we ussualy buried our relatives on a normal cementery grave, my English is limited so I hope you can underestand my point.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 02-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks
Yes, as I said it has become more popular but still is not our custom, we ussualy burried our relatives on a normal grave, my English is limited so I hope you can underestand my point.
Yes, I perfectly understand what you're saying... it's not the most usual but it's not rare at all. Al I did was providing a background explanation, in case anyone is interested to know why cremation still sounds akward to some us...
Old 02-10-2007, 03:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide
Where did you find them? Particulary for the first one?
All the statements I mentioned were included in a communiqué sent by the royal house press service (according to Mariñas, the bewildered journalist that read it) to the program "Where Are You, My Heart?" on Friday night.

The funeral service is about to begin.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
All the statements I mentioned were included in a communiqué sent by the royal house press service (according to Mariñas, the bewildered journalist that read it) to the program "Where Are You, My Heart?" on Friday night.

The funeral service is about to begin.

Thanks fo your answer. If i understand have read this informations on (???) of a "bewildered" journalist, i'm sorry but it's me who is bewildered about this news!

Closed Thread