The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
I have not contributed one word to this thread. What can I say? That I feel pity for the Ortiz Rocasolano family? Does that matter at all, for them?

But I myst say I feel bad by all the underlying sensationalism and voyeurism in this thread. Now even ompletely with videos and discussing pictures et al. And it is going on, and on, now almost 16 pages !

dear henri,
may i add a coment to your remark. i know it does not absolutely matter to them that we say how sorry we are for what happened. but probably, almost certainly it does not ever matter not even when they get married and we say how lovely the bride looked, or not either when they have an official engagement and we comment on tehir appearence or anything else. however i guess this is the main reason for such a forum, to express our thoughts. i personally sincerely feel sorryy for what happened, and if i may comment the pictures, what i can say is that tehy sincerely make me sad, because they look so honest and so 'human'. letizia does not look like a princess, but like a normal older sister, and is passing through what EVERY older sister or human being would be feeling, irrespective of being a princess or not.

i mean no offense henri. some comments MIGHT be over the limit. what is definitely over the limit is definitely this speculation. if she committed suicide, no one can judghe her cause nobody knew what she was feeling, so we have to respect her, and her family. although, as henri says, this does not matter to them.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Gentry

By the way, you people are being very respectful here at this forum.

On the other hand, I just saw Matías Prats, a very reputed anchor, on the evening news of Antena 3 stating that the police is studying a "working hypotheses", which he openly mentioned, plus some details. I was surprised to hear him going into details like that, since other channels have been much more cautious, or so it seemed to me.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
By the way, you people are being very respectful here at this forum.

On the other hand, I just saw Matías Prats, a very reputed anchor, on the evening news of Antena 3 stating that the police is studying a "working hypotheses", which he openly mentioned, plus some details. I was surprised to hear him going into details like that, since other channels have been much more cautious, or so it seemed to me.
Yeah I was quite shocked to hear this too, coming from antena 3 especially. Usually they 'keep to the rules' if you like, because they are a big TV station and can't afford to get into trouble.

Perhaps they have heard something we haven't
Old 02-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
yeah. I agree. voyeurism is a good word for it.
It is voyeurism. It is amazing the amount of people who 'turn out' to see a good funeral. The church was packed inside and out with strangers for my young son's funeral.

I am sure Letizias baby will be fine, they are very resiliant.

However this poor girl met her end is immaterial, my heart goes out to all of her family and friends.

Old 02-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ...sOfIa....
Perhaps they have heard something we haven't
Well, sOFIa, I, for one, I think I've heard it all.

I am sick so I spent much of the day watching TV. I saw the "yellow" or "pink" journalists, especially on Antena 3 and Telecinco were very, vey upset because the written media issued in the morning had published things they didn't dare to say the previous day. So maybe some channels decided to air those hints in the serious news, just like some serious newspapers had done in the morning.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
It is voyeurism. It is amazing the amount of people who 'turn out' to see a good funeral. The church was packed inside and out with strangers for my young son's funeral.

I am sure Letizias baby will be fine, they are very resiliant.

However this poor girl met her end is immaterial, my heart goes out to all of her family and friends.

Isnt it vouyerism the people that "turned out" to see a royal weddin¿. For me is the people wantin to be with their princess
Old 02-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
But surely this was a mark of respect for your son? Some people, regardless of whether they know the person or not, wish to pay their respects.

In the case of Erika, people are interested (in Spain especially) because she is the sister of our future Queen, and in magazines and newspapers we sometimes read stories about her, she is a 'known' figure. However, I think the way the press followed Paloma last night and the way people are 'pressing' for Erika's cause of death to be known are being a little disrespectful.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Aristocracy

I for one am just glad that little carla will have some memory of her mother. And at least Erika's parents and siblings got to spend 31 years with her. its just sad that her life was cut so short.
Old 02-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is sad, very sad, and even worse seeing everything what creates the press around, though in Spain we should be accustomed, because lately a sector of the press enjoys these things.

Though it seems to me to want to do only polemic, on the previous commentary, two things. If they had greeted them inside, the press and you had criticized them for hiding or for wanting to conceal something. If someone remembers, last Friday the Royal Family went to a funeral, and they were greeted at the entry and dismissed to the exit in the exterior. The King is the King, and must be received as such.

Really it is sad and unnatural that a grandparents and a parents see like die the youngest of the family.

Today to my, and I believe that there are many people we have surprised with Letizia, in spite of the immense pain, in spite of her condition, pregnant woman of 6 months ... she has been the PRINCESS OF ASTURIAS ... I don´t know wherefrom she has extracted the forces.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Nobility

She's obviously a very strong woman and has a great deal of family support. Still, it's clear that she is devastated by this tragedy.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Nobility

Well all these discussions are about Erika was not a public figure, so we don't have the right to know etc. etc.

But what I feel is this; I have heared yesterday a young woman suddenly died and left a little girl. The young woman had two sisters, with one of her sisters she had shared a house. The woman had still both of her parents, and now they have to burry their doughter. The woman was very close to her sisters and they are shocked by the news.

It appears that I know the sister of this woman, (not personally, but still) I am deeply shocked by this news, and I can't imagine what the sister will feel and what thoughts she might has. Because I care for the sister, I am crying and talking about my feelings.

Not because she is a royal, not because she was related to the crownprincess, not because I am bored and want to gossip and be sentimental.
But because this is such an tragic sudden death, for someone so young, who leaves a little girl. And because I care for Letizia. But still if I did not know Letizia, I still would be shocked.

So stop being so negative about the fact we are all so talkative and upset about someone who died who wasn't a royal.

two years ago, when I was still in High school, I girl died in a motoraccident. The reactions on the school were so enormous, so out of control, so unexpected, THE WHOLE school turned op at her funeral, the whole school!!
And clearly not the whole school knew her ofcourse.. but the shock, the tragedy did it all..
Old 02-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
If they had greeted them inside, the press and you had criticized them for hiding or for wanting to conceal something.
If you are referring to me, please don't make this kind of gratuitous assumption. I didn't and I wouldn't criticize them either way, not for that reason.

Yes, I like polemics and discussion, but I am familiar with this forum and I won't come here with provocative intentions, don't worry.

An interesting thing I saw this afternoon, the speech (on Channel No.4) by Pilar Rahola, a noted polemicist and pro-republic former politician. She made a strong attack on a recent article by Jaime Peñafiel in which he seemed to put the blame on Letizia for the death of her sister. She asked of him a public apology. I think she was really brilliant, even people that don't usually agree with her will appreciate.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Nobility

I am very sad too about this news, especially for someone so young. Although Erika was known to the public because of Letizia, she was not really a public persona. At the moment I think everyone is curious about the cause of death, but like many have said is it really none of our business. In the way of this world, sad as it is, someone else will be tomorrow´s news...with time the media will probably forget and the reasons for her death will remain private which is probably the way it should be.

My sympathy to her family and friends.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Duncan, you're getting a Spanish TV station in New York?
Old 02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
Courtier

From Antena3

VIDEO:
Old 02-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Duncan, you're getting a Spanish TV station in New York?
I'm in Spain right now, but in NY, if you have Time Warner Cable, five bucks will buy you the Spanish channels TVE Internacional and Antena 3 Internacional and TVE Noticias 24Horas, besides Discovery en español, CNN en español and others. (Let's be clear, I'm not being paid for this ad.)
Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 PM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
Yahoo! Resultados de la búsqueda de noticias para erika ortiz

Yahoo! Resultados de la búsqueda de noticias para erika ortiz

Juancarlistas AntiZp

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 02-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Majesty

Condolences to Crown Princess...
Her sister was too young to pass away
Old 02-08-2007, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henri M.
I have not contributed one word to this thread. What can I say? That I feel pity for the Ortiz Rocasolano family? Does that matter at all, for them?

But I myst say I feel bad by all the underlying sensationalism and voyeurism in this thread. Now even ompletely with videos and discussing pictures et al. And it is going on, and on, now almost 16 pages !

You have contributed with a reply.

Sensationalism? voyeurism? I remind you that you are in a forum about royals. In this forum there are a lot of pics of King/Queen/Prince/Princess in official events (gala dress, tiara,...), in private events (with boyfriend/girlfriend...). When you watch those pics you practice voyeurism or sensationalism because you are watching parts of life that people that you do not know. So please, be serious and you do not acusse us of something that every people in this forum do, including YOU.

To all those that we followed the news on Princess and in general on Royal Families are interested in their life. The life is flood of good and bad moments.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
You have contributed with a reply.

Sensationalism? voyeurism? I remind you that you are in a forum about royals. In this forum there are a lot of pics of King/Queen/Prince/Princess in official events (gala dress, tiara,...), in private events (with boyfriend/girlfriend...). When you watch those pics you practice voyeurism or sensationalism because you are watching parts of life that people that you do not know. So please, be serious and you do not acusse us of something that every people in this forum do, including YOU.
Very very correcl, you touched the point
We ALL should not be hypocrits.

Closed Thread