Christening of Infanta Sofía: July 15, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh wow, Leonor is so beautiful. I LOVE her hair ! It's so preeeetty ..

Letizia looked very radiant. I liked what she wore and I adore her new hair, much better than the what she had before, simply love it.

And we can SO expect that Sofia will be even more beautiful than Leonor, cause she is much prettier already now She has adorable eyes , really.

Last edited:
I think the same as a previous poster said, beauty is very evident in this family. Everyone looked lovely. Little Sofia definitely looks different than her sister. So nice to see the whole family!

according to terra's article:

-letizia showed sofia's eyes to the press ("look what a pair of eyes she has!").

-leonor was at felipe's arms and then at sofia's but when put on the floor, she crossed the hall and entered running through one of the doors.

-apparently leonor has now more attention since sofia's birth.

I think both girls have Letizia's eyes. Good for them. Letizia's eyes are beautiful.

Leonor is so funny in the video. In the garden, she couldn't sit still and ran around in one photo. The caption of the photo proclaims her "the protagonist of the day" if I get the Spanish right. Then in the indoor group photo sesseions, she was first in her father's arm where she grabbed the gown of her sis. Not sure she's interested in the gown or her sister. :lol: She ran out of the room before all the government officials and other guests come in. She obviously has no patience for greet and meet just yet. She's clearly the media darling of the Spanish Royal Family.

Sofia, on the other hand, is so well behaved. She's wide awake for the ceremony, the photo sessions and the greet-&-meet. Yet, she's not making any fuss at all.

Telma looks really pretty. Too bad there's no bigger picture of her. I understand why she wants to stay outside of Spain. If she's in Spain, she'd be a favor of the paparazzi for sure. Too bad for Spanish guys.

Felipe is one exceptionally lucky men - he is surrounded by such 3 beautiful Ladies! :)
Sofia looked precious with her big beautiful eyes, Leo was a doll as usual. :wub:
Letizia, Sofia, Telma, Paloma & other Ladies at the christening looked great, I especially loved Letizia's white outfit.

Were there any other Royals at the event? I know Spanish Christening are private affairs, but I thought some other members of the Bulgarian Royal family, apart from Konstantin, could be there.

I'm a bit disappointed by what Queen Sofía is wearing, but I suppose the pants are due to her wounded leg. Godmother Paloma, on the other hand, is very elegant (esp. with her hair straight)!
I hope we can get some photos of the guests too, especially Prince Konstanyin's wife ;)

I think both girls have Letizia's eyes. Good for them. Letizia's eyes are beautiful.

Leonor is so funny in the video. In the garden, she couldn't sit still and ran around in one photo. The caption of the photo proclaims her "the protagonist of the day" if I get the Spanish right. Then in the indoor group photo sesseions, she was first in her father's arm where she grabbed the gown of her sis. Not sure she's interested in the gown or her sister. :lol: She ran out of the room before all the government officials and other guests come in. She obviously has no patience for greet and meet just yet. She's clearly the media darling of the Spanish Royal Family...

Leo was a quiet angel during her christening as well. Give Sofia a couple of years and the two of them will be troublemakers (and heartbreakers too - I don't get how the Spanish RF manages to have such gorgeous kids). ;)

I think both girls resemble Letizia pretty a lot, although Leo has her father's features as well. She appears to be a strong personality, much like Catharina Amalia or Ingrid Alexandra.
The next generation of the Royal Ladies will break more then one hearts, that's for sure. :D

Edit: You can see Leo was quite noisy and mischievious from these pictures (although judging by the big smiles, no one minded it):
Picture 1 (who's the apple of everyone's eyes?)
Picture 2

Last edited:
Sofia is going to be a stunner someday with those big, beautiful eyes! Leonor reminds me so much of her father at the same age, and she also reminds me a little of her cousin Pablo. The Spanish royals are going to have maybe the most attractive bunch of young royals, because all eight of the children are absolutely beautiful, even at a young age. I just can't get over Leonor's golden ringlets and her lips are very full and red. Sofia reminds me of Leonor, but she reminds me the most of Irene.

Thanks for the video. This is a different version and the picture is clearer. Letizia has the soft maternal glow on her face when she's comforting Sofia after Sofia's obvious rejection of getting wet. Letizia held her close to her face and cooing her. The camera closes in on Letizia's face. She looks soft and beautiful in that shot.

The video also shows some of the guests and Sofia's cousins. Frolan looks bored with his arms crossed. Miguel was fanning himself. It's always funny to see these boys.

Here is a good picture of Telma:

Bautizo de la Infanta Sofía

Here is an unbelievably cute picture of Leonor with her angelic smile:

Bautizo de la Infanta Sofía

Is Letizia wearing a new diamond ring? It doesn't look like any rings she wore befoe. She is wearing two gold bracelets now. I bet the new one has Sofia's name on it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was Leonor running around, being noisy, etc. during the ceremony? Letizia had to "shh" her, but she looked proud and amused while doing it, and when Leonor was running back to the family they all looked so happy. is there a video of that?

holaaa a todos
me encanto el bautizo de la infanta sofia que esta hermosa y esos ojos tan bellos , leonor sin duda es una muñeca de porcela ..
letizia estaba muy bien vestida y su peindo muy lindo..

holaaa to all I enchant the baptism of the infant sofia that this beautiful and those so beautiful eyes, leonor without a doubt is one mu?a of porcela.. letizia was very well dressed and very pretty his peindo.

Last edited:
Leonor is a little angel, I loved the pictures in which she is running around and her mommy tells her to be quiet. she's just so cute :wub: also the video in which you can see her running out of the room into the hall. Quite a little troublemaker she is allready, I guess Froilan finally has a successor :lol: Sofia is an incredibly beautiful little baby isn't she? Does anyone know where we might find a bigger picture of Irene?

I'm used to strictly choregraphed royal events in which all involved knows from A to Z what is his or her role. This also adds to the dignity in which royal events are 'done'.

I'm a bit surprised to see that two shakey camera's were allowed to pee over the shoulder of one of the clergymen and that photographers were walking anc clicking during such a precious and solemn moment as a baptizing by the Archbishop of Madrid....

During Dutch royal events (weddings, funerals, baptims) the Court always gives strict orders that "it must be like there is no media around". This means small hidden wireless camera's hanged high under a roof, in a chandelier, behind a pillar and controlled via joysticks. The same policy is applied in the United Kingdom. Also there royal events are so prepared that the royals have a minimum as possible hindrance from media.

I found the whole ceremony a bit unquiet. But of course this is just an observation. No critics. For sure not on the little Infanta.

:flowers:

Are there close of picture of Irene? I see her in the group shot. I know its Sophia's day but I like their resemblence to one another.

The King did not look amused.

It does look like it, I think he is just serious but he adores his grandkids. I can't really tell who the Sofia looks like. They are absolutely adorable! This is the first time I see Letizia since the death of her sister looking happy. She looks beautiful!

Did King Constantine and Queen Anne Marie attend? Any other Greek royals?

Thank you to all who posted the photos and video. The Prince and Princess have two very lovely daughters.

I want to wish infanta Sofia and the Spanish royals a beautiful future where you are blessed. Les mando amor y felecidad. Buena suerte. Adios.

Back
Top Bottom