Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its really nice to see how the spanish royal family have been very supportive and have been present at all times, thats so nice of them all.
Thank you all for the pictures, worth a thousand words, very sad

The photo of La Razon is terrible, very sad. Let's hope that now already they stop to the family a bit calm

unlikeanygirl said:
JWhere there no other royals there?
I mean, not for representation of country but friendship. I would have liked to see Prince Fredrick there as he is a good friend of Prince Felipe and it is his wife's sister who died. Same with Prince Haakon maybe. Not in any royal capacity but just friendship.

The funeral is a private family event, only relatives and friends of Ortiz-Rocasolano family or friends of Erika were invited. Fredrick or Haakon is Felipe's friend, not a friend of Letizia, they probably knew nothing about Erika.
I'm surprised not seeing Betran and Laura.

Emmily said:
I cried when the Prince took Letizia's Grandfather's hand to help him as they were walking to the car.

i agree emily, it was so emotive. i thought it was a really nice gesture of the prince considering the age of francisco. moreover, in the video they mention that he fainted during the funeral. i have the impression he must be an adorable man, i doubt he would be helped so much by the prince and elena if he weren't.

although some people thought that paloma was the most affected one in both ceremonies, i think letizia was. it is also understandable, not only because her sister died, but because of all the pressure of the press during
this days (and during her life as well) because of her being married to the prince.

Especially considering that when they entered that rude guy from the organization didn't allow Felipe to take grandma Enriqueta's arm and he had to enter the church alone. Apparently at the exit the organization had learnt the lesson.

catango said:
Jaime Peñafiel is hateful with Princess Letizia, :mad: He is makin money because of her, He is trying to be congenial with the republican people, but it went wrong, Republican, hate him, so He is emetic, hateful, stupid, cold, and a lier.:bang:

said well!:flowers:

Thank you for the pictures. I just hope that the press will leave them alone for a while, so the family has time to mourn Erika's death. Queen SOfia is amazing. What an incredibly sweet, supportive women. SHe's just great.

Everytime I have looked at the photos, I can't help but tear up. The pain in Letizia's eyes is overwhelming.

DianeE

my heart and prayers are with the princess and her family. It is never easy losing a love one, especially when it's so sudden.

The video showing the Queen leaving and embracing Letizia touched me so much. There is clear affection between everyone in this family and Letizia has touched so many with her emotion.

Penafiel

fanprincipesasturi said:
said well!:flowers:

I do not understand Spanish, but from what I read traslated from Penafiel, I do not had the opinion taht he does not like especially Letizia.
Penafiel carrys the older mentality that a future King SHOULD marry a a royal born woman, or at least an high aristocrat. King Juan Carlos married a King's daughter, King Kostantin also, etc etc. This opinion is still shared by thousand of people, and Penafiel just expresses it. He does not dislike Letizia, I've read even in a French Magazine that recognizes Letizia behavioring very well ti her role, JUST HE DOES NOT ACCEPT her family origins for a future Queen, but this kind of debate will never close, we have all our different opinions.
NOW for Erica, what did Penafiel say so horrible? Can someone translate?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
There are forms and ways of expressing opinions, and Peñfiel is a merciless man, without heart and without dignity.

He does not like Letiza, perfectly. But it does not justify the harassment, the lie, the insult, the manipulation, the absolute lack of respect to a person. It does not justify the assault permanently to a family, only for being a normal family, which has had a normal life, which has gained itself the life of a worthy form.

For my Peñafiel already he was totally unworthy, from that day in which he was criticizing Letizia for visiting his grandparents in Asturias; when a journalist warned him of that the grandfather of the Princess had dead, admitted that he knew that the man was sick with cancer. All that in television in less than 5 minutes. Outrageous.

I believed that it Peñafiel was not going to overcome it, but it seems that he has overcome it. I have not wanted to read it, but if I have read on what the press has commented on the topic.

Summarizing. Letizia is the culprit of the death of her sister because she must never have married the Prince, and her family is not to the height ploughs to assimilate it.

How if in the history of theBorbones, for very Royal Family that they are, had not died tragic and strange.
Another day a journalist was writing, that Peñafiel has covered his limit of barbarities, that when he dies the people go to say that he poisoned himself on having bitten his tongue.

Opossitely, to what Peñafiel says, for many people in this occasion the Ortiz Rocasolano has showed great dignity and education, from the Princess of Asturias, capable of going to the press, up to a 6-year-old Carla whom her father was encouraging to walk with the high head.
The digndad does not remove in the blue blood, goes in the person.

Last edited:
lula said:
There are forms and ways of expressing opinions, and Peñfiel is a merciless man, without heart and without dignity.

He does not like Letiza, perfectly. But it does not justify the harassment, the lie, the insult, the manipulation, the absolute lack of respect to a person. It does not justify the assault permanently to a family, only for being a normal family, which has had a normal life, which has gained itself the life of a worthy form.

For my Peñafiel already he was totally unworthy, from that day in which he was criticizing Letizia for visiting his grandparents in Asturias; when a journalist warned him of that the grandfather of the Princess had dead, admitted that he knew that the man was sick with cancer. All that in television in less than 5 minutes. Outrageous.

I believed that it Peñafiel was not going to overcome it, but it seems that he has overcome it. I have not wanted to read it, but if I have read on what the press has commented on the topic.

