The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 06:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by merce76
Something I believe is unforgivable is not to wait for Telma, her sister, to arrive in Spain before cremating Érika. She had the right to see her sister and hug her for the last time before the creamation. Horrible.
How can one possibly know that they decided not to wait for Telma? There is always the possibility that she did not want to see her sister that way. Everyone reacts differently. My grandmother passed away a few months ago and my sister chose not to see her. She arrived later for the service. Let's please not pass judgement on the family.

Old 02-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Aristocracy

This is true...I hope they ask Telma and she says "don't wait for me please", who knows what we don't know...

Poor Letizia, poor Paloma...and poor Carla when she knows...

Old 02-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Red face Official Judicial sources

Erika Ortiz llevaba más de 12 horas muerta cuando se encontró su cadáver | elmundo.es

Erika Ortiz was going more than 12 hours died when her corpse was found

MADRID. - The autopsy practised Erika Ortiz's corpse , of 31 years, has determined that she died on 23.0 o'clock of last Tuesday, the 6th, according to judicial sources. According to the writing of the forensic one of the court number 12 of Madrid, the death was produced approximately 12 hours before her corpse was found, in her domicile, by her current sentimental companion.

The forensic report specifies that the death was produced for a stop cardiorrespiratoria. The investigators have sent a sample of fabrics to the Institute of Toxicology to discover what provoked her death, though the results will not be available up to in approximately 15 days. Only then the reasons of the death will be known by accuracy and there will be signed the definitive report of the autopsy, which will submit to the judge and to the family of the deceased.

The first police investigations aimed that Erika died for a massive ingestion of tablets. In fact, in the room where her body was situated an empty boat was discovered and, according to sources of the investigation, also they found several notes written to hand that It might be directed to her family.
Old 02-09-2007, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Picture gallery - of Spanish Royals Attend The Funeral Of Erika Ortiz. some very sad pictures

A picture of Queen Sofia arriving in Madrid - picture
Letizia Ortiz, the Princess of Asturias, at the cremation in Madrid - picture
Old 02-09-2007, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Sister of Spain's future queen committed suicide

9 February 2007
MADRID — The sister of Spain's future queen committed suicide by taking a coctail of anti-depressant pills, a post mortem finds.
Erika Ortiz, 31, died in her sleep after writing a series of letters to family members and taking the pills.
She had been depressed for some time following the break-up of her marriage. full article and source

Royal Discretion

When she was alive, Érika Ortiz fiercely disliked being at the centre of attention of the press. When her older sister married the heir to the Spanish throne, the life of this quiet interior designer also changed forever.

It has been interesting to ... read full article & source
Old 02-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

pictures from ppe-agency
Letizia & Felipe
Letizia & felipe 2
Letizia & Felipe 3
Letizia, Felip & the king
Letizia, Felipe & the king
Letiza, mother & felipe
Old 02-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

She could not be a member direct of the royal family but it was the chaplain of the Palace that made the funeral!
Old 02-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Little Carla met grandfather, Jesus Ortiz, yesterday and probably he told her the death of mummy.

The results of the autopsy will not be known until within a month. Other news are speculations.

source:elprogramadeanarosa.telecinco
Old 02-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Gentry

Video from CNN Plus. Comments in other media have pointed out that the network made an awkward choice of an anchor for this news.

ELPAIS.com - Video: Despedida de Érika Ortiz - Videos - Espańa
Old 02-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
these are the saddest. most moving pictures ive seen of Letizia
the picture of Letizia bowing, seems like she cant bow well, seems like she is holding on to the King for support, but who can blame her. I hope things go smooth for her
In the video I saw the King was holding her, like he did not want that Letizia bows him...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
Video from CNN Plus. Comments in other media have pointed out that the network made an awkward choice of an anchor for this news.

ELPAIS.com - Video: Despedida de Érika Ortiz - Videos - Espańa
Why would the choice be wrong?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Gentry

Awkward or maybe rather peculiar ("raro") is what they said, not wrong. Because of the long-term relationship he had with Letizia and the fact that he might actually have met members of her family.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 02-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lis
In the video I saw the King was holding her, like he did not want that Letizia bows him...
I had the same impression when watching the video...that Letizia wanted to respect the protocol and curtsey the King, while his reaction was more like "that's not necessary, you don't have to curtsey". A normal and human reaction, I'd say, as Letizia is, for sure, passing terribly difficult moments.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:05 AM
Royal Highness

ppe
http://ppe-agency.com/500px/Feb2007/07020851.jpg

hola
http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...infantas-a.jpg
Old 02-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olka
I had the same impression when watching the video...that Letizia wanted to respect the protocol and curtsey the King, while his reaction was more like "that's not necessary, you don't have to curtsey". A normal and human reaction, I'd say, as Letizia is, for sure, passing terribly difficult moments.
We can see that not only in the video but also in the picture where that image appears!
Old 02-09-2007, 09:20 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

was little carla at the funeral with her grandparents?
Old 02-09-2007, 09:51 AM
Commoner

Little Carla was not at the funeral because by that time she didn´t know her mom was dead. I still don´t know if she knows.

I do hope press stop saying Érika was depressed for being Letizia´s sister and her fear of "not being good enough" because the last thing the family needs now is to point someone to blame. When somebody comits suicide it is nobody´s fault.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
Erika Ortiz llevaba más de 12 horas muerta cuando se encontró su cadáver | elmundo.es

Erika Ortiz was going more than 12 hours died when her corpse was found

MADRID. - The autopsy practised Erika Ortiz's corpse , of 31 years, has determined that she died on 23.0 o'clock of last Tuesday, the 6th, according to judicial sources. According to the writing of the forensic one of the court number 12 of Madrid, the death was produced approximately 12 hours before her corpse was found, in her domicile, by her current sentimental companion.

The forensic report specifies that the death was produced for a stop cardiorrespiratoria. The investigators have sent a sample of fabrics to the Institute of Toxicology to discover what provoked her death, though the results will not be available up to in approximately 15 days. Only then the reasons of the death will be known by accuracy and there will be signed the definitive report of the autopsy, which will submit to the judge and to the family of the deceased.

The first police investigations aimed that Erika died for a massive ingestion of tablets. In fact, in the room where her body was situated an empty boat was discovered and, according to sources of the investigation, also they found several notes written to hand that It might be directed to her family.

I really don't understand it anymore........ This newspapers says this and another says that....
I've also read that Erika has brought her little girl to school or to a neighbour.... how can it be, if she was already dead in this newpaper?

Media stop al this rumours and gossips.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Commoner

In my humble opinion, Érika´s family should make a public estatement to stop all this gossip. For her memory, for people not to talk nonesense.