Countdown to Princess Letizia's delivery - Preparations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All ready one in the Ruber so that the press informs into the birth

The experience is a degree and, seen what it happened year ago and means, the clinic it has already mounted the carp inside the enclosure - the press room that it has is very small in case Don Felipe wishes to personally inform to mass media on the details into the birth into his second daughter, since it did with his first-born.
Also the people in charge of the City council have improved the facilities prepared in the outside of the Ruber so that all the means can develop their work of the possible most comfortable way and have mounted, in addition to the platforms, a portable awning and toilets, that in the unpleasant night from the 30 to the 31 of October of 2005 lay down in lack.

Todo listo en el Ruber para que la prensa informe del nacimiento - 20minutos.es

http://www.20minutos.es/data/img/2007/04/17/584062_tn.jpg

From anp, "imminent arrival...early next week"

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
Vanesa said:
I'm very happy knowing that Princess Letizia would have her baby girl before the end of this month...I can't wait to see the little face of the newborn. I wonder if she would be similar to the Borbons or to the Ortiz...Infanta leonor is more Borbon , but her round cheeks are more similar to her mother when she was her age...

Vanesa.

I think just a few days more. I have a feeling the new little infantita is waiting for her grandparents to be back in Spain. :flowers: How would you feel about this Friday?:ROFLMAO: I sure can't wait!!!

:whistling: That it would be very funny, it would be that this Infanta so expected, going to be on time:whistling exectly for the previous day by the doctors ( or roughly near 6 or 12 hours ):lol: :ROFLMAO: :p

Last edited by a moderator:
princess leonor said:
I think just a few days more. I have a feeling the new little infantita is waiting for her grandparents to be back in Spain. :flowers: How would you feel about this Friday?:ROFLMAO: I sure can't wait!!!

No not Friday I have to work! This baby has to realise that lots of schedules need to be considered!:ROFLMAO:

Well..Lots of stars uses to be late at this appointements. It's their prerrogative! :D If a star said she will be in front of the cameras at 8 P.M she will be there at 10, no doubt! And this little infantita will not be an exception...She already is a star and has her future fans waiting for her! :w00t2:

Vanesa.

princess leonor said:

I don't think so, I almost sure that the little infantita will arrive until May, Princess Letizia doesn't look as tired as she was with Leonor Pregnancy, I think it will be around May 2nd.:flowers: :cool:

Vanesa said:
Well..Lots of stars uses to be late at this appointements. It's their prerrogative! :D If a star said she will be in front of the cameras at 8 P.M she will be there at 10, no doubt! And this little infantita will not be an exception...She already is a star and has her future fans waiting for her! :w00t2:

Vanesa.

I can't agree more.

If Letizia is going to have a caesarean rather than go through natural birth like with Leonor maybe she is already scheduled to go in and that is why they are preparing outside the clinic.

I suppose they are also getting ready as she was three weeks? early with Leonor so if it is a natural labour she could go in at anytime.

Either way I am really looking forward to the birth.

The hospital Ruber prepares the estage to follow step by step the Letizia's second childbirth.

It has mounted platforms, a awning, and even portable bathrooms thinking about the journalists.

The count down for the birth of the second daughter of the Princes of Asturias already has begun. To less than fifteen days in order that the illumination takes place, everything is already prepared in the clinical Ruber Internacional and in his surrounding areas in order that the journalists could develop their labor.

La clínica Ruber prepara el escenario para seguir paso a paso el segundo parto de Letizia | elmundo.es

Unofficial ifmormation

Some Spanish journalits are saying right now that Prinnces Letizia will be addmited in the Hospital Ruber at friday.:cool:

But I don´t bellive because, at Friday Prince of Asturias has a official lunch with the Kings.

Last edited:
I think they say that because Erika was born on the 20 th April... So maybe if it's a cesarian they will program it the same date....
I think it's only speculation from journalist and from me !!!!
The baby will be born whe she wants. I hope soon because I'm really impatiant to see her and Leonor with their parents !

I was thinking... Has the water from the Jordan river (for Infantita's christening) already arrived? I think, if yes, we would have some articles about it... As far as I remember, in Irene's and Leo's case the monks with the water arrived to Spain 2-3 weeks before the birth...:rolleyes:

eek im so pumped lol How much longer? Who do you think will be first Mary or Letizia

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I was thinking... Has the water from the Jordan river (for Infantita's christening) already arrived? I think, if yes, we would have some articles about it... As far as I remember, in Irene's and Leo's case the monks with the water arrived to Spain 2-3 weeks before the birth...:rolleyes:

i think the water arrives just some weeks before the christening, doesn't it?

I though the princes brought back water for Leonor when they went to Jordan. I remember seeing a picture.

Paty said:
Do these things happen with other crown princes too when they're about to give birth? Why is the Spanish press treating this like a big production (platforms, public bathrooms, shade for possible rain) ?

Last edited:
planetcher said:
Do these things happen with other crown princes too when they're about to give birth? Why is the Spanish press treating this like a big production (platforms, public bathrooms, shade for possible rain) ?

I'm a little confused too. How do they know when the baby is going to be born? I mean is the royal house secretly telling the media when it's "go time" or are they just acting on their own. This just seems a little premature! I really haven't been thinking that the baby won't come until very late April or early May, this week seems a little early to me.

As for your question about other crown princess getting this type of attention. Just a day or two before Princess Maxima had her new baby Ariane there were pics of the hospital published and pics of hakes that were ready to be set up when Maxima was in the hospital. The difference I see is that it looks like with Letizia's case the media is a little premature and has so much set-up already but with Maxima there were smaller things that were there and ready to be set-up but they weren't actually set-up yet. This all seems a little odd.

Aurora810 said:
I'm a little confused too. How do they know when the baby is going to be born? I mean is the royal house secretly telling the media when it's "go time" or are they just acting on their own. This just seems a little premature! I really haven't been thinking that the baby won't come until very late April or early May, this week seems a little early to me.

As for your question about other crown princess getting this type of attention. Just a day or two before Princess Maxima had her new baby Ariane there were pics of the hospital published and pics of hakes that were ready to be set up when Maxima was in the hospital. The difference I see is that it looks like with Letizia's case the media is a little premature and has so much set-up already but with Maxima there were smaller things that were there and ready to be set-up but they weren't actually set-up yet. This all seems a little odd.
The due date was announced for early May, but because Leonor was born 3 weeks before her due date the press are assuming that it would also be the same case with the second baby that's why they're assuming that she could give birth anytime now.

planetcher said:

Well this is not only for the spanish press also has a lot of intenational journalis acredited!

Paty said:
Well this is not only for the spanish press also has a lot of intenational journalis acredited!

That's very true the Spain RF appeals to many around the world. After all it's b/c of Felipe and Letizia that I sought out the TRF's. Back in May of 2004 on my local news stations their wedding was being reported about. It made me curious and here I am today, an avid royal watcher.

When was "early" May reported and was it reported officially by the Royal House? I've never heard early May on any accredited site, I've only heard May. Nothing that has implied early or late but maybe I missed something somewhere. I could certainly be wrong but I just don't think Letizia will give birth this week. I think the press is there a little early. Just because Leonor was early doesn't mean this baby will be I mean it's kind of normal for firstborns to be early, isn't it?

Last edited:
planetcher said:

It does seem to be a bigger deal in Spain, than say in the Netherlands where they put up the press barracades a couple days before the delivery. But, isn't that part of the beauty of a forum like this? We learn to just see how things are done differently in different cultures. If you want to pass judgment on it - well that's for you to decide. I just enjoy observing the differences and trying to understand.

Who's passing judgment? It is different in all countries looking back at some of the births in Norway they do things really low key compared to other royal houses. But I don't think anyone is passing judgment we are all just observing. But similar to the British RF reaching so many other parts of the world that is similar in Spain there are many other parts of the world that are going to be interested.

Royal Fan said:
eek im so pumped lol How much longer? Who do you think will be first Mary or Letizia

I think it will be Letizia..This weekend would be nice..but of course babies have their own agendas..:)

Beate said:
I think it will be Letizia..This weekend would be nice..but of course babies have their own agendas..:)

I agree this weekend works for me. :lol: Actually I have no classes on Friday either so really anytime after late Thursday afternoon(east coast, U.S. time) is good with me. How many others are getting obsessed with checking the forums just waiting to see the new thread "Letizia in labor"(or something similar) in the portal? I know I am. I check before I go to bed every night and every morning when I get up.:lol:

So do I Aurora !I hope it will be before this weekend or later because I've got a busy week end and I couldn't watch TV !!!!!!

Aurora810 said:
When was "early" May reported and was it reported officially by the Royal House? I've never heard early May on any accredited site, I've only heard May.
Early May was reported with the original announcement back in September. Here are the posts that mention it. #3, #8, and #11.

Their Royal Highnesses the Princes of Asturias have the great happiness of announcing that they wait for the birth of their second baby by the beginning of next May. Their Majesties the Kings want with this motive to add to the great happiness of this happy advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom