The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Courtier

Continuation:

This medical staff is made up of its gynecologist Luis Ignacio Recasens; the head of the service of neonatología of the Rúber, Fernando Mar, that is also pediatrician of Infanta Leonor, whom they attend doctors Noemí Arribas and Sira Fernandez; the head of the equipment of anesthetists, Marcos Taboada; and, by all means, doctor Fernandez Tapia, military doctor member of the medical equipment of Zarzuela, that exerts of attending physician of the Reina and Doña Letizia.

The service of maternity of this hospital, where it will give to light the princess, occupies all the ground floor of the center, that is ce forms of L. There the rooms are located not only, but also, in the contiguous corridor, the 8 operating rooms and 3 paritorios, as well as the nests and the unit of newborn, with their incubators. Before the birth of Infanta Leonor, works in the plant were made, painting the rooms and equipping it with an operating room more and paritorio. The paritorios are equipped with the most modern techniques, the armchair of childbirths is even anatomical: if there is to practice a Caesarean one, transforms in table of operations. Next to the operating rooms, it is the unit of newborn, in case there is to transfer to new born to the incubator, equipped with complete equipment of fetal resuscitation and where always there are two nurses of guard.

Of the 150 rooms that the center has, 21 is suites, like which Doña Letizia will occupy, of ample size but. Painted in color cream, the bed is equipped with a motor that allows to adopt to the patient the position that wishes. The furniture is functional, is a small table and a table to eat, that is folded on the wall. Also there is a leather armchair brown, and separated by a screen, another armchair that is transformed into bed for the companion, with a small table and a lamp. This suite, that it gives to a deprived garden, is equipped also with climatizador to regulate the temperature, television, customized telephone number, and complete bathroom. Also, by all means, a cradle with wheels, takings of aspiration of oxygen and complete instruments. The price of the room is of 300 euros per night, to which it adds expenses of paritorio and other extras, that double the number to but of 600 euros, without counting the medical honoraria.

With respect to the meals, the Princess follows the diet prescribed for just given light: to the four or five hours of the childbirth, first liquids ingest his, and later, its first menu consists of a broth and a pair of lonchas of jamón of York or a French omelette. Zarzuela does not move any cook, although in the kitchen of the hospital a member of the Real House watches over security question the elaboration of the menu of the Princess.

http://www.elmundo.es/diario/cronica...impresora.html
Cheryl

Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Courtier

Hi everyone!

It is being a while after my last post, but ive been pretty busy at home. Hopefully everyone is doing fine! I cant comment all the things that has happened during this time, which has been a lot, I just hope Letizia has a good labor and everything goes well for her. Wao, it is amazing how much Leonor has grown, she is really a beautiful baby! It was very nice to see her with her parents after all they have going through in the last months. Hopefully Letizia and her family are getting consolation in this time.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, well, well... Letizia didn't accompany Felipe during today's act, even though it took place in Madrid...

Old 04-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Now, could we possibly expect news from both Princess Maxima and Princess Letizia soon...
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Courtier

Oh, that would be wonderful!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Well, well, well... Letizia didn't accompany Felipe during today's act, even though it took place in Madrid...
Her absence today does not mean that she will give birth today (although it would be funny ... together with Maxima ) ... it's too early!
Old 04-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy

It would be funny that Letizia went into labor today since her pregnancy was announced just hours after Maxima's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detta
Her absence today does not mean that she will give birth today (although it would be funny ... together with Maxima ) ... it's too early!
Old 04-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I wouldn't be surprise becouse children want's born when they want! I know that becouse I was one of these children.

