Countdown to Princess Letizia's delivery - Preparations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
princess mathilde have 2 healthy babies in normal deliverys after a c-cection

I'm totally astonishing, actually what's the matter? Who can say that the Prince is hidden so and so? It's a private affair, the details, in fact those given by the doctors will be know after the birth. It seems logical and coherent.

I can't understand this obstination to insiston the fact that the Prince has to say before the birth all what they have decided or not. For me, I repeat it's a childist behaviour and not realistic at all. To be clear it's totally ridiculous, all the birth need calm and serenity, can you imagine the Princess arriving at the Ruber Clinic with photographes 's army and a curious crowd. It's not a spetacle it's a mess!!

biboquinhas said:
Yes I think things are schedule, IMO they are because if Princess Letizia is going to do a cesarina they must know the day! I cannot understand why prince Filipe hide this!!

Felipe isn't hiding anything,it's just none of our business,wait and see,and referring to,especially,spanish rags,is a hoot,una broma!

Especially Aqui hai Tomato,that's as awfull as they come.Well,aqui hai banana's,quiero?Reading through this thread you get a feel of the "conversations" going on just outside a delivery room where everybody is an "expert".....

:ROFLMAO:

i'm surprised when the baby come, i hope very soon, and that everything will be good.

Surprising Mary has to give birth before Letizia!!
I think that the next week will be the great event ,I can´t wait to see the new infantita!!! i´m so exciting!!!!:w00t:

Lauritas138 said:
Surprising Mary has to give birth before Letizia!!
I think that the next week will be the great event ,I can´t wait to see the new infantita!!! i´m so exciting!!!!:w00t:

Yes, very surprising, I was expecting the Infanta first. But I think we don't have to wait long for her either!! :wub: :)

I was kind of expecting Letizia's baby first but if you think about it Mary has stopped her public appearances for awhile now. so I guess it really is no surprise that Mary had hers first. Now lets just wait and see just how long we have to wait until the new infanta is born. I'm mixed there's been so many royal babies born in April so I think well lets get them all here at once but on the other hand maybe it would be better for baby Spain to come the first few days of May. I know lots of attention in the coming days will settle on Mary's bundle of joy and also it is expected that on the occasion of Prince Willem Alexander's 40th birthday, the Dutch RF will show pics of that new family all together with their new addition. Well baby's have their own time schedule.

Aurora810 said:
I was kind of expecting Letizia's baby first but if you think about it Mary has stopped her public appearances for awhile now. so I guess it really is no surprise that Mary had hers first. Now lets just wait and see just how long we have to wait until the new infanta is born. I'm mixed there's been so many royal babies born in April so I think well lets get them all here at once but on the other hand maybe it would be better for baby Spain to come the first few days of May. I know lots of attention in the coming days will settle on Mary's bundle of joy and also it is expected that on the occasion of Prince Willem Alexander's 40th birthday, the Dutch RF will show pics of that new family all together with their new addition. Well baby's have their own time schedule.

The baby of the Princes of Asturias also is creating a lot expectancy anywhere in the world, even there is much more press in the entrance of the Ruber Clinic than in Denmark.So both little girls are going to be much attention these days:flowers:
I can´t wait i can´t wait!!!!:lol:

I have a question and perhaps it's a stupid one but I'm curious about something. Why is the spelling infantita instead of infanta like with Leonor? Does this have something to do with infantita being more appropriate for a baby or pre-birth? Just curious and again it's probably a stupid question. But I don't want to be spelling it wrong and I want to learn.

Aurora810 said:
I have a question and perhaps it's a stupid one but I'm curious about something. Why is the spelling infantita instead of infanta like with Leonor? Does this have something to do with infantita being more appropriate for a baby or pre-birth? Just curious and again it's probably a stupid question. But I don't want to be spelling it wrong and I want to learn.
I hope my Spanish knowledge is good enough after 3 years of learning now. :rolleyes:

I think the Spanish take the ending -tita for something very small and little!
Like chicita for a little girl (chica).
So Infantita is a very small version of Infanta.

Please, someone of the native speakers has to tell me I am right. Otherwise I will turn crazy because 3 years of learning didn't have any "success". :lol:

Aurora810 said:

Infantita is more of a cute "cuddly nickname" meaning little Princess,sweet little thing....:flowers:

I really didn't expect Mary to pop before Letizia ..

Her_Majesty said:
I hope my Spanish knowledge is good enough after 3 years of learning now. :rolleyes:

I think the Spanish take the ending -tita for something very small and little!
Like chicita for a little girl (chica).
So Infantita is a very small version of Infanta.

Please, someone of the native speakers has to tell me I am right. Otherwise I will turn crazy because 3 years of learning didn't have any "success". :lol:

I'm afraid you are a little wrong. Well, it is no TITA, but ITA or ITO if we are referring to a male. So, if you want to say in spanish a little girl, you should say : chiquITA or chiquitITA. You have mistaken the letter C, it is not chiCita but, chiQuita.
If you have any other doubt, please let me know, I will help you.

Infantita is all right. Keep on learning, you are doing well.:flowers:

Last edited:
MissSaga said:
Yeah... I think the first time I really thought she's gonna give birth earlier than predicted was few days ago, on the Queen's birthday. Anyway, no idea where that 3350g girl was hidden:ROFLMAO:, her belly was so small, comparing to Leti's or Maxima's! I know that big tummy not necessarily has to mean big baby and in contrary, but still... :rolleyes:

Thanks Lauritas!
I just knew I would do a spelling mistake. :lol: I don't write much spanish but only speak it and so I always do spelling mistakes. (I guess my former spanish teacher would be truely disappointed by me ).
Well, but it was nearly right, wasn't it? ;)

MissSaga said:

Well, not just you. I also didn't expect the great news from Denmark to come so soon. But the little princess decided to surprise all of us.
But for now, we are going to enjoy the new arrival of Fred and Mary's girl and at the same time waiting anxiously for Leti to give birth.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Yeah... I think the first time I really thought she's gonna give birth earlier than predicted was few days ago, on the Queen's birthday. Anyway, no idea where that 3350g girl was hidden:ROFLMAO:, her belly was so small, comparing to Leti's or Maxima's! I know that big tummy not necessarily has to mean big baby and in contrary, but still... :rolleyes:

I never thought the whole time that Mary's belly was that small I think she is a good dresser and covers her belly well. I also always notice how there are tons of very kind and favorable camera angles on Mary. Maxima always seems big with all of her pregnancies it's just how she is. And Letizia just seems average to me. I would not call her enormous or anything. One thing about Letizia is we've really been able to see her belly but I think Mary kind of concealed hers as much as possible. Just my opinion certainly don't want to start anything. But notice the outfit choices of Letizia's have allowed us to see her belly in all it's glory. Also Mary stopped having appearances awhile ago so we hadn't seen her until the balcony appearance where she was concealed by a balcony railing, her son, and a long coat.

Her_Majesty said:
Thanks Lauritas!
I just knew I would do a spelling mistake. :lol: I don't write much spanish but only speak it and so I always do spelling mistakes. (I guess my former spanish teacher would be truely disappointed by me ).
Well, but it was nearly right, wasn't it? ;)

It is not badly absolutely but this can be improved ,do not forget to say to your teacher that explains better to you the diminutives:lol: :flowers:

LaChicaMadrilena said:

Haha I agree .. But she did look quite big at Queen Magrethe's birthday, she did, especially the pics from side view(obvioustly)..

"Well, I have to say that it should be very accurate (somewhere between 95 and 100% at 20 weeks), particularly after about 20 weeks, or even sixteen. However I must say again that one must remember the sonologist may not always get a good view of the perineum (private parts) of the fetus for a variety of reasons and therefore may not furnish you with an "accurate" answer" source. My point is and this is not too anyone specific but useful information. To me, i think it does not matter how good the Dr. is but saying one sex sometimes is not always correct ex told you were having a boy & you end up with a girl. Anyways, whether she has a boy or girl, i hope she is healthy & well.

And I repeat, there are other means to know the sex of a baby. Let's not be absurd, this one is a topic of State very important in which nobody would risk anything, if they have announced that she is a girl is because they know it to 100 %, the Royal Family and the doctor play all their prestige, and if she was not a girl it would be a scandal. So better to leave the speculations.:bang:

They have said that it is a girl and I really wish that it will be another girl. Leonor and to her sister… two little dolls:wub: :wub:

If they weren't sure that is a girl, they didn't have said anything!!! I think next week will be having a new birth!

Since they announced the gender of the baby quite early I for myself assume that they did an amniocentesis for some reason. To be that secure of the babie´s gender without amnio... on that early moment is IMO quite unusual.

Stefanie said:
Since they announced the gender of the baby quite early I for myself assume that they did an amniocentesis for some reason. To be that secure of the babie´s gender without amnio... on that early moment is IMO quite unusual.

Amniocentesis is not to detect the baby's gender. It's a test to detect chromosomal disorders (i.e. Down's syndrome etc.), defects, or other infections. I'm sure her physicians were able to determine the sex just by ultrasound or sonogram. Most of the time you would be able to tell the sex of the baby at 20 weeks and often at 16 weeks. With modern equipment, you can even see it as early as 12 weeks. However, it would also depend with such factors as fetal position and the thickness of the abdominal wall. The absence of the penis is not necessarily evidence that the baby is a girl though. The 3-lines sign (the labia) is the accurate indication of the female gender. On that note when did Casa Real announce the baby's gender again?

LaChicaMadrilena said:
On November 26th, I think.

Good job LaChicaMadrilena, at wikipedia it says it was announced on Novemeber 27th. Great memory to be so close to the date!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom