Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing that I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on.

When a middle class person marries into a royal household, it becomes a different life for the rest of this person's family. They have no protection and the press intrudes at all times. They could even be harmed or kidnapped. This seems to be a more modern problem as in past generations they only married among their own. We now have several Crown Princesses in this position. Someone did mention that in Princess Mathilde's case , her family was taken care of by the King and were given elevated status.

My heart goes out to Princess Letizia. I am one of three sisters as well and my prayers goes out to her.

I believe that anyone that does commit suicide are not well and we would never understand unless we were in that same situation that causes you take your own life.

Queen Sofia and the Princes will today attend the funeral by Erika Ortiz

Queen Sofia and Princes de Asturias will attend tonight the funeral mass that will celebrate by the soul of Erika Ortiz Rocasolano in the parish of Our Lady the Announcement of Prado de Somosaguas, in Pozuelo (Madrid), informed familiar sources and of the House of the King.

Doña Sofía has had to cancel her presence in the concert that will behind schedule be celebrated this in the National Audience of Madrid to collect bottoms for the Project Alzheimer of Vallecas - promoted by the Foundation that takes its name and that will be inaugurated next the 8 of March.
Also she will be in the religious act of tonight the other sister of Erika, Telma, that works in Manila (Philippine) in the Agency of Spanish Cooperation and that could not arrive at Madrid until yesterday.

La Reina y los Príncipes asistirán hoy al funeral por Erika Ortiz

Could someone please tell me where could I send my condolences to Princess Letizia? I mean an official postal address. I´ve been looking around at the Royal House of Spain website and couldn´t find anything. If this can´t be posted in here please PM me. Thank you so very much in advance.

I commented on it this morning, and unfortunately now reading another forum they have confirmed it. Yesterday the press there chased the little Carla, who was going with her father, and with two women that I imagine be members of the family.

While the press chased them Antonio was saying to her daughter " very well " Your with the high head " " you are the best daughter " ... I am grateful not to have seen it, because only reading it has been enough.

Once again the dignity opposite to the most unworthy of the attitudes ... and this time a girl has given the lesson.

lula said:
I commented on it this morning, and unfortunately now reading another forum they have confirmed it. Yesterday the press there chased the little Carla, who was going with her father, and with two women that I imagine be members of the family.

While the press chased them Antonio was saying to her daughter " very well " Your with the high head " " you are the best daughter " ... I am grateful not to have seen it, because only reading it has been enough.

Once again the dignity opposite to the most unworthy of the attitudes ... and this time a girl has given the lesson.

Shame on them!!! She´s a little girl. God, there must be a way to protect her and the rest of Erika´s family from all this hell.

lula said:

shame !! seems that the press dont always know when not to cross the line. there are limits, the girl is only 6 years old:bang:

It is really terrible, will they never learn? Poor little girl.

I am Roman Catholic and we are taught the same thing, however, we are also taught that God loves everyone and He forgives. The only thing that we can assume and know for a fact is that whatever decision Erika made is between her and God, no one else. Remember the familia Real and Spain are very Catholic, so I assume that any issue related to her death will be extrememly hard.

fandesacs2003 said:
Hello

I'm greek othodox. According the the Greek orthodox religion, suicide is not accepted by the religion, I mean It is considered that if you killed yourself, you committed a murder. Consequently, if someone dies from suicide he is not allowed to receive a religious funeral.
IS THE SAME VALID FOR CATHOLICS? (Can someone reply?)
In this case it may provoque a problem because of the relation of Erica with the SRF.

fanletizia said:
Queen Sofia and the Princes will today attend the funeral by Erika Ortiz

Queen Sofia and Princes de Asturias will attend tonight the funeral mass that will celebrate by the soul of Erika Ortiz Rocasolano in the parish of Our Lady the Announcement of Prado de Somosaguas, in Pozuelo (Madrid), informed familiar sources and of the House of the King.

Doña Sofía has had to cancel her presence in the concert that will behind schedule be celebrated this in the National Audience of Madrid to collect bottoms for the Project Alzheimer of Vallecas - promoted by the Foundation that takes its name and that will be inaugurated next the 8 of March.
Also she will be in the religious act of tonight the other sister of Erika, Telma, that works in Manila (Philippine) in the Agency of Spanish Cooperation and that could not arrive at Madrid until yesterday.

La Reina y los Príncipes asistirán hoy al funeral por Erika Ortiz

When will this take place. Is it different to that which we saw on thursday?

