The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Courtier

I feel for Letizia and here family. I crying when I see these photos:(

Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Aristocracy

Oh Poor Letizia...... It breaks my heart to see her this way

Old 02-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayralorenzo
Oh my God, I am so sad for Letizia :(

http://cotilleando.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1170941586
This is such a sad picture, very touching
Old 02-08-2007, 10:11 AM
Heir Apparent

http://cotilleando.com/attachment.ph...1&d=1170943688
Old 02-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Aristocracy

I am really sorry for Letizia and her family...
Despedida a Erika Ortiz | elmundo.es
Old 02-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Again, everyone, until and unless there is an announcement as to the fact that there was a suicide, let's not speculate nor comment on this. If you wish to carry on a private conversation about this subject matter, please do it via private message.

Empress
Old 02-08-2007, 10:15 AM
Serene Highness

These photos are heartbreaking I feel so bad for Letizia and her family.

I'm very suprised that the funeral was held already. Its so quick. Its sad if Telma wasn't able to make it.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Nobility

Those photos speak volumes for the relationship between Letizia and the Royal side of her family, how very moving to see.

In my lifetime I have been lucky in that I have lost two much loved grandfathers, I say lucky as they were old and had lived their lives to the full.

The emotions involved in loosing a young sister or family member must be shocking, and I can;t imagine burying them so soon.

I obviously understand some religions mean you have to have a fast burial but I did not realise this was the case in Spain.

You can see the raw pain on Letizia's face and inside she will feel the same in a few days time but it is not so new.

With my grandfathers we had 3 -4 days to gather our family together, cry, weep and yes I cried on the day of the burial but I could control it a little more.

My heart goes out to the Ortiz family, yes the media must be a pain right now but they have more important things on their minds and it may only be much later they feel angry towards the media.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Commoner

feel so sad for the family, especially for Letizia.....

The thing i fear most for Letizia is that she might be thinking it's all her fault. If she hasn't had married a public figure...........if her poor sister hasn't been under public eyes because of her marriage..............

godsh......i really hope Letizia will be strong for the sake of her unborn baby, her caring husband and his families, and also for us......
Old 02-08-2007, 10:21 AM
Courtier

Yes, I am quite worried about that too. Her current pregnancy hasn't been that easy for her so far...handling the usual pressure...and now this...
Old 02-08-2007, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent

I did not see Letizia's two grandmothers. May be they could not stand on their feet.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

so the body was interred today? that is a rather quick funeral. is there a reason why they acted so quickly?
Old 02-08-2007, 10:31 AM
Aristocracy

The one of Alicante was there, walking behind Letizia, Felipe, Paloma and her husband.
Don't know if there are photos yet.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
I do not understand why they are so in hurry for the funerals, they could wait for Queen Sofia and Telma. I would not be "happy" if they did not wait me for my sister's funeral.
Is it a religious obligation in the Catholic Church to do the funeral immediately? I know for muslims yes it is, but for Catholics?
It's a decision of her parents, I thik so. As soon as they received the corpse decided to make the ceremony, responso, not a funeral, and to come to the incineration. (sorry for mi Inglish, a translation)
Old 02-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Nobility

I saw Enriqueta crying..
Old 02-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Oh the pictures of Letizia are so moving.
When I see her crying I could start crying, too. It must be a horrible day for her. I totally feel with her and the whole family !

Old 02-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by YanJP
feel so sad for the family, especially for Letizia.....

The thing i fear most for Letizia is that she might be thinking it's all her fault. If she hasn't had married a public figure...........if her poor sister hasn't been under public eyes because of her marriage..............

godsh......i really hope Letizia will be strong for the sake of her unborn baby, her caring husband and his families, and also for us......
Ok, let's just not even go there. IT is certainly not her fault, and that is a road that I do not think that we want to take in these discussions.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:37 AM
Commoner

The body wasn't interred. The body was incinerated. This is not the funeral, just a prayer for her, the funeral will be in Asturias
Old 02-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Nobility

Those pics made me cry, I can't imagine how Letizia and her family must feel. This is so sad...
Old 02-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by barakillo
The body wasn't interred. The body was incinerated. This is not the funeral, just a prayer for her, the funeral will be in Asturias
Ah, do you mean that they will transport her in Oviedo, make a new religious office, and after proceed to the cremation.
So why did they do THIS office.

Are the SRF going to be again present there?