The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

Is Sofia older or younger than Leonor was when she was christened?

Old 07-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Infanta Leonor was born on October 31, 2005 and was baptised on January 14, 2006, which made her 2 months and 14 days old at the time.
Infanta Sofia was born on April 29, 2007 and will be baptised on July 15, which will make her also 2 months and 14 days old on the day.

So both girls are 'of the same age' at the time of Christening.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
So both girls are 'of the same age' at the time of Christening.
Is ten weeks old a tradition in the SRF?

I forgot little Sofia was being Christened this weekend - can't wait for new pics.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
Is ten weeks old a tradition in the SRF?

I forgot little Sofia was being Christened this weekend - can't wait for new pics.
Not, simply it has been a coincidence. The Royal Family is in the habit of celebrating the baptisms concerning 3 months after the birth. Sofía's baptism is celebrated this day because it was one of the few ones that the whole Royal Family had free, and they wanted to celebrate it before the summer vacations.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

I can't wait to see the new pictures, Sofia was such a beautiful newborn, I can't wait to see how she has changed and to see little Leo, who is fast becoming my favorite little girl. It will great to see all the grandchildren together, hopefully we will get a picture of Leo and Irene, I don't think I have ever seen one where they are together.
Old 07-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, it'll be great to see the entire family together before vacation. Will Sofia wear the same gown as her sister, like they do in Denmark, or will they make an entirely new gown for her?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Yes, it'll be great to see the entire family together before vacation. Will Sofia wear the same gown as her sister, like they do in Denmark, or will they make an entirely new gown for her?
Yes, Sofia will wear the same dress that her sister. It is the dress with which the King was baptized, also the Prince of Asturias, the Infantas and all the grandchildren of the kings.

Christening of Infanta Leonor
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...06-a-7826.html

Baptism of Irene Urdangarín
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...arin-6197.html

Spanish Royal Baptisms and Godparents
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ents-3264.html
Old 07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Gentry

Does anyone have information on the time of the christening and if it will be carried on tv? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrara View Post
Does anyone have information on the time of the christening and if it will be carried on tv? Thanks.
It probably will not be carried live on TV, nor will there be many photos. Baptisms in the SRF are considered family events. I belive that only one pool photographer and one pool camera will be present and they will distribute a limited number of photos and edited film, just as with Leonor and Irene, most recently. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

I may be wrong, but I do not believe that in the case of Leonor or Irene we had photos with all the cousins.

It will be very discrete, as is customary with the SRF.
Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Aristocracy

lucys: you are right, in addiction the baptism will be in the evening, is possible that TVE emits a special program at night.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Serene Highness

Yes, they emitted a special the day she was born as well.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Courtier

What time it will be the baptism?
Old 07-11-2007, 05:02 AM
Courtier

According to HOla the cristening will be in the afternoon, but they don't know precisie the hour.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

LA INFANTA SOFÍA SERÁ BAUTIZADA EL PRÓXIMO DOMINGO EN LOS JARDINES DEL PALACIO DE LA ZARZUELA

INFANTA SOFÍA WILL BE BAPTIZED NEXT SUNDAY IN THE GARDENS OF THE PALACE OF LA ZARZUELA

If the weather does not prevent it, the second daughter of Princes de Asturias will receive waters from the Jordán river to the 19:30 of afternoon in the gardens next to the residence of the Kings
Old 07-11-2007, 11:46 AM
Courtier

In the gardens? I like it ... I think that the baptisms are so sweet in the gardens ... as that of Irene, I liked it so much...
Old 07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

19:30? I thought it'd be around 11 or 12.

Anyone knows if it will be broadcasted live on TVE?
Old 07-12-2007, 05:24 AM
Serene Highness

19:30!! it's really late in the afternoon! it's even the night!!lol
Old 07-12-2007, 05:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cécile76 View Post
19:30!! it's really late in the afternoon! it's even the night!!lol
In summer, 19.30 is still day, at least in Sapin. It is a normal hour to do a celebration in summer, more if they are going to do it in the garden, because with the heat of Madrid at another hour it would be impossible.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, in summer, in Spain our dinner can be at 10:00 pm or later. For us 19:30 is afternoon.

Mary: in the previus post of lucys (#70) she explain it perfectly.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:35 AM
Serene Highness

oh yes you're right!!! I forgot the spanish time!!!lol

and in the middle of the day with the warmth and the sun it's not good for a baby and guests also!!!

ahhhhh I can't wait this christening!!!