The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I don't think there has been any official announcement about this but I guess it's very probable she will give birth via Caesarian again.
If you have given brith before via Caesarian, it's more preferable (and easier) to do it again.
Thanks Avalon. Thats what i thought too. hope it all goes well.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Nobility

El Confidencial Digital
The childbirth of princess Letizia considers “with normality”, without pre-established technical nor previous calendars.

...there is no a previous medical decision in the sense to resort to the Caesarean one for that childbirth. The process will be developed by natural route, and only if the circumstances required it would be decided then, on the part of the gynecologist, if it resorts or not to the system of the Caesarean one.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
I don't think there has been any official announcement about this but I guess it's very probable she will give birth via Caesarian again.
If you have given brith before via Caesarian, it's more preferable (and easier) to do it again.
Not necessarily. It's still possible to do the vaginal birth. Leonor was an emergency C-section baby because Letizia's dilation was not progressing according to Recasens.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

The only thing that exists they are speculations and more speculations, and the only thing that it is possible to do is to expect and to see that it happens ... the journalists and the photographers are doing the business, they speculate and speak what they do not know, before, during and after the childbirth...
Old 04-15-2007, 11:05 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm
thanks for posting the video links
Old 04-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Aristocracy

I am sorry for this question but... how come everyone knows about the sex of the baby? Shouldn't be a secret?
Old 04-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria1999
I am sorry for this question but... how come everyone knows about the sex of the baby? Shouldn't be a secret?
La Casa Real announced it.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

It was announced to avoid too much speculation about it, and the royal family's rules of inheritance. As of now, the Spanish Royal Family has male-preference primogenture, meaning if Felipe and Letizia have a son, he will automatically outrank Leonor, no matter whether he is two years or twenty years younger. This is why Felipe, although the youngest child of Juan Carlos and Sofia, is the heir, not his older sister Elena. However, if Felipe and Letizia have no sons, Leonor will become Princess of Asturias and later Queen of Spain.
If the baby was a boy, or if they didn't announce it, then many people, including government officials, would be debating the issue of male-preference inheritance versus gender-equal inheritance. Felipe and Letizia announced it to (A) protect the Spanish monarchy, (B) stem some of the media, and (C): to keep the focus on the joy of the impending birth of their second child, a happy, blessed event.

However, one has to remember- This law is not a new one, nor an uncommon one!
Belgium changed its laws to equal when Princess Elizabeth was a baby. Sweden changed theirs when Prince Carl Philip was born. Norway changed theirs when Ingrid Alexandra was born, however, Haakon, like Felipe, is the youngest, but outranks his older sister. Britain still has a male-preference rule, as does Denmark, and Luxembourg (I think, but it may be male-only primogenature, I've read something like that)

Old 04-15-2007, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
Belgium changed its laws to equal when Princess Elizabeth was a baby. Sweden changed theirs when Prince Carl Philip was born. Norway changed theirs when Ingrid Alexandra was born, however, Haakon, like Felipe, is the youngest, but outranks his older sister. Britain still has a male-preference rule, as does Denmark, and Luxembourg (I think, but it may be male-only primogenature, I've read something like that)
Denmark changed their law a couple of months ago I think. I'm pretty sure it was discussed on this forum as well.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
It was announced to avoid too much speculation about it, and the royal family's rules of inheritance. As of now, the Spanish Royal Family has male-preference primogenture, meaning if Felipe and Letizia have a son, he will automatically outrank Leonor, no matter whether he is two years or twenty years younger. This is why Felipe, although the youngest child of Juan Carlos and Sofia, is the heir, not his older sister Elena. However, if Felipe and Letizia have no sons, Leonor will become Princess of Asturias and later Queen of Spain.
If the baby was a boy, or if they didn't announce it, then many people, including government officials, would be debating the issue of male-preference inheritance versus gender-equal inheritance. Felipe and Letizia announced it to (A) protect the Spanish monarchy, (B) stem some of the media, and (C): to keep the focus on the joy of the impending birth of their second child, a happy, blessed event.

But in Belgium and Norway and also in the Netherlands the law was changed years ago when there have been no Crown Princely Couple who had just married and became parents.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Now they are expecting a girl, fine. But if they have a third baby, and if it is a boy, what will happend then? Prince Felipe is the third child, after 2 girls, and he will become King. So if they do not change the law, it may be the same story.
Basically, do they want to change the law??
Old 04-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
But in Belgium and Norway and also in the Netherlands the law was changed years ago when there have been no Crown Princely Couple who had just married and became parents.
I think the Spanish constitucion will be changed some day as well. The problem is that the spanish constitucion is rigid, it cannot be changed that easily. And the succession to the thrown is arranged in the constitution, so it's not all that easy. I do believe Zapatero agreed it should be changed, it's discriminatory against women. I just hope they hurry up and don't wait for a boy to be borne!
Old 04-15-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor
I think the Spanish constitucion will be changed some day as well. The problem is that the spanish constitucion is rigid, it cannot be changed that easily. And the succession to the thrown is arranged in the constitution, so it's not all that easy. I do believe Zapatero agreed it should be changed, it's discriminatory against women. I just hope they hurry up and don't wait for a boy to be borne!
Yes but why was the law not changed years ago. I know there has to be a vote in the Cortes with 2/3 majority are for the new Law, then elections after the elections again a 2/3 majority in the Cortes and finally a referrendum. There where elections a few months before the Wedding of Felipe and Letizia. If the had put it just before the election then the law could be changed by now.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes but why was the law not changed years ago. I know there has to be a vote in the Cortes with 2/3 majority are for the new Law, then elections after the elections again a 2/3 majority in the Cortes and finally a referrendum. There where elections a few months before the Wedding of Felipe and Letizia. If the had put it just before the election then the law could be changed by now.
Before the Prince was compromising, nobody thought about it, and later it was very complicated for a political group just before the elections to raise a reform of the Constitution that has not touched in 25 years,besides the process is long, I do not believe that in less than 5 months they could have done it. Now, and after those more than complicated elections (two days after 11M), the political world is too complicated, and there are too many problems and serious all of them that they keep faced both majority groups. And here the paradox comes, though both agree in reforming this point of the Constitution, they it do not go to do because they are faced it is other many things.

Certainly, this one is not the forum to speak about this topic, and there is other one dedicated completely to this debate.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I couldn't agree more Stefan. That would have been perfect. But I'm afraid that the former government was too busy fighting terrorism and it didn't even occur to them. Maybe at the next elections
Old 04-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

If you want to continue the discussion about the Reform of the Constitution, please do so in the Debate on the reform of the constitution thread.

Thank you for co-operation.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Thank you very much. It makes sense.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I'm very happy knowing that Princess Letizia would have her baby girl before the end of this month...I can't wait to see the little face of the newborn. I wonder if she would be similar to the Borbons or to the Ortiz...Infanta leonor is more Borbon , but her round cheeks are more similar to her mother when she was her age...

Vanesa.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Courtier

Arrow

VIDEO from Aqui hay tomate (Telecinco)
Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa
I'm very happy knowing that Princess Letizia would have her baby girl before the end of this month...I can't wait to see the little face of the newborn. I wonder if she would be similar to the Borbons or to the Ortiz...Infanta leonor is more Borbon , but her round cheeks are more similar to her mother when she was her age...

Vanesa.
Vanesa we must to have patience, I think that in ten days approximately the new infantita will be born and we will be able to see whom she looks like ....HOW EXCITING!!!