Christening of Infanta Sofía: July 15, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the name of the pacifier that Sofia uses, and is it the same type her sister used when she was a baby?

What about the Bulgarian Royals? Where there any other members of the Family, apart from from Prince Konstantin?

I don't know, they aren't in the guests list, but I ignore if it is a complete list:

Familia Real
Su Majestad el Rey
Su Majestad la Reina
Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Asturias
Su Alteza Real la Princesa de Asturias
Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Elena
Excmo. Sr. Don Jaime de Marichalar, Duque de Lugo
Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Cristina
Excmo. Sr. Don Iñaki Urdangarin, Duque de Palma

Familia de Su Majestad el Rey

Su Alteza Real la Infanta Doña Margarita
Excmo Sr. Don Carlos Zurita, Duques de Soria
Excmo. Sr. Don Alfonso Zurita y de Borbón
Excma. Sra. Doña María Zurita y de Borbón
Su Alteza Real el Infante Don Carlos
Su Alteza Real Doña Ana de Borbón-Dos Sicilias
Excmo. Sr. Don Bruno Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón y Excma. Sra. Doña Bárbara Cano de la Plaza
Excmo. Sr. Don Beltrán Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón
Excmo. Sr. Don Fernando Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón y Excma. Sra. Doña Mónica Martín Luque

Familia de Su Majestad la Reina
Su Alteza Real la Princesa Irene de Grecia

Familia de Su Alteza Real la Princesa de Asturias
Señor Don Jesús Ortiz Álvarez
Señora Doña Ana Togores
Señora Doña Paloma Rocasolano (madrina)
Señora Doña Menchu Álvarez del Valle
Señor Don Francisco Rocasolano Rodríguez
Señora Doña Enriqueta Rodríguez Figarredo
Señora Doña Telma Ortiz Rocasolano
Señora Doña Henar Ortiz Álvarez
Señora Doña Claudia González Ortiz
Señor Don Tomás Caparrós Fernández de Aguilar
Señora Doña Marisol Álvarez del Valle
Señor Don David Rocasolano Lláser
Señora Doña Patricia Reina Martínez
Señor Don Antonio Vigo Pérez

Otros invitados
Su Alteza Real el Príncipe de Vidin (padrino)
Su Alteza Real la Princesa de Vidin

Autoridades
Excma. Señora Doña María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, Vicepresidenta Primera y Ministra de la Presidencia
Excmos. Señor Presidente del Congreso de los Diputados y Señora Doña Carmen Ortiz de Marín
Excmos. Señor Presidente del Senado y Señora Doña Marisol Solana de Rojo
Excmos. Señora Presidenta del Tribunal Constitucional y Señor Don Jesús Leguina Villa
Excmos. Señor Presidente del Tribunal Supremo y del Consejo General del Poder Judicial y Señora Doña Guadalupe Díaz-Ambrona de Hernando
Excmos. Señor Ministro de Justicia y Señora Doña Susana Sánchez de Fernández Bermejo
Excmo. y Rvdmo. Monseñor Don Manuel Monteiro de Castro, Nuncio Apostólico de Su Santidad
Excmos. Señor Alcalde de Madrid y Señora Doña María del Mar Utrera de Ruiz-Gallardón
Excmo. Señor Conde de Elda, Decano de la Diputación Permanente y Consejo de la Grandeza
Ilma. Señora Doña Pilar Blanco-Morales Limones, Directora General de los Registros y del Notariado

Personal médico que asistió el parto, encabezado por el Dr. Luis Recasens Autoridades y personal de la Casa de Su Majestad el Rey

Letizia has never looked happier. Beautiful children !

Thank you for the list mapian! :flowers:
According to the guestlist, the only foreign Royals were Prince and Princess Vidin (since Princess Irene didn't attend).

You are welcome Avalon.

Princess Irene attend, she is "Familia de Su Majestad la Reina" : Su Alteza Real la princesa Irene (H.R.H princess Irene)

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong, but I found Leonor a bit bratty, (Christian remained quiet on his sister's christening and they are about the sam age, im not comparing just making a point here) of course it was not the time for Letizia to correct her.

I'm glad to see the Ortiz Rocasolano family smiling after they terrible tragedy

Dont get me wrong, but I found Leonor a bit bratty, (Christian remained quiet on his sister's christening and they are about the sam age, im not comparing just making a point here) of course it was not the time for Letizia to correct her.

Have you ever been around a toddler? She behaved like any almost 2 year old would royal or not.

What about the Bulgarian Royals? Where there any other members of the Family, apart from from Prince Konstantin?

Guest list: Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España

Family members:

HM The King
HM The Queen

HRH The Prince of Asturias
HRH The Princess of Asturias

HRH Infanta Doña Elena
HE Don Jaime de Marichalar, Duke of Lugo

HRH Infanta Doña Cristina
HE Don Iñaki Urdangarin, Duke of Palma

HRH Infanta Doña Margarita
HE Don Carlos Zurita, Duke of Soria
HE Don Alfonso Zurita y de Borbón
HE Doña María Zurita y de Borbón

HRH Infante Don Carlos
HRH Doña Ana de Borbón-Two Sicilies

HE Don Bruno Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón
HE Doña Bárbara Cano de la Plaza

HE Don Beltrán Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón

HE Don Fernando Gómez-Acebo y de Borbón
HE Doña Mónica Martín Luque

HRH Princess Irene of Greece

Don Jesús Ortiz Álvarez
Doña Ana Togores

Doña Paloma Rocasolano (godmother)

Doña Menchu Álvarez del Valle

Don Francisco Rocasolano Rodríguez
Doña Enriqueta Rodríguez Figarredo

Doña Telma Ortiz Rocasolano

Doña Henar Ortiz Álvarez

Doña Claudia González Ortiz

Don Tomás Caparrós Fernández de Aguilar

Doña Marisol Álvarez del Valle

Don David Rocasolano Lláser

Doña Patricia Reina Martínez

Don Antonio Vigo Pérez

Other invitees:

HRH The Prince of Vidin (godfather)
HRH The Princess of Vidin

Authorities

HE Doña María Teresa Fernández de la Vega, Vice-president

TE President of the Parliament and Doña Carmen Ortiz de Marín

TE President of the Senate and Doña Marisol Solana de Rojo

TE President of the Constitutional Court and Don Jesús Leguina Villa

TE President of the Supreme Court and Señora Doña Guadalupe Díaz-Ambrona de Hernando

TE Minister of Justice and Doña Susana Sánchez de Fernández Bermejo

HE Monsignor Don Manuel Monteiro de Castro, representing HH the Pope

TE Mayor of Madrid and Doña María del Mar Utrera de Ruiz-Gallardón

HE The Count of Elda

HE Doña Pilar Blanco-Morales Limones

The medical crew that assisted the birth, led by Dr. Luis Recasens

Authorities and personnel from the House of His Majesty the King

Hmmm, not too long ago she was called strange, emotionless, deaf, etc. I guess like her mother she will never win. Would you call Amalia and Ingrid or any toddler bratty too?

Thank you Anna_R :flowers:
And a wonderful avatar yet again! :)

Great picture mapian, Leo seems to be tired after running and playing the whole day! :lol:

Leonor looks like a doll! She's in a nice garden, what do you do when you're two, you play. She's perfectly normal and charming! Christian was inside a church, and he's by nature (I think) a more serious and observant character. Kids will be kids, and they are always themselves no matter what. That's the beauty of being a child, you're innocent and carefree!

Thanks so much for everyone for posting photos and videos. I can´t understand someone critizing Leonor´s behaviour, she´s a lovely child and just 1 year and 8 months old, even though she is already a big sister. She´s so sweet and beautiful.
I find it disgusting to make polls about which sister is more prettier. They are both so precious.
The more I see princess of Asturias the more I admire her. She looked so happy and her dress was absolutely beautiful and so dignified and appropriate for the baptism. I liked Paloma Rocasolano´s outfit also. I was a little surprised that so many ladies had pants.

OMG !!!! Lovely family!! Sofia is very pretty, she has two beautiful eyes ...she is blond as her sister ... pretty girl... Leonor is a living doll.. is beautiful ... I am in love with her beautiful golden hair... Letizia was very beautiful .. Felipe and letizia have a beautiful family

I too see Leonor's behavior perfectly acceptable for a little girl her age. The ceremony was late and long. And who can forget the antics of Froilan, Victoria, Miguel, Pablo and Juan during Juan and Letizia's wedding. Kids will be kids.

However if people are criticizing Leonor and Letizia is already commenting that Sofia is a bit less well behaved than Leonor was, I can't imagine what will be said about poor Sofi in the future:lol:

What happened to Juan's eyes? In the big picture he looks like he has dark purple rings under his eyes.

So far, the same pics everywhere:neutral: (I wanted more details lol)

That's all we'll see. There was one pool photographer, no more. That's all you ever have at a SRF baptism--they consider it first and foremost a family affair, to be conducted with as much intimacy as is possible.

That said, the few images we saw are wonderful. Felipe and Letizia and their two girls make a truly beautiful family. I particulalry like how natural all the photos feel.

Lovely, elegant, discreet. The Asturias are a class act. And if Leonor looks quite literaly like a doll, Sofia promises to, IMO, surpass her in beauty.

I love the Urdangarin boys' shoes! so formal :)

I too see Leonor's behavior perfectly acceptable for a little girl her age. The ceremony was late and long. And who can forget the antics of Froilan, Victoria, Miguel, Pablo and Juan during Juan and Letizia's wedding. Kids will be kids.

However if people are criticizing Leonor and Letizia is already commenting that Sofia is a bit less well behaved than Leonor was, I can't imagine what will be said about poor Sofi in the future:lol:
One or two people on this sight criticizing Leonor for acting like an outgoing two year old on a very hot afternoon does not a quarem make. Just as Spainards haved always loved Froilan for his mischevous ways, they will be equally charmed with Leonor's "simpatia"--I am quite sure of that.

And if I could add, I think it is as foolish and silly to compare Leonor and Christian as it is to compare their mother's.

She behaved like the little girl she is, and I loved it. Especially when she took off her shoes! :lol:
Lets not forget that she is still a baby even though she already is a "big sister" ..

BTW, Letizia was absolutely stunning!!

One or two people on this sight criticizing Leonor for acting like an outgoing two year old on a very hot afternoon does not a quarem make. Just as Spainards haved always loved Froilan for his mischevous ways, they will be equally charmed with Leonor's "simpatia"--I am quite sure of that.

And if I could add, I think it is as foolish and silly to compare Leonor and Christian as it is to compare their mother's.

I totally agree. It's not fair to criticize Leonor's behavior: she's two (basically). It's hot outside, and in a situation where she has to sit still for a long time, you can't blame her for being a little antsy. Besides, I don't think it bothered the family that much; they were probably more amused than annoyed. You can tell how much her parents and grandparents adore her and are proud of her, but they also clearly adore and are proud of little Sofia as well. You also have to remember that things are VERY different than what she's used to. She was an only child for 18 months, a pretty long time, and then all of a sudden WHAM there is a new sister in her life and her parents have another child to care for and look after, so there's not as much time for her, and she may not understand that yet.

At least Sofia doesn't mind! She was well-behaved and alert the entire time, the cute, precious girl. She has the biggest, prettiest eyes, she is going to woo the boys with those someday, something her father probably is not looking forward to! Sofia may have started getting a little noisy, as you could tell that they put the pacifier in her mouth, which I think made her look even more adorable. I love babies with binkies!

Such beautiful pictures of an even more beautiful family. Leonor looks like a little angel with those curls.

Hi! I think it is highly inappropriate to judge who will be prettier Infanta Sofia or Infanta Leonor. In my view personal features , intelligence are very important. I hate when people judge someone on the basis of their apperance. It seems to me that some of you want to make the two girls rivals. Leonor and Sofia are pretty, each of them in a different way. Somebody said that Sofia would be more beautiful than Leonor., such things make me laugh. Infanta Sofia nad Infanta Leonor should be well educated, intelligent, polite and so on. This is not any beauty peagent like Little Miss.

Leonor with the blond curly hair looks CUTE!!!!!! and.......Sofia has really big eyes!!!!!! simply a very nice family!:wub::wub::wub::wub:

hope to see this family soon during their summer vacation!

That's all we'll see. There was one pool photographer, no more. That's all you ever have at a SRF baptism--they consider it first and foremost a family affair, to be conducted with as much intimacy as is possible.

That said, the few images we saw are wonderful. Felipe and Letizia and their two girls make a truly beautiful family. I particulalry like how natural all the photos feel.

Lovely, elegant, discreet. The Asturias are a class act. And if Leonor looks quite literaly like a doll, Sofia promises to, IMO, surpass her in beauty.

I have seen several pics of other SRF christenings (including Leonor's) in different agencies, with different details
that was why I was so sad when i searched and searched and searched and everywhere the same pics turned out, I hope maybe in the following days we'll get more pics:lol:

To criticize to leonor for her behavior? Please...She is a wonderful, happy and nice girl as any girl of her age.. God blesses her!

Hi! I think it is highly inappropriate to judge who will be prettier Infanta Sofia or Infanta Leonor. In my view personal features , intelligence are very important. I hate when people judge someone on the basis of their apperance. It seems to me that some of you want to make the two girls rivals. Leonor and Sofia are pretty, each of them in a different way. Somebody said that Sofia would be more beautiful than Leonor., such things make me laugh. Infanta Sofia nad Infanta Leonor should be well educated, intelligent, polite and so on. This is not any beauty peagent like Little Miss.

I completely agree with you.

20minutos.es - Última hora, local, España y el mundo made a poll about it, who's prettier Leonor or Sofia? which, as you said, I find highly inappropriate!:angry::mad::furious:

They are both beautiful babies! :wub:

Back
Top Bottom