Summarizing. Letizia is the culprit of the death of her sister because she must never have married the Prince, and her family is not to the height ploughs to assimilate it.

How if in the history of theBorbones, for very Royal Family that they are, had not died tragic and strange.
Another day a journalist was writing, that Peñafiel has covered his limit of barbarities, that when he dies the people go to say that he poisoned himself on having bitten his tongue.

Opossitely, to what Peñafiel says, for many people in this occasion the Ortiz Rocasolano has showed great dignity and education, from the Princess of Asturias, capable of going to the press, up to a 6-year-old Carla whom her father was encouraging to walk with the high head.
The digndad does not remove in the blue blood, goes in the person.

Thanks a lot. Translated Penafiel is never soo hard....
I understand what do you mean. According to him Letizia should never had exist..........
Ha Ha Ha, awful joke, but imagine Felipe having married Mette-Maritt. Penafiel would have died from a heart attack....

fandesacs2003 said:
Thanks a lot. Translated Penafiel is never soo hard....
I understand what do you mean. According to him Letizia should never had exist..........
Ha Ha Ha, awful joke, but imagine Felipe having married Mette-Maritt. Penafiel would have died from a heart attack....

He will die poisoned by himself.:wacko:

Poor he must have a shok after seeing Letizia's attitude, and the response that has had this attitude for a big part of the press. In one of the worst moments of her life, but the worst, has been Letizia, but also she has been the Princess of Asturias.

After seing these new pics and videos, I still feel that Letizia is by far the most touched by this tragedy.
She looks desperate

this is mr.jaime peñafiel ¿señor?
YouTube - Jaime Peñafiel contra el disidente.

jaime peñafiel it attacks Mariángel journalist not to follow its line ideological. In the discussion is discovered that Jaime Peñafiel considered very interesting to go to the huntings organized by Franco, to which denominates 'Jefe del estado'.

The King wasn't at the funeral?
Probably because he already attended the service on thursday ..

Last edited:
Mari_* said:
The King wasn't at the funeral?
Probably because he already attended the service on thursday ..

Yes, I guess The King didn´t attended it because of that. Infanta Cristina was not there either but Elena was. I guess it has something to do with protocol who must be there or not. Princess Letizia looked absolutely devastated, this time Telma was the rock for the whole family. I admire Princess Letizia more than ever now.

Family Picture

Iam wondering if anyone has a complete family photo of Letizia, Thelma, Erica and their parents. One that is not too old. The sisters are all so beautiful.

vinjan said:
Iam wondering if anyone has a complete family photo of Letizia, Thelma, Erica and their parents. One that is not too old. The sisters are all so beautiful.

I believe, but I may be wrong, the only one is from Princess Letizia´s wedding as their parents divorced a long time ago so no recent pics I guess. HOLA (this week issue) has pics of them together (mom and the three sisters) and they´re old ones... and even in there their dad isn´t pictured.

merce76 said:
Infanta Cristina was not there either but Elena was. .

Really?? I saw on photos to Cristina and Elena at the funeral, or what day were those photos from (when Letizia said thanks to all the people for the support to the Little Sister's death)??

Last edited:
ahtikavalentine said:
Really?? I saw on photos to Cristina and Elena at the funeral, or what day were those photos from??

On the first day when Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe talked to the media both Elena and Cristina were there. But yesterday, day 11, only Elena attended.

merce76 said:
On the first day when Princess Letizia and Prince Felipe talked to the media both Elena and Cristina were there. But yesterday, day 11, only Elena attended.

oOh.. I didn't know... Thanks for the information! :flowers:

Can someone tell me what's in the article 'four hours with Erika Ortiz'? Thanks in advance.

Eva-Britt said:
Can someone tell me what's in the article 'four hours with Erika Ortiz'? Thanks in advance.

I don´t know about it either. I would appreciate some info too please. Thanks.

merce76 said:
Yes, I guess The King didn´t attended it because of that. Infanta Cristina was not there either but Elena was. I guess it has something to do with protocol who must be there or not.

I don't think it has anything to do with the protocol, mainly because it's unlikely that the protocol establishes anything about the funeral of the sister of a daughter-in-law.

Probably the royal house considered that the king had already done his job towards public opinion and image by appearing and being photographed on Thursday.

About the Ortiz sisters with their parents: besides the wedding, I only know of one picture of the three sisters together as adults, with their mother, possibly taken ca. 1990, see it here.

About Peñafiel: he certainly didn't approve of Letizia as a choice for princess of Asturias. However, he makes a living of gossiping about royal houses. His gossips about foreign celebrities aren't very interesting for his public, so he has to talk mainly about the Spanish royal house.

In talking about Spanish royal matters, all journalists including Peñafiel have to be careful not to incur in a crime of difamation or slander against the king, the queen and their descendants, under articles 490 and 491 of the Criminal Code, crimes that are punished with 2 months to 2 years of prison. Nevertheless, Letizia isn't covered by that legislation any more than a regular citizen, and therefore Peñafiel and other journalists tend to go a little further when they criticize her acts vs. those of the members of the royal family.

From the perspective of certain pro-monarchy journalists, possibly including Peñafiel, criticism against Letizia can be seen as a service to the monarchist cause, since she wasn't adequate as a princess in the first place and she will never be, so her image and her acts undermine monarchy's reputation and should be duly criticized.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom