Death of Erika Ortiz, Princess Letizia's Sister: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voyeurism

I have not contributed one word to this thread. What can I say? That I feel pity for the Ortiz Rocasolano family? Does that matter at all, for them?

But I myst say I feel bad by all the underlying sensationalism and voyeurism in this thread. Now even ompletely with videos and discussing pictures et al. And it is going on, and on, now almost 16 pages !

:sad:

Last edited:
I think it is wonderful that Letizia has her family and her in-laws supporting her through this horrible time. Grief is something that I would rather not have to show in public but seeing her crying shows us that she is a human and does have feelings.

I have read here that the press is intrusive to the family. I told myself I would not come and see the pictures but I did any way. I guess in a way we are also intrusive by wanting to see the pictures. My question is why do any of us need to see the princess and her family in pain.

seto said:
I have read here that the press is intrusive to the family. I told myself I would not come and see the pictures but I did any way. I guess in a way we are also intrusive by wanting to see the pictures. My question is why do any of us need to see the princess and her family in pain.

This is a very huge question. How many millions of people wached Diana's funeral, or Princess' Grace?
Because people who are interested in these celebrities, feel close to them, and need to wach them in their hapiness and ALSO in ther pain. Did you wach their wedding? Of course !
But I think, if they did not want to be taken on pictures, they were able to avoid, but they accepted it.
This is very difficult for Letizia's family because they are not used to, but for the born royals, it is not discussable. You share everything with your people, joy and pain.
In they know that we ALL love them, and we suffer for them

Her_Majesty said:
This Video is really sad. Letizia trys to be strong and thank the people but she can't hold back her tears. :cry:

What is Letizia saying? I can't hear her well enough to understand much of the Spanish. The poor, poor thing. My heart breaks for her.

I think there is nothing wrong to see these pictures! This Forum is due to discuss all things regarding Royals, good and bad things! We must see pictures so we can discuss them here! Princess Letizia is in the public eye, due to that she has a forum dedicate to her an her family so I think everything regarding her can be discuss here, good and bad things! Of course everyone has curiosity to know Letizia's life, otherwise we wouldn't come here!!

Tinika said:
What is Letizia saying? I can't hear her well enough to understand much of the Spanish. The poor, poor thing. My heart breaks for her.

"quiero dar las gracias a todas las personas que han sentido pena por la muerte de mi hermana pequeña"

"I want to thank to all the people who have felt pain by the death of my small sister "

fandesacs2003 said:
This is a very huge question. How many millions of people wached Diana's funeral, or Princess' Grace?
Because people who are interested in these celebrities, feel close to them, and need to wach them in their hapiness and ALSO in ther pain. Did you wach their wedding? Of course !
But I think, if they did not want to be taken on pictures, they were able to avoid, but they accepted it.
This is very difficult for Letizia's family because they are not used to, but for the born royals, it is not discussable. You share everything with your people, joy and pain.
In they know that we ALL love them, and we suffer for them

Thanks for your answer I guess to me it feels like I'm intruding you know , she wasn't royal she was the princesses sister.

seto said:

I don't know. I feel ashamed of it. :sad:
We don't need to see this pictures, there is not one reason. We know it is heartbreaking, we do not need to see pictures to know this is a nightmere to the family. :ohmy:
It is kind of voyeurism. :ermm:

fanletizia said:

The photo of Jaime, I think it is, pressing Letizia's hand to his cheek is incredibly sweet and moving.

All these pictures are incredibly moving... It is all the more moving to see letizia with thta big belly and this sad look on her face.
I wonder where is adelaide. She loves and admires Letizia so much, it's weird she didn't come yet to the forum...

I'm really sorry for her and for her family. I am shocked by this news.

mirrjam said:
We don't need to see this pictures, there is not one reason. We know it is heartbreaking, we do not need to see pictures to know this is a nightmere to the family. :ohmy:

yeah. I agree. voyeurism is a good word for it. we've seen lots of royal funerals etc and sadness by relatives of the deceased but to have the raw grief that is usually kept behind closed doors splashed all over the media is a bit much.

I have never had anyone really close to me die before. When I heard about this I felt sad, but the awfulness of it didn't really hit home with me until I viewed these photographs and videos. Now, after seeing the raw grief on these people's faces it makes me hurt with them in the deep of my heart. I now can pray for them better, grieve with them more, because it has hit home. It's the same way with the awful tradgedy of September 11, 2001. I live in the U.S., but in the south. I heard about the news and thought how terrible it was, but it really didn't hit home with me until I had seen the footage and photographs. I think this is a good reason for making these photos available for public viewing.

kdc26 said:
I think it is wonderful that Letizia has her family and her in-laws supporting her through this horrible time. Grief is something that I would rather not have to show in public but seeing her crying shows us that she is a human and does have feelings.

Hey, they're family...royal or not royal, I couldn't possibly have expected something different...

Regarding the human-feelings thing, we probably tend to forget that being a royal apart from being a lifestyle, is mainly a job - at least that's how I see it. But please, she IS human just as any of us!

I think it is terribly sad, but unfortunately life is like this. Letizia´s life is in the public eye cause she is the future Queen of Spain. I think it is very brave to let the press and more important her people to share this with her, as they have shared the beautiful moments of her life.

I hope this news wont affect her already troubled prenancy

biboquinhas said:
I think there is nothing wrong to see these pictures! This Forum is due to discuss all things regarding Royals, good and bad things! We must see pictures so we can discuss them here! Princess Letizia is in the public eye, due to that she has a forum dedicate to her an her family so I think everything regarding her can be discuss here, good and bad things! Of course everyone has curiosity to know Letizia's life, otherwise we wouldn't come here!!

Right, well

mirrjam said:

we did not go INTO their home. These pics are taken outside.

sesa said:
I feel for the family and Princess. my heart goes out to them for their loss.
I hope that the rumors are not true and she was not suffering from depression and committed suicide.
whatever the cause, I hope she is at peace now. And I'm glad that the Princess has a strong bond with her husband and his family. She and the new baby will need all thier strength to deal with her sorrow.
My brother was 30 when he passed away from Aids, and to have a life taken away at such a young age hurts deep.

It appears that you and I have something in common. My brother was killed in a car accident when he was 23. IMO, watching the parents suffer is the worst part in all of this. Please accept my condolences for you loss.

God bless the this young woman's family.

Verde Esmeralda said:
Hey, they're family...royal or not royal, I couldn't possibly have expected something different...

Regarding the human-feelings thing, we probably tend to forget that being a royal apart from being a lifestyle, is mainly a job - at least that's how I see it. But please, she IS human just as any of us!

That is exactly how I intended that to be read. It is hard to attach emotion when typing online. Sometimes it seems like people think Royals aren't allowed to have personal feelings. I in no way meant that to sound like a put down towards her.

Sad letiza was very heartbroken :sad: :sad: thank you for photos..

Any idea when will know the causes of this terrible death¿

kdc26 said:
That is exactly how I intended that to be read. It is hard to attach emotion when typing online. Sometimes it seems like people think Royals aren't allowed to have personal feelings. I in no way meant that to sound like a put down towards her.

No one believes royalty does not have personal feelings. they're human. I am sure royals weep and grieve deeply when their loved ones die. It's just that the public doesnt usually see it.

I dont know. I mean Letizia did allow these photos to be taken. she could have rushed in the door wearing sunglasses or something like that. but I cant helping feeling like the photos have a voyeuristic quality to them.

Oh I cant imagine what Telma is going through she was not able to make it in time . And my heart goes out to letizia she looks so sad but to lose your baby sister at such a young age must be heartbreaking also.

pollyemma said:
so their will be no public confirmation as to whether was natural causes or suicide? I'm not sure that's a good idea considering all the speculation and rumors floating around.

I agree with you pollyemma, sadly the press and public want to know and they'll keep pushing and inventing stories 'till the truth is released, IMHO they should disclose it just to give little Carla some peace:sad::cry:

everytime I think about that little one I feel awful :cry:

As long as the family knows...its really no one else's business IMO.

Again, Letizia is a member of the royal family, Erika was not. And really, people are going to think what they want any way as evidenced by the various opinions of this board. We can all see the same picture and have our own view on what it is saying.

Zonk said:
As long as the family knows...its really no one else's business IMO.

Again, Letizia is a member of the royal family, Erika was not. And really, people are going to think what they want any way as evidenced by the various opinions of this board. We can all see the same picture and have our own view on what it is saying.

I agree with you it is none of our business . As for her daughter I am sure when she is old enough to understand they will tell her what happened to her mother.

TLLK said:
It appears that you and I have something in common. My brother was killed in a car accident when he was 23. IMO, watching the parents suffer is the worst part in all of this. Please accept my condolences for you loss.

God bless the this young woman's family.
thank you for your condolences. Please accept mine for you. As I stated in another thread about this, one thing my mother kept repeating when my brother passed away is that "Children should bury their parents. Parents should not have to bury their child/children".
My brothers anniversary of his death is next month and when I see these pictures I feel the pain that Letiza is showing on her face. When I see her parents, I think of my mom and the pain that she felt and the grief she had to endure.
Truthfully, I think the family is in too much pain, confusion as to the sudden loss, and many other emotions that they are dealing with to even notice the intrusion of the press. And at this point, the press is just a tiny inconvience. Dealing with the grief and helping each other understand is what is important. Inside of closed doors or outside in public for everyone to see makes no difference when your in this kind of pain.
speaking of which, have the news reported anything of the state of health of the Princess? In a couple of those pictures, it looks as if she is ready to collapse. I'm sure she has the best of help and there is already a doctor on hand, but she sure looks as if she needs some rest.
If they had the funeral today, than at least the hardest part is over. Now they just have to come to terms with her death, if that is at all possible for them.

I've just seen the news on TV, and I noticed that Letizia sort of kneeled before hugging the King, during the funeral. Does she do this on a regular basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom