The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Yep, something defenitely was up there however, I still think she gazing at daddy.. don't know why.. I "studied Leo's look" and I think she's looking at daddy

Old 07-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Of course, she is..and "daddy" seems to be very proud of her.

Vanesa.

Old 07-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Some days far away of my ADSL, and far away of this estupendous event.

First of all many, many thanks for all the pics and videos - in particularly, tanks to Ana_R for her pics even if, I don't why I can't succeed to open all the shots, about one on two -

Then what a true happyness to see the Princes of Aturias, the Queen, the Princes's fathers so enjoyed by this ceremony. For those who need to make critcics, remember it's a very pleasant ceremony, it's a fest because it's a new christian, and the Archibishop, so severe habitually, was very enjoy for this lived girl....

It's a total no-sens - and a little strange one - to criticize the Leonor's behaviour because if the Princes has decided to link their little girl in precize place, she has a nanny to take car of her. In my opinion - and it's a very good decision - the Princes has want to give an image of their little girl, free exactly as she is, so sweet, so funny, very curious and quiet intrepid.

Remember for the Leonor's christening theInfanta's Cristina were mischievous, quiet disturbing the ceremony playing with the pile....

I hope for this so charming little Infanta to go on like that, giving happyness to her fathers and grand fathers.

The Kings of Spain, may be are happy fathers, but sure are extremely happy grad fathers. What so estupendous are all the grand children of the Kings, all are extremly handsome, with character and not the same. What do you want more for fathers and grand fathers in thelife with theirs children and grand children, the health, the good development and the beauty.

Please, as all we know the life is somtime the best way to learn the discipline and a young so mischievous and marvellous little girl has all the time to learn a little bite how you have to do to be an very psycho rigid Infanta.

Yes, it seems that the King don't like very much this kind of ceremony, it's no the first time; but if you are looking at the videos, you can see how he was near of Leonor, trying to catch her hand and having a little smile in front the decided character of his grand child so funny. But, I'm sure that the King is very proud too for all his grand children as it can be sonormal because they are all absolutly estupendous!

Just a detail, look how the king is watching at the little Sofia - on the pics gav by Ana_R ), it's a true grand father.

It was a so sympathetic ceremony, bringing happyness for every body that I don't understand the critics - I don't qualified them - mad becase so and so!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:13 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchu View Post
The King did not look amused.
I wonder if he looks more amused when Letizia will finally have given birth to a boy I guess she has to give it at least one more try, as her mother in law. Somehow I have the feeling JC would have been more pleased if Letizia had delivered the male heir and the constitution topic would be non existent.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Even if Letizia gives birth to a boy next year, the changes in constitutioin will be very much a topic. I'm quite sure when it will be known Letizia is pregnant with a boy (and I assume Felipe & Letizia would alert the Prime Minister, just like in this case they alerted they expected a girl), the Government would go ahead with changes.

One of the promises the current PM Zapatero gave in his election program was adopting equal primogeniture. And this is a rare issue, when the Opposition is in total agreement with the Goverment.They planed to go ahead with the changes when the second pregnancy was announced, but the Princes announced they expected a girl, which spared them to adopt changes in a rush.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I wonder if he looks more amused when Letizia will finally have given birth to a boy I guess she has to give it at least one more try, as her mother in law. Somehow I have the feeling JC would have been more pleased if Letizia had delivered the male heir and the constitution topic would be non existent.
Then in that Letizia cannot do nothing, among other things, because in addition in the determination to the sex of a baby it influences plus the genetics of the man that the one of the woman
Old 07-19-2007, 06:32 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
Even if Letizia gives birth to a boy next year, the changes in constitutioin will be very uch a topic. I'm quite sure when it will be known Letizia is pregnant with a boy (and I assume Felipe & Letizia would alert the Prime Minister, just like in this case they alerted they expected a girl), the Government would go ahead with changes.One of the promises the current PM Zapatero gave in his election program was adopting equal primogeniture. And this is a rare issue, when the Opposition is in total agreement with the Goverment.They planed to go ahead with the changes when the second pregnancy was announced, but the Princes announced they expected a girl, which spared them to adopt changes in a rush.
Your are right Avalon. I meant if she had delivered the male heir in the first place the topic would now be non existent and JC had other issues to worry about. I see JC definitely as one of the "It's a man's world" guys
Old 07-19-2007, 06:34 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
Then in that Letizia cannot do nothing, among other things, because in addition in the determination to the sex of a baby it influences plus the genetics of the man that the one of the woman
Absolutely but why is it that until this day the woman gets the blame or the praise (in case of Diana, she did a perfect job)?
Old 07-19-2007, 06:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I see JC definitely as one of the "It a man's world" guys
In that I agree, the King is a man who by his age, his education, the atmosphere in which grew… must be a sexist man.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade
Your are right Avalon. I meant if she had delivered the male heir in the first place the topic would now be non existent and JC had other issues to worry about. I see JC definitely as one of the "It a man's world" guys
Oh yes, I agree with you on that one. I just can see the King very pleased if Felipe's first-born was a boy.
But as Lula pointed, it's not Letizia's fault.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 07-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

I believe that as much little children oppresses to him. The King must be one of those men who thinks that, of the children, and more if they are babies the women occupy. What I do not have so sure is that later, he can resist to Leonor when every day she plays in Zarzuela.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

My opinion is that little Leonor is just 20 months year old, I have a boy of that age and it is very difficult to keep them quiet and seat on a chair and doing nothing!!Although it is no impossible to do that and if most of the time they should be out playing, laughing and doing what a normal young baby does, sometimes there are occasions that they need to be well-behaved, quiet for some time. And it is necessary to instil them to do that, they cannot do always whatever they want, and even if Christian is quieter and a more serious child in public, I really think that he would prefer to be out there in the church playing, but he wasn't!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

In fact, the most funny of this thread is that we are becoming teachers of Know How Regal behaviour for little Infanta whom the single "crime" is to be very spontaneous, smiling, funny then three months ago she was a sad, introverty and shy little girl!! What a strange evolution!!

E viva la Infantita!!!
Old 07-19-2007, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty

It seems that the King in this occasion had a reason to be serious, since that day a good friend died.

Interstitial - Noticia

Ignacio Caro, inseparable companion of the King on the high seas

Last July 15, eve of the festivity of the Virgin of Carmen - mistress of the sailors-, Ignacio Caro died in Ibiza at the age of 78. It was one of the most particular figures of the Spanish contemporary science of navigation, and key person in the personal environment of the King Juan Carlos.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
It seems that the King in this occasion had a reason to be serious, since that day a good friend died.

Interstitial - Noticia

Ignacio Caro, inseparable companion of the King on the high seas

Last July 15, eve of the festivity of the Virgin of Carmen - mistress of the sailors-, Ignacio Caro died in Ibiza at the age of 78. It was one of the most particular figures of the Spanish contemporary science of navigation, and key person in the personal environment of the King Juan Carlos.
That explains a lot. That's really sad. No wonder the King looked so serious
Old 07-19-2007, 08:01 PM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Didn't know about it! I apologize to having made fun of him in other thread of the "Royal Chit Chat" Forum...

Vanesa.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Courtier

Cristina looks amazing. The girls are both beautiful, but Sofia has a perfect face. Little Irene is also another doll.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Serene Highness

I think all the little granddaughters are adorable! This is a good looking crew of kids.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:08 AM
Nobility

It is beautiful photo all royal family of Spain and Princess Letizias family!!! I am see photo on Princess Irene is sister to Queen Sofia and Kings sister Princess Margarita with husband of Zuarita. Wow big royal family now and royal couple have many grandchildren.!!! Princess Letizias grandparents and grandmother is with his great-grandchildren on christening!
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanesa View Post
Didn't know about it! I apologize to having made fun of him in other thread of the "Royal Chit Chat" Forum...

Vanesa.
I didn't know either. I commented on the King looking unhappy, now I know why.