Countdown to Princess Letizia's delivery - Preparations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aurora810 said:
How many others are getting obsessed with checking the forums just waiting to see the new thread "Letizia in labor"(or something similar) in the portal? I know I am. I check before I go to bed every night and every morning when I get up.:lol:
You're not the only one Aurora :lol::lol: Im looking forward for a thread like "Princess Letizia has been admitted" or something like that. I check before I go to bed and when I get up too! :lol:

tlg00 said:
Early May was reported with the original announcement back in September. Here are the posts that mention it. #3, #8, and #11.

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias have the great happiness of announcing that they wait for the birth of their second baby by the beginning of next May. Their Majesties the Kings want with this motive to add to the great happiness of this happy advertisement

Well apparently my brain has never recorded the "early" May part just May. I have looked at many sites that say May(ex. wikipedia). That's why lately when everyone has been so into late April for Letizia to give birth I was a little confused. :wacko: I mean I remember when the announcement was made and everything.:wacko: I feel really stupid right now. :sad: I really never remember "early" May being mentioned until recently. :sad:

Well, I must admit I really hope she does have the baby before May comes. I'm quite sure Mary will have her baby in May and I don't want any unneeded comparisons going on. I'm already thinking ahead to the fierce competition in the picture of the month thread.

planetcher said:
Do these things happen with other crown princes too when they're about to give birth? Why is the Spanish press treating this like a big production (platforms, public bathrooms, shade for possible rain) ?

Maybe this time they won't forget the champaign or cava.. with everything so prepared ahead of time :)

Lol, I´m checking the whole time too...although I guess you cannot really determine the due date based on size, but to me Letizia seems enormous - I can´t imagine she can hold on for another 2 weeks! And taking "lost in translation" into account the reports of the baby arriving by the beginning of May suggest that this should be the latest time she will arrive - here´s hoping she´s on her way :flowers::flowers:

Huge belly doesn´t need to have a meaning. My neighbour was also huge and then it was only amniotic fluid and the baby was only 48 centimetre and even underweight!

Aurora810 said:
Well apparently my brain has never recorded the "early" May part just May. I have looked at many sites that say May(ex. wikipedia). That's why lately when everyone has been so into late April for Letizia to give birth I was a little confused. :wacko: I mean I remember when the announcement was made and everything.:wacko: I feel really stupid right now. :sad: I really never remember "early" May being mentioned until recently. :sad:

Well, I must admit I really hope she does have the baby before May comes. I'm quite sure Mary will have her baby in May and I don't want any unneeded comparisons going on. I'm already thinking ahead to the fierce competition in the picture of the month thread.

I do too and I am checking as well..I also have Friday off :) Yes, the beginning of May is her due date but she was early with Leonor too..here is to hoping. Baby watches are exciting..

planetcher said:
Do these things happen with other crown princes too when they're about to give birth? Why is the Spanish press treating this like a big production (platforms, public bathrooms, shade for possible rain) ?
In the US, if the media suspects a celebrity wedding or special event they stake out and position themselves at the location to have a good vantage point just in case there really is a wedding. It is probably the same with the media in Spain. Moreover, I would think this event (birth of the new Infanta) is even bigger than a celebrity wedding and it is certain to happen.

You guys have to remember: CP Mary is set to deliver after Letizia, and they also have the doctors and facilities at Rigshospitalet on call to be ready at a moment's notice, and a special room is being reserved for Mary.
This is not to start a whole Mary-Letizia comparison, but just to remember: these are two of the most popular royal women, who are going to have babies. The first pictures of their newest bundles of joy will bring the photographer tens of thousands of dollars, for just one picture. This is why they need the security. In the Netherlands, all pictures of the RF have to be approved by the RF- but not in Denmark or Spain. Because these babies could come at any time, everyone needs to be ready.

I can't speak to the expectation for other royal births because I only follow Felipe and Letizia with regularity, but I did read an interview with a British papparazzi not too long ago who said that in terms of Royals, Letizia is one of the best "gets", so I would imagine that has something to do with the expectation--the photogs are just reserving the best spots.

Most of the reliable sources that I have seen seem to say that the last weekend of April is the anticipated birth time.

Letizia could give to birth in any moment. Alll this preparation to the proximities of the hospital, has been prepared by the Royal House in order that the journalists could do their job in the best conditions. They (the media) could stay here almost a week, they has to be prepared for rain, the Royal House provide to them with food, drinks etc.

Therefore if the Royal House already has prepared this unfolding probably, it is a sign like, " Guys be ready".

All the Intarnational and National media ( A lot of Latin American medias is already in hospital for the event) wants to catch the moment of the Letizia´s arriving in the Hospital, For that reason they are already waiting.

The Royal House forces all the journalists and photographers to want stay in the hospital, to acredit for safety motives.

Last edited:
Paty said:
Letizia could give to birth in any moment. Alll this preparation to the proximities of the hospital, has been prepared by the Royal House in order that the journalists could do their job in the best conditions. They (the media) could stay here almost a week, they has to be prepared for rain, the Royal House provide to them with food, drinks etc.

Therefore if the Royal House already has prepared this unfolding probably, it is a sign like, " Gays be ready".

Hopefully you mean guys and not gays :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Sorry just couldnt resist

betina said:
Hopefully you mean guys and not gays :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Sorry just couldnt resist
OH:ohmy: :wacko: , sorry, I want mean guys!!!!!:bang:

Thanks Betina!!!!!:lol:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have a feeling it will happen tomorrow!

certainly because it's my last quiet day before July!!!:lol:

The Prince requests tranquillity before the birth of his daughter and says that “there is nothing no programmed”

.........The Prince also commented that infant Leonor knows the meaning the word "sister" when indicating to her mother.:wub:

I have a question: Will go Infanta Leonor to Clinica Ruber when her sister born? What do you think?

Lauritas138 said:
I have a question: Will go Infanta Leonor to Clinica Ruber when her sister born? What do you think?

I don't know, It probably depends on her parents, maybe the press will be too much for Leonor.
But other than that, why not? I visited my little baby sister, when I was not much older than Leonor, in hospital, and it was such a big event for me, that I still remember every detail!

lilytornado said:
I don't know, It probably depends on her parents, maybe the press will be too much for Leonor.
But other than that, why not? I visited my little baby sister, when I was not much older than Leonor, in hospital, and it was such a big event for me, that I still remember every detail!

I think Leonor is toooo young to go to a hospital.

And generally it is being believed that before being 3 years old you can not recall any memory, so dear lillytornado, it is very nice that you have a so sweet souvenir, but you were either much much older than Leonor's 18 months, or your "souvenirs" are simply very strong and repeated descriptions from your family.

irene was ine ruber to visit leonor ....
I think that leonor will visit her little sister and her mothe if letizia stay 1 week at the hospital

I'm sure daddy or her grandparents from either mummy's or dad's site will take her to the hospital. I remember that 6-month old Irene Urdangarin visited her little cousin, along with her parents and Amalia did the same when Alexia was born. It also depends on how long Leti's gonna stay in the hospital. If the birth is another caesarean section, I can't imagine Leo not seeing her mum for a one week.

i also think leonor ir going to visit mum and sister in the hospital with felipe and we are likely to see the happy family together when leaving the hospital.

fandesacs2003 said:
I think Leonor is toooo young to go to a hospital.

And generally it is being believed that before being 3 years old you can not recall any memory, so dear lillytornado, it is very nice that you have a so sweet souvenir, but you were either much much older than Leonor's 18 months, or your "souvenirs" are simply very strong and repeated descriptions from your family.

Well, everyone is different, that is beleived, too, I didn't say I remember my birth; I know other persons that don't remember anything before they were six, I think that is weird, too. It is like with walking, normal is about one year old, but some people are a lot earlier or later. I probably remember more, because I spoke very early and talked always about my memories. It is not weird at all, I know a three year old, that always talks about "When I was two...".
But anyway, I am not the topic of the thread, all I said was, that it is Leonor's parents decision, maybe they don't want her to go all through the stress with the press( entering and leaving), but maybe they want her to be part of of the whole experience. I don't think hospitals are so bad, what is there, a bed with Mom in it and the new baby? Nothing traumatic, I think.

The press couldn't said that they have no means to do their works!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom