Christening of Infanta Sofía: July 15, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Todo preparado para el bautizo de la Infanta Sofía: el equipo médico que la atendió en el parto está invitado

20MINUTOS.ES/AGENCIAS. 13.07.2007 - 15:03h
Todo preparado para el bautizo de la Infanta Sofía: el equipo médico que la atendió en el parto está invitado - 20minutos.es

En torno a cien invitados, entre familiares, amigos, personal de Zarzuela y el equipo médico que asistió a Doña Letizia en el parto, estarán presentes en el bautizo de la Infanta Sofía.

The ceremony will not be broadcasted live. EFE and TVE will distribute photos to all agencies and there will be a photosession.

i'm disappointed i was going to watch it no matter what time i had to get up. out in the garden should be beautiful. did i understand her grandmother is going to be a godmother? i've never seen that, aunts, uncles, cousins but never the grandparent. did i understand it correctly or is it translation and we don't know who the godparents are yet?

i'm disappointed i was going to watch it no matter what time i had to get up. out in the garden should be beautiful. did i understand her grandmother is going to be a godmother? i've never seen that, aunts, uncles, cousins but never the grandparent. did i understand it correctly or is it translation and we don't know who the godparents are yet?

Tha godparents are Paloma Rocasolano, the grandmother of Sofia (in Spain it is habitual), and Konstantin of Bulgaria, Prince of Vidin

Ayuntamiento Valencia envía flores para el bautizo de la Infanta Sofía

Town hall Valencia sends flowers for the baptism of the Infanta Sofía

The Town hall of Valencia has sent floral adornments to the Royal Household to distribute them this next Sunday in the gardens of the Palace of the Zarzuela, on the occasion of the baptism of the Infanta Sofía, the second daughter of the Princes of Asturias.

Last edited:
La Infanta Sofía será bautizada el domingo en la intimidad familiar

The Infanta Sofía will be baptized on Sunday in the familiar intimacy

The baptism of the second daughter of Princes of Asturias, the Infanta Sofía, will take place next Sunday evening, in the intimacy of the enclosure of the Palace of the Zarzuela, since it is habitual in this type of celebrations.

The small Sofia will bring together the Royal Family, the Family of the King, the Family of the Queen and the family of the Princess of Asturias, as well as to high authorities of the State and of the House of the King in the gardens of the Palace of the Zarzuela to receive the sacrament of the baptism, and they will be her godfathers her grandmother, Paloma Rocasolano, and Konstantin of Bulgaria, prince of Vidin.

The prime minister, Jose Luis Rodríguez Zapatero, will not be able to come to the baptismal ceremony of the eighth one of the grandchildren of the Kings, for being of trip of work in Mexico.

The cardinal archbishop of Madrid, Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, assisted by the military archbishop, Francisco Perez, will spill on the girl the water of the river Jordan sent from Holy Land expressly for the ceremony, which will develop close to the hermitage that exists near the principal entry of the residence of the Kings.

Rouco Varela tomorrow baptizes in the Palace of the Zarzuela Infant Sofía

The cardinal archbishop of Madrid, Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, will tomorrow baptize in the Palace of the Zarzuela the second daughter of Princes de Asturias, Infant Sofía, been born the past 29 of April, and whose padrinos will be their maternal grandmother, Rocasolano Dove, and Konstantin of Bulgaria, prince of Vidin.

Rouco Varela will fulfill another tradition of the Royal Family when using a shell of cristianar elaborated in sobregilded silver and coming from the chapel of the Real Palace to throw the water on the head of the girl.
Previously, they will put for the average graphs and the familiar album.

Rouco Varela bautiza mañana en el Palacio de la Zarzuela a la Infanta Sofía

i can't wait to see the little princess and pictures of this very beautiful family! On the side, i'm also curious to see what both princesses will wear - letizia and Leo..

On the side, i'm also curious to see what both princesses will wear - letizia and Leo..

Me too Eliza. What colour do you guys think Leonor's dress will be tommorrow? Any ideas? I'm hoping a cute pink :flowers: I can't wait to see the cuties, they'll win over everyone as always. :wub: We'll probably get to see QS with her own camera again :lol:

The video of Paloma is really great, she seems to be a very nice and polite person. I`m glad the princes choose her as Sofia`s godmother.
I`m looking forward to see the whole family so much :wub:. I`m sure it will be a very beautiful christening in the gardens. I wonder if Leonor will be a star of the day just like during the presentation of Sofia when she was so incredibly cute.

:) We'll see Sofi and Leo tomorrow! :)
Monna I absolutely :heart: your avatar!

Is this the first time we have seen Sofia since she left the hospital?

Is this the first time we have seen Sofia since she left the hospital?

Yes, I believe so. To my knowledge there have been no other pics of Sofia since the day she got home from the hospital.

De la Vega y Fernández Bermejo asistirán en representación del Gobierno al bautizo de la infanta Sofía

De la Vega and Fernandez Bermejo will be present in representation of the Government at the baptism of the infanta Sofía

The first vice-president of the Government, Maria Teresa Fernandez de la Vega, and the minister of Justice, Mariano Fernandez Bermejo, will be present in representation of the Executive at the baptism of the second daughter of the Princes of Asturias, her Royal Highness the Infanta Sofía, who will be celebrated in the gardens of the Palace of the Zarzuela , as they informed Europa Press in Moncloa's sources.

What time is the christening gonna take place? Are we gonna be able to see it online?

What time is the christening gonna take place? Are we gonna be able to see it online?

The baptism is at 19.30 (spanish time). You cannot see it on line, because the baptism is not emitted, to the end of the baptism the images of the same one will be seen. Probably the video will appear in different webs, but it is necessary to wait. Up to the 20.30 - 21.00 we will have neither videos nor photos.

Last edited:
as lula said, i just found this article on ABC that explains some details of the baptism.

ABC.es: nacional - nacional - La Infanta Sofía será bautizada hoy en el Palacio de la Zarzuela

it will take place in the late afternoon at the gardens of zarzuela (i guess it will be similar to irene's christening then, and not to leonor's that happened in winter). the president won't be in attendance as he is on an official trip in mexico, but our vicepresident will. the ceremony will be more intimate than leonor's, with the attendance of the families and close friends and the medical group that assisted letizia while in labour.

So the baptism hasn't started yet? Does it start sometime in the afternoon?

Does anyone know if Telma will be their ?

Does anyone know if Telma will be their ?

Very good question. I hope so, first because I'm very found of Thelma as a woman and Letizia's sister. How was touching were her tender kisses to the Princess of Asturias to consolate her. Then, as we know The Princess of Asturias liked very much her sisters, since the lost of Erika, we cna think that she needs a lot the presence of Thelma in family act as this one.

It's the reason why I think that Thelma will be here, in fact I hope strongly.

The Infanta Sofía will be baptized this evening in Madrid

vídeo

Antena3

It would sure mean the world to Letizia to have Thelma there. SO I'm sure she will do all in her power to be there. I really hope that she'll be present. The family is going to need it now more than ever, during an event in which it will be so clear somebody is missing.

can't wait to see all of them especially the little Infantas Leonor & Sofia

Back
Top Bottom