Countdown to Princess Letizia's delivery - Preparations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aurora810 said:
Good job LaChicaMadrilena, at wikipedia it says it was announced on Novemeber 27th. Great memory to be so close to the date!:flowers:
Hahaha, thanks, I would like to have such memory during my test on history next week ;) Not much hope for that, though :cool: God, this kid better hurry!

I read on Danish Royal watchers that Letizia has been admitted to a maternity ward?

I just went there, I didn't see a thing.

crm2317 said:
I read on Danish Royal watchers that Letizia has been admitted to a maternity ward?

I think that you are mistaken,what a scare!:lol:

Lauritas138 said:
I think that you are mistaken,what a scare!:lol:

I am not mistaken by it but they have the wrong information. Under the section- the friends were told by text message it says:

Both Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik had immediately been informed about the birth of the princess and they were, according to the Crown Prince, “just as ecstatic and happy as the first time”.

In Spain they know that Crown Princess Letizia, who has also been committed to a Spanish maternity ward, expects yet another daughter. But here the excitement lasted to the very last minute as to whether it would be yet another prince or a princess, which many hoped for.

It will be a confusion in the draft or the translation of the news. For the present time in Spain we continue waiting :ermm: , and in the Ruber only the press is, concretly the journalists and photographers those who this night have touched the guard.:lol:

Here in Spain the mass media has said nothing so... we will continue waiting for the great news!

I didn't mean to startle anyone I was just stating what I read.:flowers:

crm2317 said:
I didn't mean to startle anyone I was just stating what I read.:flowers:

Don´t worry, in any case thanks for the information. Now I hope that stop the tachycardias:lol:

planetcher said:
Amniocentesis is not to detect the baby's gender. It's a test to detect chromosomal disorders (i.e. Down's syndrome etc.), defects, or other infections. I'm sure her physicians were able to determine the sex just by ultrasound or sonogram. Most of the time you would be able to tell the sex of the baby at 20 weeks and often at 16 weeks. With modern equipment, you can even see it as early as 12 weeks. However, it would also depend with such factors as fetal position and the thickness of the abdominal wall. The absence of the penis is not necessarily evidence that the baby is a girl though. The 3-lines sign (the labia) is the accurate indication of the female gender. On that note when did Casa Real announce the baby's gender again?

You are correct that amniocentesis is used to detect chromosomal disorders, but in obtaining the chromosomes to detect any disorder you also have the baby's entire genetic code which is direct evidence of the baby's sex. Also, there have been instances where amnio has been used SOLELY to detect gender. The "3-lines sign" is NOT a 100% accurate indicator of female gender, and ultrasounds/sonograms are also not 100% accurate.

I am sorry if this message comes across as a bit strong, but as a physician, I am constantly amazed at the "wives tales" that pop up on here to explain this or that. For whatever reason, the crown-princely couple knows that they are having a girl and decided to announce it publically. The means whereby they obtained the information and why they did it are private and will remain that way unless they divulge the information. Let's leave it at that.

It is also not unreasonable for them to have performed an amnio given Letizia's age. I believe they are recomended for pregnant women over the age of 35. True, she is only 34 maybe it was just a precaution. Whichever way they came to the conclusion that it's going to be a girl. Although I don't think it will matter what the baby's gender is. Boy or girl, this child will be loved by it's family, and the people of Spain and the world over.

Now we're just waiting for Pss Letizia to delivery. I wish her a smooth and easy delivery.

can't wait to see some pics.

From the beginning I had a feeling that Mary was gonna go before Letizia again, also with this baby. But then Letizia's belly did seem bigger, so I changed my mind, but Mary did give birth before! But I really don't think it's gonna take long before Letizia gives birth now ;)

Yes, the only princess who left to give birth is Princess Letizia, I'm soooo exciting all the atention is for her now.

Paella for the journalists bet in the Ruber :lol::ROFLMAO::lol:

(...)
A madrileñan catering company wanted to have an attention with the reporters and flattered them with a paella.

The detail was very well received by the workers of the different mass media who, after long hours of delay, could eat something warm.

In the neighborhood of the hospital there is only a small pertaining one to sport facilities in which it is difficult to eat something more elaborated than a sandwich.

Article and video:
Paella para los periodistas apostados en el Ruber - 20minutos.es

I love Paella..and certainly I love sandwiches too! I wish I was one of those journalist! :lol:

But maybe it is Princess Letizia who must have eated the paella to push the baby to born! My mother delivered me after a good puchero (an Argentinian classical meal that consist in cow, chicken and pork meat boiled along with vegetables) that she eated in a Restaurant! She expected me a little later...:ROFLMAO:

Vanesa.

Paella? how delight!:lol:

I think that this is a good idea to brighten up waits of the journalists who have been several days already waiting!

Well and if Princess Letizia will delay for more two weeks her delivery date?Those journalists will be there for more two weeks? I think they are overeacting a bit because when Princess letizia start her labour they will be informed of that and what everyone wants to see is Letizia out of the Clinic with her new child and at that time they will be informed for sure!!So I think Journalists are beeing a bit overenhanced by staying there all theses days, do they sleep there? Well I really don't want to be a Journalist if I had to stand out in the streets for so many days!

Every day I log on and expect Leti to have given birth, but every day I'm suprised. Well, babies come when they are ready, not when we are.

About the journalists: I don't remember if it was on this thread or not, but the reason they are there is because if a photographer gets a candid picture of Letizia entering Ruber Clinic, or of Felipe waving out a window (a la W-A), or even the first pictures of the new infanta, then that photographer will make enough money from selling that one picture, just one, to pay all their bills for a month- or sometimes, even a year. Some of these types of pictures have even been known to go for $100,000!! For $100,000 for a couple weeks work, I'd stand outside Rubers- just pass me the paella!

Well is like winning the lottery, but a really big effort for them!

biboquinhas said:
Well and if Princess Letizia will delay for more two weeks her delivery date?Those journalists will be there for more two weeks? I think they are overeacting a bit because when Princess letizia start her labour they will be informed of that and what everyone wants to see is Letizia out of the Clinic with her new child and at that time they will be informed for sure!!So I think Journalists are beeing a bit overenhanced by staying there all theses days, do they sleep there? Well I really don't want to be a Journalist if I had to stand out in the streets for so many days!

Why not, it sounds like fun! :flowers: I mean, that many journalists of different newspapers and magazines and different countries. You get to meet a whole lot of people. I think it would be great. Imagine being the first reporter to give the news that letizia is in the hospital giving birth. I'd love it. Besides the weather so far is not bad and they are being given sandwiches and paella, and bathrooms are close. If I were a reporter I'd definity be there,having the time of my life.

Here there is an ample news article with photos of Letizia and her two pregnancies.

Count down of a pregnant : all the speculations and images of the princess Letizia´s belly , to point for the childbirth.
Cuenta atrás de la embarazadísima: todas las especulaciones e imágenes de la barriguita de la princesa Letizia, a punto para el parto - Nosotras.com : para mujeres de hoy

The cameras take days located in the Ruber Clinic, waiting for the Most real childbirth… How will be? How will be called?

The second daughter of the princes of Asturias will be born in few days, perhaps hours, for joy of her little sister Leonor and her parents, but also of all the press unfolded around the Ruber Clinic.

One said that it would be at the end of this month or like very behind schedule at the beginning of May, and the sense of expectancy already is national: the sources consulted by the specialized press explain that the forecasts in the Rúber Hospital International, where the birth will be, they are also of normality, and that, therefore, does not exist calendar fixed for the moment for giving birth.

“The things will be when it arrives” is the phrase that is more listened to these days . And before the provoked mediatic sense of expectancy, the prince of Asturias, Felipe de Borbón, asked for “tranquillity” before the birth of his secon daugther and indicated that the girl will be born by natural childbirth, to avoid new Caesarean to princess Letizia.

Last edited:
Does the Prince have said that the baby girl will be born from natural childbirth?

The princes hope that the childbirth is natural but nobody knows as the childbirth will be developed. Can that the childbirth is natural or to have to do a Caesarean one.

The Prince has said that there is no set date just when nature intends. I assume from this that they are hoping for a naturel birth. It was the same with Leonor but a caesarian was later rewuiered due to non-progression of labor:flowers:

Well I think they will try to have a natural birth but almost all statistics say that if one couldn't go into labor in the first pregnancy with the second baby the statistics say that probably is going to happen the same!And IMO there is no need to put someone in pain for so long and then do a C-section. And also because there is less than one year between the two births! But of course maybe they are thinking very different from me!

Last edited:
Do you think they will bring Leonor when they present the infantita ?

I hope they'll do. I enjoyed to see all the boys of Christina in Irene's birth ! And a little sad not to see Christian in her sister's birth at the clinic.
But I don't know what they'll choose taking count of the security and importance they want to give at the infantita !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom