The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Commoner

Leonor just makes me laugh. I can't get enough of her. I know that little Sofia should be the centre of attention, but once again her big sister managed to steal the show.

A big THANK YOU to everyone who has contributed countless pictures and videos of this lovely occasion

Old 07-21-2007, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

here is a video from a spanish tv programme where they tried to read their lips to know what they were saying during the meeting with the press. it's something they quite like doing and some others did the same when felipe and letizia married.

if you want to have a look, here is the video:

what a wanted to say about it was that i simply love when leonor says "todo, todo, todo" (everything, everything, everything). it's quite cute. she said the same during the press meeting when letizia went out of hospital when she meant she wanted the other microphone. this time it looks like she was impressed by the quantity of photographers, lol. it's just so cute how she points and looks amazed :)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Courtier

The children are adorable and Letizia looked stunning. It is good to see her looking like her old self again especially after her sister dying late in her pregnancy. I love this family.
Old 07-21-2007, 03:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
here is a video from a spanish tv programme where they tried to read their lips to know what they were saying during the meeting with the press. it's something they quite like doing and some others did the same when felipe and letizia married.

what a wanted to say about it was that i simply love when leonor says "todo, todo, todo" (everything, everything, everything). it's quite cute. she said the same during the press meeting when letizia went out of hospital when she meant she wanted the other microphone. this time it looks like she was impressed by the quantity of photographers, lol. it's just so cute how she points and looks amazed :)
Wait until she knows how to count numbers. She'd better get used to it. Photographers will follow her every move her whole life. Cameras love her. Same does her adoring public.

Thanks for posting this. I wish my Spanish is better so I can understand what the reporters/host and hostess are saying.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:07 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post

Thank you so much Carlota. It's such a sweet video. I love knowing what they were saying, because I had been wondering about it. Leonor is a doll, she's so cute during the whole ceremony. I think it was very obvious that she was at a place that was home for her, a christening at her grandparents house. She looked completely at ease, that's probably also why she was so spontanious and playful outside during the ceremony. It were her gardens, the same ones she probably plays in all the time. It's quite difficult to explain to a little girl, that this time she had to be formal in her own garden, surrounded by family members. I loved the way she behaved, so cute
Old 07-22-2007, 12:04 PM
Serene Highness

thanks for all those pictures and video!!!!!

baby sofia looks really beautiful and infanta leonor so cute!!!! they have both beautilful little girls!!!

princess letizia looks amazing!!! she's really beautiful and happy!! what a great family!! I love her dress and her hair!!! waouh!!
Old 07-22-2007, 02:29 PM
Aristocracy

That was a great video- thanks for posting it! I love how attentive Felipe is. You can tell he spends a lot of time with his family, just by how Leo interacts with him. The baby with the big blue eyes and her elder sister are just beautiful- it's so nice to see Letizia and her family happy again. I'm thankful that Letizia didn't suffer any ill-effects from the tragedy.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

The Princess of Asturias has two beatiful daughters to remind her how beatiful live is, and that she must not surrend to pain, even if this pain is very understable.

As for Infanta leonor behaviour...Oh, I don't think there is so much to fuss about. All elder siblings behave in the same way at their younger siblings christening. And she did not anything "bad", quite the opposite. She made people melt of tenderness in front of their little princess. If she keeps acting this way, all Spain (and surely the world) will be on her knees before her!

Vanesa.
Old 07-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia, queen for one day

Awake, observant and without expressing) not even an alone moan. This way Sofía de Borbón Ortiz received her baptism. In arms of her mother, still with the sad look, monitored closely over her naughty sister and admired by uncles, grandparents and friends.

Sofía, reina por un día
Old 07-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Sofia, queen for one day

Awake, observant and without expressing) not even an alone moan. This way Sofía de Borbón Ortiz received her baptism. In arms of her mother, still with the sad look, monitored closely over her naughty sister and admired by uncles, grandparents and friends.

Sofía, reina por un día
First time I read that a magazine mentions that Letizia looked sad. Even the german mags said she looked happy and radiant again I didn't think she looked sad, maybe a bit more serious than at Leonor's christening.

BTW, BUNTE mentioned that Leonor went singing around the baptismal font (we could see that) but also that she stuck out her tongue towards her grandpa JC (we couldn't see that) so due to lack of photo proof I guess it's not true
Old 07-23-2007, 07:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
First time I read that a magazine mentions that Letizia looked sad. Even the german mags said she looked happy and radiant again I didn't think she looked sad, maybe a bit more serious than at Leonor's christening.

BTW, BUNTE mentioned that Leonor went singing around the baptismal font (we could see that) but also that she stuck out her tongue towards her grandpa JC (we couldn't see that) so due to lack of photo proof I guess it's not true
I continue waiting that Thelma marries Alberto of Monaco.

Yes, the princess was happy ... but the press continues wanting to extract slice to the drama of the dead sister.

On Leonor's topic, really these Germans have imagination, we all have seen the videoes and the photos, and this it is the only information that exists, because the baptism was private. There were very little the journalists who had access to the previous session of photos, and none has done any similar commentary. Some place I have seen Leonor's image sticking out, but this image does not belong to any of the photos, and in it, is evident that the tongue is big enough that the mouth of the girl ... I imagine that someone has amused in the photo montage. ( Pardon, the image that I saw was of the visit to Leonor of the clinic)
Old 07-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
That would give Letizia a break from being the center of attention, wouldn't it Urrrgghh this 50 year old wanna-be-bachelor who will never make up his mind The Phillipines are a good hideaway from guys like him.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
And here I was thinking, until this day , that you really liked Telma .

Geeee, two Ortiz' women under constant magnifier would send me to early grave in two months .

So Leonor showed grandpa the tongue?! I honnestly don't know where this girl will end... two years-old and all she wants is to play around tss tss tss

Duke, you should add to german some portuguese mags - one of the last week's cover had a picture of sad Letizia saying she is suffering unbearable pressions inside the Palace to get pregnant again and fast to have a boy... Letizia shares the cover with a serious face of Her Majesty Queen Sofia besides her guess, who's giving Letizia the pressure??
Old 07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Don't take this the wrong way but IMO Thelma is too beautiful for Albert.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Courtier

I agree with you, Thelma is too beautiful for Albert.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I agree, if it were true, it would have made not just the magazine covers but the front page of the newspapers.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

A video of the baptism on the website of Svensk Damtidning, Sweden
Video
Old 08-01-2007, 12:45 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
I agree, if it were true, it would have made not just the magazine covers but the front page of the newspapers.
Yes and it also would've been WAY TOO FUNNY
Old 08-01-2007, 01:06 AM

wow spain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Commoner

Oh i always love the royal babtism. I am lucky there are so many royal babies being born.

The queen must be proud her granddoughter is named to her. Letizia looks like a warm mother. She looks wonderful. this pregnancy must have been difficult for her because of loosing her sister. She is a strong woman.

thanks for the pictures of this loving family.