The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2007, 11:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gudeeya View Post
i love how this family does things.. nothing over the top and pompous! sofia gets the honor of being named after her dad's mom and have her mom's mom has her godmother!
Very true. Even though they are royals there is such a sense of normalcy about them that I don't see as much with other royal families. Its never over the top, and always very tasteful while not undermining royal traditions.

Not an easy thing to do, but they pull it off.

Adorable photos, thanks to all who posted them.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:14 AM
Serene Highness

wow, i just got wind of the news, and Infanta Sofia's christening falls on the same day as my birthday. so i'll be glued to the TV then. and i agree with every one that it's indeed sweet to have Paloma as her godmother.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Now that Lillepigen and Sofia's christening dates are confirmed, all we have to do is wait for Ariane's! It seems strange that her's will probably be the last of the three, especially since she was born before those two.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
Now that Lillepigen and Sofia's christening dates are confirmed, all we have to do is wait for Ariane's! It seems strange that her's will probably be the last of the three, especially since she was born before those two.
I guess it makes sense since she was sick. I can't wait to see all of these little royal babies again, especially Leonor, Sofia, and Irene. The christening will definitely be cutie overload.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladejesus
I guess it makes sense since she was sick.
Well, the Dutch royal babies are usually christened a somewhat long time after their birth. I.e. Amalia was six months old, and Alexia was five months old.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

I read from some finnish paper, that the Spanish law of names was changed at 1999. It is written in the law, that royal childen can have two first/Christian names at most, and the last name/surname. Does any spanish member know, if this is true? When we look at Felipe´s, Elena´s and Christina´s children, only Froilan has three first names, the others have only one or two first/Christian names.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I read from some finnish paper, that the Spanish law of names was changed at 1999. It is written in the law, that royal childen can have two first/Christian names at most, and the last name/surname. Does any spanish member know, if this is true? When we look at Felipe´s, Elena´s and Christina´s children, only Froilan has three first names, the others have only one or two first/Christian names.
I've never heard of any such law (though it would probably be good to hear a Spanish member's opinion). However Pablo, who was born in 2000, has 3 names - his full name is Pablo Nicolás Sebastián, so I think the finish paper's information is not correct.

It has always been streesed that it was Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia's wish to give their daughter(s) only one name.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Imperial Majesty

I didn´t know that Pablo has three names, at the website of the Royal House I found only two. I read somewhere that in Spain you can register only two names, but you can give three names in baptism. And then there is "Real Decreto 193/2000", which has some modifications of Spanish Name Laws.
I personally don´t mind at all, that the princesses have only one first name.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Oh, now I feel a little like a "princess"..since I have a very single name. As well as my brother. I always felt as an odd person, for all my classmates have two or three names, and I had only one... I had a complex, but now I'd lost it! Forever!

Vanesa.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

You're right Vanessa!.
Actually Im the only one in family (including, aunts, uncles, cousins, the whole bunch!! ) that doesn't have a second, or middle name, and here in Pty is very common to put middle names. Now I now why don't have one ..Im the Princess of the family!
Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 PM
Courtier

I wonder if Telma would fly back to Spain for this occasion. She could use some sun because it's typhoon season in the Philippines.
Old 07-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Is still announced, who will join the christening, f. e. the Greek Royal Family or members of some other royal families?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
Is still announced, who will join the christening, f. e. the Greek Royal Family or members of some other royal families?
No guest list is released prior to the christening. The only royals other than family that you can expect to see there are the Greek and the Bulgarian royals.

Christenings on the Spanish Royal family are family affairs.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

President J.L. Zapatero will not attend the Christening of Infanta Sofia, he will be in an official visit to Mexico and Panama

El Semanal Digital=
Old 07-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia View Post
President J.L. Zapatero will not attend the Christening of Infanta Sofia, he will be in an official visit to Mexico and Panama

El Semanal Digital=
Already had been commented that he would not represent, I wonder if the Vice-president will replace him.

It is not also known if as with the Infanta Leonor, and on having been a daughter of the inheritor, there will come also the rest of High Authorities (President of the Congress, President of the Senate, Chairwoman of the Constitutional Court and President of the Supreme Court).

Until Sunday we will not known the guests list
Old 07-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

I can't wait to see Leonor and Sofia, .. and Letizia smiling again!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Courtier

I have many desires to see both girls! .. Little sofi sure be so cute like an angel.. i want see her eyes..her hair.. aw how cute!.. Leo more beautiful than never!! i can't wait for the day!
Old 07-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness

I can't wait to see them! It's less than a week now. It will be great to see the entire family united again for something as beautiful as a christening. All the kids will be adorable as always
Old 07-10-2007, 02:32 PM
Heir Apparent

THE BATTERY WHERE THE NEXT SUNDAY WILL BE BAPTIZED INFANT SOFÍA ARRIVED YESTERDAY AT THE ZARZUELA

When infant Sofía receives the waters of the Jordán river in the Palace of the Zarzuela the next Sunday, 15 of July, will do it in the historical battery of Santo Domingo de Guzmán that was used for the last time, the past year in the baptism of their sister, infant Leonor.
Following the secular tradition, the personnel of the House of the King personó only yesterday in the convent of the Dominican ones to take shelter the relic after to have warned that previously they would happen to look for it first hour of afternoon and to be asked for this one by the King through a letter.
By their weight and the difficulty that the power implies to move it, at least four men are needed so that, once kept in his box, it is possible to be placed on the four you walk that they allow and they facilitate his transport.

LA PILA DONDE SERÁ BAUTIZADA LA INFANTA SOFÍA EL PRÓXIMO DOMINGO LLEGÓ AYER A LA ZARZUELA
Old 07-10-2007, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

I think the word for "pila" is baptismal fount in this case...