The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Spain > King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

princess mathilde have 2 healthy babies in normal deliverys after a c-cection

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm totally astonishing, actually what's the matter? Who can say that the Prince is hidden so and so? It's a private affair, the details, in fact those given by the doctors will be know after the birth. It seems logical and coherent.

I can't understand this obstination to insiston the fact that the Prince has to say before the birth all what they have decided or not. For me, I repeat it's a childist behaviour and not realistic at all. To be clear it's totally ridiculous, all the birth need calm and serenity, can you imagine the Princess arriving at the Ruber Clinic with photographes 's army and a curious crowd. It's not a spetacle it's a mess!!

Old 04-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas
Yes I think things are schedule, IMO they are because if Princess Letizia is going to do a cesarina they must know the day! I cannot understand why prince Filipe hide this!!
Felipe isn't hiding anything,it's just none of our business,wait and see,and referring to,especially,spanish rags,is a hoot,una broma!

Especially Aqui hai Tomato,that's as awfull as they come.Well,aqui hai banana's,quiero?Reading through this thread you get a feel of the "conversations" going on just outside a delivery room where everybody is an "expert".....

Old 04-21-2007, 11:34 AM
Gentry

i'm surprised when the baby come, i hope very soon, and that everything will be good.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Nobility

Surprising Mary has to give birth before Letizia!!
I think that the next week will be the great event ,I can´t wait to see the new infantita!!! i´m so exciting!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritas138
Surprising Mary has to give birth before Letizia!!
I think that the next week will be the great event ,I can´t wait to see the new infantita!!! i´m so exciting!!!!
Yes, very surprising, I was expecting the Infanta first. But I think we don't have to wait long for her either!!
Old 04-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

I was kind of expecting Letizia's baby first but if you think about it Mary has stopped her public appearances for awhile now. so I guess it really is no surprise that Mary had hers first. Now lets just wait and see just how long we have to wait until the new infanta is born. I'm mixed there's been so many royal babies born in April so I think well lets get them all here at once but on the other hand maybe it would be better for baby Spain to come the first few days of May. I know lots of attention in the coming days will settle on Mary's bundle of joy and also it is expected that on the occasion of Prince Willem Alexander's 40th birthday, the Dutch RF will show pics of that new family all together with their new addition. Well baby's have their own time schedule.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
I was kind of expecting Letizia's baby first but if you think about it Mary has stopped her public appearances for awhile now. so I guess it really is no surprise that Mary had hers first. Now lets just wait and see just how long we have to wait until the new infanta is born. I'm mixed there's been so many royal babies born in April so I think well lets get them all here at once but on the other hand maybe it would be better for baby Spain to come the first few days of May. I know lots of attention in the coming days will settle on Mary's bundle of joy and also it is expected that on the occasion of Prince Willem Alexander's 40th birthday, the Dutch RF will show pics of that new family all together with their new addition. Well baby's have their own time schedule.
The baby of the Princes of Asturias also is creating a lot expectancy anywhere in the world, even there is much more press in the entrance of the Ruber Clinic than in Denmark.So both little girls are going to be much attention these days
I can´t wait i can´t wait!!!!
Old 04-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Serene Highness

I have a question and perhaps it's a stupid one but I'm curious about something. Why is the spelling infantita instead of infanta like with Leonor? Does this have something to do with infantita being more appropriate for a baby or pre-birth? Just curious and again it's probably a stupid question. But I don't want to be spelling it wrong and I want to learn.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I have a question and perhaps it's a stupid one but I'm curious about something. Why is the spelling infantita instead of infanta like with Leonor? Does this have something to do with infantita being more appropriate for a baby or pre-birth? Just curious and again it's probably a stupid question. But I don't want to be spelling it wrong and I want to learn.
I hope my Spanish knowledge is good enough after 3 years of learning now.

I think the Spanish take the ending -tita for something very small and little!
Like chicita for a little girl (chica).
So Infantita is a very small version of Infanta.

Please, someone of the native speakers has to tell me I am right. Otherwise I will turn crazy because 3 years of learning didn't have any "success".

Old 04-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Infantita is more of a cute "cuddly nickname" meaning little Princess,sweet little thing....
Old 04-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Courtier

I really didn't expect Mary to pop before Letizia ..
Old 04-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
I hope my Spanish knowledge is good enough after 3 years of learning now.

I think the Spanish take the ending -tita for something very small and little!
Like chicita for a little girl (chica).
So Infantita is a very small version of Infanta.

Please, someone of the native speakers has to tell me I am right. Otherwise I will turn crazy because 3 years of learning didn't have any "success".
I'm afraid you are a little wrong. Well, it is no TITA, but ITA or ITO if we are referring to a male. So, if you want to say in spanish a little girl, you should say : chiquITA or chiquitITA. You have mistaken the letter C, it is not chiCita but, chiQuita.
If you have any other doubt, please let me know, I will help you.

Infantita is all right. Keep on learning, you are doing well.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
Yeah... I think the first time I really thought she's gonna give birth earlier than predicted was few days ago, on the Queen's birthday. Anyway, no idea where that 3350g girl was hidden, her belly was so small, comparing to Leti's or Maxima's! I know that big tummy not necessarily has to mean big baby and in contrary, but still...

Old 04-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

thanks everyone I get it.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Lauritas!
I just knew I would do a spelling mistake. I don't write much spanish but only speak it and so I always do spelling mistakes. (I guess my former spanish teacher would be truely disappointed by me ).
Well, but it was nearly right, wasn't it?

Old 04-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSaga
Well, not just you. I also didn't expect the great news from Denmark to come so soon. But the little princess decided to surprise all of us.
But for now, we are going to enjoy the new arrival of Fred and Mary's girl and at the same time waiting anxiously for Leti to give birth.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Yeah... I think the first time I really thought she's gonna give birth earlier than predicted was few days ago, on the Queen's birthday. Anyway, no idea where that 3350g girl was hidden, her belly was so small, comparing to Leti's or Maxima's! I know that big tummy not necessarily has to mean big baby and in contrary, but still...
I never thought the whole time that Mary's belly was that small I think she is a good dresser and covers her belly well. I also always notice how there are tons of very kind and favorable camera angles on Mary. Maxima always seems big with all of her pregnancies it's just how she is. And Letizia just seems average to me. I would not call her enormous or anything. One thing about Letizia is we've really been able to see her belly but I think Mary kind of concealed hers as much as possible. Just my opinion certainly don't want to start anything. But notice the outfit choices of Letizia's have allowed us to see her belly in all it's glory. Also Mary stopped having appearances awhile ago so we hadn't seen her until the balcony appearance where she was concealed by a balcony railing, her son, and a long coat.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty
Thanks Lauritas!
I just knew I would do a spelling mistake. I don't write much spanish but only speak it and so I always do spelling mistakes. (I guess my former spanish teacher would be truely disappointed by me ).
Well, but it was nearly right, wasn't it?

It is not badly absolutely but this can be improved ,do not forget to say to your teacher that explains better to you the diminutives
Old 04-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Haha I agree .. But she did look quite big at Queen Magrethe's birthday, she did, especially the pics from side view(obvioustly)..