Asturias Christmas Holidays in Lanzarote: December 26-31, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people in this forum changed their avatars because of Leonor's pictures? That girl rules!!!:D

crisiñaki said:
How many people in this forum changed their avatars because of Leonor's pictures? That girl rules!!!:D

haha... you're so right, crisinaki!! :) :eek: :D
i'm so addicted to Leonor now... can't get enough of her... :eek: :p
i really really hope they'll do this kind of photo session in the future..

gattica28 said:
If Letizia is old...I'll like to look like her and be that happy! She's looks way better now than at the time of her engagement and the months after that when she was adjusting to her new role as a roya! I see in these pics a woman who is happy, completely in love with her husband and her baby, fulfilled and totally contented with her life!

Seriously! Letizia looks amazing. I am stunned at this new glow she has. Having a baby was the best thing she could have done for her looks. She was pretty before, but now she is radiant. I don't see the 'looking older' thing at all. As far as age goes, she looks the same as she did before giving birth, but she just looks so happy and healthy and wonderful.

CasiraghiTrio said:
Seriously! Letizia looks amazing. I am stunned at this new glow she has. Having a baby was the best thing she could have done for her looks. She was pretty before, but now she is radiant. I don't see the 'looking older' thing at all. As far as age goes, she looks the same as she did before giving birth, but she just looks so happy and healthy and wonderful.

I think there's a huge weight that just have been lifted from her shoulders because she was under pressure to produce a heir and all that stress really took a toll on her, now she feels happy and more free to continue her life next to her families'

Noelle9982 said:
I was totally amazed that Letizia looked so thin after just having the baby esp. comparing her to my sister in law who had her own baby the day after Letizia. I showed the photos to my mother who is an RN and used to work for a cosmetic surgeon and she said that most celebrities and wealthy woman have a scheduled C section and have a cosmetic surgeon on hand when they have their baby to immediately do a tummy tuck.

I'm not saying Letizia did this nor I am insinuating anything, I just thought it was something to think about considering all the great looking celebrity moms that have had babies in the recent years.
Well Letizia did not have a shdueled C-section, she had an emergency c-section after several hour of birth the "normal way" It does not sound like a woman that is concerned with having a plastic cergon there for the birth, then she would have schdueled a c-section from the beginning.

Besides she only gained belly and boobs and due to breastfeeding they are both returning to their normal size:cool:

"She is too concerned about her looks as I said before if she did that"
If anything, time and time again she's shown the complete opposite

"...She did not even look pregnant to me. "
She didn't look pregnant?! Letizia was huge! She was probably one of the biggest out of the recent crop of Royal pregnancies! I'm not quite sure how big you expect pregnant women to get but these days the trend isn't for "all over weight gain", more and more expectant mothers are prefering to go for the healthier option of just gaining weight on their bump.

"Also, the fact that she had pants after a c-section. Usually, you want a dress or something that will not rub against your stomach."
"Usually" being the operative word, everybody's different.

"It is painful...she even had high heels...weird"
As did plenty of other Royal women. My sister was walking round in stilettoes upto the day she gave birth and left the hospital in 3inch pointed boots. Some people are perfectly comfortable in high heels.

Letizia's entire family is slim and she's like the rest of them, it isn't uncommon to lose weight speedily. My mothedr fitted into her jeans 1 month after she had me and I was a big baby!

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.abc.es/abc/pg051230/prensa/noticias/Gente/Gente/200512/30/NAC-GEN-123.asp

According to our sources, after the childbirth, Doña Letizia resorted to the cares of a physiotherapist, who made her massages of lymphatic drainage that help to eliminate liquids. Of course, after seeing her figure in jeans it is clear that the recovery has been amazing. Before the childbirth Doña Letizia used to go to the beauty saloon of Carmen Navarro, where she started her treatments. Now she can continue doing them at home, since, according to the same sources, she is totally dedicated in taking care of her daughter.

Last edited:
http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051230/51213714896.html

Leonor de Borbón is the Infanta of Spain, but she doesn’t know it yet. The daughter of the Princes of Asturias turns two months this dawn, and that will happen in La Mareta, the residence of Lanzarote where the family is resting some days and where the girl is the absolute queen.

Although, in comparison with the frozen peninsular climate, the Canary days continue enjoying an enviable temperature, the truth is that it intermittently rains, the winds and the sun are constantly playing with the clouds, which has not allowed the Princes and their daughter to come outside very much.

In the last 48 hours, after having lunch with princess Alexia of Greece and her husband Carlos Morales, Don Felipe and Doña Letizia did not left the house.

Finally, yesterday, in the middle of the morning, they left La Mareta and went to the centre of Arrecife, through whose streets they have strolled. The Princes received the greetings from the people passing by and made some shopping in several bazaars. Doña Letizia didn’t know Lanzarote, although she had already been in other islands of the archipelago, and, according to our sources, she has been enchanted by it, in spite of the little she has been able to see.

Aside from the rainy weather, the imprisonment of the Princes has also been influenced by the permanent presence of several cars with paparazzi, stationed in frony of La Mareta, ready to follow the family. Don Felipe and Doña Letizia, who are little receptive to the constant presence of the photographers, were hoping that the photographic session of last Tuesday would balsam them, due to their allergy to the persecution of the cameras. However, it is also true that the informative blockade of the Princes does nothing more than exciting the hunting instinct of their photographic pursuers and that is what has happened in Lanzarote.

During their hours of confinement, the Princes have enjoyed the wild landscape that surrounds La Mareta, an enclosure whose main house is hung on a volcanic cliff over the Atlantic. Within the property there are other small constructions, between which it is located a swimming pool, a garden of palms, a tennis court and a heliport. It’s in the hall of the main house that the Princes are enjoying their daughter, the Infanta of Spain that reigns over La Mareta.

Last edited:
In reference to the pants comment regarding the C-Section. You can wear pants its just recommended that you were loose fitting ones. Also bear in mind, that these days....most C Sections are done at the bikini line...so it possible to wear pants. And the wearing high heels are not weird...I have a girlfriend who was 8 months pregnant wearing stiletto's....its just a personal perference.

purple_platinum said:
for those who just cant get enough...

pictures from dpa without watermark (some may've been posted earlier..so many..cant remember..)

I'm totaly crazy of this pictures. TRUELY MARVELLOUS

http://www.diariodelanzarote.com/2005/12/28/lanzarote03.htm

The image of Lanzarote reachs million Spanish thanks to the Princes and to Infanta Leonor Captura of screen of elmundo.es

Madrid, two of afternoon, the temperature goes up to around the 6 degrees Celsius and in the last night it has been arrived at the 2 degrees. In million homes the television is ignited simultaneously that the stoves. In the screen they appear Princes de Asturias in t-shirt with its daughter in arms and under a radiating sun. In Lanzarote mercury exceeds the 20 degrees. It is the synthesis of a gratuitous announcement by which the Patronage of Tourism would have to pay million euros.

281205-elmundo1.JPG
281205-elpais.JPG

The residence of the Mareta de Costa Teguise has become privileged inn of the Royal Family and the president of the Government. The continuous visits of these personages who drag the attention of hundreds of mass media have supposed for Lanzarote a promotion that surpasses any institutional campaign. Soon after which the Princes put this Tuesday in the Mareta, the news circulated around the digital versions of generalist newspapers of national distance.
20minutos with 2,298,000 readers to the day, Elpais.es with almost a million daily visits or Elmundo.es with 7.4 million readers to the month. "the princes change the snow of Baqueira by the sun of Lanzarote" or "the tempering climate of Lanzarote has caused that the Royal Family has gone frequently to the island" were some of the phrases that could be read. Through the hertzian waveses, the Chain To be, with almost 5 million daily listeners, became echo of the visit of the Princes who "looked for the heat of Lanzarote".
The CLOSE-woven PART OF A FISHING NET, Point Radio and Wave Zero did the own thing. The televisions dedicated an outstanding space in their news to the image of Don Felipe, Doña Leticia and Infant Leonor putting in the Mareta. In magazín matinal of Telecinco the presenter commented that the Princes spent their vacations of Christmas "in that wonderful earth that is Lanzarote" and transmitted to more of a million spectators whom the program of average his has envies by not being able to be here enjoying the sun.
The successful programs pink and the press of the heart, always interested in the Royal Family, also focused their attention on the vacations of the Princes. Without a doubt, all a gratuitous promotion that could still be better, if it is confirmed that the Princes decide to visit the Tourist Centers in these days. The photos of the National Park of Timanfaya or the Jameos of the Water could reach more than twenty million people in a single day.

Excuse me, but I type with my little Jack Russell on my kneels! I want to say if you know this charming pic? They all were "chubby" too!! :p

purple_platinum[URL="http://www.diariodelanzarote.com/2005/12/28/lanzarote03.htm" said:
http://www.diariodelanzarote.com/2005/12/28/lanzarote03.htm[/URL]

The image of Lanzarote reachs million Spanish thanks to the Princes and to Infanta Leonor Captura of screen of elmundo.es
This is amazing indeed! Even when they're on vacations, the Princes of Asturias keep promoting Spain and the best that its diverse geography and climate can offer. Everybody keep making $$$ with their image... they're a gold mine for the press, the media, the tourism agencies, the local commerce, etc. The Spanish royal family is permanently accomplishing their role of promoting Spain and the Spaniards (even if they have to sacrifice their vacation time, as it happened this week)... And still, when they escape a few days from Spain, in order to enjoy a little of privacy (as it happened last Summer), the press has no mercy in criticising them for not staying a whole month in Palma da Mallorca under the paparazzi lenses...
I wonder why does Peñafiel use the name of the Princes of Asturias only to bash the royal family, instead of recognizing the so much they contribute to Spain, in all levels :rolleyes:

Fine tuned the Wallpaper, now it comes in two different colours (tell me what you think!;) )

Click to make it bigger:

Beautiful wallpapers Anna_R!:), you are really talented . I love them.

I have travelled and I had not seen the photos... Leonor is very beautiful, I am glad that they have posed this way for the press ... now we still have the baptism;)

http://www.quemedices.wanadoo.es/reportajes/3090_1.html

The girl of her eyes

The princess Letizia did everything possible in order that the Press could catch the blue look of her daughter in Lanzarote

We had never seen the princess Letizia so pawned in facilitating the work to her ex-companions.
Of Christmas vacations in Lanzarote, Don Felipe and his wife wanted to compensate the polemic arisen after being photographed in a mall in Madrid by a put official of the most relaxed thing.
With the intention of enjoying a pleasant stay, the family decided to appear before the cameras and to avoid inconvinient pursuit like that.

With jeans and shirt
Thanks to this photographic session of Tuesday, the 27th in their residence of The Mareta we have seen the great thing that has grown Leonor. So much that already dresses as a major girl: with jeans and shirt.
" She is very good, eats and sleeps, the normal thing in a baby of almost two months ", affirmed Letizia full of pride and happiness.

Illuminating a splendid, unusual figure in a woman who has just been a mother, the Princess of Asturias did not stop presuming. " Do you see well her eyes? ", she asked several times almost forty congregated journalists in order that they could catch well the blue look of her girl, who will be baptized on January 14 in Madrid.

' Do you see well her eyes? ', Letizia said
Also we saw seemed that Doña Leonor guards with her mother grandfather, Jesus Ortiz, from whom she has inherited the nose.
The small Infanta, who " already weighs five kilos ", will be undoubtedly the great protagonist in the dinner of End of Year, since this day expires two months.

Attachments

• foto1_R1_460.jpg
    foto1_R1_460.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 429
VIDEOS

The princes of Asturias travel to Lanzarote with the infanta Leonor.

At their arrival to the residence The mareta the prince leads the car, whereas dona Letizia and the infanta Leonor occupy the part of behind. The princes, very smiling, greet from the car the public and the press there congregated. Meanwhile far from there, in Soria, the infanta dona Elena and don Jaime de Marichalar together with their two children were present at the funeral for the father of the duke of Lugo.

http://es.celebrities.yahoo.com/051227/4/4hk4g.html

The princes of Asturias pose with the infanta Leonor in Lanzarote

In the Canary island the small infanta is enjoying her first vacations together with her dads. Dona Letizia during her appearance before the means commented that her daughter weighs already five kilos.she behaves herself very well as all the babies, eats and sleeps the whole day. On her part, don Felipe confirmed that they will celebrate the End of the Year in Madrid close to the rest of the Royal Family.

http://es.celebrities.yahoo.com/051228/4/4hmj8.html

I hate to to this, but I've said this before and I'm going to repeat it again. We all adore these lovely photos and we all appreaciate that each member takes time to search and post photos, but do you find it absolutely necessary to post the exact same photos 400 times?... Even if the photos are not attached to TRF's database, some members have adressed the team to complain, because we, moderators, allow that 1000 photos from one event are posted and we agree with those members. That's why we spend so much time removing repeated photos... but you all should co-operate...

Well, thank you very much again, but please, before postimg another photo, take a while to see it isn't already here.

Elsa M.
(TRF's Supermoderator)

Don Felipe and Doña Letizia visited zones of the north of the Island accompanied by Princess Alexia and Carlos Morales

On Thursday, they visit the Viewpoint of the River and has supper later in the famous premises of Haria, just in the seat Leon and Castillo. In this space they took advantage to take a walk, without the children of the pairs.

On Saturday, Princes of Asturias and Infanta Leonor will travel to Madrid.

from http://www.canarias7.es/impresa/articulo.cfm?Id=1179540

Attachments

• 1179540-1g.jpg
    1179540-1g.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:
On thursday, Princes visit the north, some details...

I commented to the Prince that they had had bad luck with time.
´Yes, it is true´, said he to me ".
Pablo Garcia, manager of the bar restaurant Two brothers, in the heat of seat of Hazia, says that he remained surprised when he saw appear to prince Felipe way of the service that bad weather and later he requested to him that he signed to him in the book of visits.
"he signed to Me and he said to me that when appeared the Princess it gave it so that it also signed her".
Princess Letizia and Princess Alexia of Greece, arrived little minutes later, after giving a stroll by the town and, in spite of the time, they seated in the terrace, accompanying to Prince Felipe and Carlos Morales. The Princes requested
"two Coca-Colas, Popes with gravy and cheese of Lanzarote ".
One is the second visit by the Island that has extended publicly. First they did it on the second day of the visit, after the past in the Mareta, to a restaurant of Lime Port, where Princess Alexia and Carlos Morales live.

http://www.la-provincia.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=34861&pIdSeccion=3&pNumEjemplar=924

http://www.canarias7.es/impresa/articulo.cfm?Id=1179540

Don Felipe and dona Letizia, together with their daughter, the infanta Leonor, will leave today the residence of The Mareta to return to Madrid, where they will dismiss the year. They will go away past the midday, in regular flight, of equal way that they came last Monday to Lanzarote's island.
Their Highnesses have taken advantage of the stay to rest, as well as to do some exit. So much to Port Calero, in Yaiza, since to several payments of the municipality of Haría. Since accompanists had Alexia of Greece and Carlos Morales.

http://actualidad.terra.es/familia-real/articulo/principes_leonor_lanzarote_664724.htm

Princes and dona Leonor leave Lanzarote after 5 days rest

The Princes of Asturias and their daughter, the Infanta Leonor, left today Lanzarote, island to which they came on December 26 to spend the Christmas vacations in the Royal residence of ' The Mareta '.
Don Felipe and Dona Letizia, that they have tried to pass unnoticed during their stay in Lanzarote, went out of ' The Mareta ' about 11.50 hours in a vehicle led by the Prince and for which was following another tourism. The plane of regular line that they moves Madrid departed from Guacimeta's airport at 12.20 hours.
Before leaving ' The Mareta ', the Princes of Asturias said goodbye of their cousin, the princess Alexia of Greece and her husband, Carlos Morales, who reside of Lanzarote's permanent form and with those who shared many moments during their stay in the island.

I feel sorry for them. Thier lives are at risc of becomming more and more like a realityshow. They can not even have a small vacation for them selves. No wonder they feel like staying inside of the house most of the time. They should stop letting thier lives being runned too much by the press(I know it is difficult:) ) and stop apologize everything like Prince Filipe did to the press when Letizia had a false alarm before the birth or when he apologized to the press that they had to wait a few days before seing Letizia and the baby. False alarms and c-sections with a period of recovery are normal for pregnant women and are not something that should be apologized for. Mother and baby comes first, then the press just have to wait till they feel ready to be seen. Now it says they are making this photosession as some kind of an apology for being photographed by papparazzos the mall in Madrid. They should stop pandering too much to the press and put a foot down or else the press will continue and be more and more intruding. I know it is nice to see photos of the three together and they seemed very happy, but by letting in on the press, the press will demand more and more of them and like any other parents there will be times when they are stressed and not up for it and then the press will begin to wonder and speculate. They look okay now, but im pretty sure that they inside also are a bit annoyed when they smile and wawe every time they drive past some photographers in thier car or are out for a walk. Just try to ignore the papparazzos, then the pictures will be less exciting for the press and although non-smiling pictures can be misused by some gossip magazines to print marrigeproblem/post pregnancy depression/child sicknes stories, I think most normal people will understand that they need privacy and can not smile and look happy all the time. I know the Spanish situation is different and more complicated, but the other royals, although not succeeding well all the time:) , seem to be better to set some bordres for the press and just accept the risc that it can be critizized by some for being too private. It a choice between two evils, but they have a right to privacy imo:)

http://www.canarias7.es/articulo.cfm?id=16764

Don Felipe and dona Letizia finish their vacations in Lanzarote

With 21 degrees of temperature and the clear sky, don Felipe and dona Letizia, together with their mall Leonor, already with two months of age, they left little before the today midday on Saturday the residence of The Mareta of Coast Teguise with destiny Guacimeta's airport. In the airport enclosure, the Princes of Asturias and their small one they embarked in a flight of Spanair's regular line with destiny to Madrid, to good of power like that to divide the year with don Juan Carlos and dona Sofía. Thus, Their Highnesses put end to a stay vacional of five days in Lanzarote, with the intention of returning in the future.
To the exit of The Mareta, don Felipe, to the steering wheel of the car that he is in the habit of leading in a habitual way, stopped a few seconds before the onlookers who were waiting for their exit and before the representatives of the mass media, being grateful to all for the treatment that had distributed him to him and his family during the time of rest in soil lanzaroteño. Of equal way asintió dona Letizia, with a wide smile for the presents.
It is necessary to indicate that small before the item, up to Coast Teguise they approached Alexia of Greece, with her small two (Ana Maria y Arrietta), on board of a car; and the husband of this one, Carlos Morales. During near half an hour the family Morales was together with their cousins, the better thing to dismiss and to be wished in 2006 for the Princes of Asturias.

Attachments

• 16764-1g.jpg
    16764-1g.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 448
  • 16764-2g.jpg
    16764-2g.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 305
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom