The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetcher
Do these things happen with other crown princes too when they're about to give birth? Why is the Spanish press treating this like a big production (platforms, public bathrooms, shade for possible rain) ?
I'm a little confused too. How do they know when the baby is going to be born? I mean is the royal house secretly telling the media when it's "go time" or are they just acting on their own. This just seems a little premature! I really haven't been thinking that the baby won't come until very late April or early May, this week seems a little early to me.

As for your question about other crown princess getting this type of attention. Just a day or two before Princess Maxima had her new baby Ariane there were pics of the hospital published and pics of hakes that were ready to be set up when Maxima was in the hospital. The difference I see is that it looks like with Letizia's case the media is a little premature and has so much set-up already but with Maxima there were smaller things that were there and ready to be set-up but they weren't actually set-up yet. This all seems a little odd.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
I'm a little confused too. How do they know when the baby is going to be born? I mean is the royal house secretly telling the media when it's "go time" or are they just acting on their own. This just seems a little premature! I really haven't been thinking that the baby won't come until very late April or early May, this week seems a little early to me.

As for your question about other crown princess getting this type of attention. Just a day or two before Princess Maxima had her new baby Ariane there were pics of the hospital published and pics of hakes that were ready to be set up when Maxima was in the hospital. The difference I see is that it looks like with Letizia's case the media is a little premature and has so much set-up already but with Maxima there were smaller things that were there and ready to be set-up but they weren't actually set-up yet. This all seems a little odd.
The due date was announced for early May, but because Leonor was born 3 weeks before her due date the press are assuming that it would also be the same case with the second baby that's why they're assuming that she could give birth anytime now.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Do these things happen with other crown princes too when they're about to give birth? Why is the Spanish press treating this like a big production (platforms, public bathrooms, shade for possible rain) ?
Well this is not only for the spanish press also has a lot of intenational journalis acredited!
Old 04-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty
Well this is not only for the spanish press also has a lot of intenational journalis acredited!
That's very true the Spain RF appeals to many around the world. After all it's b/c of Felipe and Letizia that I sought out the TRF's. Back in May of 2004 on my local news stations their wedding was being reported about. It made me curious and here I am today, an avid royal watcher.

When was "early" May reported and was it reported officially by the Royal House? I've never heard early May on any accredited site, I've only heard May. Nothing that has implied early or late but maybe I missed something somewhere. I could certainly be wrong but I just don't think Letizia will give birth this week. I think the press is there a little early. Just because Leonor was early doesn't mean this baby will be I mean it's kind of normal for firstborns to be early, isn't it?
Old 04-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It does seem to be a bigger deal in Spain, than say in the Netherlands where they put up the press barracades a couple days before the delivery. But, isn't that part of the beauty of a forum like this? We learn to just see how things are done differently in different cultures. If you want to pass judgment on it - well that's for you to decide. I just enjoy observing the differences and trying to understand.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Who's passing judgment? It is different in all countries looking back at some of the births in Norway they do things really low key compared to other royal houses. But I don't think anyone is passing judgment we are all just observing. But similar to the British RF reaching so many other parts of the world that is similar in Spain there are many other parts of the world that are going to be interested.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Fan
eek im so pumped lol How much longer? Who do you think will be first Mary or Letizia
I think it will be Letizia..This weekend would be nice..but of course babies have their own agendas..:)
Old 04-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beate
I think it will be Letizia..This weekend would be nice..but of course babies have their own agendas..:)
I agree this weekend works for me. Actually I have no classes on Friday either so really anytime after late Thursday afternoon(east coast, U.S. time) is good with me. How many others are getting obsessed with checking the forums just waiting to see the new thread "Letizia in labor"(or something similar) in the portal? I know I am. I check before I go to bed every night and every morning when I get up.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

So do I Aurora !I hope it will be before this weekend or later because I've got a busy week end and I couldn't watch TV !!!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Commoner

Quote:
When was "early" May reported and was it reported officially by the Royal House? I've never heard early May on any accredited site, I've only heard May.
Early May was reported with the original announcement back in September. Here are the posts that mention it. #3, #8, and #11.

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias have the great happiness of announcing that they wait for the birth of their second baby by the beginning of next May. Their Majesties the Kings want with this motive to add to the great happiness of this happy advertisement
Old 04-18-2007, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
How many others are getting obsessed with checking the forums just waiting to see the new thread "Letizia in labor"(or something similar) in the portal? I know I am. I check before I go to bed every night and every morning when I get up.
You're not the only one Aurora Im looking forward for a thread like "Princess Letizia has been admitted" or something like that. I check before I go to bed and when I get up too!
Old 04-18-2007, 04:33 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg00
Early May was reported with the original announcement back in September. Here are the posts that mention it. #3, #8, and #11.

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias have the great happiness of announcing that they wait for the birth of their second baby by the beginning of next May. Their Majesties the Kings want with this motive to add to the great happiness of this happy advertisement
Well apparently my brain has never recorded the "early" May part just May. I have looked at many sites that say May(ex. wikipedia). That's why lately when everyone has been so into late April for Letizia to give birth I was a little confused. I mean I remember when the announcement was made and everything. I feel really stupid right now. I really never remember "early" May being mentioned until recently.

Well, I must admit I really hope she does have the baby before May comes. I'm quite sure Mary will have her baby in May and I don't want any unneeded comparisons going on. I'm already thinking ahead to the fierce competition in the picture of the month thread.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Maybe this time they won't forget the champaign or cava.. with everything so prepared ahead of time
Old 04-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Nobility

Lol, I´m checking the whole time too...although I guess you cannot really determine the due date based on size, but to me Letizia seems enormous - I can´t imagine she can hold on for another 2 weeks! And taking "lost in translation" into account the reports of the baby arriving by the beginning of May suggest that this should be the latest time she will arrive - here´s hoping she´s on her way
Old 04-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Huge belly doesn´t need to have a meaning. My neighbour was also huge and then it was only amniotic fluid and the baby was only 48 centimetre and even underweight!
Old 04-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Well apparently my brain has never recorded the "early" May part just May. I have looked at many sites that say May(ex. wikipedia). That's why lately when everyone has been so into late April for Letizia to give birth I was a little confused. I mean I remember when the announcement was made and everything. I feel really stupid right now. I really never remember "early" May being mentioned until recently.

Well, I must admit I really hope she does have the baby before May comes. I'm quite sure Mary will have her baby in May and I don't want any unneeded comparisons going on. I'm already thinking ahead to the fierce competition in the picture of the month thread.
I do too and I am checking as well..I also have Friday off :) Yes, the beginning of May is her due date but she was early with Leonor too..here is to hoping. Baby watches are exciting..
Old 04-18-2007, 05:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
In the US, if the media suspects a celebrity wedding or special event they stake out and position themselves at the location to have a good vantage point just in case there really is a wedding. It is probably the same with the media in Spain. Moreover, I would think this event (birth of the new Infanta) is even bigger than a celebrity wedding and it is certain to happen.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

You guys have to remember: CP Mary is set to deliver after Letizia, and they also have the doctors and facilities at Rigshospitalet on call to be ready at a moment's notice, and a special room is being reserved for Mary.
This is not to start a whole Mary-Letizia comparison, but just to remember: these are two of the most popular royal women, who are going to have babies. The first pictures of their newest bundles of joy will bring the photographer tens of thousands of dollars, for just one picture. This is why they need the security. In the Netherlands, all pictures of the RF have to be approved by the RF- but not in Denmark or Spain. Because these babies could come at any time, everyone needs to be ready.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Courtier

I can't speak to the expectation for other royal births because I only follow Felipe and Letizia with regularity, but I did read an interview with a British papparazzi not too long ago who said that in terms of Royals, Letizia is one of the best "gets", so I would imagine that has something to do with the expectation--the photogs are just reserving the best spots.

Most of the reliable sources that I have seen seem to say that the last weekend of April is the anticipated birth time.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

THE MEDIA PREPARATION FOR THE BIRTH OF PRINCESS LETIZIA'S DAUGHTER

London Features International Ltd