If not the day than maybe a month...which I still have a hope.
Maybe next time they will give a birth on the same day
Old 04-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Everything prepared for the birth of the infant

The Ruber hospital the International not yet has confirmed data some.
The mass media have begun to reserve their site in the door of the medical center

Todo preparado para el nacimiento de la infanta - 20minutos.es
Old 04-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Diario Palentino Digital . Toda la información de Palencia

The sweet wait of the Princes

From next week, in any moment, the Princess of Asturias can give birth her second daughter. It will not be an induced childbirth, but bearing in mind that the Infanta Leonor came to this world with a month of advance, it would not be strange that her sister also wanted to see the light before time, of there that in the Ruber Internacional everything is arranged for the birth of the second daughter of the Princes.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Nobility

I heard in tv today that probably the princess could to be admitted in the Hospital the next friday.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

The press has begun their process of collective hysterics and they all speculate and each one says a thing; Leonor went forward and now they do not want that the same thing happens so they all are in alert ... it means that everything is good, for absurd that it is a news concerning Letizia, it is useful to prepare the area for the birth...
Old 04-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Courtier

Talking

Videos from Aqui hay tomate (Telecinco)

Old 04-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm
Videos from Aqui hay tomate (Telecinco)

Definitively the Spanish press is mad ... to see to believe..

Stepladders of different media, some of them chained to ensure their place reservation, are seen outside Ruber hospital in Madrid
http://new2.isifa.com/tools/get_prev...p?idp=13808194
Old 04-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent

And why are they already on ladders. Do they plan to live on them from now until whenever that child is born, which may be weeks from now for all they know. They are nuts!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
And why are they already on ladders. Do they plan to live on them from now until whenever that child is born, which may be weeks from now for all they know. They are nuts!
This article explains it, they make their stairs placed, or the stickers of the agencies of press to obtain the best place ... between the photographers and journalists they respect, like that, the space of each one ... besides they go substituting for the alertness ... organized it is necessary to admit that they are organized well... already are international agencies as Reuters, natives like Efe and magazines as Hola...

La Policía Municipal ya ha revisado las alcantarillas del Hospital donde dará a luz Letizia - 20minutos.es

The Municipal Police already have checked the sewers of the Hospital where Letizia will give to light

It is a question of a measurement of normal safety, before the imminence of the childbirth of the Princess, that, officially, she will not give to light until ends of April or first of may. Since it happened with Leonor's childbirth, Zarzuela has reserved three suites for Dona Letizia, the Prince and the visits of the family.

The accesses to the Ruber Internacional where there will give to light the princess Letizia have turned into a sample of chairs and stairs belonging to the principal informative means. It is not necessary to forget that Leonor's childbirth went forward three weeks on the date foreseen for the account exit. Everything can happen.

In Zarzuela they reduce importance to the unfolding means, " there is no special police guard this weekend we do not also have news of which there is no innovation " has commented an employee of Royal House to 20minutos.es.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the videos agm. It's hillarious that the press has already set up.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

wouldnt it be funny if Letizia actually went into labor begining of May & the new people are waiting outside the hospital for about 2-3weeks. seems that these poeple will do anything just to capture the first pictures. I think they all should wish for a safe delivery & healthy lillte Infanta also, think they shouldleave her alone because its very stressful when your in labor and people taking pictures of you.

Will this be a ceserean too or natural delivery? I know its hard to say but since she had a cecerean maybe this would be one too, i dont know if anything was mentiond.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

All ready for Spanish Royal Birth
By h.b.
Apr 13, 2007 - 1:35 PM

Doña Letizia, the Princess of Asturias, is expected to give birth before the end of the month

Doña Letizia, the Princess of Asturias, is in the final stage of her pregnancy and if the calculations are correct, is expected to give birth on April 30.

However Letizia’s first child, the Infanta Leonor came into the world before full term, and - read full article & source here
Old 04-13-2007, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Will this be a ceserean too or natural delivery? I know its hard to say but since she had a cecerean maybe this would be one too, i dont know if anything was mentiond.
I don't think there has been any official announcement about this but I guess it's very probable she will give birth via Caesarian again.
If you have given brith before via Caesarian, it's more preferable (and easier) to do it again.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread