The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
In case someone is curious, here are the videos of the speech by Pilar Rahola on "Channel No.4" (Cuatro TV, Feb.8) I mentioned before, in which she blames Jaime Peñafiel on the article he published today about this matter.

what did he write today?????

Old 02-08-2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator

I wish I paid attention in Spanish class so I could understand what Pilar Rahola is saying. Hopefully this will cause a backlash against Jaime P. and he will just disappear in the background.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pollyemma, from things people have written here, I think he's assumed that Erika Ortiz committed suicide and as good as blamed Princess Letizia for it because of her high profile and the stress it's caused her family.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Pollyemma, from things people have written here, I think he's assumed that Erika Ortiz committed suicide and as good as blamed Princess Letizia for it because of her high profile and the stress it's caused her family.
ouch...that is pretty dreadful...I'm shocked...what a hateful person
Old 02-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
ouch...that is pretty dreadful...I'm shocked...what a hateful person
my thoughts exactly
Old 02-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Aristocracy

the Spanish site 20minutos has like two videos of Erika. I can't understand spanish, but for those who do, here are the sites.
Érika Ortiz, la hermana menor de Letizia - 20minutos.es
Muere Érika Ortiz, hermana menor de la princesa de Asturias - 20minutos.es

thier short but sweet, and there are corresponding articles below.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Heir Apparent

First of all I want to express my gratitude (in the name of the Moderators) that all of you remained so respectful and civil, while discussing this terrible event and providing information about it.
Thank you very much for that.

And I would also like to remind you not to discuss the cause of the death of Erika Ortiz, until we have some official information about it.

Thank you very much for co-operation
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Courtier

I just want to say that I am really sorry for all the family, I feel really sad for them.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I wish I paid attention in Spanish class so I could understand what Pilar Rahola is saying. Hopefully this will cause a backlash against Jaime P. and he will just disappear in the background.
I can not tell you exactly what he said because I don't have a really good English, but basically what she said is that Peñafiel (a journalist) wrote "bad" words about the Erika's death, he wrote something like "the most sad thing about this death is that it happened in a dark place where her sister lived before she became a bourgeois princess" and what Pilar was saying is that this is not the most sad thing, the most sad thing is that it happened.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Courtier

Peñafiel has said too, that princess Letizia has left away her sister and that she doesn't take care of her.

He said, in other words that princess Letizia took care more about being a royal member than the pressure that her little sister was feeling.

I think villians were in flims, but this guy is just HORRIBLE.

FOR GOD SAKE PRINCESS LETIZIA IS ABOUT TO FAINT BECAUSE OF HER SISTER DEATH, and He remains being so HATEFUL.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I have to agree, those were very nasty, tactless and insensitive things to tell.
He's hurting not only Letizia's feelings (whose desperation was obvious) but also Erika's whole family.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Letizia is not one of my favourite royals, but seeing the pictures of her so destrought broke my heart The poor woman looked as if she were going to collapse on the spot, and her mother looked totally devestated

I offer my deepest sympathies and condolences to Letizia, the Ortiz Rocasolano family and Erika's little girl
Old 02-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Gentry

I just feel so bad for Carla, poor gir, loosing her mom at such a young age
Old 02-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

It was suicide

ELPAIS.com - Una muerte por ingestión de pastillas - España

Mourning in the real family: a death by ingestion of pills

The autopsy practiced to the corpse of Érika Ortiz Rocasolano, of 31 years, the youngest sister of Princess de Asturias has revealed that her death came after ingesting pills, possibly tranquilizers, according to sources of the investigation. The advance of the autopsy was sent to the holder of the court of Instruction number 12, that one is in charge of the case. The definitive report will not be compiled by the forense until within a month, when it receives all the complementary tests.

El Pais is a pretty reliable source, but this is sooo sad
Old 02-09-2007, 12:27 AM
Courtier

Oh goodness...That's so tragic. May God have mercy on her soul and may she find peace.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I have to agree, those were very nasty, tactless and insensitive things to tell.
He's hurting not only Letizia's feelings (whose desperation was obvious) but also Erika's whole family.
What a horrible & hateful man!
Old 02-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Royal Highness

My heart goes out to Letizia and her family. I think it disgraceful the way the press is able to capture her and her family like this.

Leave them alone...let them grieve for this tragedy in their family, crown princess or no crown princess.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Royal Highness

I konw that Jamie has been very critical of the SRF in the past but this is really terrible!
Old 02-09-2007, 01:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Penafiel is such a jerk. Letizia isn't god, she couldn't do her magic to have her little sister happily married to Antonio . Right after Erika giving birth to her daughter, neither she or Antonio had a job. Letizia had provided Erika financial help with her own salary as a journalist. After the royal engagement, Erika and her family moved into Letizia's flat and lived there until her last day. Erika was not happy at her old company, Felipe found her a job in Globemedia whose owner Emilio Aragon has been a good friend of the Prince. Finally Erika had obtained stability financially and professionally. Letizia had always taken care of Erika before or after she became a princess, she had done what an older sister could have done to help her little sister, but it's really out of her power to have Erika and Antonio happily together, what could Letizia do ???? She is not god.

An article about Erika's sad life.
Erika Ortiz, la hermana pequeña y frágil | elmundo.es
Old 02-09-2007, 02:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisiñaki
It was suicide

ELPAIS.com - Una muerte por ingestión de pastillas - España

Mourning in the real family: a death by ingestion of pills
In this country no type of press is saved , not El Pais that one supposes a serious newspaper, can wait and support a caution.

The family will decide that to do, but they have right to take the time that they want to say if to speak or not. For the present time, there is nothing official, and is not known if it will be or not.

The family already has sufficiently with the pain, sufficiently in spite of worrying for a girl that is orphan, and for other one that is for being born, sufficient in spite of thinking about a few grandparents with advanced lodger dy delicate health, and a parents who have lived through something through that a parents should never live.

That allow them time, to leave them to cry and to be able to breathe, and that the press not pressing them.

Closed Thread