The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 03-25-2007, 03:57 AM
fanletizia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,269
Countdown to Princess Letizia's delivery - Preparations

A month to give light
Princess Letizia fulfills her pregnancy the last weekend of April

Doña Letizia will maintain, in the measurement that its state allows it, her agenda of work. This second pregnancy is being to him much more difficult that first, in which also it had annoyances. Sources near the Royal Family have explained who Doña Letizia suffers gastric annoyances. In addition, after the death of its smaller sister, Érika, the mood of the Princess is not good.

ELPAIS.com - Un mes para dar a luz - Gente y TV
__________________

__________________
  #2  
Old 03-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Rossina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *****, India
Posts: 4,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
A month to give light
Princess Letizia fulfills her pregnancy the last weekend of April

Doña Letizia will maintain, in the measurement that its state allows it, her agenda of work. This second pregnancy is being to him much more difficult that first, in which also it had annoyances. Sources near the Royal Family have explained who Doña Letizia suffers gastric annoyances. In addition, after the death of its smaller sister, Érika, the mood of the Princess is not good.

ELPAIS.com - Un mes para dar a luz - Gente y TV
Good news ....i cant wait to see the baby..
__________________

__________________
  #3  
Old 03-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,052
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
I can't believe they havn't changed the constitution in Spain yet
I can believe it. I doubt the constitution will be changed until Felipe and Letizia have decided they are done having children. Yes, maybe it's unfair that a little brother might someday leap frog over his sisters to be the heir before them. But that's the way it is in some countries still. And lets not forget that's how Felipe got his position. Obviously that is the preference by most b/c if it wasn't the constitution would have been changed before Felipe had ever been married(like it was in Norway, it was changed in 1990 in Norway long before Haakon ever met M-M).

Personally, I think that the situation in Spain will continue until F & L are done having kids. Then if they have 3 girls or 4 girls or however many girls when they say they are done, at that time the constitution will probably be changed. Which is exactly what happened in Denmark many years ago to allow Q. Margrethe to inherit the throne. Margrethe was actually 13 before the constitution was finally changed to allow her to someday be queen.
__________________
  #4  
Old 03-25-2007, 02:22 PM
lilytornado's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: -, United States
Posts: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
I can believe it. I doubt the constitution will be changed until Felipe and Letizia have decided they are done having children. Yes, maybe it's unfair that a little brother might someday leap frog over his sisters to be the heir before them. But that's the way it is in some countries still. And lets not forget that's how Felipe got his position. Obviously that is the preference by most b/c if it wasn't the constitution would have been changed before Felipe had ever been married(like it was in Norway, it was changed in 1990 in Norway long before Haakon ever met M-M).

Personally, I think that the situation in Spain will continue until F & L are done having kids. Then if they have 3 girls or 4 girls or however many girls when they say they are done, at that time the constitution will probably be changed. Which is exactly what happened in Denmark many years ago to allow Q. Margrethe to inherit the throne. Margrethe was actually 13 before the constitution was finally changed to allow her to someday be queen.
Why should they change the constitution then? If Leonor only has three sisters, she will automatically be the heir. If they say they are done having children then, no reason to change it.
Only if she has a brother, the boy will become the heir. Then they would have to change the constitution if they want Leonor to become queen.
__________________
  #5  
Old 03-25-2007, 02:29 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilytornado
Why should they change the constitution then? If Leonor only has three sisters, she will automatically be the heir. If they say they are done having children then, no reason to change it.
Only if she has a brother, the boy will become the heir. Then they would have to change the constitution if they want Leonor to become queen.
My mistake I didn't realize that was the law in Spain. I thought it had to be changed to allow Leonor to be queen at all. I thought only males could inherit the throne in Spain. But you are right sorry!

p.s. I just did a little research and it says on wikipedia that Leonor's stem cells have been frozen at a blood bank in Tucson, Arizona. That's not odd about the stem cells being frozen I know that's a very smart practice in recent years. But why in Arizona all the way over in the United States? That part seems strange. Is there no blood bank in Spain that stores stem cells?
__________________
  #6  
Old 03-25-2007, 02:49 PM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
I hope that everything will be all right with them.
__________________
  #7  
Old 03-25-2007, 02:54 PM
LaChicaMadrilena's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cracow, Poland
Posts: 2,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
p.s. I just did a little research and it says on wikipedia that Leonor's stem cells have been frozen at a blood bank in Tucson, Arizona. That's not odd about the stem cells being frozen I know that's a very smart practice in recent years. But why in Arizona all the way over in the United States? That part seems strange. Is there no blood bank in Spain that stores stem cells?
There are some banks but blood stored there is anonimus, i. e. everybody who is ill can "take" it to be cured. You can't leave there the your child's blood and then, when it's necessary, use it for the same kid. I don't really know why there was such a mess in press about it, Infanta Cristina did the same with her two youngest kids and Mary too (?- not 100% sure here ) and they weren't as criticized as Felipe&Leti.
__________________




  #8  
Old 03-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
There are some banks but blood stored there is anonimus, i. e. everybody who is ill can "take" it to be cured. You can't leave there the your child's blood and then, when it's necessary, use it for the same kid. I don't really know why there was such a mess in press about it, Infanta Cristina did the same with her two youngest kids and Mary too (?- not 100% sure here ) and they weren't as criticized as Felipe&Leti.
I was kind of, sort of keeping up with F and L when Leonor was born. But I'm much more into royalty now at the present. So I really don't remember that whole thing about the stem cells at all. I didn't realize it was a mess in the press. And yes, you are right the wikipedia article I read also said that Mary did the same when Christian was born.
__________________
  #9  
Old 03-25-2007, 05:31 PM
rchainho's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Portugal
Posts: 2,506
according to my schedule she is going to have baby in the end of april. el pais said that is going to be in the beginning of april?
__________________
my new forum:http://crownroyals.proboards.com/
  #10  
Old 03-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Anna_R's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Posts: 3,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchainho
according to my schedule she is going to have baby in the end of april. el pais said that is going to be in the beginning of april?
El Pais said that April is the last month of her pregnancy, so she'll have her baby around the end of April, beginning of May.
__________________
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift... That's why it's called present...
  #11  
Old 03-25-2007, 07:30 PM
mapian's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: ., Spain
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
p.s. I just did a little research and it says on wikipedia that Leonor's stem cells have been frozen at a blood bank in Tucson, Arizona. That's not odd about the stem cells being frozen I know that's a very smart practice in recent years. But why in Arizona all the way over in the United States? That part seems strange. Is there no blood bank in Spain that stores stem cells?
LaChicaMadrilena is right. In Spain deprived umbilical cord blood banks did not exist, only public and very few hospitals gather this blood, is a quite new practice. The reason to choose that blood bank of Arizona, was because the Ruber clinic, hospital where Leonor was born, worked with them.

Recently there are authorized the first deprived umbilical cord blood banks in Spain.
__________________
  #12  
Old 03-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Aurora810's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapian
LaChicaMadrilena is right. In Spain deprived umbilical cord blood banks did not exist, only public and very few hospitals gather this blood, is a quite new practice. The reason to choose that blood bank of Arizona, was because the Ruber clinic, hospital where Leonor was born, worked with them.

Recently there are authorized the first deprived umbilical cord blood banks in Spain.
I find it all really interesting! Thanks to both of you!
__________________
  #13  
Old 03-30-2007, 03:44 AM
fanletizia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,269
Maximum secret in the Ruber the International facing the next birth of the second daughter of Princes de Asturias

An official spokesman of the center has confirmed to the Confidential Digitalis that the order is “not to already say anything to anybody” on the plan designed before the near birth of the future Infant. One treats, he explains, of internal norms, “of above”. He confirms to ECD that Zarzuela, in this case, has not imposed anything

El Confidencial Digital
__________________
  #14  
Old 03-30-2007, 11:29 AM
Mari_*'s Avatar
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pty, Panama
Posts: 1,047
I think, you never know exactly with this.. these situations are so unpredictable. IMO she could give birth anytime now.. actually when my mom was pregnant with me she went on november 23 to the gynecologist and the Dr. said to her "Oh no don't worry you are due in about three weeks (I was supossed to born like on december 8th or someday near).. Well suprise! I was born on that very night, my mom was coming from the Dr. and she broke water on the elevator!!

You see with Leonor.. first the King said she was due in december, then the official communicate said in november and everybody was expecting the baby by the middle of november and then little Leonor surprises us everyone coming to the world the last day of october..
__________________
..F&L..
  #15  
Old 03-30-2007, 07:43 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,734
My mother excpected me a week AFTER I was born. But it seems she eated a very good "puchero" (a dish that consists in meat, chicken, pig and vegetables boiled) and it pushed me a little... She almost delivered me in her way to the hospital. Fortunately, I could wait a little more time and was born normally.

Vanesa.
__________________
  #16  
Old 03-30-2007, 10:44 PM
lilytornado's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: -, United States
Posts: 504
My mother expected me two weeks earlier! So if Letizia is due in May, the new infanta could also come in June , but I really don't think so, very unlikely . I guess we just will have to wait and see.
__________________
  #17  
Old 03-31-2007, 05:50 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000
Good news ....i cant wait to see the baby..
Me too.
__________________
  #18  
Old 03-31-2007, 06:27 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: n, France
Posts: 610
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000
Good news ....i cant wait to see the baby..

Me too.
Ans so do I!

The next full moon is on April 2nd...and then on May 2nd... so maybe the birth will be rather sooner than later!!
__________________
  #19  
Old 03-31-2007, 09:10 AM
adelaide's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: paris, France
Posts: 2,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia
A month to give light
Princess Letizia fulfills her pregnancy the last weekend of April

Doña Letizia will maintain, in the measurement that its state allows it, her agenda of work. This second pregnancy is being to him much more difficult that first, in which also it had annoyances. Sources near the Royal Family have explained who Doña Letizia suffers gastric annoyances. In addition, after the death of its smaller sister, Érika, the mood of the Princess is not good.

ELPAIS.com - Un mes para dar a luz - Gente y TV

I'm just reading the EL Pais 's article, do you know the "incorporations" wanted for the Pincess to the Dr Reacasens's team ?
__________________
  #20  
Old 04-08-2007, 10:30 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 629
It seems like everyone is already up on their toes at Ruber Hospital, so the childbirth could be in a few weeks now. I found this article online written by Consuelo Font. I would translate it myself, but it's gonna be a lot of work because it's too long, so sorry for google's grammatical errors.

Sunday, 8 of April of 2007. Year: XVIII. I number: 6321.
CHRONICLE

DOCUMENT THAT IT PROHIBITS TO SPEAK OF THE CHILDBIRTH

I SIGN IT the personnel of the clinic where he will give to light Doña Letizia. The numerous medical equipment remained without vacations

CONSUELO FONT

In the Ruber hospital the International of Madrid, private center where princess Letizia will also give to light his second daughter and eighth granddaughter of the Kings, began to the past perceive an unusual activity from end of month of March. Members of the security of Zarzuela, already began by those dates to do swept by all the building, using dogs police, crossing the culverts and using detectors of devices under earth. Also, feuntes of the Clinic assures that strict instructions have occurred to the sanitary personnel already: the direction of the center has made them sign a document committing itself not to keep awake no detail of the childbirth or the stay of the Princess in this clinic. Also it has been insisted to them on which, while Doña Letizia is entered, they must shine in visible place his identity tag, avoiding that intruders strain themselves or some paparazzi. The three suites are already reserved that the Princess will occupy arrived the moment - in the lighting of Infant Leonor she lodged in the number 10-, and taking into account who almost half of the maternity plant will be released for the occasion, including the boardroom to receive illustrious visitors, in center have begun to make managements to derive patients from gynecology to other plants. Next also the carp will settle in the garden where Prince Felipe will appear before the journalists after the lighting.

The reason is based in which, according to it has occurred to know, in Zarzuela April weekend of or principle of May like possible date is shuffled around the last so that the childbirth takes place. According to medical sources near the real family “With enough probability, one is going away to him to also practice the Caesarean one, even can that is programmed date. A uterus like the one of Doña Letizia, who already has a previous scar by the same intervention, is more fragile and is in greater danger to break itself. It is a risk that usually does not assume any gynecologist, and except a professional of the prestige of Recasens being the patient who is” (this is probably why we haven't really seen her that much by physicians' orders unlike Maxima and Mary-----Cher) . Nevertheless, to venture a date, specially in the case of the princess is dangerous. Infant Leonor went ahead almost three weeks to the predicted date.

Therefore, the princes are not displaced to Majorca with the rest of the real family these vacations of Easter. But also because in the final straight line of the pregnancy, he was not advisable that the Princess traveled in airplane. In addition, this second pregnancy has been still more difficult that first. “It is being called on to Me to suffer, I am worse than in the previous pregnancy, as it must be therefore the nine months, I die”, recognized the own Princess. Again, the continuous vomits triggered a irritativa gastritis to him, that caused a permanent malaise to him, to which was united the emotional blow of the tragic death of their sister Erika in the month of February, that lowered it deeply. Like consequence, official activities in this pregnancy have not been programmed him hardly, leaving him freedom so that it accompanied the Prince when it was well.

The eventuality of an advance of the childbirth has motivated that all the medical device and hospitable of the Ruber the International already it is prepared in forecast of which the lighting takes place at any time. Specially, the specialists who take care of the Princess, which they have had to spend his vacations of Passover if not “of guard”, at least if “in guard”.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Máxima - Official Biography carlota King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima and family 7 02-18-2009 07:34 AM
Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2004 - July 2008 nouwrein Archives 393 07-27-2008 06:42 AM
Guess the sex of Princess Letizia's baby Anna_R King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family 83 11-27-2006 04:18 PM
Princess Letizia's Family, News Part 1: November 2003 - May 2006 Dennism Current Events Archive 198 05-17-2006 04:50 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events duchess of cambridge fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]