The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Commoner

It´s official: It´s a suicide. El Periodico writes about it and also mentions Érika left five notes to different members of her family. I breaks my heart to see how a depression can lead someone to do something like this. Do not forget it is a disease. Poor all of them.

Old 02-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by merce76
It´s official: It´s a suicide. El Periodico writes about it and also mentions Érika left five notes to different members of her family. I breaks my heart to see how a depression can lead someone to do something like this. Do not forget it is a disease. Poor all of them.
i cannot yet find the information in el periodico. any of the other newspapers, el mundo, el pais, abc... has the information online.

if it were true, i really would have to congratulate the royal family for being so open about it. it's nothing to be ashamed of and it would certainly stop with the rumours.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 02-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by merce76
Nothing is official. We have to wait at least three weeks and then the family will decide to do public or not.

La familia celebra esta tarde en Madrid un funeral en la intimidad. elcomerciodigital.com

The family celebrates today a funeral in private in Madrid.

This behind schedule will celebrate in a parish of Madrid a funeral by the soul of Erika Ortiz Rocasolano, at the request of its family. To this religious ceremony, that will be celebrated in the strictest privacy, it is predicted that they attend the relatives and more intimate friends of the smaller sister of Princess de Asturias.
Last night the presence of the Royal Family in this religious act was not confirmed, since it did not discard either that the Kings and the Princes celebrated another funeral in the hermitage of the Palace of the Zarzuela
Old 02-10-2007, 07:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

There is nothing official, not even the family has said at all. This are filtrations to the press that the press decides to publish.

Already they commented on it here yesterday, even in several days (they were saying 2 weeks) there will no be a definitive report. It will be at the time when there is delivered to the family, and they are those who decide. Though it is evident that in this case, this legal right to the intimacy, is going to finish totally corrupt.

Certainly, in an agency I have seen a few outrageous photos , they have photographed Antonio Vigo with Carla. Already it is time of that the Vigo-Ortiz Rocasolano, does what for prudence they have not done till now, to demand that Carla receives the treatment that by law must get. She is a girl, and as such, has a rights , the press can neither chase nor photograph her.
Since respect is not going to have, they will have to do what they have not done till now, to threaten with legal actions.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:20 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

I usually don't post, but as a Catholic trained in Theology I have to say something.

The stance on suicide in the Catholic church has changed and I think there needs to be clarification.

Officially, suicide is considered to be a result of some mental defect or illness. Yes, in older days the Church did state it was a sin. It is not anymore! That doesn't stop many Catholics (or those taught by uniformed Catholics) from thinking of it that way.

Again, the official stance is that we can not judge a soul and that we understand that what occurs is between them and God. You will notice that she will receive the Catholic rites and permission for burial just the same as any other Catholic who dies. We no longer hold the stigma on suicide.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Heir Apparent

It has already been said that the definite results of the autopsy will be released only in two weeks, and then the family will decide if they'll disclose them or not.

Please don't treat any information right now as official, as it clearly isn't.

thank you,
Anna_R
Spanish Forums Moderator
Old 02-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Gentry

I feel horrible for the family and the way the press is handling this situation. Today they showed images of telma, trapped in her car by a bunch of paparazzis, the poor thing was in shock and had to go back inside. I couldn't help but feel terribly angry and sad at the same time.

Do we really need to see the grieving family so bad that we can let the deal with their pain in private? How does this concern the general public?

I undestand and interest in Letizia, but i think chasing her family at this time is just plain cruel.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Sadie,

I think as a culture we should review how our media chases individuals during times like these. I hope magazines and newspapers do not post pictures like this -- in particular the photos of the little child are offensive. I have to admit that I have not clicked on ANY of the photo links (including of the Princess) as I feel that I would be intruding on their private grief.

Does Spanish law allow for the family to sue? Can the police not stop these rabid photographers?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Commoner

I am truly sorry for using the word "official". It´s true, if the family doesn´t say a thing it is not official. I apologize.
Here there is the link refering to the suicide and the notes she left:
La Reina y Telma Ortiz llegan a Madrid tras la incineración de la hermana de Letizia | El Periódico de Catalunya | Gente=
Old 02-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Ana_R for you intervention, but I becoming to feel bad with those purposes about the Catholic Church and the right of the choice to ending your live ( If you needs a right )

May be I'm old-fashioned, but I had learnt one thing, in front of the death you have to bow! We don't have any superior kwnoledge for deciding if it's well or bad, neither moral authority.

In the same way, I regret some negative appreciations about the Princes of Asturias. The deepth of the pain, the strenght as supporter of your shocked spouse don't be mesured at the angle of an umbrela.

As you know ( or don't), as you can imagine ( or don't want) when your are under a so hard blow in front of alot of camera, people watching at you, it can be difficult to express your great desolation, your so terrific pain for your beloved woman - if it was the reproach done- durin the quart of a second.

Because if we are playing at the game of attitudes's interpretations, I can say too, watching a pic, how the prince was so frightened by the pain of his wife, catching the fingers of her hand hande up at his arm.

The time is for the condolences to all the membres of this families strongly hurt by the lost one of a beloved member.

It's the terrific way of doing to judge someone because, may be, he wasn't at the precise place when you imagine he had to be.

This night I have sended my condolences to the Princesof Asturias by mail, telling how sad I'm feeling for us and their family. Nothing else!
Old 02-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Nobility

One thing that I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on.

When a middle class person marries into a royal household, it becomes a different life for the rest of this person's family. They have no protection and the press intrudes at all times. They could even be harmed or kidnapped. This seems to be a more modern problem as in past generations they only married among their own. We now have several Crown Princesses in this position. Someone did mention that in Princess Mathilde's case , her family was taken care of by the King and were given elevated status.

My heart goes out to Princess Letizia. I am one of three sisters as well and my prayers goes out to her.

I believe that anyone that does commit suicide are not well and we would never understand unless we were in that same situation that causes you take your own life.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Queen Sofia and the Princes will today attend the funeral by Erika Ortiz

Queen Sofia and Princes de Asturias will attend tonight the funeral mass that will celebrate by the soul of Erika Ortiz Rocasolano in the parish of Our Lady the Announcement of Prado de Somosaguas, in Pozuelo (Madrid), informed familiar sources and of the House of the King.

Doña Sofía has had to cancel her presence in the concert that will behind schedule be celebrated this in the National Audience of Madrid to collect bottoms for the Project Alzheimer of Vallecas - promoted by the Foundation that takes its name and that will be inaugurated next the 8 of March.
Also she will be in the religious act of tonight the other sister of Erika, Telma, that works in Manila (Philippine) in the Agency of Spanish Cooperation and that could not arrive at Madrid until yesterday.

La Reina y los Príncipes asistirán hoy al funeral por Erika Ortiz
Old 02-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Commoner

Could someone please tell me where could I send my condolences to Princess Letizia? I mean an official postal address. I´ve been looking around at the Royal House of Spain website and couldn´t find anything. If this can´t be posted in here please PM me. Thank you so very much in advance.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

I commented on it this morning, and unfortunately now reading another forum they have confirmed it. Yesterday the press there chased the little Carla, who was going with her father, and with two women that I imagine be members of the family.

While the press chased them Antonio was saying to her daughter " very well " Your with the high head " " you are the best daughter " ... I am grateful not to have seen it, because only reading it has been enough.

Once again the dignity opposite to the most unworthy of the attitudes ... and this time a girl has given the lesson.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
I commented on it this morning, and unfortunately now reading another forum they have confirmed it. Yesterday the press there chased the little Carla, who was going with her father, and with two women that I imagine be members of the family.

While the press chased them Antonio was saying to her daughter " very well " Your with the high head " " you are the best daughter " ... I am grateful not to have seen it, because only reading it has been enough.

Once again the dignity opposite to the most unworthy of the attitudes ... and this time a girl has given the lesson.
Shame on them!!! She´s a little girl. God, there must be a way to protect her and the rest of Erika´s family from all this hell.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula

shame !! seems that the press dont always know when not to cross the line. there are limits, the girl is only 6 years old
Old 02-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Aristocracy

It is really terrible, will they never learn? Poor little girl.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Commoner

I am Roman Catholic and we are taught the same thing, however, we are also taught that God loves everyone and He forgives. The only thing that we can assume and know for a fact is that whatever decision Erika made is between her and God, no one else. Remember the familia Real and Spain are very Catholic, so I assume that any issue related to her death will be extrememly hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Hello

I'm greek othodox. According the the Greek orthodox religion, suicide is not accepted by the religion, I mean It is considered that if you killed yourself, you committed a murder. Consequently, if someone dies from suicide he is not allowed to receive a religious funeral.
IS THE SAME VALID FOR CATHOLICS? (Can someone reply?)
In this case it may provoque a problem because of the relation of Erica with the SRF.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
Queen Sofia and the Princes will today attend the funeral by Erika Ortiz

Queen Sofia and Princes de Asturias will attend tonight the funeral mass that will celebrate by the soul of Erika Ortiz Rocasolano in the parish of Our Lady the Announcement of Prado de Somosaguas, in Pozuelo (Madrid), informed familiar sources and of the House of the King.

Doña Sofía has had to cancel her presence in the concert that will behind schedule be celebrated this in the National Audience of Madrid to collect bottoms for the Project Alzheimer of Vallecas - promoted by the Foundation that takes its name and that will be inaugurated next the 8 of March.
Also she will be in the religious act of tonight the other sister of Erika, Telma, that works in Manila (Philippine) in the Agency of Spanish Cooperation and that could not arrive at Madrid until yesterday.

La Reina y los Príncipes asistirán hoy al funeral por Erika Ortiz
When will this take place. Is it different to that which we saw on thursday?
Old 02-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Moderator Emeritus

To mail a letter to Princess Letizia:
(it'd be best to write the address in Spanish, but English works as well)

SAR (or Su Alteza Real) la Princesa de Asturias (or Su Alteza Real, Princesa Letizia de Asturias, or Dona Letizia, Princesa de Asturias)
Casa de Su Majestad El Rey
Palacio de La Zarzuela
Madrid, Espana

(don't forget the ~ over the n in Espana and Dona---but Safari will not allow me to type correctly)

That will get the letter to her secretary.

The address in English:

HRH (or Her Royal Highness) the Princess of Asturias (or Letizia, Princess of Asturias, or Princess Letizia of Asturias)
House of His Majesty, the King
La Zarzuela Palace
Madrid, Spain

I don't know if there is a postal code, like our zip code, but I'm 99% sure there's not.

Closed Thread