The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

From Terra:

Telma Ortiz “is destroyed” and will travel as fast as it's possible to Spain

Telma Ortiz, the sister of the Princess of Asturias and Erika, deceased yesterday in Madrid, “is destroyed” and will try to fly today to Spain from the Philippines, where she resides, according to her friends and companions of work who have spoken with her.
Telma Ortiz (33), who works at the moment in Manila in Spanish Agency of Internacional Cooperación (AECI), is very affected since she found out the death of her sister.
The sister of the Princess of Asturias is trying to find a flight to be able to travel as soon as possible to Madrid. Nevertheless, due to the hour difference with Spain (seven hours of advance), she has not been able to travel yesterday and she hopes to be able to do on Thursday.

Old 02-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Barcelona Princess Cristina de Borbon arrives back to home after to know the news about the died of Erika Ortiz, the younger sister of Princess Letizia the crown princes of Spain - pictures
Pictures from polfoto

Old 02-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Serene Highness

So does this mean Telma will not be at the funeral of her sister? How sad
Old 02-08-2007, 08:55 AM
Serene Highness

This is such sad news prayers go out to the whole family and to her daughter at this time .
Old 02-08-2007, 08:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
From Terra:

Telma Ortiz “is destroyed” and will travel as fast as it's possible to Spain

Telma Ortiz, the sister of the Princess of Asturias and Erika, deceased yesterday in Madrid, “is destroyed” and will try to fly today to Spain from the Philippines, where she resides, according to her friends and companions of work who have spoken with her.
Telma Ortiz (33), who works at the moment in Manila in Spanish Agency of Internacional Cooperación (AECI), is very affected since she found out the death of her sister.
The sister of the Princess of Asturias is trying to find a flight to be able to travel as soon as possible to Madrid. Nevertheless, due to the hour difference with Spain (seven hours of advance), she has not been able to travel yesterday and she hopes to be able to do on Thursday.
I do not understand why they are so in hurry for the funerals, they could wait for Queen Sofia and Telma. I would not be "happy" if they did not wait me for my sister's funeral.
Is it a religious obligation in the Catholic Church to do the funeral immediately? I know for muslims yes it is, but for Catholics?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Heir Apparent

New moment pic from hola. SO SAD

EL FURGÓN CON LOS RESTOS MORTALES DE ERIKA ORTIZ SALE DEL INSTITUTO ANATÓMICO FORENSE
Old 02-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Nobility

I have already seen the arrival of the family to the tanatorio. Princess Letizia was really desolate...she was crying
Old 02-08-2007, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
I have already seen the arrival of the family to the tanatorio. Princess Letizia was really desolate...she was crying
Oh my god. Can you post a TV link, or do a snapshot? I do not have TVE.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Serene Highness

LA REINA NO PODRÁ ESTAR EN LA DESPEDIDA DE ERIKA ORTIZ

The Queen will not be at the funeral

Although it tried it all and nothing more to know the news of the death of the small sister of the Princess of Asturias interrupted its trip of cooperation in Indonesia undertaking return to Spain in a long flight with scales in the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh, to leave the International Cooperation State secretary, Leire Pajín, and to the other members of the delegation, and in Dubai, finally the Will not be able to arrive at the farewell of Erika Ortiz.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003
Oh my god. Can you post a TV link, or do a snapshot? I do not have TVE.
Elmundo

http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.ne..._portada_6.jpg
Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

The spanish press seems really intruisive btw, filming a crying Letizia, or judging from the pitures of Letizia's mother or at the house of Erika. I wish they would give them some privacy to cope with their grief instead of making money out of other people's misfortune.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
The spanish press seems really intruisive btw, filming a crying Letizia, or judging from the pitures of Letizia's mother or at the ouse of Erika. I wish they would give them some privacy to cope with their grief instead of making money out of other people's misfortune.
Unfortunately, this is normal. It is disgusting to tell it, but these people "live" thanks tho these sad circumstances.
Remember Diana's dying video...
Old 02-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_R
Thanks
It is so shocking
Old 02-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Royal Highness

Some photos from elmundo and abc

Despedida a Erika Ortiz | elmundo.es
Último adiós a Érika Ortiz Rocasolano
Old 02-08-2007, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Spain's Princess Letizia reacts as she arrives at funeral service for her youngest sister Erika Ortiz Rocasolano at La Paz cemetery in Tres Cantos, near Madrid, February 8, 2007. Spain's royal family on Thursday turned out in force to support the family of Princess Letizia at the funeral of Erika Ortiz who was found dead in her apartment on Wednesday. REUTERS/Sergio Perez (SPAIN) - picture
Old 02-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Aristocracy

Oh my God, I am so sad for Letizia :(

Old 02-08-2007, 09:50 AM
Aristocracy

It's so impresive to see her so sad and pregnant

http://estaticos02.cache.el-mundo.ne..._portada_7.jpg
Old 02-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Princes Letizia:
The princess has said these words at the exit of the Church, before she has started to cry

" Thanks to all the persons who have felt scarcely for the death of my youngest sister"
Old 02-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

Seeing these pictures, I feel sick. I can only imagine what the family must be feeling, their pain and grief.