To mail a letter to Princess Letizia:
(it'd be best to write the address in Spanish, but English works as well)

SAR (or Su Alteza Real) la Princesa de Asturias (or Su Alteza Real, Princesa Letizia de Asturias, or Dona Letizia, Princesa de Asturias)
Casa de Su Majestad El Rey
Palacio de La Zarzuela
Madrid, Espana

(don't forget the ~ over the n in Espana and Dona---but Safari will not allow me to type correctly)

That will get the letter to her secretary.

The address in English:

HRH (or Her Royal Highness) the Princess of Asturias (or Letizia, Princess of Asturias, or Princess Letizia of Asturias)
House of His Majesty, the King
La Zarzuela Palace
Madrid, Spain

I don't know if there is a postal code, like our zip code, but I'm 99% sure there's not.

crm2317 said:
When will this take place. Is it different to that which we saw on thursday?

Yes, it´s a different place. How horrible for them to go through that with all the press in there again. I send them all my love and strength in this difficult time.
I hope it´s not going to be aired on TV, I mean live :ermm:

Thanks for the tip about the address. It is very much apreciated.

The royal house press service can be really amazing. So, on a Friday around midnight, its workers were watching a silly program ridiculously named "Where Are You, My Heart?", they didn't like what they heard and they decided to send a fax. I wonder if this is the kind of information policy followed by royal houses everywhere.

I forgot to say that, according to the Antena 3 journalist, yesterday's surprise communiqué ended with these mysterious words:

"The Princess has been a princess and a sister at all times"

Last edited:
Duncan, I do agree with you. But tonight there´s another silly program on TV similar to the one you mention... guess what they´ll be talking about :sad:

RaniaRocks said:
I'm, however, some how chocked by the fact that she was incinerated, is not our custom at all although it has become somehow "popular" on the last years.
It's becoming more and more usual.
In Europe, burial became the most usual rite after the arriving of Christianity, mostly because that was the rite applied to Jesus Christ and also because it's more according to our believe in the final resurrection. For some time, cremation was associated with antireligion (mostly because it was reintruduced by the French Revolution), and the Catholic Church even prohibited it through the Canonic Code of 1917, but once the antireligious conotation passed, the Church has fully accepted cremation for catholics (even if still showing some preference for burial). The RCE establishes that, in case of cremation, the rites (which are usually done inside the chapel or near the grave) can happen inside the crematory room, as well.

As for suicide, the Catholic Church used not to allow those who commit suicide to recieve religious rites. During the middle ages (when the graves were placed inside the church) those who deliberately had committed suicide had to be taken outside holly soil. But it doesn't happen abymore. I read someone saying here that suicides cannot be buried in the catholic cemitery... so I would like to remember that cemiteries are not religious, but municipal places, opened to everybody... there's no such thing as Catholic cemiteries...
Anyway, that old canonic rule had disappeared in the new CDC of 1973, although a certain irregularity persists (vd. CDC 1041,5; 1044, 1).

Last edited:
merce76 said:
Yes, it´s a different place. How horrible for them to go through that with all the press in there again. I send them all my love and strength in this difficult time.
I hope it´s not going to be aired on TV, I mean live :ermm:

Thanks for that:flowers: I agree I hope the press will leave them alone

merce76 said:
Duncan, I do agree with you. But tonight there´s another silly program on TV similar to the one you mention... guess what they´ll be talking about :sad:

Well, let's see if the royal house also watches "Saturday Sweet Life" until 2 a.m. and sends another shocking communiqué... They should give the same privileges to all channels!

As for Antonio Vigo walking with the girl, yes it was shown on TV, of course, twice, on the program "We Have Some Tomato Here". He seemed relaxed and smiling and he said to the reporters "Let us go through, you skinny guys". The girl's face wasn't shown (it's forbidden by the law). No communiqué was sent by the royal house press service at this time.

Elsa M. said:
I read someone saying here that suicides cannot be buried in the catholic cemitery... so I would like to remember that cemiteries are not religious, but municipal places, opened to everybody... there's no such thing as Catholic cemiteries...

Actually, at least in the Philippines, that's not true. In my father's province there is one street separating the Protestant cemetery from the Catholic cemetery. Though my mother and myself are Catholics, my father's family is not and they are buried in the Protestant cemetery. It just probably just depends on the country.

Yes, let´s see what happens tonight. But I´m almost sure that they will show ALL the images they have of Érika, the mourning, the little girl being chased and all that. Is it only in Spain people are so interested in things as horrible as this? I mean, to have the information is our right but not to go that far.

I guess if the Royal House didn´t send a estatement ot comuniqué this time because it was Carla and her dad- and they´re not royals :question:

MoonlightRhapsody said:
It just probably just depends on the country.
Yes, probably. Cemiteries are a recent reality (just dating from the 19th century). The first cemetaries were considered as sacred places (as a whole), but since they become laic places, the blessing started to be given to each grave, during the funeral.
I don't know about your country, but here (and in Spain) that's it. ;)

Last edited:
Gosh poor Carla being chased but its good to see that her dad is supporting her. I seriously hope that the press stop acting this way. I realise that they have a job but i do not believe it is in the job description to harass a young child who has just lost her mother!
Also, to blame Letizia is completley unfair on all parties and will put extra unnecessary stress on her in her pregnancy. I realise not all press are acting this way however those who have been acting in the ways described in this forum should hang their heads as I sincerely doubt they would accept this treatment if they were in the same situation!

The communiqué also pointed out that the Queen couldn't come in time for Thursday ceremony because the plane in which she was flying was very old and had to stop for fuel.

Great job for a press service, now citizens have to worry over the fact that the Queen flies in very old planes!

crm2317 said:
I seriously hope that the press stop acting this way.

Sometimes one hopes that the press stop acting at all.

We heard the press saying so many silly things these days, you can't imagine! In my opinion, the treatment given to Erika and Letizia has been shameful. They are turning two ordinary women into monsters.

I completely agree Duncan as you can see from my above comments. One has to wonder if the feelings of the people they are writing about are considered at all. All they seem to think about is their story and making money

Duncan said:
The communiqué also pointed out that the Queen couldn't come in time for Thursday ceremony because the plane in which she was flying was very old and had to stop for fuel.

Great job for a press service, now citizens have to worry over the fact that the Queen flies in very old planes!

Sometimes one hopes that the press stop acting at all.

We heard the press saying so many silly things these days, you can't imagine! In my opinion, the treatment given to Erika and Letizia has been shameful. They are turning two ordinary women into monsters.

Very instructive, your news about the "communiqué"(s) of press service of Royal House ( I suppose!)

Where did you find them? Particulary for the first one?

Perhaps they are realizing that it is better to counter the rumors and innuendos that are based on pure speculation before they get out of hand and become part of the news cycle.

As ridiculous and irresponsible as these programs and tabloids are, they have the ability to shift perceptions with their half-truths and interpretations of what they want to argue is the truth. Even headlines as ridiculous as "Liz Taylor abducted by aliens and has twins" sometimes has consumers.

Elsa M. said:
It's becoming more and more usual.
In Europe, burial became the most usual rite after the arriving of Christianity, mostly because that was the rite applied to Jesus Christ and also because it's more according to our believe in the final resurrection. For some time, cremation was associated with antireligion (mostly because it was reintruduced by the French Revolution), and the Catholic Church even prohibited it through the Canonic Code of 1917, but once the antireligious conotation passed, the Church has fully accepted cremation for catholics (even if still showing some preference for burial). The RCE establishes that, in case of cremation, the rites (which are usually done inside the chapel or near the grave) can happen inside the crematory room, as well.

As for suicide, the Catholic Church used not to allow those who commit suicide to recieve religious rites. During the middle ages (when the graves were placed inside the church) those who deliberately had committed suicide had to be taken outside holly soil. But it doesn't happen abymore. I read someone saying here that suicides cannot be buried in the catholic cemitery... so I would like to remember that cemiteries are not religious, but municipal places, opened to everybody... there's no such thing as Catholic cemiteries...
Anyway, that old canonic rule had disappeared in the new CDC of 1973, although a certain irregularity persists (vd. CDC 1041,5; 1044, 1).

Yes, as I said it has become more popular but still is not our custom, only a really small percent choose that method, we ussualy buried our relatives on a normal cementery grave, my English is limited so I hope you can underestand my point.

Last edited:
RaniaRocks said:
Yes, as I said it has become more popular but still is not our custom, we ussualy burried our relatives on a normal grave, my English is limited so I hope you can underestand my point.
Yes, I perfectly understand what you're saying... it's not the most usual but it's not rare at all. Al I did was providing a background explanation, in case anyone is interested to know why cremation still sounds akward to some us...

adelaide said:
Where did you find them? Particulary for the first one?

All the statements I mentioned were included in a communiqué sent by the royal house press service (according to Mariñas, the bewildered journalist that read it) to the program "Where Are You, My Heart?" on Friday night.

The funeral service is about to begin.

Duncan said:
All the statements I mentioned were included in a communiqué sent by the royal house press service (according to Mariñas, the bewildered journalist that read it) to the program "Where Are You, My Heart?" on Friday night.

The funeral service is about to begin.

Thanks fo your answer. If i understand have read this informations on (???) of a "bewildered" journalist, i'm sorry but it's me who is bewildered about this news!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom